I love this place -- it's just wonderful. A few things changed this time around that were a bit disappointing thus the reduction from previous reviews:
1) Gone is the Barefoot wine as a simple and reliable house wine. This approach just seemed to drive me and the rest of your guests to consume more expensive top shelf cocktails at the bar prior to and during dinner. OK by me but I think a poor business decision on your part.
2) Dealing with the spa this year was a nightmare. More than one of the services my wife received was unacceptable. Accordingly, she decided to cancel some of the other services we had scheduled -- amongst those a pedicure for her and a manicure and pedicure for me. We had been told when we scheduled our spa services after checking in that we would be able to cancel anything we scheduled simply by notifying the spa 24 hours in advance -- this seemed reasonable. My wife requested that they cancel her pedicure on Monday. On Tuesday when I checked it was still scheduled and I requested again that it be cancelled. On Wednesday I checked again -- still there -- and requested it be cancelled again prior to my wife showing up to the spa for other services. When I asked to see the bill afterwards nobody wanted to show me the bill and it was a nightmare to get anybody to help me, and, not surprsingly, there on the bill was the pedicure that my wife never had and had cancelled numerous times. I had to wait to speak with somebody about this, and then needed to wait for that person to have her manager approve removing a service my wife never had and had cancelled repeared from the bill. Huh? Very clear -- nobody there cares.
Beyond this my wife was not happy with her massage. The spa staff provided her a comment card and she told them as much by choosing "regular" on the card. When I later left the spa the spa representative told me my wife wasn't thrilled with her massage and showed me her card, and informed me that my wife, after speaking with them, my wife had changed her mind and changed her comments to "very good" or whatever the middle rating was as "regular" is the worst rating they have. In examining the card very clearly "regular" had been crossed out with the higher rating selected. In discussing this with my wife she informed me that she never changed anything on the card. The staff had simply decided to change the comment card. I was already annoyed -- this topped it off. I'll come back again to LeBlanc but it is unlikely I will ever step foot in the spa again. My sneaking suspicion is the staff there have given up as so many people are just going there to burn their resort credits. We weren't using resort credits. When I'm paying $44 for a pedicure or $240 for a massage I should be freaking thrilled -- not screaming at people. Not how I want to behave or be treated on vacation. So the spa -- stay away. You changing her rating is what has resulted in me changing my rating. You moved her rating up. I'm moving your rating down.
Perhaps a $1500 resort credit isn't such a good idea if it means the staff isn't going to treat the services as if people are actually paying that kind of money for the services.
All that being said, the staff outside the spa is simply amazing. As in the past staff remembered us and treated us extarordinarily well. Mario -- thanks for taking care of us again this year at breakfast and that one day poolside. Aldo from the French Restaurant -- you are amazing. I forget the name of the gentleman who took care of us at the upstairs pool for several days on end -- you were beyond great -- you made the entire trip. Not giving me grief about having my toenails painted flourescent orange is beyond what I think coud have been expected of anyone. If you were making fun of me thanks for doing it privately and just being super cool about it. Manuel (Emanuel?) from the Italian restaurant -- how you remembered we were from NY is shocking to me. Lucinda, Jeanette, Raul behind the bar and everyone else who took care of us poolside and remembered us from years past -- thank you. To the bellman (I've forgotten your name as well -- apologies) thanks for having cold towels waiting as we returned from our daily run! It is for all of you that we will continue to make LeBlanc our home base in Cancun for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the luxurious adults only Le Blanc Spa Resort - the transformation of all-inclusive into all-incredible. Created for the discerning traveler by one of Mexico's most celebrated designers, Le Blanc Spa Resort elevates the vacation experience with an uncompromising determination to exceed your every expectation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Blanc Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Blanc Cancun
- Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancun
- Le Blanc Mexico
- La Blanc Cancun