“Amazig Le blanc” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Getaway Deal - 40% Off
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Canada
“Amazig Le blanc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros :

Great service
Great amenities
Super clean
Great food

Cons :
Expensive
Food variety is not limitless (the menus do not change)
Excursions are crappy

What we really liked:

The service around the pool and beach is awesome. They will carry the towels, bring an ice bucket with water bottles, setup the chairs and dig a hole to install the parasol. They will give you complimentary magazines; they will massage your temples, offer fruits, serve food on the beach like nachos, burgers, pizzas, etc.

The internet and long distance to USA and Canada are complimentary. To my surprise the internet works well in the room, in the lobby, at the pool and even at the beach!!! I believe they have a 50mbps line for all you geeks out there. Just dial 9-001-area code-phone number.

Restaurant Lumière: it’s a French fusion restaurant that is worthy of high caliber world class restaurants. The presentation is mind blowing. There are even some touches of molecular cuisine. The portions are small but do not forget that you have 6 to 7 courses - 2hour dinner. A typical night will include an amuse bouche, followed by appetizer (prawn or scallops) then second appetizer (salad hot or cold) then soups (lobster bisque or leak potage) then trou normand (sorbet with alcohol) main course (chicken, filet mignon or fish) then dessert (chocolate anything) then digestif (Bayley’s, tequila, scotch, etc.)

What we didn’t like:

To be fair this is not really about Le Blanc, but about an excursion bought with resort credit so somewhat related to Le Blanc. We used the resort credits to do an excursion. First you have to know that the tour is organised with all the other Palace hotels so you might have to stop to 4 or 5 hotels before actually starting the trip. We went to Coba (close to Tulum) and according to Google it should take around 2 hours to go there from Le Blanc. However with all the stops, it took 4 hours! Then they take you to the mandatory handicraft market (read tourist trap) then they take you to the main event. There, you have to follow your guide in the sweltering heat for 2 hours like cattle. Then they take you to a crappy buffet. The bus was probably built in the 1980. Don’t get me wrong, the 80’s was a cool decade, but when it comes to busses, it scary! The next day we asked the butler to get us a rental car and a lunchbox; it goes without saying that we had a much better day that way. Don’t be put off driving; the roads are in great conditions and directions so clear a 5 year old could do it. By the way, there is only 2 roads, you just can’t get lost. No need for a GPS here. So all in all, you’re in a 5 stars resort but if you take the excursions you will feel like you are in a 3 star excursion.

Constructive criticism:

Inside Lumière there is a smell of humidity, which at first is a bit repulsive, but you get used to it.

It would be amazing if they put felt pads on the legs of the room furniture (chairs, tables, etc) because if you stay in bed late you will hear the maid on the floor on top of you moving the furniture on the floor.

It would be nice to have international non alcoholic drinks offered like Powerade/Gatorade.

We were there 7 days and we would have appreciated having a second set of menus in the restaurants because you will run out of options.

I strongly believe Le Blanc should offer fewer excursions, make them more expensive but increase the quality to make the excursions on par with the quality of the rest of the hotel offerings.

Here is a special thank you all the dedicated people that made this vacation memorable:

Mario and Israel our 7 floor Butlers who arranged everything and patiently answered all our questions.

Mayara the persons bringing us drinks at the beach always with a smile.

Omar the guy bringing us towels and water at the beach, he was always running in the sweltering heat, I have no clue how he does it.

Jose the waiter at Lumière who was knowledgeable, funny and intelligent.

And to all the others who we unfortunately didn’t catch the names we are grateful for your hard work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
First and foremost allow me to thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays in Cancun and taking the time of sharing your experience with Trip Advisor Readers. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our pool and beach facilities as well as our Restaurant Lumiere. Our chefs are in a continuous research to provide our guests with the ultimate culinary experience and I am glad to know they continue to accomplish this goal day by day. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments as well, they will help us improve and provide a truly five diamond service to all of our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you once more for another memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (962)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful stay (again) at LeBlanc! I love getting through the congestion of customs and walking into LeBlanc to be greeted with cold coconut milk and a warm neck wrap!! LOVE IT!
Check in was smooth, as always, and again, I always get a ocean view room! That is what I love to see every day on my week long stay at LeBlanc! The food was FRESH and FANTASTIC!! I loved the oriental fusion restaurant and the Italian restaurant and the pizza by the pool!! The new beach cabanas are excellent! The romantic dinner on the beach was better than last year!
Leblanc was in the spirit of celebrating the World Cup with banners and big TVs set up in the club so my husband could watch the games while eating pizza!! I relaxed by the moon pool after lunch.
Also new this year, 3 Tenors! For romance and just fun, it was great! The service while you are listening to the singers is excellent!
Also, while we were there a large group of salespeople where there as well! It was fabulous to meet them and talk to people from all over the US! Yet, the hotel never felt crowded! We were still able to make appointments at the spa for everything we wanted!
And let me say for the record, the four hands spa treatment was out of this world! My husband and I both had the experience and loved it!! I still love the Bulgari toiletries! I still love the fact that I can always find a lounge chair and the views from both of the infinity pools are very very beautiful and relaxing!! After a long day in the sun, the butler draws your bath in the two person hot tub in your room! How relaxing and romantic!
Also new this year is the romantic dinner on a yacht! Well that was also delicious and well organized! Steak and lobster, how can you go wrong? We celebrated 25 years of marriage this year and the views of Cancun from the lake/lagoon at night on the yacht were breath taking! Again, I met wonderful people and again all food and drinks included on the yacht!
( I too have traveled the world. I have numerous stamps in my new and old passport! My husband and I have never gotten ill traveling! )
I LOVE this resort! My husband loves this resort! We will continue to be pampered and treated like royalty by LeBlanc! If you enjoy that kind of treatment, then I recommend you bring lots of sunscreen because the Mexican sun is hot, hot! Yet, also bring your appetite as the food is
delicious!! The people are smiling and happy to see you! What more can can I say?

Room Tip: Always get ocean view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your holidays once more, it is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy our new activities as the tenor’s bom fire by the beach, romantic dinner as well as our Chef’s dinner. Allow me to thank you for all of your compliments, they motivate us to provide the best service possible to our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home for another memorable experience.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Each year we host an annual incentive trip for our organizations top performers.

In 2014 we hosted annual inventive trip winners and their guests to this resort and as a large group we experienced no real issues, the restaurants where very good and offered different choices, how're getting reservations was at times a challenge.

the rooms where very nice and the staff where very good. Never a " no" to any requests

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to host you Company’s trip. It is thank you to your valuable feedback I know our staff members did everything in their hands to make of this holiday a memorable experience. I look forward to welcome you and your team once more to our Resort for another Le Blanc experience.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at this resort and while there may have been one or two small issues, overall the experience was stellar. A warn neck wrap and cold drink upon checkin, really started us off on the right foot. Next we met our floor "butler", who was there to cater to our every request, from dinner reservations, to unpacking, to stocking our bar and getting the hot tub ready for us (more on that later). After the second day on site we learned that there was an app for the property, which you can use to book the spa and request specific services. There is really something decadent about sitting through a nice dinner, then using your app to order the balcony hot tub, for a specific time, with specific bath scents, so it is ready when you return to your room - complete with some sweets and rose petals. We ate at most, though not all of the restaurants. Overall, the food quality was good, better than most all inclusive hotels I have been to. Be sure to make reservations, so you are assured the pick you want at the time you want. The same could be said for the drinks, which were plentiful and not watered down. So, what could be improved? First, the hot tub on the balcony was plugged into a wall socket near the floor, which shorted out when water was splashed onto it. Second, there was minimal entertainment - a Michael Jackson homage, a magician, a DJ in the bar. For me it wasn't a big deal, but for others looking for a bit of night life may need to head off property. I have been to several properties in Cancun (The Ritz, the JW Marriott, the Sun Palace, Royal Solaris) and this is by far the nicest.

Room Tip: Higher up with a beach view is a must.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us highlighted by the staff attentiveness. Our Resort s thought in a spa environment same reason night activities are quite reserved. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments, they will help us continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. Thank you for your preference and look forward to welcome you back once more in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

It was very difficult for us to write this review because we actually like this hotel and the people who worked there seem really genuine, so it is sad for us to write this “below expectations” review.

We intentionally booked all-inclusive at the Le Blanc to mark our honeymoon – as the reviews looked amazing! This hotel promised to maintain high standards in both facilities and service together with a promise to exceed all expectations. But we were disappointed by a number of things, we can list these as follows:

Food, Restaurants and Beverages
We love fine dining and Le Blanc promised this in abundance! But it was very sad for us to experience that at no time during our stay was world class cuisine presented. In all honesty we would personally rate the food quality as typical 4 star standard in comparison to many of the 5 star hotels which we have stayed. We fully understand that food quality is very subjective and differs from country to country, however we can list the following concerns which we would consider as failings:

1. Illness. Together we experienced four bouts of diarrhoea during our stay. We appreciate that this could be caused by typical travel bugs, however as we are both frequent travellers (and eat various food types) we do find this unlikely. We are in no way challenging the cleanliness of the kitchens (to the contrary as everything appeared very clean) however we would perhaps question the thoroughness of the cooking, especially with meat dishes.
2. Italian Restaurant. Perhaps this was the most inept of all the meal experiences during out stay. We felt the flavours did not at all reflect the true essence of Italian food, sorry.
3. International Restaurant - evening. Honestly the food was weak on all levels.
4. Oriental Restaurant. The better of the three main restaurants, but typically missing the ‘WOW’ flavour.
5. French Restaurant. Ok - but in our opinion not great. A great opportunity to introduce exiting flavour but felt quite pedestrian.
6. Level 3 pizza. By far the best experience…but rating a small pizza area with a limited menu as the best restaurant at Le Blanc?
7. There was a real anticipation for an exciting array of drinks and cocktails. Unfortunately may tasted like any other typical hotel cocktail offerings, again quite pedestrian rather than ‘special’
8. We did have room service three times during our stay (when we were ill) Again sorry to say that it was dry and tasteless.
9. Special credit should be given to Aqualino and Marco as they effectively saved our breakfast and lunch experiences. In fairness this was good food and did save us having to search outside of the hotel for meals.

Note: The hotel is quick to rebuff any accusation of ‘food hygiene issues’ and are eager to state that they conform to Mexican food standards directives. We reiterate that we do not challenge the cleanliness of the kitchens as we did not witness the state of these areas. All we state is that we got ill on four occasions, which is very unusual for us.

The promise of first class pampering was another attraction at Le Blanc, especially for our honeymoon. It was frustrating for us to experience a totally inconsistent level of service during our stay. Again we understand that service expectations are very subjective. But it is our opinion.

1. If this note is achieve anything PLEASE can you ensure that the lifeguard keeps to his duty. Whilst he is no doubt a good lifeguard we noticed his attention was frequently distracted from watching people in the sea! Anyone who knows Cancun will understand how dangerous the sea is there…
2. Associated with the above was the apparent lack of beach staff. On most days we set up our own sunbeds.
3. Some staff seem very inexperienced.
4. Another attraction to Le Blanc was the “dedicated butler” per floor from 7am – 11pm (We had Jonathon and Frank as the butlers and both were a real credit to the hotel) however the real problem is that they are rarely at their desks. Typically (we noticed anyway) that they were working on our floor from 8am-10am and 5pm-7pm. The rest of the time they were stationed at the main reception concierge desk. Effectively this ‘dedicated butler’ appears just slightly better than any normal reception concierge service, regardless of star rating.

Quality of Amenities
I can well imagine the upkeep of a hotel is a very challenging and onerous task but we still felt that there were several aspects of amenities that seems to fall into disrepair. This did effect our overall impression and enjoyment of the hotel, generally, and on many levels, devoid of heightened 5* detail. I can state 100’s of my observations of poor quality, but I do trust them when they say they are improving these failings. Time will tell (and future reviews!)

Entertainment
The Le Blanc try’s to be tranquil as a normal spa hotel (lots of whale music ect!) but also trendy, vibrant and stylish. It was apparent that much of the entertainment is so very subtle it is almost non-existent. In our opinion it was just a bit boring! (sorry we have to be honest!) We appreciate that this is a completely subjective comment! So possibly heaven for many?

Management
One thing that really annoyed us is when we did complain we often found the response was often rather shallow with generic ‘hotel responses’ (“your opinion helps us improve” “sorry, we will do better” ect ect) All said very nicely, of course.

Positives
We are certain that many members of staff found us challenging/moaners/divas ect for pointing problems out (perhaps not the “done thing” at Le Blanc!) but we are sure that many of our comments are valid and should cause concern. However, whilst we may appear as if we hated the Le Blanc in reality we didn’t! We can commend your hotel for the following:

1. Rooms were always cleaned immaculately
2. The room amenities are very good and are clearly 5* standard
3. Views (from our room anyway) was stunning
4. The rooms (whilst we were there anyway) were very quiet
5. The building interior appears well maintained
6. Check in/out was very efficient
7. The beach and gardens are well kept
8. Plenty of sunbed space
9. There are a number of little ‘unique’ things the Le Blanc does which is cute (things like the small squiggle in the cigarette sand for example) In our opinion it would be a good idea to try more?

Paul and Angela

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such special celebration as it was your Honeymoon .It is with great concern I read the inconveniences experienced during your stay at our Resort. Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible ensuring our guests with the most relaxing experience and I truly regret we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay. Our guests’ welfare is very important for us and our Chefs and staff members are always looking forward to accommodate any special requirements regarding food restrictions as we do take this matter with all the seriousness required, due to the fact that our guests’ health is our number one priority. I am truly sorry we could not prevent these discontents from happening and ensure you with the romantic getaway you were looking forward to have. I would really appreciate if you would give us the opportunity to amend these disappointments during your future stay and serve you with excellence and professionalism.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Le Blanc is the nicest hotel I've ever been to! From the minute you arrive to be greeted warmly with a cold face towel, followed by a glass of delicious coconut milk and a warm neck wrap. Our room was amazing, the bed was extremely comfortable. Our butlers, Jonathan and Frank, were extremely professional and were constantly willing to help and make sure everything was perfect. My boyfriend requested a dozen red roses, and Jonathan went out of his way, in his spare time, to purchase the flowers from a florist. The service from the staff at Le Blanc is impeccable. We were treated like royalty from each and every staff member that we encountered. They all seem so happy to help all the time, and nothing is ever a problem- if you want it, they make it their priority that you get it. The pools were amazing, with plenty of loungers available at all times. The beach looked like something out of a postcard- the sand is so white and the water is so turquoise and crystal clear. We loved getting cocktails in the swim up bar and relaxing in the infinity pool looking over the beach- such an amazing view! We went to all of the restaurants- the Oriental, the Italian, the International, The pizza place, and the French. Le Lumiere (the french one) was definitely our favorite, we went 3 times! The service here was exceptional, with Edgar being our waiter twice. The breakfast buffet in the international restaurant was amazing. Our waiter, Alfredo, was extremely professional, he would always insist on carrying our plates to the table for us, and even remembered our names! As well as the buffet, you could have any kind of eggs made fresh- such as scrambled eggs, french toast, omelets, fried egg, as well as delicious pancakes and waffles, which were cooked in front of you by the most wonderful female chef, Isabelle, who was extremely friendly and made delicious food! Something I will never forget is the amazing scent throughout the hotel, it was so fresh and clean at all times. The staff at the bar were extremely efficient and accommodating also, especially Guillermo, who made us delicious drinks, exactly to our tasting. We used all of our 800 credits on spa treatments, which were amazing! The spa itself was so tranquil and amazing, being light by candles only. "Eva" did my individual package of a body scrub, facial, and massage which was superb. Me and my boyfriend were so impressed with the hotel that we could not think of one flaw, or anything that the hotel lacked. It was simply perfect! We now understand why this hotel is voted the number 1 hotel in Cancun, and would highly recommend it to anyone who would like to a relaxing hotel in paradise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience at our Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. I am glad to know that from the moment of your arrival and throughout your stay our staff members did everything in their hands to make of your holidays a memorable experience. Especially Jonatan and Frank by taking care of your everyday needs, Edgar and Alfredo at our restaurants, Isabel with her wonderful smile and delicious omelets as well as Guillermo and Eva. Please be sure they all will be recognized for the incredible service provided during your stay. I look forward to welcome you once more to our Resort and provide you another memorable experience.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Can't fault this place. Amazing room, food, drinks, staff, service And location. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. You can sometimes hear noise from the pool at the hotel next door but only if you are sitting at the far left of the pool area but that's me really searching for a fault. It's not even LeBLancs issue and is really nothing to worry about though as there was no shortage of beds anywhere so you can just avoid that area! The perfect place for couples and a relaxing holiday. We stayed for 10 nights and didn't want to leave :(. The spa is breathtaking and peaceful. I would absolutely recommend this place especially if you are looking to totally be spoilt and chill out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your holidays in Cancun. It is a pleasure to know due to your review how much you enjoyed your stay at our Resort, especially our spa facilities. I hope to welcome you back in the near future to your now home away from home for another relaxing and pampering experience.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!