“Horrible Beach service and Dirty Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 hotels in Cancun
San Francisco,CA
“Horrible Beach service and Dirty Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My first review was removed and I am not sure why. I certainly hope these reviews are being filtered or somehow manipulated.

First of all, My wife and I visited this resort all the way from San Francisco and we returned after being so impressed in Jan of 2012.

We arrived on the afternoon of 4-21-13, and went right to the beach, this is what drew us back as the beach was perfectly white sand and spectacular views.

This is where the problems started. We stood there and nobody helped us find a chair. I flagged down a waitress in sun glasses and she pointed to a dirty chair ! The life guard finally helped us get some chairs. We sat down and we watched servers walk by us for the next two hours, nobody offered any water or drinks to us! I finally had to flag down a waitress and another 30 minutes went by and nothing! Finally Teresa(?) showed up and things got better! The staff from 3pm to 5pm need to be retrained or fired!

Second, I also noticed a lot of garbage on the beach. I realized it's a public beach but Le Blanc needs to make sure the section their guests are in are clean! I saw plastic bottles, cigarettes, and even drinking glasses on the beach!

I am writing this because I love this resort and I want these things fixed!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Allow me to thank you for bringing to my attention your concerns. I apologize for the bad impression acquire regarding our beach service and cleanliness encountered at your recent visit to Le Blanc Spa Resort. Please know that we are already taking actions to ensure that our beach is clean and safe for our guest to enjoy. Regarding the lack of service provided, we will make the proper changes in this area to prevent future discontents regarding this matter. We truly appreciate your comments and suggestions; and it will be a pleasure to have the opportunity to host you in a near future.

3,364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Grimsby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks in the middle of April. The pair of us had THE most amazing time!
I will not understand ANY negative reviews of this place.
First of all: Cancún itself truly is paradise! The climate, the setting and the way of life is completely oriented around feeling relaxed and in awe.
Secondly: this hotel is the epitome of relaxation. I have never seen or stayed in a place like it. The staff care for every need without even needing to be asked. We had massages (despite not feeling stressed in the slightest) which were carried out beyond our satisfaction. The spa can cater for any treatments (MOST of which can be covered by your resort credit option) and is set out is an absolutely perfect environment.
Three pools in the resort have plenty of seating/lounging arrangements (never a problem finding anywhere to sit or a parasol ... Or towels) but we mainly kept to the quieter pool on the third floor terrace. The waiters throughout the day will not stop bringing alcoholic drinks, bottled water (in an ice bucket) and selections of snacks often without needing to be asked. On top of which, they will bring ANYTHING you ask for!
Rooms are all spacious:- we were in a lagoon view which apparently is the lesser option but its not something that should even bother anybody. The view of the lagoon is still very special.
Each floor (all nine of them) has a butler that will service any need you'll have from arranging your checkout to booking tours and excursions.
The resort has a total of five restaurants:- only one of which opens for the breakfast buffet (the omelette station is amazing). The food in the French and Italian restaurants is very gourmet. The oriental restaurant caters for all Chinese/Japanese cuisines. The terrace restaurant is basically a clay oven near the third floor pool (the best calzone I've ever had) and the interactional restaurant will serve everybody's tastes. After the restaurants shut, room service is literally available at any time:- porterhouse at 2am, I think so!

Resort credit: I can't understand the negative comments here? We stayed at the resort for two weeks which entitled us to 2500 USD of the resort credit. With it we BOTH toured Chichen Itza, had a personalised tour of the coral reef and snorkelling (twice), went jet-skiing twice, had a trip to the local aqua park, numerous excursions to the lagoon. All on top of numerous therapies and massages in the resort spa! Yes; you pay the 11% tax on it all but we spent $2300 of the credit which meant $260 tax:- equating to about £170 … which is less than a sixth of what we were expecting to outlay on all activities before we arrived here. On top of it all, the credit can also be used to receive discount in the resort shops (to a limit)

All in all: I can totally understand why this place is so revered. I would not hesitate to return here and hopefully will do!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this amazing review and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us, from the helpfulness of your personal butler, to the variety and quality of the food encountered at our restaurants, especially BlancTerrace in which you were able to enjoy the best calzone you have ever had. It is a pleasure to read that you took advantage of your resort credits and took tours to so many special places during your two week stay. Thank you for the excellent comments regarding our spa treatments & facilities, where you experienced serene and relaxing moments. We all look forward to pamper your again very soon!.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was the first stay for my wife and I at Le Blanc, and our first trip without our kids. It was our 10th anniversary, and we are extremely happy that we chose Le Blanc. It was exactly the kind of luxury and relaxation and beautiful environment to make it a great anniversary trip.

The service at Le Blanc is second to none. Not only do the staff hustle - constantly - but they are also professional. They see themselves as good at what they do, as having expertise, and as able to really influence the quality of the guests' vacation.

We work hard all year and don't get a lot of vacation time. We really needed to relax. This was the ultimate in relaxation. Absolutely everything is taken care of.

We were also blown away with how beautiful the beach and pool area are. It looks like paradise.

Our last night, we had reservations at Lumiere, the French restaurant. The manager knew it was our 10th anniversary and arranged a special dinner for us. It was a complete surprise to us. And the food was extraordinarily good, and included items not on the menu. You can't beat service like that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It is a pleasure to know that you chose Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your 10th anniversary. I am really glad that your holiday was full of luxury and relaxing moments. Our goal as a team is to provide our guests a unique and memorable experience and it is so rewarding to know that we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent stay. It made me very proud to read the wonderful service provided at our French restaurant Lumiere due to the special surprise dinner planned to celebrate your anniversary. We all look forward to welcome you in paradise for your second visit.
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

LeBlanc is definitely a world-class resort. Impeccable service beyond what I've experienced in my 5 years of event planning. I highly recommend LeBlanc when looking for the VERY BEST in adult-only Cancun resorts. Fantastic food & nightly entertainment. The Spa was more than accommodating, even to last minute requests. The knowledgeable staff happily accommodated every detail surrounding our individual events (photography, music, table and venue decor, etc.) If you want to impress, Le Blanc is where you want to stay in Cancun!

Room Tip: There is no bad view; ocean on one side, lagoon on the other. The standard room is lovely. And, of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
It is our pleasure to know that Le Blanc Spa Resort exceeded your expectations. Our commitment is to make every guests experience as exceptional and unique as it can be, and it is so rewarding to know that our staff’s knowledgeable and detailed service made of your event a successful one. Thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us, due to the quality of service, nightly entertainment provided. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Congleton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had a wonderful 2 week stay at Le Blanc and cannot think of anything to complain about. Service and the friendliness of all the staff was exceptional. The spa, restaurants and facilities were top notch. Our highlights were the Chefs Special Dinner ( thanks to Memo and Marco) and the trip to Xplor. We are in our mid sixties but really enjoyed the zip lining and the other activities. Thanks to Janny for helping us to organise all of our trips and to max out our hotel credits. The butler service was really great and they managed to arrange all of our special requests . Fantastic and will be back .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is so rewarding to know that your overall vacation was highlighted with the friendliness and exceptional service provided by our staff members. I assure you that Janny with her helpfulness booking your tours, and Memo and Marco with their personalize service at your special dinner will be congratulated for the excellent service provided during your stay. We truly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on a next visit.
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having just returned from our 3rd stay @ Le Blanc it is very encouraging to see that what separates Le Blanc from other resorts - THE SERVICE - is still present.
That said, had an issue with the resort credits. We booked thru a Palace Member & at the time of booking Palace was offering a promo that allowed guest to use the full resort credits (in our case $1,500) in the spa. The palace member forwarded me all the information supporting this promotion. Upon arrival, the guest services representative did her best to get us to agree to a time share presentation. My girlfriend & I did not say no, but we agreed to let them know in a day or two if we wanted to attend the presentation. The same guest service rep communicated to us that we could use the $1,500 credits in the spa. However, 2 days later when we advise we would not be attending the presentation, our allowance @ the spa was reduced to $500 & the guest services rep communicated to us she never communicated we could use the $1,500 credits in the spa. Long story short, we exchanged e mails with the general manager & had a discussion with the manager of guest services only to be limited to use $500 in the spa. Not a deal breaker, however disappointed. There was no misunderstanding on our part what the guest services rep communicated to us & in fact she left us briefly upon arrival to get her manager's approval. In our opinion (and only ours), we beleive that the guest services rep felt comfortable that we would go on the time share presentation which in turn gave her more flexibility on how we use the spa credits & once we declined the presentation things changed.
Having said the above, Le Blanc is second to none and we do plan to return for yet another visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your overall vacation. It is a pleasure to know that our staff provided you a five diamond quality service during your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, allow me to apologize for the inconveniences faced due to the lack of information provided regarding the terms and conditions of your resort credits and the inadequate follow up given to this matter. I totally understand how you feel about having to deal with this type of situations. Allow me to assure you that immediate measures have been taken with the responsible manager to avoid future discontents on these matters. We will be very pleased to host you again!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went with high expectations based on many stellar reviews, and the resort and the staff almost met them all. We have also been to Iberostar Grand Paraiso twice in the past, and found ourselves making comparisons between the two properties.

The service is almost always excellent. But, then again, nothing is perfect.

Check-in was smooth, which is always a good sign. I appreciated the intimacy of the private check-in desks. The cool towel, coconut milk, flower, and neck pillow had me feeling pampered in less than three minutes.

We had an ocean-front room #702. The view was beautiful. The French balconies were an epic disappointment...but I knew that going in. Some of the rooms here do have full balconies, but not many.

The butler service here was 110%. Unpacking, laundry service (extra charge), ironing (two items included in all inclusive price), filling the fridge with what you love and removing what you don't, if there's a liquor that you prefer they'll bring up a tray with as much as you'd like. Want a specific aromatherapy oil burning in your room one evening and they'll take care of it. They'll get the Jacuzzi tub ready for your return to the room. When you're leaving your room and heading toward the elevator - they're up to push the button and hold it for you.

As for the room itself, the bed was SO comfortable. And housekeeping was very good.

The down side was that we were able to hear a lot of noise outside the room. It was noisy. It did keep me from falling asleep and it did wake me up. I think I blame myself for not remembering to ask for a room as far away from the elevators as I could possibly get.

I made the most of the resort credits. A spa appointment and a "romantic" dinner on the beach for our last night, which was also our anniversary. Room charge was approximately $22.00 for the spa appointment and $50.00 for the dinner. I booked another spa appointment and they used the remainder of the credits for that.

The spa here is beautiful, and I have been to many.

Even if you are not paying for a spa service, hotel guests are free to go down at any time and use the facilities (hot tubs, sauna, steam room, etc.)

The romantic dinner on the beach was fantastic and I would absolutely recommend it. The food and the service were great.

The rest of the restaurants were hit/miss.

We ate at the International restaurant our first night and my husband ordered a steak that was not edible.

The Asian restaurant was great.

The Italian restaurant was not great.

We didn't have enough time to try the French and may not have opted to try it even if we had more time. The reservation required and semi-formal dress code is off-putting to me for vacation.

The breakfast/lunch hot spot was the buffet. The selections and the food were decent. I, personally, am not a big fan and got tired of it quickly. While my husband felt all of the raw meats and fish being out and available for you to choose to bring over to be cooked was a hit - I did not care for all of that laying out in the open and then standing and waiting for it to be cooked.

Service here was spotty. We had waiters that were on top of our every need, and there were days where we sat for 15 minutes without being asked what we wanted to drink. There were also two instances where there were no napkins on the table and it seemed impossible to find them or have someone bring them to us.

The 3rd floor terrace offered a la carte breakfast and lunch (mostly salad/Italian/pizza). Food was also served around the pool areas and on the beach. We never ordered food while at the pools or on the beach.

My favorite pool was the spa-level by the lagoon. It was so quiet and the pool water was perfection (warm). I tried the 3rd floor pool and it was really cold. We never got around to trying the main pool.

We did find that, unless you were constantly moving the umbrella around, it was next to impossible to find a shady area anywhere on the resort at certain times during the day.

The people working at the lobby bar were always incredible. We stopped by many times to order a cappuccino and, while we were perfectly fine to stand and wait for it, they insisted we go sit and relax and they would bring it to us outside or inside.

We also stopped to have drinks the evening of my birthday. We had the good fortune to meet Guillermo. We went to dinner and then up to the Stage Lounge for a show. When I wasn't feeling great about the drinks up there, I went back down to see Guillermo. He made me lots of drinks and shots, put them on a tray, and carried them back upstairs for me. A great bartender and a great guy. Thanks, Guillermo!

Overall, we very much enjoyed the resort and the service.
I can't say that we're going to immediately book a return trip.
But I would recommend the resort.

I hope this was helpful and feel free to message me with any specific questions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your previous holiday. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our welcome amenities at your check in, the personalized service provided by your butler, your room accommodation and housekeeping service.
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our lobby staff, especially Guillermo, please be sure that he will receive your greetings and will be congratulated for the excellent service provided during your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed our spa facilities, and experience a unique and memorable moment at your special Romantic Dinner at the beach.
Allow me to apologize for the inconveniences faced during your stay regarding the noise near your room, the inconsistent service provided and the poor quality of food encountered at our BlancItalian and BlancInternational restaurants. Please be sure that your comments will be highly taken in consideration to prevent future discontents. It will be a privilege for us to welcome you back and make your return even more comfortable.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!