“best hotel and vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Montreal
“best hotel and vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

just got back from spa le blanc in cancun this is the best resort i have ever stayed at its more then a five star its a five diamond the food was absolutely fantastic, beautiful relaxing resort the staff was great the waiters for so efficiant especially Aramis at breakfast and lunch. i highly recommend this resort nothing negative about this place its a 10 and more...

Room Tip: relaxing resort super clean fantstic food and service you dont need to reserve any chairs the waiter...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays in Cancun. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your stay at our Resort highlighted by our staff’s attentiveness, especially Aramis’, who will be recognized for his outstanding service. I look forward to welcome you back once more and provide you another memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Le blanc. Resort is the best vacation I have ever taken .. Being a travel agent I am very picky but I can tell you the restaurants are 5 star plus the service was wonderful top notch .. Our butler MARIO on 2nd floor the best butler ever !!!! We miss him already !,, I highly recommend this property and by all means. ..splurge for Governors suite is worth every penny treat yourself to decadence !!, I miss le blanc already and plan to return many more vacations.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Governors suite bur t really there is not a bad room in the house
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible ensuring our guests with the most relaxing experience and it is a pleasure to know staff members like Mario continue to accomplish this goal day by day. Please be sure he will be recognized for the incredible service provided during your stay. I look forward to your soon return and provide you another memorable experience.
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the resort in late July 2014 as a couple. I chose this resort as a result of reading the reviews here. I was not disappointed. I'd recommend this resort for a honeymoon or romantic/relaxing break to anybody. You would really need to nitpick to find something amiss in this fabulous resort where you feel valued and pampered constantly.
The staff are its stars. They are cheerful and appear to love their jobs. They just want to ensure you have the best holiday ever. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Everything is 'my pleasure' I can now understand the litanies of staff mentioned in these reviews. I'm not going to add another litany so you can be sure that the people I mention stood out from all the wonderful staff we encountered: Armando on the terrace at breakfast started us in good mood for the day - he was cheerful and attentive without being in our face. Isabelle who makes the omelettes every morning would cheer you with her smile alone and those omelettes were something else. Linda and Lucinda at the pool in blue uniforms had their jobs down to a fine art - towels, umbrella adjustment and ice with a bright smile and chat daily. Our butlers, Carlos and Luis were great - loved the Jacuzzis and nothing was too much trouble. The lady who cleaned our room - didn't get her name did a thorough job daily and even tidied and laid out my cosmetics. Dulci at the lobby bar was lovely and friendly with time to chat to us and Giermo (sorry for spelling) the smaller barman in the lobby bar at night made the best cocktails I had all holiday - the best caipirinha since our trip to Brazil a few years back! He is training to be a sommelier - I wonder could he combine both skills!
We requested a room on a higher floor and we were delighted to get it, with an ocean view - well worth it.
The food was good quality and healthy and vary varied. I'm glad to say I never had one chip on my holiday! Desserts were to die for. The facility to cook what you select at lunch was great.
The spa was the nicest design of a spa area I've ever seen. i had the all-day treatment at the spa and it was a real treat. Martha did my body scrub and massage - she was so good with my sunburn on upper back - she put Aloe Vera on it a few times during the treatment. The manicure and pedicure had a mini scrub included which was slightly duplicating Martha's work and was unnecessary (something different would be preferable). Lovely experience though.
Chef's dinner was a disappointment - I'm not complaining but it didn't meet what I expected. Mexican food to be cooked and eaten would be much better. The fillet steak was extravagant but I know how to cook a steak! The steaks came out blue - we were expecting medium. I apologise for holding up service when I sent mine back to be cooked a little more but I love steak but it was way too bloody for me.
We had wonderful meals in the International, Italian and the Asian Restaurants. I was underwhelmed by Lumiere. It was the only place where we weren't completely spoilt by the staff and when we asked for Rose wine - the White Zinfandel (a really lovely wine), I was a little take aback when he poured from an already open bottle. I thought, hey, they need to finish the bottle (not a panic) but then it happened twice more i.e. he served us from two more unfinished bottles. I really felt we must have done something wrong - not to have a fresh bottle opened for us - or at least serve this stuff in a nice carafe!
We had the romantic meal on the beach - it was fabulous - sound of the surf beside us with a lovely selection of good wines to accompany the courses and the food was delicious and hot!
Entertainment wasn't our thing and we didn't go to any of the shows.
We enjoyed chatting to other guests at the pool bar and meeting them around the place afterwards. We weren't tormented by the Timeshare salespeople once we declined their offer. Well done Le Blanc - you delivered a lovely relaxing, stressfree holiday for us and we came home to reality revitalised and ready for work again. Good Job!

Room Tip: Ocean view on high up floor - well worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
First and foremost thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays in Cancun. It is a pleasure to know our staff members continue to meet our guests’ expectations with their outstanding service. Allow me to let you know Armando, Isabel, Linda, Lucinda, Carlos, Luis, Dulce, Guillermo and Martha will be recognized for this. Thank you for your comments on regard our chef’s dinner, comments like yours help us to continue to improve and provide a better service to all of our guests. I look forward to welcome you back for another pampering and relaxing holiday.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a week-long stay at Le Blanc and it was absolutely fantastic! To put things in perspective, we've stayed at several Excellence, Iberostar Grand, and Secrets resorts so we have a good frame of reference. We have great things to say about all of them, but Le Blanc has nudged its way to the top of our "favorites list". :) My review is a combination of opinions and also bits of information I think you'll find helpful and/or interesting. A lot of it addresses topics I haven't seen in other reviews.

Transportation: We used USATransfers for a private transfer from the airport. They were competitive in price, but more importantly they were punctual and professional. We've used Cancun Transfers a few times, but they never showed up the last time (extremely stressful!) so we won't be using them again.

Check-in: went smoothly and we received ZERO pressure about excursions, time shares, or spa treatments.

Rooms: The rooms are beautiful, albeit a little smaller than other resorts where we've stayed. We were initially worried that we'd really miss having a full balcony, but it really didn't present an issue for us. The jacuzzi is the biggest we've had. We were surprised to find that there weren't his/her vanities in the bathroom, so you'll have to share...not a big deal. The shower is really big and very nice. The bed was very comfortable, but one note- there's no flat sheet, only a fitted sheet and the duvet. I had a little trouble getting comfortable because I'm typically too warm for a heavy comforter but too cool to go without a top sheet. Not a big deal, just different.

Pool: The pool chaise cushions are THE most comfortable of any place we've stayed!! We all know how important is it to be on a comfortable chair all day. Really thick and with pillows. I'm thrilled to report that there were NO "chair games"!! Possibly as a result of low- occupancy, but it was awesome to not have to worry about people taking all the chairs before 7am. The staff actually goes around and covers EVERY chair at night so they don't get wet from condensation. The water can get warm (hey, it's Mexico in July), but they actually make these giant ice cubes in trash barrels and dump them in the water to cool it down. There are some inflated pool/beach floats over by the towel counter. Some people bring their own music, which I think is a little inconsiderate because I certainly don't want to hear your Best of Weird Al play list. In any case, the service is INSANE and we had everything we could possibly have wanted, often before we even asked. And, Laura is AWESOME. It would be impossible for her to work harder. She remembered us by name after the first introduction, and couldn't have been more accommodating. I mistakenly asked her for a drink one day-not her job!- and if I hadn't run after to stop her, she would've gotten it with a smile on her face. Can't say enough about Laura!

Beach: nicest beach we've seen. In case you didn't know, beach/pool umbrellas don't provide 100% protection from the sun, so don't forget your sunscreen even when you're under one. Again, the service was fantastic.

Gym: nicest, cleanest, biggest we've seen at a resort

Entertainment: it was ok. We only went twice, saw a good band, but the magician was "eh".

Food: we're not "foodies" but we've been to some of the best restaurants in the country. These are not of that caliber, BUT it was the best food we've ever had at an all-inclusive. Have realistic expectations.

I didn't get a single mosquito bite, and I usually get tons.

I STRONGLY believe that there should be smoking and non-smoking floors and sections at the pool and beach. It wouldn't be so bad if people tried to be considerate, but since so many are not, it would be great to have separate areas for smokers and non-smokers.

Some might disagree, but I do have an issue with people getting free upgrades from other resorts...it simply isn't fair that we paid full price to be here and others did not.

The resort credit system is clearly confusing and often ineffective. I say just price it all out properly and take the credits away. And "meat upgrades" just seem weird to me...why not just make ALL cuts of meat the best quality?

I think it would be a great idea for the responding manager to TA reviews to take a moment to address the more specific questions/concerns in conjunction with expressing his gratitude for a person's review.

TIPPING: Look, just do it. I know it's "included" but look around you and see how hard these people are working. We tip EVERYONE, ALL the time and we do it because it feels great and it's SO appreciated. I want to point out that we didn't receive (nor did we want or expect to) special treatment for doing so. EVERYONE gets the same, awesome service!!! I suggest- if you do choose to tip- that you do it all along because you never know if you'll miss someone on their day off before you leave, and sometimes you might get a different housekeeper/minibar/etc. So, just do it. They deserve it and you'll feel great for doing it. :)

Lastly, if you decide to write a review and if someone stood out to you, be SURE to mention their name specifically. They get recognized for it and- if I understand correctly- there is some sort of point system where they can actually earn the opportunity to stay at one of the properties!! We all like to feel appreciated and it's an easy thing to do. With that in mind, we again want to especially thank Laura at the pool, Guillermo at the lobby bar (charming and smart and informative-loved him!), Lucinda (she literally runs from one place to the next, and she's so smiley!), Fermin (very nice, always smiling-lobby bar), Jacinto (another hard worker, really good-3rd floor breakfast service), and Antonio at the Asian restaurant (couldn't be nicer!). Every person we met remembered our names and made us feel special, and we will DEFINITELY be back. Thank you, thank you all!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays once more. It is always a pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. Our staff members are our biggest asset due to it is thank you to them we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. Allow me to let you know Leslie, Lucinda, Guillermo, and Paola will be recognized for the incredible service provide during your stay. I look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home and continue to create memories together.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

If you are looking for the vacation of a lifetime where you will be spoiled, pampered and treated better than you can ever imagine this is your spot! My wife and I have been to Le Blanc numerous times and the experience never disappoints! The location is amazing, ambience is relaxing and the staff is first class you couldn't ask for a better, more professional set of people to spend your vacation with. This isn't a busy hotel with a lot of action near the pool if that is your thing Le Blanc may not be for you. What you will get is a romantic environment with first class ammenities. We made friends here and become close enough that we actually met the same friends at Le Blanc the next year, if not for that alone I would hold this place in high regard but it is what we look forward to ALL YEAR!

Leslie the Public Relations Mgr. is the best, she works so hard to make you happy and her willigness to work with us pays dividends as we have sent several people to Le Blanc. Guillermo the bartender is amazing, he not only serves great drinks but he is professional and if you get a chance to talk to him you won't regret it, he is interesting, intelligent and genuine. Lucinda by the pool is wonderful, she will get you what you need always with a smile on her face. Our butler on the 7th floor even went to the store to buy my wife a float because she left hers!! We do our vow renewal annually and we even request the same pastor every year and without fail he comes! Paola who handles the wedding package is special makes your day feel so important!

Now if you are doing tours XiXiMilco was outstanding we highly recommend it, very romantic our tour guide Yair was fantastic truly worked to make our experience special, if you go ask for him! We went to Tulum, I would pass on it, you stop at a roadside shop and the they were a bit rude, I was acutaly taking pictures and one of the gentlemen there made a comment about taking pictures versus buying, you will be extremely hot and after all is said and done you will only be at the ruins for about an hour and a half but you will be gone from 7:30 AM to after 3PM with travel. Our tour guide Avino was very knowledable but clearly there to make money for everyone we crossed paths with so he can get a kickback down to the $10 small bottle of bug spray they told us we REALLY needed. I wouldn't recommend this tour.

This resort is beautiful stunning and one of the best in the world tremendous value for the price, go and enjoy!!

Room Tip: If you get the option to get a room with partial ocean view and garden view it is just as nice if no...
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

CONS: no poolside activities: no music/no bingo/no water aerobics/ no pool volleyball. I love these activities on vacations so this was a major disappointment for me. If you love these, this is not the hotel for you.
CONS: elevated menu selections with fewer options, which depending on your taste preference you may or may not prefer. I'm a pretty simple eater, so I'd have preferred some more average food choices. The food was no better in selection or taste than much less expensive all-inclusives

PROS: beautiful hotel, great jacuzzi tub, the service is excellent. I've had very good service at all of my all-inclusives, so I can't say the service is that much better for the price, but the staff is excellent and the butlers are amazing What you are paying for is the service and the fancy little perks.
PRO: resort credits are great. You basically pay $16 of every $100 dollars you use in credit, we got incredible massages and only paid the taxes...
PRO: the spa is a beautiful and tranquil place of pure happiness. (high prices, but can use some resort credit)

Room Tip: The lagoon is very pretty, but I'd have been disappointed if I had that view. The beachfront vi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of sharing your recent experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort with Trip Advisor Readers. Our guests’ comments and opinions are very important for us as they allow us to continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our resort facilities specially our spa. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards.
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I just returned from 4 days at Le Blanc. We were greeted at check in with cool coconut milk and offered warm neck pillows. After getting our room assignment we were then brought over to someone who explained the resort credits. After a brief explanation, we were then sent off to our room and waited approximately 10 minutes for the luggage to arrive. The room was my least favorite part of the resort. We stayed in room 329. It was a room with a lagoon view.The view was of some trees with the lagoon in the distance. If the view is important to you, I would advise booking an ocean view room. I knew in advance that the room didn't have a balcony and I have to say that I really missed having one. My husband and I usually enjoy spending time on the balcony before and after dinner. We both felt that the room was worn. It just didn't seem super clean and the closets and mini fridge had a sticky film on them. I was suprised about the bathroom layout. A large tub separates the bedroom from the bathroom. The toilet is behind a frosted door and the shower is beyond that. There really isn't much privacy. This was something that we got used to but didn't care for.
As far as the food, we enjoyed it all. For breakfast we ate omlets daily with assorted juices and fresh fruit. For lunch, we enjoyed the fresh seafood prepared on the grill. We enjoyed dinners at the Italian and Japanese restaurants. We didn't have a bad meal once and were plesently suprised at the overall high quality of the food.
We spent all of our time at the beach. The beach is beautiful. You can walk for miles, checking out the other resorts. The beach in front of Le Blanc was definitley not as crowded as some of the other hotels. You can go to the beach at any point in the day and someone will set up chairs and an umbrella for you. The drink service at the beach was fantastic.
We didn't spend any time at the pool area. I didn't find it appealing. The chairs are really close together. I thought it was so odd, just didn't keep with the romantic couples vibe of the place.
All of the staff we encountered were great. Everyone was very helpful and professional.
The issues with the room are really minor and didn't put a damper on our trip.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an adults-only, relaxing and quiet vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays and taking the time of writing such detailed review. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our quality food and beverage highlighted by our staff members’ attentiveness. Thank you for extending your recommendation not only to friends and family but with Trip Advisor Readers as well. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future for another incredible experience.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!