“Best Place for a Honeymoon!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Best Place for a Honeymoon!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at LeBlanc Spa & Resort for our honeymoon last week and it was absolutely AMAZING! We were so dad when we left :( This place is the perfect place to come to after all the stresses of a wedding and I would very highly recommend this resort for future honeymooners. The service was outstanding, probably the best service I will ever receive in my life. The staff really strives to make you happy and comfortable and really wants to make sure that you are extremely satisfied with everything.

All of the waiters are extremely knowledgable with all of the food that they serve and it is probably best to not even look at the menu and just ask for their suggestions because they definitely know what's best.

The Spa was one of my favortite experiences at LeBlanc. We used part of our resort credit to do the couples thempertutic massage and it was so AMAZING! The massage lasted 80 minutes but it flew by so fast. Before you do the massage you go through about an hour of hydrotherapy which was already relang enough. The hydrotherapy consisted of a couple of minutes in a heat room, steam room, and sauna and then a couple of more minutes in a jacuzzi. After the jacuzzi you get into a cool pool and then a warm pool. We went back the next day just to do the hydrotherapy because its available for all guests and there is no extra charge for it.

I personally do not even think The Ritz Carlton is even comparable to LeBlanc becuase everthing at the Ritz is so expensive and it is NOT all-inclusive like LeBlanc is. Everything about LeBlanc was beautiful and absolutely perfect. If you want a break from the stresses of whatever your life may cause, this the place to go! You will get treated like royalty and relax like a celebrity!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I just returned from our second trip to Le Blanc. Before going we wondered if this resort would live up to our memories of the previous trip, but incredibly, it actually surpassed them!! If you want a place that exudes class and pampering, you must go here! We have traveled to first class places around the world, but this beachfront shangra-la is our #1,

Besides the gourmet food, the beautiful rooms and setting, and property as a whole, most of what makes Le Blanc so special is its staff. They pamper and spoil you while all the time making you feel like they are not just doing it because it is their job, but because they really enjoy making you feel like royalty! Some of the staff that went out of their way to create our dream vacation include Aquilino the chef, the entertainment staff of Laura, Tatiana, and Isabel, lunch servers Mario, Luis, Fernando, Gamaliel, Italian restaurant server Ernesto, lunch grill cook Ricardo, international restaurant dinner server Andres, the captains David and Edgar, pool servers Jeanette, Lucinda, and Ana, front desk staff Viridiana, security (and turtle experts) Jeneybar and Enoe, spa assistant Teresa, masseuse Ruth, our room attendant Estella, bartenders Guillermo and Jorge, and of course our fantastic sommelier Gerardo. And thanks to Gerardo in public relations who helped us with our room plans.

For people looking for a large property with constant activities and loud noise all the time, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for tranquility, a place with gourmet food, a honeymoon spot, or a place to relax and be pampered to the max, this is the perfect place for you!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Andreas_mx, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
I am delighted to know that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations. It's a true honor to be #1 in your list for relaxing and pampering vacations. I had a pleasure to share your comments with all our team, and should thank you for the great motivation, which comments like yours give us. All our team can't wait to welcoming you for your 3rd Le Blanc vacation
killeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

A was told that Le Blanc was the best of Cancun. At the begining of my stay the transportation was not the best that I expected. The reservation by Internet was totally of misunderstandings. At leAst when we arrive To the hotel, Francisco Zurita and Porfirio was in the front desk and they help us a lot with our tours and spa. The buttler Alejandro in the 6th floor was awsome. The rooms are nice :) The pool bars were awsome and Jessica, Jose , Eric the bartender and Alejandro the bartender so nice and very polite. The restaurant was not the best service Marco the captain was very gentle but when he was not there sometimes you need to ask for someone to give you water at the table. I understand that the concept of this Spa Hotel is very european but do not make sense that you go to Mexico and do not have any mexxican restaurant and any tradtional mexican show at the hotel. On the 4th of July they give us a show of BREAK DANCING????? awkward if you are looking for kind of luxury hotel and classic.
The romatic dinner with all tthe staff GREAT Antonio the chef ESPECTACULAR!!!!!!! I recommended but also I hope they can make some improvements. The worst restaurant Blanc terrace for breakfast the worst waiter Jose Luis at the Terrace

Room Tip: VERY NICE, clean, modern,
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

After a long day of flying (awake for almost 24 hours) we finally arrived at Le Blanc. Greeted with smiles and a much needed drink! the check-in took about 10 minutes which then our floor butler met us to take us to our room. It was close to midnight and we hadn't eaten since about lunch time so we were straight on the phone to room service and had dinner arrive within 30 minutes. We were already very impressed and were looking forward to the next day to go explore the rest of the hotel.

The hotel is amazing in a great location very clean and run to a very high standard. I don't think I see one member of staff who when I looked at them was not smiling and almost always greeted with a genuine friendly hello. I do agree with another review about how staff are always saying "my pleasure" which seems robotic and not necessary every single time.

I am not a fussy person and loved every bit of the food where as my missus was not as impressed but she is very picky. The international and Italian restaurants were our favourites. You can also visit any other of the sister hotels to eat.

The resort credit is a great thing which we used for 2 tours (Chichen Itza and Xcaret plus) also 2 spa visits each, picture package and upgrades on wine.

The spa was amazing I was at a Hilton spa last year and this blew it out of the water! My only moan I think was you can use the resort credit for a romantic dinner on the beach which when we asked about it we were told we could not book it as they had stopped it until further notice yet every night couples were on the beach having the romantic dinner even people who had arrived after us so I have no idea why we were told that.

I would like to mention 2 staff members in particular who made my stay that extra bit special and will contribute to me coming back again. These are Lorenzo (Lagoon pool bar) if you see him ask him to surprise you for a drink he makes amazing cocktails! try a brain tumour (sounds horrible but hits the spot) also Angel at the lobby bar. These 2 members stuck out as I am not to good with names I can not name any others but all did a great job. The ladies who serve the pool during the day do an amazing job I always had a drink and food when I wanted it.

Like mentioned in another review these ladies and gents earn peanuts so if you are happy with the service a tip is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time and sharing comments on your experience at Le Blanc Spa Resort.
I am glad to know that you were impressed by the level of services and wide range of benefits included in our All Inclusive program. We are proud to be called a Spa Resort and every effort is made to ensure that our Spa meets highest international standards, I'm glad that you found it amazing and assure you that our Spa staff appreciates your high opinion on their services.
Allow me to apologize for the inconvenience with booking for Romantic Dinner, we did stop taking new bookings just for a short period of time, and reservation process was restored by the end of that same day. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.
I am delighted to know that you have lots of pleasant memories of Le Blanc and people working here, thank you for mentioning names of those who contributed the most to your relaxing vacation. We all are looking forward to opportunity to be at services you in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We just arrived home from a week stay at Le Blanc. It was our fourth visit. It was perfect as usual. Some things to comment on:

•Dining Room Managers: Edgar at the Oriental and David at Italian were very engaging.
•Dining Room Service: Every server (i.e. Manuel @ the Italian) and steward (i.e. Noe in the International) was so professional and efficient.
•Butlers: Mario, Antonio, and Fatima made everything perfect and hassle-free for us.
•Outside Pool staff was FANTASTIC: Fanny, Jeanette, Ana, and Lucy. Every single person working in this area is to be commended. WOW!! We apologize we didn't get everyone's name to thank them.
•Jorge at the Lobby bar makes the best Mojito we’ve ever tasted. That you for your great drinks and friendly, professional demeanor.
•International Restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Again…all these folks provide the BEST customer service. I apologize that I did not get everyone’s name: Mario we love you!!! Also Fernando, Gamiel, Luis, etc. etc. did a great job. And we’d also like to thank the lady that made our delicious omelets every morning.
•SPA: Monica (massage therapist) & all the assistants were terrific!!!!!
•Activities: Omar & staff do a fantastic job with the FIRE show and volleyball.
•Sommelier: Geraldo always provides great wine recommendations year after year.
•Food: what’s not to like. Everything is incredibly delicious, fresh, and tasty. Hats off to the chefs!!!! The pastries, breads, and desserts were some of the best we’ve ever had!!
•Thank you to Raul (the doorman) who got us to the airport on time.
•We recommend the Riviera Golf Club: Great course and very efficient service.
•And thank you to all the quiet, behind the scenes folks that made our vacation so special: maids, business office, front desk check-in, etc. etc. So many folks were kind, smiling, and customer service oriented. We’re sorry we don’t know your names to say THANK YOU.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Please receive warm greetings from all the team of Le Blanc Spa Resort, and allow us to express appreciation for this encouraging review.
It's a pleasure to know that your recent stay with us was perfect and so many members of Le Blanc team stood out, providing efficient and courteous service. Thank you for giving your preference to Le Blanc and I'm looking forward to welcoming you back for your fifth visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

Would go there again and again!! We felt like king and queen when we were there. Our only mistake was to leave the hotel to visit nearby attraction sites!

• Stayed December 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We traveled to Le Blanc from June 29th-July 3rd. We both experienced some good and some bad. I'll start out with the good:

"Most service staff." Not only good, but excellent. I read plenty of reviews on Tripadvisor prior to our trip and I have to say most were spot on. One of the things I found interesting upon reading previous reviews was how often people mentioned certain employee's at the resort. I thought to my self, "I won't remember anyone's names!" And I was wrong.

The following people made our trip worthwhile in no particular order:

-Guillermo
Head bartender in the main lobby bar. Extremely helpful, friendly and made us feel at home the entire time. Meeting him, and some new friends Kellie and Nancy(staying at le blanc same time as us) made our vacation much better. MAKE SURE TO TIP THOSE WHO TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

-Daniel
Head bartender at the "Stage bar" on the 3rd floor. He made us also feel like family. HE went out of his way to make us special drinks and do whatever he could so that we had a great stay. We enjoyed talking to him about his family as well. MAKE SURE TO TIP THOSE WHO TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

-Estella, Laura and Mary Carmen
These three ladies worked their TAIL'S OFF in the pool and beach's area's. Again, they were personable and didn't make you feel like a number. They kept our drinks full and made sure we were taken care of. Each day at the pool or beach, they went our of their way to find us and make sure all was well. MAKE SURE TO TIP THOSE WHO TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

As for the rest of the staff?? Well they we're mas o menos. So so. The butler's were pretty good actually, but we had SO many butler personnel changes that made it hard to remember each one. But they were good overall as a whole.

Our favorite's?

Well our favorite people were mentioned above. We also found the majority of the guests to be very friendly and pleasant. Fav restaurant was the International, least fav was the French one. If you have questions feel free to ask.

If you're a beer person? I was a tad let down, only Mexican beer and Coors Light. No Bud Light or ANY premium beers other than mexican. The wine list was okay except it listed a Reisling wine which is what my girlfriend drinks and they did not have it. But kuddos to Geraldo their Sommelier, he came up with a good option. Sadly it wasn't until our second to last night.

-The bad and ugly

Don't want to spend much more time wasted on this topic. But the "time shares sales" folk I had read so much about lived up to their rep. They nearly stole one half a day of our vacation TRYING to get us to listen to their pitch. Not half a day LISTENING to it, but TRYING to get us to sit and listen. They interrupted our pool time twice, as well as our lunch time twice, then once again in the lobby AFTER I had told them:
"Listen, you're a nice guy and all, but now I'm on YOUR time schedule by all these interruptions, this is PISSING me off as I didn't pay this much to be on SOMEBODY ELSE'S schedule."
He then sent his boss for one last feeble attempt. Hated this part. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Lastly, it's nice to hear "my pleasure" over and over again, but unless the person TRULY is being genuine, it often comes across as robotic. Save for the few outstanding examples I mentioned, most other were robotic. In fact, my fav's RARELY used the phrase and when they did, I could sincerely tell it was genuine.

-Tips

Exactly that. TIP the waitstaff. I heard the waitstaff and bartenders only make $6/day salary. Even though it's an all inclusive, don't be cheap. If you can afford to spend $3,500-$4,000 on a vacation, you can afford to give a dollar or two every other drink etc. Especially to those ladies who are working in the hot sun.

In summary. We had a great trip, but the time share group about ruined it. Also, I think it's a tad overpriced. Lastly, I believe this Andreas Schmidt(The supposed "General Manager") is merely a web bot or something. Is he a real person? I emailed him prior to our trip with some concerns and questions and he never replied.

Enjoy your stay if you chose to go to le blanc. I'm certain it will be your pleasure!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the poolside views. You can see the ocean, and also check out the pool/beach activity.
Dear Jsnychiro ,
I appreciate your valuable feedback on your experience at Le Blanc.
I would like to start by offering an apology for not meeting you in person while you were here and addressing personally the inconvenience caused by Palace Premier agents. However, I am glad to know that you spoke to our Public Relations Manager, who made sure that your vacation was free from interruptions and the proper follow up was given to prevent this situation from happening in the future to any guest of Le Blanc.
I would also like to mention that I did receive your email dated May31, and it was replied the following morning with explanations on room options, unfortunately I did not realize that for some reason my email never reached you, still I apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused.
On the other note, I am truly glad that despite some undesirable incidents with Palace Premier, you had a great trip overall and , more over, thank you for acknowledging an outstanding service of many of our team members. Allow me mention that, should you choose to visit Le Blanc in the future, it will certainly be our sincere pleasure welcoming you back and providing you our services.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!