“Cancun's Most Romantic All-Inclusive Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Dallas, TX
“Cancun's Most Romantic All-Inclusive Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Le Blanc from June 27-30th, 2008 for our 10 year anniversary- and let me just say " IT WAS THE MOST ROMANTIC AND LUXURIOUS HOTEL IN ALL OF CANCUN!!!!' Everything about this resort is true- the service is PHENOMENAL!!!!! Have you ever eaten at a hotel restaurant where the waiter actually runs across the room to pull out the chair for you so you can go to the bathroom??? And then ran back again when I returned? CRAZY STUFF LIKE THAT IS WHAT MAKES LE BLANC TRULY UNIQUE!!!

The entire time we were there, everyone we met could not stop talking about the amazing service and wonderful attitudes of the staff. They are truly happy to have you as their guest and do everything they possibly can to make your stay enjoyable.

The restaurants are all AMAZING with some of the best food I have ever eaten in my whole life!!! My husband almost cried tears of joy his steak was so juicy and delicious! (dinner @ the BlancInternational) and I loved every bite of my Shrimp and Chicken Teriyaki (@ the BlancOrintal). We have never had such amazing food with such a beautiful presentation in such a beautiful atmosphere. We were so spoiled in our five days at Le Blanc we actually had "Post Traumatic Vacation Disorder" - when you come back home to a stressful job and three kids at home after being in such a BEAUTIFUL SETTING!!

There is not enough room to thank all of the people who served us well, but here goes:
Luis: Our butler on the Fifth Floor. We actually both hugged him and thanked him (and of course tipped him!) upon leaving our last day. He deserves a raise!!
The pool waitresses: Karen, Mary Carmen, and Denise: Who served us and pampered us all day long with drinks and lunch by the pool and called us "Mr. and Mrs____" all day, every day of our stay. These ladies are priceless!
The waiters at ALL of the restaurants who called us by our name, and took such great care of us at every meal- you were all so sweet and we wished we would have tipped you all more because you deserve it!!
The pool bar bartenders and the 3rd floor lounge bartenders- bless you for serving up delicious drinks all day long to crazy drunk people!!!!!

ALL IN ALL-YOU HAVE GOT TO STAY HERE-OR I'M TELLING YOU, YOU WILL BE MISSING OUT ON THE BEST SERVICE IN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HOTEL IN ALL OF CANCUN!!!! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING AT ONE OF THOSE OTHER CANCUN HOTELS!!! I MEAN IT!!!

• Liked — The service, the yummy food, the beautiful beach, the clean rooms
  • Disliked — Are you crazy?? NOTHING!
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

We spent the first leg of our honeymoon at Le Blanc and it was so worth the extra money! The hotel has a very zen feeling (and scent!) to it, and you immediately begin to unravel. The hotel is very modern and feels very chic. I would recommend this hotel to more sophisticated travelers, as some people might not feel comfortable in this atmosphere. The service was absolutely amazing. We went to the Sun Palace for the second leg of our trip, and it severely suffered from comparison!

We upgraded to the honeymoon suite to get the ocean view and it was WELL worth it. The view was amazing, and the lagoon side had a putred smell to it and looked out at a busy road. The bed was among the best I've every found, and the rooms were tastefully decorated, but a little bit cramped. The double shower head was great, as was the jacuzzi next to the sliding doors. (no balconies here!) The liquor selection and snack trays were great!

The pool was the absolute best part of the hotel. The infinity edge was awesome to stand against looking out at the waves, and the pool bar was very well stocked.

The food was above average for an all-inclusive. The mexican food at the buffets and snack bars were good, as was the dinner in Blanc Intl. We loved the italian restaurant, and the oriental was just ok. We had miso, average sushi and tempura the first night there, and the second night we went the thai route. The pad thai was soba noodles with a tomato sauce and random vegetables, yuck! The curry also suffered. While most of the food was overall fairly good, you are in Mexico, and they cook a little different. When the food was bad, it was awful.

The nightlife was very hokey and barely anyone is out after 10pm, but it is in walking distance to the main bars if you are looking for that. We were there to relax and tired from drinking and being in the sun all day.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for rest and relaxation!

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Food was above average and no night life
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

I went to Le Blanc for our honeymoon, and all I can say is that it was simply the BEST !
Best service, Best rooms, Best Food, Best Spa, Best of the best.

They offered a special honeymooner's dinner at the beach. With filet mignon and lobster. It was awesome..

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

The service is boarding on absurd, they will not say No to anything. Each floor has a personal butler that will pack and unpack your bags, book excursions or spa treatments. The food at all 3 restaurants were top notch with a huge wine list to choose from. Oriental was superior to all 3 if I needed to narrow it down.The grounds and rooms are clean, luxurious, and well maintained.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

This is very late but I thought I should still give a rave about our fantastic trip to Le Blanc last November. We've stayed at a number of all inclusives and always choose a 5 star (Caribbean Standard for All-inclusive).

Service --Of the places we've stayed I have to give Le Blanc hands down 1st place for Service. I have never had so many people seem genuinely pleased to help me in any way. Every request is greeted with a warm "It's a pleasure" and they actually seem to mean it. Best, most well-informed, friendly staff we have ever encountered.

Butler Service -- Available on each floor. Sometimes he was at his desk, others times no, but he was always available by phone and delivered any request promptly and with a smile. I expect when he wasn't at his desk, he was busy delivering special pillows, mini-bar requests, etc. to the other guests on his floor.

Rooms -- Lovely rooms. A bit smaller than some of the other resorts we've stayed at but we had plenty of room, a comfortable bed, a great shower and amazing views from our ocean view suite. I wish they had larger balconies to enjoy, but the European balcony would not deter me from staying here again or recommending this place to friends and family.

Pools -- The infinity pool was beautiful. You really did feel like you were about to swim out into the ocean. Great Views and great swim up bar service. The activities staff greeted us each morning as we walked down to the pool to suggest the best available chairs and set out plenty of towels for us including extra ones to use as head and/or leg pillows. And each time we exited the pool and used our towels, they were replaced with fresh dry ones immediately without request.

Food -- We didn't have a bad meal. We enjoyed all of the restaurants. For all inclusives, it was well above par. Don't expect New York or Chicago 5 star restaurant quality chefs, but the food was fresh, well prepared and quite tasty.

Beach -- The water was beautiful. The beach was a bit narrow, but it was much wider in front of Le Blanc than any other hotel in the area. We walked down the beach to the south and many places had no beach at all. The beach in front of Le Blanc even though narrow was never crowded.

Activities -- They had such a great activities staff. We took the towel art class and the cooking class (ceviche and guacamole). They were great b/c the staff teaching them were great. And these were not big group classes available only at a certain time. We asked about taking a class one afternoon when it started to rain and the response was "What time would you like to start?" The same is true for the gym. We took a Pilates Reformer class and a stretching class. Both were arranged at our convenience and were private lessons. These type of indvidualized inclusions and amazing service is what sets Le Blanc apart from other resorts.

Spa --We went 4 out of our 5 days. Fantastic treatments and a great hydrotherapy room for use before or after your service. We try the spa at every resort we go to and frequent the spas at home as well and I would rank their services and facilities as some of the very best I've experienced.

Location -- We usually stay a little farther away from the action, but I had really wanted to try Le Blanc after reading so many great reviews. It's close enough to the action that we walked down to where all the bars/clubs are every night. We're not really partyers, but it was fun to people watch and then retreat to our luxury resort. We did try the European Bungee which was a blast. It's not one of those spread out tropical resorts. It's a Cancun high rise with beautiful, clean, modern appointments.

In conclusion, if you want to stay close to the action, but in a quiet, romantic luxury resort where you will be treated like royalty -Le Blanc is the place for you.

• Liked — The service and excellent staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

As a little background, we are frequent cruisers and enjoy the service and attention we get aboard ship. However, as a surprise for my wife to celebrate our 20th anniversary, I decided to book a land resort. Based on the reviews here on TA combined with the "Adults Only" status of Le Blanc, I booked 4 nights through the July 4th week-end.

We had a 3 hour flight down on Delta from Atlanta on Wednesday. Uneventful even arrived a little early. Made it through customs with realitive ease. One note here - there were 4 long lines through customs after you pick up your bags. We did not see any directional signs saying USA citizens use this line, so we hopped in one and waited. Roughly 15 minutes to the front of the line. The people ahead of us were having their bags x-rayed. When we got to the front, the officer asked us where our flight originated and we said Atlanta. Upon hearing that, he directed us around the x-ray machine and on ahead to the guy who stamps your tourist card. Maybe there is a separate line for US folks, but we didn't see it.

After exiting customs, we "ran the gauntlet" past the time share people and exited the building. I had transport set up with USA transfers. Great guys, were standing just outside the terminal right where their email said they would be. Off to the resort we go.

Upon arrival, the driver checks in with the security guard who opens the gate. At the top of the drive is Le Blanc. The exterior is a simple elegant design. The bellboy greeted us as we exited the van - by name I might add - and handed us a chilled towel that was scented with an awesome smell that I never figured out what it was. If I could buy the stuff in a spray bottle - I would. The same guy will offer you a cold bottle of water when you exit the front door to go shopping and meets you upon return with - you guessed it - a chilled scented towel. Entering the lobby, you find not the typical hotel lobby with a front desk, but a large elegant room with a series of desks along one side of the room. Each desk is a separate check in station. A young man stood and greeted us by name and welcomed us to Le Blanc. A glass of chilled coconut milk was given to us as well. Check in goes fast and our Butler Joel led us to our room on the 3rd floor.

Joel gave us a tour of our room, briefed us on the services he can provide, and suggested we have something to eat. Joel was great!

We ate breakfast each day at BlanInternational (which doubles as a buffet for breakfast). We had dinner at each resturant and enjoyed the meal each time, thinking surely tomorrow would not be this good, only to find that yes it would be. Be careful about ordering appetizers - because as soon as the waiter walks away, the servers start bringing appetizers "house specialties" regardless if you order another. The first night we would up with way too much food. After that we looked forward to that night's special starter. Lunch each day was at the Terrace on the 3rd level. Partially because it was next to the pool we frequented and partially because the nachos were great.

All 3 pools are nice. The main pool is large and has a swim up bar. However, we preferred the smaller pool up on the 3rd level. It was like only us and one other couple even knew it existed. The upper pool always had a great breeze compared to little breeze at the main pool. The minute we sat down, a server came up and asked what we wanted to drink and then brought it in a bucket of ice to keep it cold.

The attitude of all of the workers was excellent. Everyone greeted us and seemed really glad we were there even as we were leaving. On our last day, as someone learned we were going home, each one asked if we enjoyed our stay and when would be coming back.

We are not sure when - but we will be back.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I just returned from vacationing at Le Blanc with my daughter and a friend of hers. I had an amazing experience! The staff at the resort were warm and friendly. They made certain that our every wish was granted. The Spa is an absolute must. This is the best getaway for pure relaxation and if your looking for action, Le Blanc has some of that as well with live entertainment daily. Le Blanc's D.J. is good, he plays mixed music to accomodate everyone. Once you stay at Le Blanc, you won't want to stay anywhere else in cancun. We Will definitly be back, at least I know I will be back.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!