“Home again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Best Rate Guarantee
Ranked #1 of 174 hotels in Cancun
New York
“Home again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I love this place -- it's just wonderful. A few things changed this time around that were a bit disappointing thus the reduction from previous reviews:

1) Gone is the Barefoot wine as a simple and reliable house wine. This approach just seemed to drive me and the rest of your guests to consume more expensive top shelf cocktails at the bar prior to and during dinner. OK by me but I think a poor business decision on your part.

2) Dealing with the spa this year was a nightmare. More than one of the services my wife received was unacceptable. Accordingly, she decided to cancel some of the other services we had scheduled -- amongst those a pedicure for her and a manicure and pedicure for me. We had been told when we scheduled our spa services after checking in that we would be able to cancel anything we scheduled simply by notifying the spa 24 hours in advance -- this seemed reasonable. My wife requested that they cancel her pedicure on Monday. On Tuesday when I checked it was still scheduled and I requested again that it be cancelled. On Wednesday I checked again -- still there -- and requested it be cancelled again prior to my wife showing up to the spa for other services. When I asked to see the bill afterwards nobody wanted to show me the bill and it was a nightmare to get anybody to help me, and, not surprsingly, there on the bill was the pedicure that my wife never had and had cancelled numerous times. I had to wait to speak with somebody about this, and then needed to wait for that person to have her manager approve removing a service my wife never had and had cancelled repeared from the bill. Huh? Very clear -- nobody there cares.

Beyond this my wife was not happy with her massage. The spa staff provided her a comment card and she told them as much by choosing "regular" on the card. When I later left the spa the spa representative told me my wife wasn't thrilled with her massage and showed me her card, and informed me that my wife, after speaking with them, my wife had changed her mind and changed her comments to "very good" or whatever the middle rating was as "regular" is the worst rating they have. In examining the card very clearly "regular" had been crossed out with the higher rating selected. In discussing this with my wife she informed me that she never changed anything on the card. The staff had simply decided to change the comment card. I was already annoyed -- this topped it off. I'll come back again to LeBlanc but it is unlikely I will ever step foot in the spa again. My sneaking suspicion is the staff there have given up as so many people are just going there to burn their resort credits. We weren't using resort credits. When I'm paying $44 for a pedicure or $240 for a massage I should be freaking thrilled -- not screaming at people. Not how I want to behave or be treated on vacation. So the spa -- stay away. You changing her rating is what has resulted in me changing my rating. You moved her rating up. I'm moving your rating down.

Perhaps a $1500 resort credit isn't such a good idea if it means the staff isn't going to treat the services as if people are actually paying that kind of money for the services.

All that being said, the staff outside the spa is simply amazing. As in the past staff remembered us and treated us extarordinarily well. Mario -- thanks for taking care of us again this year at breakfast and that one day poolside. Aldo from the French Restaurant -- you are amazing. I forget the name of the gentleman who took care of us at the upstairs pool for several days on end -- you were beyond great -- you made the entire trip. Not giving me grief about having my toenails painted flourescent orange is beyond what I think coud have been expected of anyone. If you were making fun of me thanks for doing it privately and just being super cool about it. Manuel (Emanuel?) from the Italian restaurant -- how you remembered we were from NY is shocking to me. Lucinda, Jeanette, Raul behind the bar and everyone else who took care of us poolside and remembered us from years past -- thank you. To the bellman (I've forgotten your name as well -- apologies) thanks for having cold towels waiting as we returned from our daily run! It is for all of you that we will continue to make LeBlanc our home base in Cancun for many years to come.

Room Tip: Lagoon side rooms are surprisingly nice and quiet and the view is spectacular at night. This was ou...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Receive my kindest greetings from Cancun,

First of all, allow me to thank you for sharing with us the experience lived at Le Blanc Spa Resort. In the name of all our team, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences encountered at your recent stay with us, such as the poor selection of all inclusive wines, and the uncomfortable and unacceptable experience lived at our spa facilities. Allow me to let you know that immediate actions have been taken together with our Spa Manager, to guarantee that all our guests will receive a relaxing and amazing experience at our spa facilities. We will make sure that all our spa members are properly qualified to provide a quality service and prevent future discontents regarding this matter. It is so comforting to know that despite the incidents lived, you were able to enjoy your overall vacation, due to the excellent service provided by Mario every morning; Aldo at Lumiere our French restaurant; Manuel who remember you from previous visits; Lucinda, Jeanette and Raul our poolside attendants; and all the staff members who made of your third stay another memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity welcome you again and present you the improvements made due to your valuable feedback

3,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

What an amazing holiday!!! We chose the Le Blanc after our son and daughter in law raved about it when they went there on their honeymoon. It lived up to every expectation and more! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the treatment we received from all areas was just first class. We upgraded to the royal honeymoon suite for an ocean view and this was well worth it. I emailed the hotel beforehand asking for several requests regarding our room and all my requests were granted.
What can I say about the staff? They were simply brilliant without exception and worked incredibly hard to make our holiday so brilliant and always had a smile on their faces. We would like to give a special mention to our butlers Joel and Antonio who couldn't do more for us if they tried. Nothing was too much trouble for them and every night we returned to our room to the gorgeous smell of aromatherapy that our butler had done for us.
Also a special mention to Laura, Javier and Lucy at the main pool. They worked tirelessly all day to ensure we had everything we needed and also spent time chatting with us as if we were old friends. They worked so hard all the time.
There are many more we could mention, the management at Le Blanc should be extremely proud of all their staff as they are a main reason why we would return there again.
We have no negative comments to make but would just make an observation and that is that although all restaurants are magnificent it would be nice to have a buffet one in the evening so that occasionally you could choose your own food in your own time.
Finally, if you get a chance to go then go!!! You will not regret it.
So thanks to all management and staff at Le Blanc for making our holiday the best ever. It,s a really long flight for us but we'll worth it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
On behalf of Le Blanc Spa Resort I would like to thank you for this encouraging review. I am happy to know that you received an amazing service even after your arrival, and that our team was able to fulfill your expectations according your preferences and needs. I will specially recognize those members that due to their exceptional work, made of your stay a wonderful journey, such as your butlers Joel and Antonio for their attentiveness and special attention to details; Laura, Javier and Lucy our pool staff, who work tirelessly everyday. Our team is the key that gives us the tools to provide our guests a unique and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your suggestion regarding a dinner buffet, all comments are taking in consideration to improve and be better everyday. We will all be more than happy to have you as our guests one more time in a near future.
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Le Blanc for our 23rd anniversary. It was our first trip to Cancun and our first stay - but not our last - at Le Blanc. The resort is not only visually beautiful, but the staff is incredible - warm, gracious, friendly, professional and always willing to go the extra mile. Any resort - and there are many - in Cancun can have beautiful rooms. What sets Le Blanc apart is the staff - from the front desk, to your room butler to the pool concierge to the wait staff to the bartenders - they are a delight. Le Blanc is an adults only, all-inclusive resort with an amazing spa that you should not miss. It has 3 pools - an infinity pool overlooking the beach, the lagoon pool which is quieter and less populated and the 3rd floor terrace pool that is near the cafe'/pizzeria. There are 4 restaurants plus the Terrace Cafe' - Asian, Italian, International and French. Only the French restaurant requires reservations because it is the smallest of the 4. We never had to wait to be seated, even when the restaurant choice of the evening was busy. We chose a lagoon view room this time because we didn't want to wake with the sunrise - but the blackout drapes would be fine for either lagoon or ocean view. Our daytime butler, Israel, unpacked our clothes while we went out to the pool - a nice luxury! When it was time to go home, Israel beautifully re-packed our luggage for the return trip. Our evening butler, Jesus, surprised us on our anniversary with a filled, warm Jacuzzi surrounded by rose petals, champagne chilling, truffles and a gorgeous flower arrangement! He hadn't even given us a hint that he had planned this for us - we were touched and delighted - and enjoyed it all! I joked with my husband that we'd have to stay on since we were forgetting how to do things for ourselves! In spite of all liquor - premium brand hard liquor, wine and beer - being included in the cost (you never pay for anything), we never saw anyone intoxicated or unruly. A resort for real grownups! Don't miss any opportunity to stay at Le Blanc - it will be a treat you'll remember for a long time!

Room Tip: You'd be hard pressed to choose a "bad" room - but ours was on a higher floor and we l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of such important celebration as your 23rd anniversary. It is good to know that we were your first choice in Cancun, and that we did not disappoint you. It is a pleasure to read that your enjoyed the unpacking service provided by your butler Israel, and that Jesus surprised you with a special set up at your room for you anniversary celebration. Allow me to assure you that they will receive your greetings and will be congratulated for the outstanding service provide during your stay. We will be waiting for your return to provide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

You can't go wrong with Le Blanc! My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for a long weekend get-away, and were extremely pleased the entire time. The only comments I have (not complaints!) are, 1- stay in an ocean view room above the 2nd floor (we had a view of the backside of the outdoor grill), and 2- be prepared for somewhat slower service by the pool and beach. We were not in any hurry, so the slower service didn't bother us, but if you're an impatient type, just make sure to get a server's attention right away.
Otherwise, nothing but luxury, great service, exemplary staff, and beautiful surroundings! We would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I truly appreciate the kind words written in this review. It is so rewarding to know that your recent stay was full of luxury and great service. Thank you for bringing to my attention the areas of opportunity encountered during your recent stay, due to the slow service perceived at our pool areas. We will be waiting for your return and the opportunity to present the improvements made due to your valuable comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Everything was outstanding! Truly first class service and amazing! We can't wait to return!!! The attention to every detail of our experience made this the best vacation we've ever been on!! You won't regret staying at le blanc!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such flattering comments regarding the outstanding vacation spent at Le Blanc Spa Resort. I am glad to see that our staff’s attention to detail made of your recent visit a unique and memorable experience. We hope to welcome you soon!!
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We recently returned from our third trip to Le Blanc as an RCI exchange. We went in with high expectations from our 2011 and 2012 visits and were for the most part quite satisfied.

First, the disappointments. Usually, Palace is great about getting the "paperwork" for checkin and airport transportation to us. Not this time. We paid all all inclusive fee a month or so before check in and got nothing. Two weeks prior to checkin I called and after a little runaround was told it would be sent by email again. Two days later I still did not have the paperwork. I called again and finally received it.

Airport transportation was through a transportation service (top Palace members get private Suburban service but not RCI exchange folks). It was a circus at the airport and we had to wait for a longer time than we were comfortable with. Finally, got a van that we shared with some Sun Palace guests. Wheels down on the plane until arrival at the resort about 2 hours with 45 minutes of that related to getting through customs---long lines. Return van was 15 minutes late and we were the first pick up. Got us there in time but a little annoying.

As to Le Blanc itself, it is still wonderful with a couple of areas that could be improved.

We had a lagoon view room on the 5th floor. Butler service was great. Hugo unpacked for us -- it was great and gave us 20+ more beach minutes!! Ordered up the jacuzzi with fruit and wine at 6 pm one evening. Nice to come off the beach and find it ready. The butler took care of return shuttle reservation, porter sevice, etc. Always a smile!

Room itself was very clean and comfortable. Bed was great. No complaints.

Food was overall good with a couple of minor disappointments. Used room service twice. Efficient, fast and very tasty!!

Breakfast buffet every morning was very good with made to order omelets, eggs, waffles, etc as well as a great assortment of hot breakfast foods, fruits, sweet breads, etc. The best part of breakfast is the smile of Chef Isabel who greats each guest like a long time friend. Isabel, you are the best!! Waiters take care of drinks. The juice is quite good especially when converted into a mimosas. Breakfast is great!!

Pool food service is good. There are several small food preparation aeas near the pools that tkae care of sandwiches, steak burritos (excellente!!), etc. The staff at the pools are great, but we found the beach drink service to be uneven for lack of a better description. The beach drink service was great in prior years so I assume this was an aberration, but it needs to be addressed.

Lunch buffet with grill to order fish, steaks, fajitas, etc are available for lunch. I thought the lunches were great. I enjoyed some type of grilled salmon, grouper, shrimp etc every day. You pick what you want and watch them season and grill it. It was great. Also a full salad and hot buffet plus a great dessert selection. Attentive wait staff. Very nice.

Breakfast and lunch is in the International room which opens up to the main pool and ocean. If you want, you can eat on the patio. We did not, but the choice is there for those who want to.

There are four dinner restaurants plus room service. We ate two meals at oriental, two at Italian, one each at international and french with one room service for our evening meals. The evening meals was another of the disappointments as it relates to wine. The included wine selection is not of 5 star quality. That is a consistent complaint about Le Blanc and is justified. We like wine with a meal and could not finish either of the two bottles we tried. If Le Blanc can serve Don Julio tequila, why can't it serve a $9 bottle of California wine?

We enjoyed the italian restaurant the most and the french the least. Service was always good and at times extremely attentive. The food was good. We especially enjoyed the soups.

The general service of the staff was exceptional and probably the main reason why I have given Le Blanc 5 stars for the third time. Outside the uneven beach cocktail service, the balance of the staff was exceptional. I would like to particularly praise pool attendant Laura. She does the work of three. She starts at about 7 AM and I don't think she stops moving until 6 PM. She is a slender lady who can carry loads ot towels and move chairs and umbrellas like a stevedore. Laura always has a smile and friendly welcome and will help you find a great spot at the main pool or the beach.

Our final employee to single out for priase is the bartender Felipe. He is a master. I frequently just ask Felipe to simply make me a drink. This year he suggested a strawberry mojito. It was great. Last year Felipe got me started on Cadillace margaritas.

I want to mention tipping. We spent about $275 on tips for the week. I appreciate that tipping is optional at an all inclusive, but I sincerely believe if you can afford an all inclusive vacation on the beach in Cancun you can afford to reward people who work hard and provide great service.

A couple of comments on the other guests. We thought the age of the average guest was significantly younger than our previous visits. There were a high number of Asian guests. I believe most of them were from Korea. There were probably 10 weddings of young Asian couples that we noticed. I thought it was unusual that none of the Asian weddings included any guests. Just the officiant, the bride, the groom and the Le Blanc staff. May be that is some cultural matter.

Mr. Schmidt, how about putting in a cigar lounge? A number of Cancun resorts have them. I think it would make your great resort even better.

We have stayed at 4 different beach resorts for a total of 7 weeks in Mexico. Le Blance has been the best and we will be back. We had another great, relaxing week.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all, allow me to thank you for the preferences granted to our resort. I am so glad to know that for the third time we were able to exceed your expectations, and that our staff was the key to make of your holiday a unique and relaxing experience. I assure you that Hugo always with a smile, Isabel with great attitude, Laura our hard worker Pool Concierge and Felipe, who prepared for you different options of cocktails, have been already congratulated for the outstanding service provided. I am sure that all your positive comments and recommendations will be very helpful for future guests and for us to guarantee our visitors an experience full of memories and relaxing moments. We will be more than happy to welcome you again at your home Le Blanc Spa Resort!
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had never been to Mexico and didn't know what to expect. Our daughter-in-law made all the arrangements and assured us the Le Blanc was first class. From check in to check out we had an absolutely wonderful time! Our room was beautiful - the pool facilities perfect - the restaurants yummy. The most impressive and appreciated thing of all was the staff...Israel and Jesus - our wonderful, helpful and adorable butlers...why couldn't we bring you home??
Sweet Sara at the pool - catering to our every food and drink need - and Laura who seemed to work from sun up to sun down providing towels, water, etc. It was hard to say goodbye to all of you. We were only at the hotel for 4 nights but felt like we were leaving friends behind when we checked out. We hope to see all of you again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I am really glad to see from your review that the quality service we always focus on, made the difference during your stay, and made it an exceptional and memorable one. Our main goal day by day is to provide the best quality service to our guests and it is very rewarding to know that our goal was achieved during your stay. I will make sure that Israel, Jesus, Laura and Sara will receive your kind greetings. It will be a privilege for us to welcome you back and make your return even more comfortable.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!