My husband and I booked a trip to Mexico on a whim. We live in PA and couldn't take the snow anymore. I found a deal on living social for the Bellevue. We read the reviews and were a bit sketchy going into the trip. We weren't expecting much but it was a great trip. If you are someone expecting this to be the Ritz, go elsewhere. The hotel was older and had a lot of damage from a few hurricanes we heard - the staff was constantly working on the outside of the building so they are trying to update it. When we arrived, we asked for an Ocean view and Gris took one look at her computer and accommodated us right away! We did not have a balcony but it was still very nice to wake up to the sunshine. Some people on here were complaining about the rooms but honestly, my husband and I were barely in the room. We slept, showered got dressed and were out and about. If my air conditioning did not work, I would have moved rooms but thankfully, our air was freezing. Another room issue was the shower. It was go from hot to cold. If you got it in between it was short lived.
The pool bar could be larger but the bartender works his butt off in the heat and was great. I was expecting the drinks to be weak - compared to a St. Lucia trip, these drinks were very strong. - if they weren't strong enough, ask for more alcohol. I stuck to drinking wine at night (guaranteed alcohol), gin and tonics or a margarita at the pool. Also, ask for Scooby doo shots - very good! No complaints there. Everyday they had games or sports in the pool. Everyone who played any of the sports had a great time. We met a ton of people from all over and they were as nice as could be.
Night life at the hotel was nice and relaxed. One night the hotel had trivia, karaoke and a salsa dance show. If you want to have a good time, hang out and have some drinks, it is a lot of fun. The one drawback to the inside bar was that is closes at midnight. If you are looking for a nightlife, they offer different trips and tours to the bars which were a pretty good time.
Food - ok...the food was average. There is a buffet that offers all different sorts of food. If you didn't like anything at the buffet, they had a grill where they cook chicken and other meats or fish. - always good and fresh. The Italian restaurant was pretty good. I did not care for the pizza but everything else was great especially the chef specials - my husband and I ate here 3 nights. The snack bar by the pool was ok. The chicken nuggets had a funny taste and the burgers just weren't my scene. The French fries were the best part. We didn't get a chance to eat at the Mediterranean place but we heard good things.
The beach is absolutely breathtaking. If you are looking for a fun, relaxed time and don't care too much about amenities, this place was great for the cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Cancun, just on the beach, between the turquoise waters of the Mexican Caribbean and Nichtupe lagoon. Offering a variety of restaurants and bars, it's unbeatable for enjoying the beaches and natural surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, T4B, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BelleVue Beach Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Beach Paradise Hotel Cancun
- Hotetur Beach Paradise Cancun
- Beach Paradise Cancun
- Hotetur Beach Resort
- Hotetur Cancun