“Where Heaven goes on vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Easter Sale - 40% Off
Ranked #1 of 175 hotels in Cancun
Naperville, Illinois
“Where Heaven goes on vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We had our honeymoon in Cancun and have been back to different areas of Mexico for close to once a year since. We love Mexico and have been to many different resorts.

Le Blanc is in a class all by itself! The service is beyond exceptional. The food and drinks are above average particularly for an all inclusive. If you don't see what you want, just ask and they will make it possible. I never heard a no, just it is our pleasure. The weather was beautiful except for our last day. We sat by the moon pool and they opened two umbrellas and extra towels to cover us from the light drizzle. They brought us coffee and Baileys to keep us warm and apologized for the bad weather on our last day! Unbelievable!

We did go up to the sports bar a couple times for a little more activity. The team of employees could not be more eager to make everyone happy! Liliana, Ivan, Enrique and Isrrael were just a blast! Thank you to all of you for making us laugh and for your outstanding service.

If you can't be happy at this hotel, maybe you just can't be happy!! Amazing!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
It is definitely a pleasure to know that you chose Le Blanc Spa Resort to celebrate such a special event as your 25th wedding anniversary! It is os rewarding to receive such great comments, about our staff, due to the fact that our every day goal is to exceed our guests expectations, and make sure they spend their vacation in the best way possible. Let me assure you that Liliana, Ivan, Enrique and Israel will be congratulated for the outsatnding service provided during your stay. Allow me to let you know that our guests loyalty is our number one priority! I hope to have the opportunity to sreve you in a near future.

3,067 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I reserved an ocean front suite and got back confirmation telling me I had this as well yet on arrival after first being told my room would not be ready for another hour, the girl came back 5 minutes later with the news they were going to have to change us to a partial ocean view instead as they had no more of our suite available. I also was given no price break for this despite having documentation proving their mistake and having made my reservation months in advance. The hotel did not deliver the room they promised on their website then did not own up to their mistake or make it right. Otherwise the hotel and staff were first class and restaurants all great. The location was beautiful.

• Stayed February 2013
First of all we would like to thank you, for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort, as host of your previous holiday. I am glad to know, that you were able to enjoy our services during your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies, for the inconvenient faced woth our reservations department. I will personally look into what caused you discontent during your last stay. I addition, actions will be taken to prevent this problem from occuring again in the future. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and present you the improvements made, due to your valuable feedback.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I were at le Blanc for a week 2/2-2/8 for our 5 year anniversary and it was easily the nicest and most relaxing vacation we've ever taken. Le Blanc is top notch all the way and our every need or whim was met and then some. Arrival to cancun and transportation with lomas travel(booked through on.one resort site) was easy, we arrived and were given royal treatment from e time we set foot outside the taxi to when we sadly had to leave at the end of our stay.

We were surprised with a resort credit of $1500 to use at our discretion, which we used for spa, shopping, and the beach dinner which was fabulous and by far the best meal while there. We also did the Mayan encounter excursion with alltournative(also booked through resort site) to Coba with zip lining/kayak/rappelling, and this was a great daylong activity.

Our room was excellent, well stocked bar/comfy bed/aromatherapy oils daily/best tub ever/and views were excellent from rm 524 we had ocean and lagoon balcony views! My wife even fed some iguanas below us in the garden. 24h room service/butler service to do all you need including drawing a bath for you if desired. I can't say enought about this great trip and great resort, I'll recommend it to all my friends. I never write reviews online, this is my first, which shows how amazing this trip was for us.

As an aside we also felt very safe and comfortable in Mexico, we found local transport-buses/taxis- to be easy to navigate and all the people were very hospitable and accommodating. If you are planning a trip you cannot go wrong with le Blanc! I'll be jealous of you for going and plan to go back in a year or two myself!

Room Tip: Junior suite was our room and had two great views we loved it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for such valuable review. I t is so rewarding to know that we were part of your 5th wedding anniversary. We are glad to know that you were surprised with the resort credit promotion, and that you were able to use them in advance to your preference. It is also rewarding to know that you had a relaxing stay with us. I am honored to know that you took the time to make us your first review posted on Tri Advisor, due to the memorable experience lived. Looking forward to welcome you on many more occasions.
Port Jervis, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have never been compelled to write a review, good, bad or indifferent, but I must write about Le Blanc! It was beyond what we expected! From the moment you arrive the relaxation begins. The staff is amazingly helpful and you truely want for nothing. I also noticed that the attitude of the staff is so pleasant. I don't think I heard a negative word from any of them. Amazing! The food was wonderful. My husband is a chef and I was so worried that he wouldn't like it (he doesn't like anything), but he had not one complaint. We at dinner in the french restaurant for our anniversary and they put us in the private cabana right outside the restaurant. I need to eat gluten free and the chef made the entire tasting menu gluten free for me! This was all arranged by our butler Guillermo! It was amazing and so romantic. Make sure to download the Le Blanc app on your phone so you can make requests and reservations right from the beach! We did venture off the property one day to Isle Mujeris (not sure of the spelling), and I could not wait to get back to Le Blanc! When people said that we would not want to leave the resort, they were not kidding. I can go on and on about this place, but in a nutshell, it was the best vacation we've ever had! So very relaxing. Just what we needed. My husband told me to book it for next year already! My one and only complaint was that there was no single malt scotch in the entire resort! I'm a true scotch drinker and the blends just don't do it for me, plus a lot of them have gluten in them. They assured me the next time I come they will have it for me and you know what.....I totally believe them!

Room Tip: If you want a balcony make sure you check that your room has one. Most of them have French Balconie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost, allow me to thank you for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor followers. Your comments are our most valuable recommendations! It is great to know that you and your husband enjoyed the quality of our food and thet our staff took care of your special gluten free diet, during your stay. Allow me to assure you that Guillermo will receive your motivational comments, regarding the quality service provided during your stay. Its nice to know that our Le Blanc App was useful for you during your stay, with us. We hope to welcome you soon!
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My sister and I stayed Feb 5 - Feb 9.

Everything you have read from other travelers previous posts are true! Mainly from the excellent to a little bit of the "eh" in regards to the food.

Definitely not a drunken spring break type of place seeing as 99.9% of the patrons appeared to be couples and zero kids. Although I am positive they would accommodate you if that is how you choose to roll as they are always encouraging a good time with drinks. Just not that tacky Cancun crazy way. Ages appeared youngest late 20s with most 50s+

Check in and check out - a breeze. Le Blanc is smaller as most Cancun resorts are but with nearly 1 employee to every guest ratio, I kid you not - there was a smiling employee everywhere you went. And not the nagging kind either. Even the workers spackling the beach walls in 85 degree heat were happy. If you want something, they are there for you. If not, say hello and walk on by! If you are an attention hog and love being taken care of - this place is for you because the employees will love you! Again - if you don't want your butler to unpack or pack your suitcase, he does not have to like I requested him not to. Ha! Yes, butlers. 24/7 helping you with anything from unpacking, to drawing your bubble bath or any type of concierge duties. I do believe every floor has a butler and with 35? (guessing) rooms per floor, it still works out well. We had a partial ocean view room so I am sure the suites and higher up rooms may have their own specific butler.

Our room: Partial Ocean View. Yeah yeah sounds like a glimpse of water between a tree and a wall right? Nope. It was GREAT. Had a no blockage view of the ocean, view down one entire coastline and view of the lagoon. Rooms were clean and neat. Stocked with all amenities including m&ms and potato chips, which the butler was happy to refill at anytime. Maid service and turn down service came at the same time every day. Our telephone stopped working and from when we reported it out of service to when it was repaired and working - 30 mins total. For those that travel often and experience problems...THAT is fast service.

Pools - 3 pools. Main, 3rd floor & lagoon side. Main & lagoon have swim up bars. 3rd floor has an indoor bar with a waiter who serves you. We spent most of the time at the 3rd floor pool because it was smaller and there was hardly anyone using it. Only problem was the water was ICE cold. No it does not sound bad in 85 degree heat but it was cold enough not to be comfortable. I believe since its a smaller area and a smaller pool without a swim up bar, its not a hang out all day in kind of pool. Might be good for a quick dip and get out. That's all you could do anyway's. The main pool was slightly cooler than bath water so it was nice to lounge around in. Never made it to the lagoon side pool. For those that know Cancun and follow the sun, the lagoon side seemed to get the sun later in the day and by then, the 4 hours spent on the 3rd floor and main pool had wiped us out. I did notice that the lagoon pool had more activities. Ping pong in the water, chess, yoga classes, water exercises, etc. Regardless of which pool we used, they were all clean and the bars were stocked will drinks and employees. OH saw an employee walking around pushing a cart at the main pool. She was passing out magazines, books, many different types of sun block, fresh towels, bottles of water and cucumber slices to put on your eyes to anyone that needed it. Either we don't get out much, or we just never see that much hospitality.

Beach - IMMACULATE. What you wished every beach could be.

Spa - my sis and I did a couples massage. It was last minute booking so we took whatever they had. A 50 min relaxation massage is really 90 mins long. If you go for any type of massage, show AT LEAST 30 mins early. We arrived 45 mins early as suggested by our butler. I think 40 mins early is good. They prep your body for the massage with different types of heat treatments so wear your bathing suit! It was neat. I would do that again. Expensive? OF COURSE! Your at a resort with the word SPA in their name and you are in another country. Use your resort credits towards most of it. Its an impulse buy, just like the $10 bag of potato chips in the store. Use you resort credits for that too :) If we would of had time, I would of like to check out the treatment of fish that eat the dead skin off your feet!! Haaa that looks gross but I would try it!

Food - Like I said in the previous paragraph....you are in a resort with the word SPA in their name. Not SPAGO. They do not boast about their 5 star Wolf Gang Puck top of the line cuisine. No the food is not horrible and it is definitely not that bad where you have to pack up and leave to find another place to stay. The breakfast buffet - every assortment of American breakfast foods along side Mexican foods complete with a guy specifically to make you an omelette of your own design or homemade waffles. Same thing with lunch. American foods along side Mexican foods and a guy to cook beef or chicken for your fajitas, fresh burgers and t-bones steaks to order! And that's not including the precooked foods that are already out in the buffet. Yes the buffet is on the smaller side and not a multi-mile long substation. With Le Blanc being a smaller resort, it was nice to not see lines of people hawking over you while you chose your food for once. Don't get me wrong. There were still those few that just assume they are the only ones in existence with no manners. And don't forget about the smiling employees! They have an over abundance in the eating area just waiting to take your plate to the table for you or bring you whatever you would like. I saw some people being served. They had placed an order from the buffet line and the wait staff brought it to them at their table. Well lah-dee-dah! See?! If you want attention, this place will give it to you at no extra charge!! Le Blanc has 4 evening only restaurants (italian, orient, french, steak/seafood) all with their own pleasant atmospheres. We tried the Italian, Oriental and steak/seafood. All were very good. Steps above the buffet. The orient is more sushi related which I have never tried before as I don't care for fish. They have many shrimp items so I lucked out. We opted out of the french as it is labeled formal attire. Meaning pants, skirts - no shorts/sandals and that is all we brought. Our butler was going to try to get us in regardless of our attire but we did not feel comfortable because from the pics of the inside, it looks pretty nice! There is a main pool side burger type of stand during the day that served amazing smelling food (did not try) and on the 3rd floor pool/lounge area, is a brick pizza oven that serves pizza, calzones and salads. Calzones and pizza was great!

This is probably the 10th resort.. give or take one, that we have stayed in Mexico between Cancun & Riviera Maya. What Le Blanc lacks in sprawling acreage, they make up for it with hospitality and class. I will come back and will definitely tell others about Le Blanc Spa Resort!

Room Tip: From 3rd floor and up - Partial ocean view is GOOD. We were Room 322. Most rooms do not have balcon...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
First of all receive our warmest greetings. I am very glad to read all your excellent and kind comments. Our goal is to satisfied and exceeds our visitors expectations, It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our food and feel the friendly attitude from our staff. It is very comforting to know that our mission has been accomplished, and that your stay was memorable and shareable with others. Please be sure that our staff will receive your greetings. Looking forward to pamper you once again.
AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The resort was beautiful and the staff were all very helpful. The food was excellent and plentiful. The beach is spectacluar and lounge chairs, umbrella shades and towels are always available. We used the spa only because we had resort credit to use. I did not like the time consuming process of scheduling appointments and the hassle it was to change an appointment once it was made for the salon or spa. I was also not impressed with communication with the resort prior to our arrival. My daughter spent months of frustration waiting for contact with her wedding coordinator while the resort was undergoing a change in their wedding procedures. We also had difficulty arranging for transportation from the airport to the resort prior to our arrival. Once we arrived the communication was much more helpful for our return trip.

The main drawback to our week stay for our daughter's wedding was the fact that the majority of our group ended up getting sick and even needing several doctor visits to the resort. While this resort could certainly be a piece of heaven on earth for some, it was a series of frustrations for our group. While many of the problems such as missed/delayed flights and lost luggage were not the fault of the resort, these were problems common to travel in Mexico.

Overall this is indeed a beautiful resort but I would not choose to return. For the price I do not believe it was a great value. The stress involved in trying to plan a wedding long distance with such poor communication was definitely not worth the cost.

Room Tip: We requested an oceanview but it was not available. The garden view rooms were still quite pleasant...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Was the greatest experience in Cancun up to now.
Staff is exceptionally efficient and friendly.
Food and drinks are great.
If relaxing, good food and drinks is your vacation goal, then that is a place for you.

Room Tip: Lagoon side a bit more noisy (when you leave your windows open) due to proximity of the only street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Cancun. First and foremost allow me to thank you for such valuable review . I am glad to know that our staff's friendly and efficient attitude made your stay an exceptional and relaxing journey. It is great to know that during your stay you were able to enjoy the quality of or food and drinks. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in a near future.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!