“Treated us so well, beautiful resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Santa Rosa, California
“Treated us so well, beautiful resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We went to Le Blanc on our honeymoon. It was so wonderful and beyond our expectations. We were greeted at the door with a welcome drink and the staff treated us as if we were the only ones in the resort. Our room was fabulous, extremely clean and comfortable. We took advantage of thier pillow menu while we were there and tried the lavander pillow. The resort offers different restauants to choose from included in your all inclusive price. They were all very good! When you are at the pool there are staff who bring you damp towels, drinks, food, whatever you need. We even had a butler just for our room! I would reccomend this resort for couples, it is very romantic and the staff go out of thier way to make you fell special.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Andreas_mx, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Congratulations once again on your recent wedding and thank you for choosing Le Blanc for honeymoon celebration. I'm pleased to know you had a wonderful time with us, enjoying different services and amenities of the resort.
I deeply appreciate your recommendations and looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,044)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

My fiancée and I stayed at Le Blanc for ten days after reading an array of excellent reviews on Trip Advisor - it certainly lived up to (and exceeded!) our expectations! Upon arrival, we were greeted with refreshing towels and coconut milk, which was lovely. There was absolutely no mention of investing in a timeshare, which made us think they'd taken into account the countless reviews criticising this.

The room was great - spacious, massive jacuzzi tub as well as free goodies in the mini bar. The beds were extremely comfortable - you could even choose your preferred pillow infused with aromatherapy. Every night, you are presented with different petite fours - a unique touch which we loved.

The staff were truly amazing - they will literally go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Kudos to Alfredo - a waiter in the Italian restaurant, who made our day =) What impressed us most about the staff were the little things, i.e. big smiles every morning, calling the lifts as we approached, bantering at the table - all things which really enhanced our experience!

The food was IMMENSE - our favourites were the French and Italian restaurants. The French restaurant in particular was truly fabulous - at one point, we compared it to michelin starred food back in London. You can choose either the tasting menu or an a la carte - both incredible. The staff were also very knowledgeable about the menu/wines, however, if we were to make one criticism, it would be that they often didn't have the correct/enough cutlery laid up. Despite this, it was a fantastic experience!!!!!

There isn't much to do in the evenings - I'm guessing they expect you to make your own entertainment! However, if you want to relax/put on a stone or two from all the glorious food/benefit from first class service, Le Blanc is for you!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
All our team is grateful for your feedback and we all are glad to know that Le Blanc Spa resort exceeded your expectations. Thank you for noticing the improvements, which we are constantly working on and little pleasant details we create for our guests, all to make your vacation the most enjoyable experience.
We all are looking forward to hosting your vacations again in the future.
Cirencester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in March 2011,

The hotel is contemporary, stylish and extremely welcoming. By reading other reviews you will know you how you are greeted. We had a little bit of trouble with check in as we had booked a sea view room and were originally given a lagoon facing room (the reason why becomes apparent later in this review).

The rooms are gorgeous. They are spacious and with a unique style. The bath in the middle of the room is a stunning feature (although it takes about three days to fill)!!!

There is a butler service. They are very accomodating and attentive. Try the oils as they are really nice and make the room smell delightful.

We ate at every restaurant within the hotel and couldnt fault any of them. Our particular favourite was the Italian but try the desserts in the Oriental restaurant as they are sublime (particulary the truffles and you can order them as room service).

For me the service excelled around the pool. I thought my husband was drinking rather a lot (dont I sound like a nagging wife) but in actual fact he was merely drinking a proportion of each drink. Everytime your waitress saw that the icecubes had melted or that it was sat in the sun, they would replace with a fresh one. Our waitress Ana was lovely. The same applied with your towels - if you looked like you were about to get up and do something then an attendant would tend to your every need. Food can be served pool side and they will make you anything you want.

As we were there for two weeks we had $2500 resort credit. We used this for the lobster dinner on the beach (which I think was a bit of waste of time) and the rest in the Spa on treatments or products. We had massages which were amazing. I didnt enjoy my facial as I found it a bit intrusive (but that is simply personal taste). I also had pedicure, waxing and my nails polished.

We used the well equiped gym each morning (open from 6.30am). We felt with all this delicious food we needed some exercise. They also have classes which seemed extremely popular.

Now for the bad bit - This hotel has a lot of conventions and to be honest they need to advise the guests of this prior to booking. I appreciate from a business perspective this is a great source of revenue, particularly in this economic climate. However during our stay there were two large conventions. The hotel transforms from a zen like atmosphere into an 18-30 holiday. The people from the conventions get priority over the rooms so there were people with beautiful sea view rooms that simply wouldnt appreciate them. We paid nearly £6000 for this holiday so were rather annoyed when we had such a battle for our room to be changed.

The people on the conventions had no consideration for the other guests. They took over the pool area, perched themselves on the end of sun-loungers and blocked the entrance to the pool.

Whilst we were not best pleased we were more concerned for the American people we had made friends with who had booked a type of time-share with Le Blanc, at considerable expense. They were given lagoon rooms and the hotel were not prepared to negotiate at all. This is not great customer service - just an example the more you pay the better service you get.

The final negative was the housekeeping staff. I dont know about you but when you return to your room all you want to do is relax. Housekeeping tap on your door at least 3 times per evening. Turn down, chocolates and towel changes. If you say later all they do is tap again - at all sorts of times. They also ignore Do not Disturb signs. One night during the beginning of our stay, so still suffering from jet lag, my husband and I had an early night at 10pm. The maid knocked and walked in. Thankfully we were just watching TV!!!

There are hardly any British tourists at this hotel, predominantly American and Canadian guests. Part of the pleasure of our stay was the wonderful people we met.

This hotel should score 5/5 for each review but they need to react to the reviews as there are consistent themes. The positives do outway the negatives though as the hotel and grounds are beautiful and we will come back time and time again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanne-Cantle,
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback. Every review we receive is contributing to our improvement and for this we are truly thankful.

I do regret that you experienced several inconveniences during your stay with us. Allow me to assure you that our only goal is to make every guest feel like home, creating only positive emotions and remarkable memories. I regret the way you felt during convention as we are fully committed to provide a first class service to all our guests without exceptions. Your comments are truly helping us to make our services more efficient.
I am glad to inform you that we are improving our housekeeping procedures, training hours have been increased as well as we are starting to introduce new DND cards, aimed to ensure most relaxing experience of our guests while resting in their suites.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Le Blanc, it's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your room, as well as the facilities, quality of services and food.

I'm glad to know that you will be considering Le Blanc for your future visits to Cancun and will be glad to assist you with any pre-arrival arrangements and information.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Absolutely the BEST service I have EVER had. It is the first REAL all inclusive hotel I have been too. You ask for something they get it for you and dont tell you sorry that is not part of the "All Inclusive list". They are there to serve you PERIOD I felt like I had two or three people waiting on me at all times. It is a little pricey but the fact is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I am so glad I brought my wife here for our honeymoon because they made her feel like a QUEEN! By the way food is INCREDIBLE! It was tough to come back home now our expectations are so much higher we have to remember we are not at Le Blanc. I have to come back!!!

Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted by the butlers who provided wash cloths, flower and a drink. Elizabeth Acosta the front desk manager made sure our room was perfect.

Our concierge was Yazmine who assisted us to complete our tour and spa reservations.

The butlers assigned to each floor were outstanding to make sure we had everything we needed in our rooms. Joel and Vincente were great, cannot remember the rest of the names but they were also great.

The towel attendants greeted us and carried our towels to the beach and set up our chairs along with an unbrella, bucket of ice and water. Our beach girls were wonderful bringing cold drinks and food, many thanks to Jeanette, Natividad, Marycarma, and Chris.

The restaurants were outstanding. The International for brakfast and lunch were outstanding. Mario and Luis were great at breakfast and lunch with attention to detail.

The Manager Marcos made special dishes for us to try at breakfast and was constantly making sure everything was outstanding. The lady cook was so pleasent and was great.

At dinner in the International, the food was delicious with crab cakes, onion soup, Surf and Turf, apple pie, followed by a Mayan coffee. Andres was suberb.

The Italian restaurant was also great with David as the manager and staff working very hard to make sure everything was perfect.

The Japanese restaurant was outstanding with Edgar as the manager. He was constanlty busy making sure everything was excellente. He also makes great bananas flambe at the table.

Overseeing all of the restaurants was the head chef Antonia. He made sure everyone had what they wanted and that the food was perfect.

When we left were were taken to the airport in the Navigator by Francisco Vargis who was very friendly making sure we arrived at the proper gate and assisting us to leave.

All of the services were wonderful from the lobby, room service,cleanliness and the freindliness of all employees with a smile on their face.

The spa is the ultimate with services to enjoy with special treatment prior to your massage.

The grounds are immaculate with pools in the front and back with excellent service.

Everything was so awesome. Thank you to the LeBlanc staff for a wonderful vacation week that you made very special.

Forrest and Becky
Palace Premiere Members

Comber, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Le Blanc in June for 9 days on our honeymoon. We had originally planned to go to Barbados but changed our mind and selected cancun. This turned out to be a fabulous decision.

Many reports on this site refer to the rooms, food and spa at the resort and rightly so they areall fabulous. The main selling point of this hotel for us were none of these things (although we enjoyed them all). What sets this hotel appart is the people that work there. From check in to checkout they where faultless. Proffesional, friendly and genuine. Every employee seemed proud to work at Le Blanc- and rightly so.

A special mention has to go to Mario and Migel our floor butlers. Both were friendly and so keen to ensure that we enjoyed every last minute of our time there. Thank you both for helping to create our perfect honeymoon.

We also enjoyed spending time Guillermo, or G as came to know him, in the Blanc stage bar on the third floor. A true gentleman who happily chatted to us a often delayed dinner by refilling our glasses!

We look forward to returning for another perfect holiday hopfully in the not to distant future.

Thanks again to everyone at Le Blanc

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lone Tree, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We were guests here in December 17-21. I am late writing this review because of mixed feelings. We have been to two other Palace Resorts and were excited to try Le Blanc as it was on our list to check out!

We went for a quick 4 night get away and I was hoping for a place we could go back again and again, unfortunately I don't think we will because of the front desk staff and how they handled our room situation.

Welcome: Average not super friendly as we checked in

The Service: The pool, the beach, as well as the restaurants were all outstanding, some of the best we ever had. They truly went above and beyond. The lifeguard at the beach was so nice he even guided us out to the sand bar and set up an umbrella for us another day! The pool/beach waitstaff was great too always making sure we had cold water, drinks and if we ordered food they would bring it out to us in a very timely manner! Also, the guests were all very nice and friendly.

Spa: Really wonderful, both of us recieved massages and both enjoyed them, also the spa itself was serene and relaxing.

Restaurants: All were very delicious the International one was very romantic, the first evening they had a saxophone playing Christmas carols. The slowest was the Orient, food was just okay here for us.

The rooms: We read on TA that we should request certain rooms away from the hallway to the elevator, we passed a few, thought we were far enough away from the elevator and were placed in an ocean front room (which was beautiful inside) directly across from the ice machine. I was worried, but we decided to make the most of it. It was horrible we did not sleep at all due to people walking by talking at the ice machine and then of course the ice maching dumping ice (there was no door on this floor to the ice machine as there was on every other floor as we later found out). The following morning we asked for a room change the young lady at the front desk was very nonchalant. She said we have ground level suite with an ocean view or a suite with a lagoon view. We love to see and hear the ocean so we chose the ocean view since we payed for that. We also asked about a room upgrade since we had the promotional dollars but non were available. We got into the room and it seemed really hot. They said it would cool off. We ran the air conditioner. My husband had to come back and keep checking the room every few hours (about 5 times), which was pretty annoying when we had limited time. It wasn't getting cooler so they sent someone to "fix" it. We assumed that it was fixed after getting ready for dinner and it was still hot we told the front desk people again, they said it was fixed and it should be cooled off when we returned from dinner. To shorten this really long story it wasn't when we returned and had to change rooms again. The girl at the desk was really annoyed. This was not our issue. We did not recieve any compensation for moving to a lagoon room (it does have a great sunset view), or hardly an apology from the staff (the third person we spoke with, a manager, finally said sorry). They also never offered to move our bags for us, we did it ourselves which was fine, but I thought it was odd being there is a butler on every floor. Since we were only there for 4 nights and we had 3 different rooms it was not very relaxing, we may have been back if they treated the situation with top service instead of attitudes. It was an opportunity lost for future business.

I loved Le Blanc's atmosphere, spa, staff (outside of the front desk), and the beach. We spent the last of our promotional dollars on a photo shoot which was a lot of fun and the pictures are so beautiful. I am still disappointed they did not do a better job handling our room situation and unfortuntely, we will not be returning. :(

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!