“It does not get much better than this” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Springfield, Illinois
“It does not get much better than this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Le Blanc is in a class by it self. The flag ship of the Palace chain, Le Blanc earns it's 5 star rating & reputation. From the minute you are arrive and are greeted by Raul with his big smile and a responding welcome home to an effortless check in. The lobby is tranquil compared to other hotels. We spent a week at Le Blanc just before Christmas. We were scheduled to go to Playacar Palace, but were offered an upgrade, (dumb luck or Karma) which we gratefully accepted. Don't get me wrong, Playacar Palace is a superior hotel in Playa De Carmen but Le Blanc's attention to detail moves it to the front of the competition. The Floor Butler Service is a fantastic concept. Our outstanding butlers, Mario & Israel made our stay relaxing, fun and saved me money. Anyone who has rented a car in the Cancun area knows it can be a challenge with the possibility of a rip off very high, (1000 dollar deposit, 5000 dollar deposit, mandatory insurance that isn't). Mario called the various rental places and secured a car saving me 75 dollars a day over the best rate I could find prior to arriving. Israel showed us the lagoon croc that watches the morning yoga class, No worries - the class is up on a palapa (sp?) covered dock, the croc watches from the water. I thought it was hysterical. The staff - to a person were friendly from the staff that interacts daily with guests to the maintenance folks. We chatted with one of the maintenance men every morning after using the gym. The Gym is all you could ask for, clean, well maintained and rarely crowded, (well everyone is on vacation). The restaurants were very very good. The Italian was our favorite. Fernando, and his staff were very attentive, but not to the point of being obtrusive. Their recommendations were right on the mark. The filets were the best I have had, perfect cook & fork cut. Breakfast was my wife's favorite. The grill chef Isabel would make my wife a custom omelet, and after the 2d day , she started it as we walked into the restaurant. Try the Mayan Coffee! The spa is outstanding and world class. I'm usually not a big massage fan but I scheduled a couple of services - it was that good.
The pool and beach staff are fantastic. The view is outstanding. We asked for a direct ocean view, although the lagoon view is not bad at all. Le Blanc is located at the Northern edge of the Hotel Zone and it is a very nice area. The rooms are clean, very similar to other Palace hotels. Full balconies would be nice instead of the French balconies, this is my only negative. Le Blanc is very relaxing. It is not a Spring Break loud music at the pool kind of place. It is the perfect place to relax and restore. I have read some of the "ok - but", reviews and frankly do not understand them. Maybe if you live in "Downtown Abby" you would not be impressed by Le Blanc, but we sure were. I am in the customer service business and I know that how you interact with the staff goes a long way with how they react to you. Ask for their recommendations, get to know them, be friendly and I'll bet you have a wonderful experience. Every request we had met with a smile. Arrogant traveler ? well maybe you cause some of your own issues. Exceptional Service from all the staff is the rule rather than the exception. Concerning Membership; if you do not want to listen to the sales pitch say no and it will not come up again. There are absolutely no security issues in and around Cancun. Petty crime is everywhere (be aware of your surroundings - like don't use a public ATM at 3 am while you are drunk) but Cancun is a whole lot safer than Chicago. Cancun is economical, beautiful and a great place to get away to, (especially when it's 15 degrees & snowing in Chicago).
This is a great place and well worth the little extra it takes to get here. I highly recommend!
Note to the Le Blanc staff - thank you for the wonderful week, we cannot wait to "come home again". The Le Blanc staff is the reason we will be back.
Terry & Robin - Illinois

Room Tip: The higher floor you are on the better the view. The ocean front is awesome, but the lagoon is not...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing such valuable information with all Trip Advisor followers, allow me to thank you for taking the time to do so, and to acknowledge the different staff members who made the difference during your stay. Raul, Mario, Israel, and Isabel, will be congratulated for the quality of customer service provided. We work hard daily not only to accomplish your requests, but to go above and beyond them, paying attention to small details which at the end make the difference. I personally look forward to welcome you soon, and show you all the improvements made to exceed our guests expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This rather late review follows a fantastic 2-week stay in Le Blanc Spa from 3 - 17 December 2012. We have been Palace Premier members for the past 12 years and have visited most of their Mexican resorts. This was our second visit to this resort, our first being a 1-week stay in 2011 which we enjoyed very much. We were greeted after an 11-hour flight by Joe with a big smile, a welcome wash cloth and by Salma with glasses of coconut milk. Check-in was easy and very friendly, but we were disappointed to be told we had been allocated a lagoon view room so asked for an upgrade to an ocean view if one became available. However, when we saw our lagoon view room, 732, we were pleased - a very large room with lots of wardrobe and drawer space to house the contents of our suitcases, needed for a 2-week stay. The views over the lagoon were beautiful; the sunsets were amazing1. In-room amenities include Bulgari shower gel, shampoo and lotions, as well as Chi straighteners and professional hairdryer. They even provide a dental kit, a shaving kit as well as the sewing kit.

We had a problem in that the washbasin was cracked; a huge thank-you to Roger in Public Relations who arranged for it to be replaced. His continued follow-up to ensure our stay was meeting our expectations was much appreciated as was his input into us getting an upgrade to a Junior Suite for our second week. Roger was the butler for our floor on our previous visit, he did a great job then, and an even better one in his Public Relations role. We were able to use some of our resort credits for the upgrade.

We had no problems spending the Resort Credits and I fail to understand why others have criticised this perk and we did not have a problem with having to pay the 11% tax (government imposed) - the credits are definitely worth it.

As this was our 6th visit to Mexico we did not wish to do any tours and were happy to stay in the resort and enjoy the facilities including the wonderful spa. The massages we had were excellent, hard to pick a favourite of the 3 I had, but I most enjoyed the Hindu foot and back massage, and would recommend it very much. The staff are so professional.

We enjoyed all the Restaurants, the International is great for breakfast and lunch, where you receive a warm welcome from Stephanie and Monserrat, and Manager, Marco, greets you like an old friend. We received outstanding service from all his team, but we must say a special thank you to Fernando H, Fernando K, and Jesus. Isabel is a one-off treasure - we so enjoyed her morning smiles and the delicious omelettes she made, together with the little extras, especially the Mickey Mouse pancakes on our last day. The variety of food available is incredible and they certainly more than cater for all the many nationalities who holiday there.

Javier looks after the Terrace Restaurant where they make delicious pizza, and he is super nice.

Food and service in both the Italian and Asian restaurants were faultless and we also enjoyed two visits to the French Restaurant where they have pre-set Taster Menus; classic, fish and vegetarian.

Laura is the hardest working person I know - her energy is boundless in ensuring your comfort by the pool, ably backed up by the lovely Lucinda. We so appreciated the iced cloths and cucumber which she brought round in the middle of the day and the fruit platters were also welcomed.

Hats off to Guillermo and his team in the Lobby Bar and to Iliana who ensured our glasses were never empty on the terrace overlooking the pool and ocean when we met up with our friends from the US and UK for after dinner drinks; we met them during our stay . They were great company and we enjoyed many laughs - you know who you are!

We left the resort only for a golf lesson at the Moon Palace. Glad we weren't staying there, it is so large now, and the staff not as friendly as in Le Blanc.

Two minor criticisms - the wi-fi is not so good in the suites, although I believe this is being rectified, and comfier poolside sunbeds would be bliss.

All in all, a fantastic holiday in a first-class hotel, with superb staff. They are all there to make you feel at home and you can see that in their attitude to guests - just perfect; We enjoyed the food, the service was amazing. Plan to return in December 2013 - we are waiting for confirmation of our booking. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It is much appreciated to receive these kind of comments and suggestions, from guests who are now considered part of our big family. It is a pleasure for me to let you know that we have just concluded a project with our local internet provider, which guarantees excellent WiFi connection through our resort. Regarding our sun beds, we are starting to see various options, so we can offer you , a more relaxing and comfortable one. I am glad to see that due to the customer service provided , you have taken the time to acknowledge Joe, Roger, Stephanie, Marco, Montserrat, Fernando H, Fernando K, Jesus , Isabel our omelet expert, Javier, Guillermo and Laura. It is nice to know that you were able to enjoy our spa facilities and services, as well as the quality of our food. It is always a pleasure to serve you, we hope to have another opportunity to do so.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our experience was wonderful. We were pampered and treated like royalty. Every single person working there was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to see us. Like most places, the wifi could be stronger, especially in the pool area. But the room, the butler, the food, the pool, the spa,... everything we took advantage of was great. I highly recommend Le Blanc. We'll certainly be going back.

Room Tip: We got the governors suite which was spectacular. Our friends got the most basic room and it was sup...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
First of all Le Blanc Spa Resort wants to thank you for such valuable comments. We will do everything that it is in our hands, to exceed our guests expectations on every aspect. Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort, hope to welcome you soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Awesome.. outstanding Buttler service and ......
We could do whatever we want.. We only have two of our friends in front of elevators of our floor
whose names are Buttlers and they will do everything for us.
Food are very good(full course of French..) and Italians' are very good.

All of staffs are very very kind and well - trinned,, I think..

I love Le Blanc and will visit again soon.

Room Tip: Higher Floor will be better.. I didn't stay lower so I can't compare.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am more than glad to read that your vacation with us was enjoyed, due to the wonderful, butler services provided. It is amazing to know that the quality of our food, specially at our Lumiere and Italian restaurants exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcome you, for another exciting holiday!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The friendliest staff of any resort that we have ever been at. This resort will go out of its way to make sure you have a relaxing and pleasant stay. The beach and pool area were very pleasant. This resort had an overall relaxing and peaceful atmosphere with no "party crowd" at all.

• Stayed January 2013
Receive kind greetings from Le Blanc Spa Resort! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation in Cancun. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of it. We do our best to leave in your memory the most memorable and unique experience. I look forward to welcome you soon.
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just returned back after a fabulous time during our 4 day visit .
Received. a very warm welcome when we arrived with coconut drink which leaves you with an after taste as it is probably made from canned cream of coconut , so that was a negative for me

Check in was easy , I am not a fan of the wrist band that you have to wear during your whole stay and a 75 dollar charge in case you lose it ....what !.they do try hard to sign you for a promotional talk and we felt they would not take a no for an answer after being told that we were interested.

Rooms
We had a ocean front suite with a spectacular ocean view on the 7th floor, the decoration of the room was very basic , the room was small and bathroom very snug . Most of the room was taken by a giant jacuzzi next to your bed which made sound like it was trying to fill up with water the whole night .Butler service is available but we found it a bit redundant .

Staff
I cannot find enough words to express that they are all amazing and try very hard to meet all your needs with a smile .Lucinda and Cesar on the beach were great , quick to meet any of your needs .I think they truly make you want to return back .

The quality and variety of food at all the 4 different restaurant did not disappoint us , however I have to mention my not so great experience at the French restaurant
We were celebrating my husbands 60th birthday and so I made reservation for the second seating at 8.15 pm ..after I made rather reservation I realized that we would not make it until 8.30 due to his spa treatments so I called to let them know that we will need to move it to 8.30.i did not think there would be any problem at all but instead I was told that they will hold the table only for 15 mins and will be forced to give it away and I am thinking give it away to who? Fearing that they may actually do that I went at 8,15 and sat by myself .There 7 tables that were empty and most of them were taken by 8.40 with 2 more that were not taken the whole evening .tThey made no attempt to acknowledge this special day for him .The courses were brought at lightening speed with not even few minutes between courses.

Spa
A must try , stay away from body scrubs .a total waste .You could do a better job yourself and spare 139 dollars.

Bell service is superb.we were stood up by a prepaid taxi and the hotel offered to drop us in their navigator at no charge .kudos to Fernando .
Do not in any circumstance use yellow cab service, .take the hotel recommendations

In short if you are seasoned travelers and expecting it to be a 5 star, this place may leave you some what disappointed especially if you not going to eat and drink a lot .if you want quality versus quantity this is not for you .

Room Tip: Avoid yellow cab service Ask for a ocean front room if you do not want a noisy jacuzzi , ask for o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all allow me to thank you for taking the time to share your Le Blanc experience with me. Allow me to let you know that your feedback, is of high value for us, it is what motivates us to work hard every day. I have been in contact with you previously, and let me assure you that due to your valueble feedback, immediate actions have been taken to avoid future discontents on these matters. I hope you give us teh opportunity to show you the improvements made, on a near future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff is so attentive! They are what makes this place a step above other resorts. I applaud Marco and Victor in the spa. Leslie of public relations/guest services made sure everything was just right! Caesar ran all over the place to help us out down on the beach. Everyone was just great!

Room Tip: Make sure you get everything worked out with the reservation call center will booking, because it is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It is amazing for me to know that you enjoyed the customer service provided at the resort. Marco, Victor , Leslie, and Cesar will be congratulated for the hard work done, during your stay. We all hope to welcome you once again!

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!