“Excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 172 hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Le Blanc completely lives up to all the praise it receives and more. The resort and staff are just amazing. Everyone works so hard to make sure you have a blissful holiday, and I really appreciated it. It is true - even the lifeguard was super helpful and nice! This is by far the best resort I've ever stayed at. I used all the spa services, which were top-notch, and ate at all the restaurants (incl. room service) - I did not get sick or develop a rash.

The resort, pools, rooms all look exactly like they do in the photos! Also, the bartenders are truly skilled and serve top-shelf liquor. I really appreciated the service my butler(s) extended. It was super convenient to have a butler on each floor because it saved me a lot of time if I had any questions or needed anything that would normally require me to go to the main lobby to ask about. Indeed, the butlers all seemed to be really busy all the time - but they always stopped to help you if you needed anything. And if you happen to need help from someone in the lobby, there was always someone there who would be willing to help!

I just want to send out a HUGE thank you to all the resort staff - from the concierge/ lobby/ check-in desk to the bartenders, Isabel at the omelette station, activity leaders (yoga/pilates, aqua aerobics, water spinning), cleaning and wait staff. Everyone contributed immensely to my holiday, which meant a lot to me. I usually find the service can make or break any experience when you are staying at the same place for an entire week, so I really appreciate it when I receive service that is not just good but excellent.

Side note about the beach - the water is a beautiful turquoise and the sand is soft, but the waves were a bit rough. It didn't affect my vacation but I thought I'd mention it because I wasn't expecting it.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the upgrade if you can get it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
It is a pleasure to know that your stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort , was memorable and that the service delivered by our staff was impeccable. It is of great reward to know that you enjoyed our butler service as well as the exquisite omeletts made by our unique Isabelle. We truely look forward to welcome you back for another relaxing experience.

3,263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Dates: 17-24 December 2012

Webb: leblancsparesort.com

Wifi: Free of charge but VERY VERY bad. Hotel working on improvement

Style: Luxury modern design adults only all-inclusive hotel

Situation: Cancun hotel area on the beach.

Service: Outstanding with some exceptions

Room: #804 Royal Honeymoon Ocean view

Room description: About 40 sq.m. Nice modern decor. Twin jacuzzi. Table with 2 chairs. Writing desk. Decent clothing storage space. French balcony. Flat screen TV, DVD (was not working), IPod speaker. Coffee machine (a bit tasteless coffee), well stocked minibar and 4 bottles of alcohol (which can be refilled at any time). Pillow-, aromatherapy- and bath salt menu. Iron and iron board. Safe. No fresh flowers as advertised. Wonderful ocean view.

Bed: Large and very comfortable. Pillow menu.

Bathroom: Smaller size. Not much storage. One sink. Smaller shower but with 2 shower heads.

Amenities: Good, Bulgari, but had to ask several time to get them replenished as it was not done automatically by housekeeping.

Restaurant: 5 of them and the food is EXCELLENT!

Breakfast: Can it be better?

Facilities: Very nice spa, good gym, 3 swimming pools, outdoor jacuzzi.

General: This hotel is all about food and service which both are top of the line. The quality and preparation in all the restaurants is superb. Didn’t even feel the need to visit their French gourmet restaurant Lumiere. For dinner we preferred the International restaurant since, apart from the Terrace which is good quality but more simple (pizzas etc), it is the only restaurant with a view and where you can get a table outside. Use your resort credits for a Romantic dinner on the beach, it is memorable. The inclusive wine list is extensive. Their cocktails are well done and they use fresh fruit. Love the decor which is modern and slim, mostly in white, but very comfortable and stylish (and well maintained!). The lobby is grand but yet soothing. It’s definitely a romantic hotel with mainly couples (you can get married there as well). It is not a party hotel. The 3 different pool areas are very nice with great service. 2 facing the ocean and one facing the lake (with crocodiles in it!!). The beach is fab with white comfortable sand. No errors with the service here either. The ocean is wonderful but can at times be current. And never did we have to rush up in the morning to ”reserve” a sun bed!

There are some misses though: Each floor has a butler stationed near the elevators. They are friendly and helpful, but when dialing ”your” butler you get connected to someone at the reception who fails to rapidly forward your question (if at all). It is actually quicker to walk down to the butler by the elevator (if he is there). So I don’t see the point with the service. Hotel offer complimentary 2 clothing items ironed per stay, which I find ridiculous. Why not 2 per day? There is unfortunately pretty much noise from the hotel corridor which can be disturbing particularly in the morning. Bathroom amenities were not replenished. Had to ask for it every day. The sun loungers on the beach are cheapish and the cabanas are at a extra cost. The most comfortable sun beds (twin mattress) are by the pool on 3rd floor. Although majority of the staff is service minded, friendly, helpful and relaxed, some are the complete opposite and sad to say it is mainly some of the female staff members. The internet was more or less non existing but I was told it’s due to be updated. The hotel has only 2 cars which is far too few. If you plan to get a ride to the airport (which you can use resort credits for), make sure you book early! The idea with resort credits is good and bad. Use for the spa is limited. The items in the hotel stores are overpriced so even with the limited resort credit you can use it’s still more expensive than elsewhere. Make sure to ask what you can use the credit for, because it is not clearly written. We didn't use all of our credit. You can download a hotel app on your phone which is pretty useful, although I never succeeded to log on as a current hotel guest. This must be rectified since part of the app cannot be utilized unless logged in a current guest. The night-time activities are dull as are the shows (frankly, some shows are embarrassing. It doesn’t suit the quality and style of the hotel). But if you need action there is plenty nearby. We didn’t find Cancun town charming or interesting (where Playa del Carmen is both) so nearby activities are around the ”Zona Hotelera”. Otherwise day excursions. However, in summary we had a amazing stay and would definitely return! We will most certainly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ocean view and avoid floor 1-2 which not so private and poor views. Rooms with balconies on 9th floo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for visiting Le Blanc Spa Resort and sharing such helpful review with all Trip Advisor followers.I must apologize for the unfortunate incidents faced during your stay.
I am glad to know that you were satisfied with the quality of the food and service provided.
Thank you for your review, allow me to let you know that comments like yours help us improve the quality of our service delivered.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you home soon, to present you the improvements made due to your valuable feedback!
Omaha--"somewhere in Middle America"
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Le Blanc from December 19th-23rd. We stayed in a honeymoon suite room on the 7th Floor that looked out to the ocean. Highly, highly recommend doing the same. The view was amazing, it was quiet at night (we left the balcony doors open each night to listen to the waves crashing), and the two-person hot tub looking at to the ocean is fantastic. The room was very clean, housekeeping did a great job each morning, and it was a nice to have free WiFi and free calls to the U.S. from the room. Our floor had a butler who would take care of pretty much anything you wanted day and night. We had Mario during the day and Israel at night. Both of these gentlemen were fantastic, we can't say enough about them!! Thanks especially to Israel who took care of us everynight as we came in from the beach with some adult beverages and a nicely prepared bath for two.

As plenty of others have stated, the service is second to none at Le Blanc. For the money you pay this should be expected, but the thing that we noticed is the staff all seem to enjoy their jobs and are always friendly, smiling, and joking around with each other and the guests. You can tell they don't "fake it" simply because it's their job.

We found the food to be fantastic as well at Le Blanc. We have stayed at a few other AIs and Le Blanc blew them away. This was not your typical buffet food AI, this was more upscale, delicious food you would find at a nicer restaurant. The Italian restaurant was fantastic and our favorite. I would eat there everynight it I could. We also tried the French restaurant one night and although the food was good and the service fantastic, it was a little too fancy and over the top for us. You pick between 3 pre-set menus that are 9 courses each. The portions were small and we just felt it was one of those things we were glad we did but wouldn't do again. That said, I'm sure others would enjoy it if that is your style. The International restaurant was also very good, especially the buffet at breakfast. The offerings don't change all that much but there are so many items to choose from that it doesn't matter in my opinion. All the food we tried was fantastic and the service (thanks to Armando, Fernando, I know I'm missing a few others...all fantastic people!) was great as usual. The wood fire pizza on the third floor terrace was delicious as well (try the seafood pizza with octopus). We used our resort credits one night for the romantic dinner on the beach. We really enjoyed this and thought the food was pretty good. They give you a huge lobster tail and a filet for your entre. You also receive a bottle of champange, red wine, etc. Very expensive and would not have done it without the resort credits, but it is something different being able to have a nice dinner oceanfront.

The pools and beach were wonderful as well. We only used the main pool, but we were very happy with everything about it from the service, swim up bar, lack of having to fight for a chair/towels, water temp, view, etc. The beach at Le Blanc is as good as it gets. Soft sand, not overcrowded, water is absolutely beautiful and warm, not too many vendors trying to sell you something, and you can walk for miles each way down the beach. My wife and I took long walks or ran every day in both directions on the beach. After seeing many of the other hotels along the Zone and their strip of beach, we were extremely happy that we were at Le Blanc. Its stretch of beach was as good or better than most of the other resorts we saw. There is a bar on the beach, or they will bring you food/cocktails right to your chair if you want. We have been to Rivera Maya and Cabo in Mexico and by far and away, the beach here was the best. Perfect.

We both did a 50 minute massage one day and enjoyed it very much. I also used the steam room a few days as I was trying to get rid of a lingering cold. We were impressed with the facilities. We used our resort credits for this.

Overall we were extremely happy with our stay at Le Blanc. We have been ranting and raving to our family, friends, and co-workers ever since we returned home. If we have the chance to return to Cancun, without a doubt, Le Blanc will definitely be where we stay. Thank you to the entire staff at Le Blanc for making our vacation a memorable one. You have defintely earned our business and our praise. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Anything facing the ocean side is good. Upgrade to honeymoon suite if you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very greatful for the opportunity given to us of being your host here in Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our team, service and food quality which we try to provide to our guests on every visit. I truely appreciate the motivating comments regarding the quality of the customer service provided especially from your butlers Mario and Israel as well as from Armando and Fernando. We hope to welcome you soon!
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were amazed with the high quality of the the food, the beverages, and the staff were so friendly, providing an excellent service!! It was a wonderful time we have spent and we are looking forward to going back to this top resort!!

Room Tip: Ocean view and bigger room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alllow me to thank you for taking the time to let all Trip Advisor readers know how your Le Blanc experience was, and it fills me with joy to know that it was a relaxing and memorable one. I am glad to see from your review that due to the positive experience lived you are considering us as hosts of a future stay. It will mean so much for our entire staff to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I transferred over to the Le Blanc spa resort on Dec 30 after spending a wonderful week at Sun Palace. I'll start by saying we are Palace Members (Elite Diamond) with that said you expect a certain level of service. Which appeared to have not mattered at Le Blanc.
We have stayed here 2 yrs ago and had a wonderful stay! The service and attention provided to all guests was exceptional. Unfortunately we did not experience the same service this time around.
Our transfer from Sun Palace to Le Blanc was to be expected. We were picked up in the navigator by Ramone who remembered us from our previous stay, we were off to a wonderful start! Then we were greeted by our Diamond concierge and resort manager with a cold drink. We had a nice room, but not the room we had wanted. The resort was full to capacity so were understanding of that. We have no complaints on our room whatsoever. The bed was very comfortable and was always cleaned to our expectations.
Our first evening we went to Blanc international restaurant for dinner. We were looking forward to our meal as we had enjoyed this restaurant on our previous stay. The service we received our first night was great! We were expecting service like this throughout our stay. Things began to go downhill when my husband was served raw chicken for dinner! Needless to say it left a bad taste with us. We received an apology when we brought it to the attention of our waiter. ( really what can be said about that) then we decided to just go back to our room for the evening.
The next evening was New Year's Eve, we have friends staying at moon Palace so we chose to spend the evening there. We had a table at Noir nightclub and had a fantastic time! We can't wait for our stay in March with the entire family.
Other than that I'd say our stay at Le Blanc was disappointing. I personally felt as though we were invisible, we spent most days at the Luna pool and the service was terrible!!! In fact I am writing this review from the Luna pool and we are in need of drinks and have been sitting out here about an hr and no one has come to see if we need anything. I had gone up to the bar myself when we first came out here. We are leaving late tonight and quite frankly we will not be returning to Le Blanc anytime soon if ever again. The lack of competent service and individual attention has really left a spur taste with us.
Not to mention Le Blanc has the most uncomfortable loungers out of all the resorts!
In general we are very happy with our palace resorts diamond membership, but when we talk with Jose Davilla in March we will most definitely be letting him know about our complete displeasure with our Le Blanc stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Amazing. The staff cater to your every need. From the food to all of the amenities offered, it doesn't get any better then this resort. Our butler was therefor anything we needed and then some. The hotel, spa and pool areas were immaculate. We were stuck inside one day because of the impending hurricane,but everyone went out of their way to make sure we were all comfortable and put our minds at ease if the hurricane should have hit landfall. This resort is mainly for couples but it would be a great girlfriends getaway if you just need to relax and expect to be pampered. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It is a pleasure to know that your stay with us was so memorable, our entire team greatly appreciates you sharing this warm feedback. Should you require any assistance do not hesitate to contact us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Le Blanc just after Christmas and over New Years and had a great time. I had read all the reviews so knew the place was gonna be good. I was kinda hesitant because I felt the per night price was high (over $800 a night for a Jr Suite), but I must admit, the place was a great value. Here are my highlights: The hotels beach front is beautiful. It is quiet and well maintained. The staff in all parts of the hotel are amazingly friendly and service focused. The butlers on every floor make taking care of any detail super easy. The food is good (not amazing, but it is good). The "all inclusive" really is..there aren't any gimmicks..you can upgrade things like better wines, but in general the room fee covers everything. We stayed during a very busy time and there were no hiccups...they handled max capacity just fine. The rooms are clean, modern and well maintained. We used the gym daily and found it to be well equipped and maintained. We also used the Spa and it was A+. We are a gay couple and were not sure how accepted that would be, but the hotel and staff were very welcoming and we met several other gay couples who also enjoyed the hotel. Final FYI - I was not sure how tipping worked in an all inclusive place and found that tipping staff is not required, BUT, you WILL want to tip because the service is honestly worth it (we tipped in US dollars) and the staff were very grateful.

Room Tip: The Jr Suite had beautiful ocean views from 3 windows. The balconies are not functional in the room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very glad to see from your review, how many positive moments and relaxing memories you were able to experience during your previous stay with us. Feedback like yours add to our motivation to continue going above and beyond our guests expectations. I am honored to know how satisfied you were with the customer service delivered as well as with the quality of our food. I hope we get the priviledge to welcome you on many future occassions.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!