“Great time ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BelleVue Beach Paradise

You added BelleVue Beach Paradise to your Saves list
BelleVue Beach Paradise
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 19.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Hotetur Beach Paradise)   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #132 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Rochester, New York, United States
“Great time ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I took my girlfriend to cancun for her birthday August 9 thru August 15 and we stood at the Bellevue beach paradise for 7 days and I must say the service here at the hotel was amazing everyone was so nice and did whatever they could to make are stay better . Yes the hotel is out but for the price compared to other all inclusive resorts this was above my expectations ,especially after reading all the poor reviews on here . In my opinion you get what u pay for and we got beyond that . We would both definitely return and stay here again . And Francisco was an awesome bartender we didn't even have to ask for drinks he already knew what we were looking for and took very good care of us . Bar is well liquor so if u prefer top shelf BYOB . Thanks Bellevue staff for a great vacation we will be seeing you again soon ..

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I went for my 16th birthday which was actually 2 years ago and it was a nice, quaint place. The bar had good drinks, there was a nice karaoke, the beach was really nice (if not dangerous at times) and the food was delicious. I had a good time there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
North Providence, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My families first time at an all inclusive resort, and I do have to say this resort was not as bad as what everyone was saying. It is an old building but I think that the humidity and weather has taken a toll on it, and maybe they should just try and repaint and it would make a difference. The beach waves were very rough but beautiful. We stayed in building number 3 facing the ocean.

The room was outdated but it was spacious. Mattress was good however the pillows were not that great. The shower worked alright, but it was hard to control the water temp. Do not bring any drinks or food to the room!! We made a mistake one night and brought a drink up to the room and it did attract little bugs, and that was our fault.

Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room! The staff was constantly cleaning something or trying to fix things, whether it was inside or outside. It is hard keeping up with a lot of slobs that I saw, people should be ashamed of the things they do (i.e. purposely throwing things on the ground, cause you can't move to go to trash barrel).

Dining area's were ok, food was alright but staff made up for it! Drinks were delishhh! The Mediterraneo Restaurant, I feel is overrated. The Little Italy restaurant was amazing and Armando that works there does an exceptional job running it himself!!!

Entertainment staff (Oscar, Ray and Tavo) do an awesome job in getting people involved in the activities!!! We had a lot of laughs with them! The two nightly shows they had were ok, the karaoke night was hilarious, and the bands/singers they had were not too bad!

If you can go out to the deck at night and watch the sea turtles come in and bury their eggs. We were lucky to see 61 eggs hatch one morning and at night we were allowed to hold a baby sea turtle and set it free. A very amazing experience that we will always cherish!

All in all it wasn't a bad experience, but if anything get involved in the activities and mingle with the other guests. The staff and other guests made this trip entertaining to us, and we would return again!

Did it provide a roof over our heads? YES
Did we starve? NO
Did we have fun? YES

We didn't pay for the Ritz, we payed for the cheapest resort we found.

Room Tip: I have pictures of the sea turtles and baby sea turtles on my FB that I can show you. I will try an...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This property is struggling and perhaps because of that, also cutting corners left and right. Construction crew is constantly patching up the biggest holes and in the process closes access to areas of the property that are being worked on. The elevators are moody, and one never knows if they will stop on the selected floor. Hallways are filled with the sewage stench that somehow seems related to the level of the sea - the calmer the sea, the fresher the air. Towels, once white, are ashy gray and have rips in them. Bathroom cosmetics are of poor quality. Bring your own soap, shampoo, lotion etc. Toilet in my room got clogged on the first day and following staff's intervention, started leaking for about two days. The entrance door lock did not work. The balcony door did not lock either. Food was fresh but very boring due to limited variety. NO AC anywhere in the hotel (except for guest rooms). Their top restaurant (despite being part of the all inclusive deal) is only available for one dinner every 7 days, and the two best items on the menu - lobster and steak - are $35.00 and $20.00, respectively.
Overall, this is a stay-away-from kind of hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I booked a trip to Mexico on a whim. We live in PA and couldn't take the snow anymore. I found a deal on living social for the Bellevue. We read the reviews and were a bit sketchy going into the trip. We weren't expecting much but it was a great trip. If you are someone expecting this to be the Ritz, go elsewhere. The hotel was older and had a lot of damage from a few hurricanes we heard - the staff was constantly working on the outside of the building so they are trying to update it. When we arrived, we asked for an Ocean view and Gris took one look at her computer and accommodated us right away! We did not have a balcony but it was still very nice to wake up to the sunshine. Some people on here were complaining about the rooms but honestly, my husband and I were barely in the room. We slept, showered got dressed and were out and about. If my air conditioning did not work, I would have moved rooms but thankfully, our air was freezing. Another room issue was the shower. It was go from hot to cold. If you got it in between it was short lived.

The pool bar could be larger but the bartender works his butt off in the heat and was great. I was expecting the drinks to be weak - compared to a St. Lucia trip, these drinks were very strong. - if they weren't strong enough, ask for more alcohol. I stuck to drinking wine at night (guaranteed alcohol), gin and tonics or a margarita at the pool. Also, ask for Scooby doo shots - very good! No complaints there. Everyday they had games or sports in the pool. Everyone who played any of the sports had a great time. We met a ton of people from all over and they were as nice as could be.

Night life at the hotel was nice and relaxed. One night the hotel had trivia, karaoke and a salsa dance show. If you want to have a good time, hang out and have some drinks, it is a lot of fun. The one drawback to the inside bar was that is closes at midnight. If you are looking for a nightlife, they offer different trips and tours to the bars which were a pretty good time.

Food - ok...the food was average. There is a buffet that offers all different sorts of food. If you didn't like anything at the buffet, they had a grill where they cook chicken and other meats or fish. - always good and fresh. The Italian restaurant was pretty good. I did not care for the pizza but everything else was great especially the chef specials - my husband and I ate here 3 nights. The snack bar by the pool was ok. The chicken nuggets had a funny taste and the burgers just weren't my scene. The French fries were the best part. We didn't get a chance to eat at the Mediterranean place but we heard good things.

The beach is absolutely breathtaking. If you are looking for a fun, relaxed time and don't care too much about amenities, this place was great for the cost!

Room Tip: When you arrive, ask for an Ocean front - if it is available, they will give it to you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel view is amazing and I did not mind waking up to that view every morning. The staff was very accomodating to my needs since I had higher expectations due to have stayed at all inclusive resorts not hotels. You will get what you pay for but do not expect the quality of food to be like in some top resorts. I made the best of my trip and had an amazing time. Lots of beach volleyball...waterpolo..singing ...etc...Just get involved and you wil enjoy yourself!!!
Life is too short to complain about petty stuff...Smile and be happy!!! :) Saludossss

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Bellevue the second week of July. I read the mixed reviews before booking it and had low expectations, which were exceeded. I was looking for a nice view, beach, pool, good service, and basic food and i got what i was looking for. If you're picky and care for small details, don't stay here. Yes, the hotel needs updating, but it is very clean, including the rooms. The view from my room was amazing. Pool is not big, but it had a swim up bar. Beach was nice to sit by, but not safe to go in for non-swimmers like myself. Food was very bland. This would be my biggest complaint. It's a shame because mexico has amazing food. Selection was ok. There was only two restaurants open. Drinks never had enough licor. I got such a good deal on this booking though, that i thought of it as free food and free drinks and made the best out of it.
I would stay again if i was on a tight budget because i think it's a great value, but if I could spend a few more hundred dollars, I would stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed July 2014