“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Best Rate Guarantee
Ranked #1 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Where to start? Check in was simple. As I like to arrive Mexico early in the day to enjoy that full day, we checked in and went straight to lunch. And wow, what a lunch it was. When you order a "glass" of wine, they bring you a "bottle" of wine. I was with 2 of my best guy friends, and we each drink different wines. We each had a silver bucket and 3 bottles of wine with lunch. Even more impressive, is that when you order a tuna salad at LeBlanc, you receive the most delectable sashimi grade tuna, the most exotic olives, fancy greens and top notch olive oil and balsamic. Even from room service! Perfection.

After our fabulous lunch, we were given our room keys from our floor butler, and the butler had unpacked all of our bags and every article was hung perfectly in the closet, shoes on racks, hats on racks, all toiletries lined up in the bathroom, and even some personal items from my luggage were nicely stored in discreet bags by the bed :) Rooms are modern, clean with great bathrooms, comfy mattresses and great pillows. Perfection.

As you walk down the hallways from your room to the elevators, the butler at each floor desk sees you coming and already has the elevator waiting for you. We would then tell our floor butler what we would like our room to smell like when we come back (there is a list in the room to chose from) and upon coming back to the room, you got it, our room smelled like heaven. Perfection.

Restaurants: Where to start?
The Asian restaurant had a wait, which we found odd. They were very busy. We continued to try to stump our server and ordered drinks like pina coladas and mai tais. I was with two high end bartenders from the Ritz Carlton, and we all stated that every drink we ordered was the best drink we had ever had. Food at the asian restaurant was incredible. We ordered probably everything on the menu.

The Italian restaurant was our favorite and we went several times. Beautiful decor, and outstanding food/service. Beef carpaccio, mushroom risotto, osso bucco. And for after dinner drinks, a nice French Connection - $45/drink at the Ritz Carlton but included at LeBlanc!

We tried the french restaurant one night, and enjoyed it. Perhaps a little too quiet in there for us. Breakfast buffet was tops. The servers even carried your plate to your table once you filled it up. Usually I would feel this would be "intrusive", but it was a delight. And every morning I filled the plate and just handed it to my marvelous server.

Lunch by the pool was culinary delight. More sashima tuna? Why yes, please. And a bottle of pinot grigio. Bucket of bottle water? Why yes, please.

Room service, we ordered about 3 times a day between meals. And then a nap. I've never slept so much or relaxed so much in my life.

I will say this. Spa music is played by the pool. And while very enjoyable the first few days, it would have been nice to have some more upbeat music at times.

We were there during Super Bowl, and LeBlanc threw an amazing Super Bowl party. Wings, BBQ, and all the fixings with large screen viewing and comfy sofas.

The Spa? Wow. A steam room that was full of steam? And you have a private steam room with several choices. I suggest a daily morning steam to get you going. The entire hotel always smelled like a spa.

Best food, best drinks, best service, period. Perfection. I almost cried when we left. Who was going to carry my plate for me and unpack my bags when I got home? I dream of returning to this place. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth every penny. You betcha!
Splurge at this place, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: For a triple room with friends, there are no oceanview rooms. Our view was a side ocean view over...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

3,357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
carlsbad, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Amazing place to stay!!!!! Loved the Sun Palace last year as well, this is a step above but I still say the Sun Palace was just as wonderful. This one, a bit larger, more amenities (the butler was great!)....still a great place to stay that is close to town. Wines without upgrade were a bit dull, don't do the couples romantic dinner on beach, the food was awful, first time I ever let a lobster leave the table with only two bites taken! Very dissapointing....

Room Tip: We had two single beds, gave us a bit more room we thought and also, partial ocean view still gives...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience, this is a very important feedback for us to detect our opportunity areas and make the immediate actions.
We regret to know that our wines and romantic dinner were not enjoyed as we would like it to be. Be certain that your review will have the proper follow up and this way we will keep the highest standard service and facilities.I hope you give us the opportunity to host you on a near future to show you the improvements made due to your valuable feedback.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just returned from a 10 night stay in Le Blanc. It was a fantastic trip made more so by the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for Caesar our Butler who beat us to the lift every day and could not be more accomodating!!
The cleaniness and ambience of the hotel was right up our street all white and spotless. It is not a place for a party atmosphere as quite a small hotel but if you want to totally relax this is ideal. Me and my husband felt totally relaxed and pampered. The food was excellent and all drinks premium brands.
The staff were what made this trip so enjoyable. Mayra and Laura round the pool catered to our every need, Michael the pool barman greeted us every day by name and would make us anything we wanted even if not on the menu. The staff in International restuarant for breakfast and dinner were great, nothing was too much trouble for them, especially Jesus, Armando, Gilberto, Marco and Fernando!!! All in all probably one of the best all inclusive i have stayed in and would go back anytime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We thank you very much for choosing us to stay.We are overjoyed to read all your possitive review, allow me to let you know that Cesar, Mayra, Laura, Michael, Jesus, Armando, Gilberto, Marco and Fernando will be congratulated due to the quality on the services provided during your stay.We pursue our guests relaxation and comfort, we look forward to host you in a near future.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Maybe most of the reviews are from first timers to all inclusive in Mexico but this pla e just didn't stack up to excellence playa mujeres. To me the point of an all inclusive is to stay at the resort. So location to night life outside of resort isn't that necessary.

The food was pretty good except for breakfast. The breakfast buffet just seemed to have a lot of weird choices that nobody really wanted.

The pool isn't that great and it's pretty dead/boring/dull. Compared to playa mujeres which has a swim up bar and lazy river.

The pool bar staff and waitresses were a big disappointment. At one point during our stay they decided to have a meeting around 11am by the pool bar that lasted at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile there was no one going around taking drink orders and no one at the bars. This was a pretty busy time of day around the pool and they call a meeting? Why not do this early in the morning?

Butler service was very good.

Beach was very nice and short walk to parasailing was nice.

The spa was very nice but nothing spectacular.

I wouldn't come back here especially if I had to chose between le blanc and exellence playa mujeres.

• Stayed November 2012
I am greatly concerned on the overall perception you had on the resort due to the inconveniences and discontents faced along the way. Actions have been taken to avoid future discontents on these matters. I hope you give us the opportunity to host you on a near future so we can show you the improvements made due to your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just excellent. Fabulous food and unbelievable service. Best all inclusive we've ever stayed at. The credits meant we could visit all the Myan sites for free! The hotel only has about 240 rooms and four restaurants and two large pools so never seems busy. It's adults only so is never very noisy. Fabulous coral sand beach you can walk for ever

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Receive kind greetings from Cancun. It is a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy a fabulous stay due to the quality of the food and service provided. I am glad to know that you used your resort credits to visit the beautiful Maya sites Cancun counts with. I look forward to welcome you on a near future for another relaxing and adult only ambiance experience. I hope in the future we have the opportunity to host you and show you all the improvements made due to your valuable feedback.
Maurice, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the LeBlanc the first week in December! From check in to check out, the staff was unbelievable. Caesar, our Butler, was super great, making sure all our requests were handled. Laura and Lucinda, pool helpers never stopped working, always making sure we were comfortable. Felipe at the lobby bar had our drinks ready before we sat down! Chris, bartender at the pool area, always attentive. Restaurant staff were all super nice. Javier, waiter on the Terrace was super nice. Upon leaving, as our special staff would see us, they would come to give us "Good bye hugs!" Can't wait to go back!
The Broussard's
Louisiana

Room Tip: We had a corner Governor's room, so we had ocean view all around us!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
It is really rewarding to know that you had a wonderful stay, please let me assure you that our goal, day by day is to exceed our guests expectations each time we have the opportunity to host them. I am glad that Cesar, Laura, Felipe, Chris and Javier went out of their way to ensure that your stay was excellent. I assure you that they have been already congratulated for the excellent service delivered. We can not wait to welcome you back!
Edison NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

A very nice property with a great beach. Lots of chairs and umbrellas. Nice gym with a full class schedule (not mentioned elsewhere). Marisol and Samantha are great instructors. The spa is one of the nicest I've been to. Everything is immaculate,

The room is very nice, but not that functional since almost half is taken up by the jacuzzi in front of the windows overlooking the beach.

The restaurants mainly have excellent service, but unfortunately the food is inconsistent. Simple and plain works best for them, but they are trying to be five star gourmet dining and they just can't pull it off. The French dining experience took three hours culminating in a very well done filet after requesting medium rare. I just wanted to go back to my room. Room service is prompt and offers a lot of selection, but some things were always forgotten. Isabel at breakfast is a delight and will make you terrific breakfast burritos.
The staff is very friendly and tries hard to accommodate anything you'd like. However, they get tips from everyone for everything. And it's all inclusive! There's an expectation to constantly throw money for service. We've spent more on tips here than at hotels where nothing is included. And do bring your own small bills. The desk didn't have change either time I asked.

We enjoyed Live Aqua more.

• Stayed December 2012
First and foremost allow me to thank you for the review shared, and for the feedback provided, which will help us improve the areas of opportunity identified. I would like to apologize if your stay was not completely enjoyed due to discontents faced throughout it. As you mentioned Le Blanc is an all inclusive Resort tips are not mandatory, it is a kind gesture of our guests’ free will. Thank you for the opportunity given to host your previous vacation, hopefully we will get the chance to host a future one.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!