“Le Blanc - Cancun’s Best Spa Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Le Blanc - Cancun’s Best Spa Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our second stay at the Le Blanc our first being in 2009. Before 2009 we were frequent visitors to Cancun but we stayed away for a while due to all the craziness in Mexico. But after much discussion my wife and I decided it was reasonably safe and we made the trip back. Our first choice based on all or past Cancun and Playa experiences was to return to the Le Blanc and our expectations were completely fulfilled. This is an adult’s only, all inclusive Palace Resort which also allows you to visit their other Palace resorts in Cancun.

Reservations – Since I was using airlines miles I did not use a travel agent and went directly to the hotel web site and made our room reservations. No problems here at all. We booked the Royale Governor suite and if you want to go first class this is the suite to have. Depending on your length of stay at Le Blanc you get room credits. The maximum is $1500 if you stay five nights and four nights gets you $750. You can apply these to the spa services, cabana rental, or several other services available at the hotel.

Arrival – greeted upon arrival with cool towels and a nice drink and when I told the door greeter our name he acknowledged they were expecting us and took us straight to the reservations desk. This part was quick and easy, less than five minutes to check us in. We were then taken over to another part of the lobby and a very nice lady explained all about the hotel and what was available, including the customary spill on becoming a member, taking a tour, etc., which we declined.

Recommendation – if you plan to take advantage of any of the spa services or renting a beach cabana, etc., you can do all that on their web site ahead of time and they will email you all the conformations. This saved us a great deal of time at check-in. I just showed the lady a printout of the reservations and we were off to our room. Katia Maldonado is the person that helped us with all the on-line reservations for the spa services and cabana rental and she did a great job and we did it all via email.

The Royal Governor’s Suite – The pictures tell the story, this is the type of room you expect from a five star resort - first class room and then some. Very large bedroom, large bathroom with double sinks, large tub, large shower, and a flat screen TV built into the bathroom mirror - very cool. The king bed was the most comfortable I’ve every slept in and there are two large closets, room safe, large flat screen TV at the foot of the bed. There is also another TV in the chest at the other end of the room. Full bar with four choices of liquor, snacks in the frig with beer and plenty of bottled water. There is an outside balcony that runs the full length of the room and another walkout balcony on the other side of the room. Both have full views of the beautiful ocean front. See pictures and their web site for all the details.

Spa – one of the best if not the best, it’s like you went to Hollywood. They have all the customary services with lots of options for packages and pricing. I went with the “Day at the Spa” and it was great.

Beach Cabana – we rented one of these and with our room credits the daily cost was about $40 and I highly recommend it. They are located a ways back from the water so if you prefer to be closer they have tons of large umbrellas and lounge chairs. Just tell them where you want them setup and it’s done in a flash. They also have food service on the beach and the pool area. Just ask for a menu, good food.

Service was first class at this hotel both inside and on the beach or by the pool. Tip the servers and they will of course pay a little more attention to you but they do a great job either way. Tip them, they work very hard at this hotel and are always appreciative.

Food – really great food here, our favorite was the Oriental restaurant but they are all first class with great service, nice wine selections and great atmosphere. All the restaurants have a dress code, long pants for men and closed toed shoes. Everyone really dresses up to dine so go prepared. Their American buffet is casual dress and the food there is good. For nightly entertainment you can go off-site or you can go up to the third floor club and they always have some type of music going, either a live band or someone spinning records. They have enlarged and jazzed up the club from our first trip; it needed the upgrade and is much nicer and larger now. There is a pool table area behind the bar if you like to do that.

I think one of the nicest things about the Le Blanc is that it’s not a super large resort so you don’t have to walk half a mile to the beach or pool area like in some of the mega resorts.

I have two cons: the first is a big issue, the resort next door has loud speakers setup that are constantly blaring either loud obnoxious music or some guy yelling through the microphone trying to get their guest to participate in different pool games or even bingo. It was very annoying and got so loud one day that several of us complained to the Le Blanc hotel manager but they were unable to stop them. Very distracting while trying to relax on the beach.

My only other knock, and it’s very minor, they advertise a butler on each floor to help with whatever you need, well they are never at the desk on the floor but this was not a big deal, you pick up the phone in your room and someone is there in a flash.

This is a great five star hotel, it’s not the cheapest but if you want first class accommodations and upscale settings this is the place to stay in Cancun. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Always go with the Ocean front rooms, you want regret it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing such detailed review regarding your experience at our Resort and allowing us to host your holidays for the second occasion. It is with great pleasure I read we were not just able to meet your expectations but to exceed them during this second visit. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your room accommodation and noticed the improvements made at our Stage bar. Thank you for constructive comments, as they will help us improve and provide a truly five diamond service to all of our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to your return to your home away from home for another relaxing and pampering experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vidor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

What an amazing place to be. The lovely people who work at Le Blanc are absolutely the most amazing people. There is nothing they can not get, do, make or anything else and time is of no factor. They will iron, wash, draw your bath, get you any pillow you want, make you soup in the middle of the night from scratch if you are sick, etc....! If you download their app then you can email your butler at anytime and whatever your request it will be taken care of before you are back in your room. The spa services are out of this world! It's worth every single dollar!!!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff members are our biggest asset and number one reason we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. I am glad to know everyone at the Resort went the extra mile to make of your stay a once in a lifetime experience. I hope to have the opportunity to host you holidays once more in the near future.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros :

Great service
Great amenities
Super clean
Great food

Cons :
Expensive
Food variety is not limitless (the menus do not change)
Excursions are crappy

What we really liked:

The service around the pool and beach is awesome. They will carry the towels, bring an ice bucket with water bottles, setup the chairs and dig a hole to install the parasol. They will give you complimentary magazines; they will massage your temples, offer fruits, serve food on the beach like nachos, burgers, pizzas, etc.

The internet and long distance to USA and Canada are complimentary. To my surprise the internet works well in the room, in the lobby, at the pool and even at the beach!!! I believe they have a 50mbps line for all you geeks out there. Just dial 9-001-area code-phone number.

Restaurant Lumière: it’s a French fusion restaurant that is worthy of high caliber world class restaurants. The presentation is mind blowing. There are even some touches of molecular cuisine. The portions are small but do not forget that you have 6 to 7 courses - 2hour dinner. A typical night will include an amuse bouche, followed by appetizer (prawn or scallops) then second appetizer (salad hot or cold) then soups (lobster bisque or leak potage) then trou normand (sorbet with alcohol) main course (chicken, filet mignon or fish) then dessert (chocolate anything) then digestif (Bayley’s, tequila, scotch, etc.)

What we didn’t like:

To be fair this is not really about Le Blanc, but about an excursion bought with resort credit so somewhat related to Le Blanc. We used the resort credits to do an excursion. First you have to know that the tour is organised with all the other Palace hotels so you might have to stop to 4 or 5 hotels before actually starting the trip. We went to Coba (close to Tulum) and according to Google it should take around 2 hours to go there from Le Blanc. However with all the stops, it took 4 hours! Then they take you to the mandatory handicraft market (read tourist trap) then they take you to the main event. There, you have to follow your guide in the sweltering heat for 2 hours like cattle. Then they take you to a crappy buffet. The bus was probably built in the 1980. Don’t get me wrong, the 80’s was a cool decade, but when it comes to busses, it scary! The next day we asked the butler to get us a rental car and a lunchbox; it goes without saying that we had a much better day that way. Don’t be put off driving; the roads are in great conditions and directions so clear a 5 year old could do it. By the way, there is only 2 roads, you just can’t get lost. No need for a GPS here. So all in all, you’re in a 5 stars resort but if you take the excursions you will feel like you are in a 3 star excursion.

Constructive criticism:

Inside Lumière there is a smell of humidity, which at first is a bit repulsive, but you get used to it.

It would be amazing if they put felt pads on the legs of the room furniture (chairs, tables, etc) because if you stay in bed late you will hear the maid on the floor on top of you moving the furniture on the floor.

It would be nice to have international non alcoholic drinks offered like Powerade/Gatorade.

We were there 7 days and we would have appreciated having a second set of menus in the restaurants because you will run out of options.

I strongly believe Le Blanc should offer fewer excursions, make them more expensive but increase the quality to make the excursions on par with the quality of the rest of the hotel offerings.

Here is a special thank you all the dedicated people that made this vacation memorable:

Mario and Israel our 7 floor Butlers who arranged everything and patiently answered all our questions.

Mayara the persons bringing us drinks at the beach always with a smile.

Omar the guy bringing us towels and water at the beach, he was always running in the sweltering heat, I have no clue how he does it.

Jose the waiter at Lumière who was knowledgeable, funny and intelligent.

And to all the others who we unfortunately didn’t catch the names we are grateful for your hard work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost allow me to thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays in Cancun and taking the time of sharing your experience with Trip Advisor Readers. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our pool and beach facilities as well as our Restaurant Lumiere. Our chefs are in a continuous research to provide our guests with the ultimate culinary experience and I am glad to know they continue to accomplish this goal day by day. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments as well, they will help us improve and provide a truly five diamond service to all of our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you once more for another memorable experience.
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful stay (again) at LeBlanc! I love getting through the congestion of customs and walking into LeBlanc to be greeted with cold coconut milk and a warm neck wrap!! LOVE IT!
Check in was smooth, as always, and again, I always get a ocean view room! That is what I love to see every day on my week long stay at LeBlanc! The food was FRESH and FANTASTIC!! I loved the oriental fusion restaurant and the Italian restaurant and the pizza by the pool!! The new beach cabanas are excellent! The romantic dinner on the beach was better than last year!
Leblanc was in the spirit of celebrating the World Cup with banners and big TVs set up in the club so my husband could watch the games while eating pizza!! I relaxed by the moon pool after lunch.
Also new this year, 3 Tenors! For romance and just fun, it was great! The service while you are listening to the singers is excellent!
Also, while we were there a large group of salespeople where there as well! It was fabulous to meet them and talk to people from all over the US! Yet, the hotel never felt crowded! We were still able to make appointments at the spa for everything we wanted!
And let me say for the record, the four hands spa treatment was out of this world! My husband and I both had the experience and loved it!! I still love the Bulgari toiletries! I still love the fact that I can always find a lounge chair and the views from both of the infinity pools are very very beautiful and relaxing!! After a long day in the sun, the butler draws your bath in the two person hot tub in your room! How relaxing and romantic!
Also new this year is the romantic dinner on a yacht! Well that was also delicious and well organized! Steak and lobster, how can you go wrong? We celebrated 25 years of marriage this year and the views of Cancun from the lake/lagoon at night on the yacht were breath taking! Again, I met wonderful people and again all food and drinks included on the yacht!
( I too have traveled the world. I have numerous stamps in my new and old passport! My husband and I have never gotten ill traveling! )
I LOVE this resort! My husband loves this resort! We will continue to be pampered and treated like royalty by LeBlanc! If you enjoy that kind of treatment, then I recommend you bring lots of sunscreen because the Mexican sun is hot, hot! Yet, also bring your appetite as the food is
delicious!! The people are smiling and happy to see you! What more can can I say?

Room Tip: Always get ocean view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your holidays once more, it is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy our new activities as the tenor’s bom fire by the beach, romantic dinner as well as our Chef’s dinner. Allow me to thank you for all of your compliments, they motivate us to provide the best service possible to our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home for another memorable experience.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Each year we host an annual incentive trip for our organizations top performers.

In 2014 we hosted annual inventive trip winners and their guests to this resort and as a large group we experienced no real issues, the restaurants where very good and offered different choices, how're getting reservations was at times a challenge.

the rooms where very nice and the staff where very good. Never a " no" to any requests

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to host you Company’s trip. It is thank you to your valuable feedback I know our staff members did everything in their hands to make of this holiday a memorable experience. I look forward to welcome you and your team once more to our Resort for another Le Blanc experience.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at this resort and while there may have been one or two small issues, overall the experience was stellar. A warn neck wrap and cold drink upon checkin, really started us off on the right foot. Next we met our floor "butler", who was there to cater to our every request, from dinner reservations, to unpacking, to stocking our bar and getting the hot tub ready for us (more on that later). After the second day on site we learned that there was an app for the property, which you can use to book the spa and request specific services. There is really something decadent about sitting through a nice dinner, then using your app to order the balcony hot tub, for a specific time, with specific bath scents, so it is ready when you return to your room - complete with some sweets and rose petals. We ate at most, though not all of the restaurants. Overall, the food quality was good, better than most all inclusive hotels I have been to. Be sure to make reservations, so you are assured the pick you want at the time you want. The same could be said for the drinks, which were plentiful and not watered down. So, what could be improved? First, the hot tub on the balcony was plugged into a wall socket near the floor, which shorted out when water was splashed onto it. Second, there was minimal entertainment - a Michael Jackson homage, a magician, a DJ in the bar. For me it wasn't a big deal, but for others looking for a bit of night life may need to head off property. I have been to several properties in Cancun (The Ritz, the JW Marriott, the Sun Palace, Royal Solaris) and this is by far the nicest.

Room Tip: Higher up with a beach view is a must.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us highlighted by the staff attentiveness. Our Resort s thought in a spa environment same reason night activities are quite reserved. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments, they will help us continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. Thank you for your preference and look forward to welcome you back once more in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

It was very difficult for us to write this review because we actually like this hotel and the people who worked there seem really genuine, so it is sad for us to write this “below expectations” review.

We intentionally booked all-inclusive at the Le Blanc to mark our honeymoon – as the reviews looked amazing! This hotel promised to maintain high standards in both facilities and service together with a promise to exceed all expectations. But we were disappointed by a number of things, we can list these as follows:

Food, Restaurants and Beverages
We love fine dining and Le Blanc promised this in abundance! But it was very sad for us to experience that at no time during our stay was world class cuisine presented. In all honesty we would personally rate the food quality as typical 4 star standard in comparison to many of the 5 star hotels which we have stayed. We fully understand that food quality is very subjective and differs from country to country, however we can list the following concerns which we would consider as failings:

1. Illness. Together we experienced four bouts of diarrhoea during our stay. We appreciate that this could be caused by typical travel bugs, however as we are both frequent travellers (and eat various food types) we do find this unlikely. We are in no way challenging the cleanliness of the kitchens (to the contrary as everything appeared very clean) however we would perhaps question the thoroughness of the cooking, especially with meat dishes.
2. Italian Restaurant. Perhaps this was the most inept of all the meal experiences during out stay. We felt the flavours did not at all reflect the true essence of Italian food, sorry.
3. International Restaurant - evening. Honestly the food was weak on all levels.
4. Oriental Restaurant. The better of the three main restaurants, but typically missing the ‘WOW’ flavour.
5. French Restaurant. Ok - but in our opinion not great. A great opportunity to introduce exiting flavour but felt quite pedestrian.
6. Level 3 pizza. By far the best experience…but rating a small pizza area with a limited menu as the best restaurant at Le Blanc?
7. There was a real anticipation for an exciting array of drinks and cocktails. Unfortunately may tasted like any other typical hotel cocktail offerings, again quite pedestrian rather than ‘special’
8. We did have room service three times during our stay (when we were ill) Again sorry to say that it was dry and tasteless.
9. Special credit should be given to Aqualino and Marco as they effectively saved our breakfast and lunch experiences. In fairness this was good food and did save us having to search outside of the hotel for meals.

Note: The hotel is quick to rebuff any accusation of ‘food hygiene issues’ and are eager to state that they conform to Mexican food standards directives. We reiterate that we do not challenge the cleanliness of the kitchens as we did not witness the state of these areas. All we state is that we got ill on four occasions, which is very unusual for us.

The promise of first class pampering was another attraction at Le Blanc, especially for our honeymoon. It was frustrating for us to experience a totally inconsistent level of service during our stay. Again we understand that service expectations are very subjective. But it is our opinion.

1. If this note is achieve anything PLEASE can you ensure that the lifeguard keeps to his duty. Whilst he is no doubt a good lifeguard we noticed his attention was frequently distracted from watching people in the sea! Anyone who knows Cancun will understand how dangerous the sea is there…
2. Associated with the above was the apparent lack of beach staff. On most days we set up our own sunbeds.
3. Some staff seem very inexperienced.
4. Another attraction to Le Blanc was the “dedicated butler” per floor from 7am – 11pm (We had Jonathon and Frank as the butlers and both were a real credit to the hotel) however the real problem is that they are rarely at their desks. Typically (we noticed anyway) that they were working on our floor from 8am-10am and 5pm-7pm. The rest of the time they were stationed at the main reception concierge desk. Effectively this ‘dedicated butler’ appears just slightly better than any normal reception concierge service, regardless of star rating.

Quality of Amenities
I can well imagine the upkeep of a hotel is a very challenging and onerous task but we still felt that there were several aspects of amenities that seems to fall into disrepair. This did effect our overall impression and enjoyment of the hotel, generally, and on many levels, devoid of heightened 5* detail. I can state 100’s of my observations of poor quality, but I do trust them when they say they are improving these failings. Time will tell (and future reviews!)

Entertainment
The Le Blanc try’s to be tranquil as a normal spa hotel (lots of whale music ect!) but also trendy, vibrant and stylish. It was apparent that much of the entertainment is so very subtle it is almost non-existent. In our opinion it was just a bit boring! (sorry we have to be honest!) We appreciate that this is a completely subjective comment! So possibly heaven for many?

Management
One thing that really annoyed us is when we did complain we often found the response was often rather shallow with generic ‘hotel responses’ (“your opinion helps us improve” “sorry, we will do better” ect ect) All said very nicely, of course.

Positives
We are certain that many members of staff found us challenging/moaners/divas ect for pointing problems out (perhaps not the “done thing” at Le Blanc!) but we are sure that many of our comments are valid and should cause concern. However, whilst we may appear as if we hated the Le Blanc in reality we didn’t! We can commend your hotel for the following:

1. Rooms were always cleaned immaculately
2. The room amenities are very good and are clearly 5* standard
3. Views (from our room anyway) was stunning
4. The rooms (whilst we were there anyway) were very quiet
5. The building interior appears well maintained
6. Check in/out was very efficient
7. The beach and gardens are well kept
8. Plenty of sunbed space
9. There are a number of little ‘unique’ things the Le Blanc does which is cute (things like the small squiggle in the cigarette sand for example) In our opinion it would be a good idea to try more?

Paul and Angela

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such special celebration as it was your Honeymoon .It is with great concern I read the inconveniences experienced during your stay at our Resort. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible ensuring our guests with the most relaxing experience and I truly regret we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay. Our guests’ welfare is very important for us and our Chefs and staff members are always looking forward to accommodate any special requirements regarding food restrictions as we do take this matter with all the seriousness required, due to the fact that our guests’ health is our number one priority. I am truly sorry we could not prevent these discontents from happening and ensure you with the romantic getaway you were looking forward to have. I would really appreciate if you would give us the opportunity to amend these disappointments during your future stay and serve you with excellence and professionalism.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!