“Fun trip! Great for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BelleVue Beach Paradise

You added BelleVue Beach Paradise to your Saves list
BelleVue Beach Paradise
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 19.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Hotetur Beach Paradise)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #112 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
“Fun trip! Great for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I booked a trip to Mexico on a whim. We live in PA and couldn't take the snow anymore. I found a deal on living social for the Bellevue. We read the reviews and were a bit sketchy going into the trip. We weren't expecting much but it was a great trip. If you are someone expecting this to be the Ritz, go elsewhere. The hotel was older and had a lot of damage from a few hurricanes we heard - the staff was constantly working on the outside of the building so they are trying to update it. When we arrived, we asked for an Ocean view and Gris took one look at her computer and accommodated us right away! We did not have a balcony but it was still very nice to wake up to the sunshine. Some people on here were complaining about the rooms but honestly, my husband and I were barely in the room. We slept, showered got dressed and were out and about. If my air conditioning did not work, I would have moved rooms but thankfully, our air was freezing. Another room issue was the shower. It was go from hot to cold. If you got it in between it was short lived.

The pool bar could be larger but the bartender works his butt off in the heat and was great. I was expecting the drinks to be weak - compared to a St. Lucia trip, these drinks were very strong. - if they weren't strong enough, ask for more alcohol. I stuck to drinking wine at night (guaranteed alcohol), gin and tonics or a margarita at the pool. Also, ask for Scooby doo shots - very good! No complaints there. Everyday they had games or sports in the pool. Everyone who played any of the sports had a great time. We met a ton of people from all over and they were as nice as could be.

Night life at the hotel was nice and relaxed. One night the hotel had trivia, karaoke and a salsa dance show. If you want to have a good time, hang out and have some drinks, it is a lot of fun. The one drawback to the inside bar was that is closes at midnight. If you are looking for a nightlife, they offer different trips and tours to the bars which were a pretty good time.

Food - ok...the food was average. There is a buffet that offers all different sorts of food. If you didn't like anything at the buffet, they had a grill where they cook chicken and other meats or fish. - always good and fresh. The Italian restaurant was pretty good. I did not care for the pizza but everything else was great especially the chef specials - my husband and I ate here 3 nights. The snack bar by the pool was ok. The chicken nuggets had a funny taste and the burgers just weren't my scene. The French fries were the best part. We didn't get a chance to eat at the Mediterranean place but we heard good things.

The beach is absolutely breathtaking. If you are looking for a fun, relaxed time and don't care too much about amenities, this place was great for the cost!

Room Tip: When you arrive, ask for an Ocean front - if it is available, they will give it to you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel view is amazing and I did not mind waking up to that view every morning. The staff was very accomodating to my needs since I had higher expectations due to have stayed at all inclusive resorts not hotels. You will get what you pay for but do not expect the quality of food to be like in some top resorts. I made the best of my trip and had an amazing time. Lots of beach volleyball...waterpolo..singing ...etc...Just get involved and you wil enjoy yourself!!!
Life is too short to complain about petty stuff...Smile and be happy!!! :) Saludossss

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at Bellevue the second week of July. I read the mixed reviews before booking it and had low expectations, which were exceeded. I was looking for a nice view, beach, pool, good service, and basic food and i got what i was looking for. If you're picky and care for small details, don't stay here. Yes, the hotel needs updating, but it is very clean, including the rooms. The view from my room was amazing. Pool is not big, but it had a swim up bar. Beach was nice to sit by, but not safe to go in for non-swimmers like myself. Food was very bland. This would be my biggest complaint. It's a shame because mexico has amazing food. Selection was ok. There was only two restaurants open. Drinks never had enough licor. I got such a good deal on this booking though, that i thought of it as free food and free drinks and made the best out of it.
I would stay again if i was on a tight budget because i think it's a great value, but if I could spend a few more hundred dollars, I would stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great stay, big suites, right by the beach, central location. Great staff. Older building but it's a firm 3.5*. May need a little more updating that could make it even better. Besides that it was a good stay.

Room Tip: with a view. so worth it. you can see the whole strip if you get a view of the beach front.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

our trip was booked through a travel agent for my friend's birthday. it was 5 of us and we got a decent deal. i read the reviews beforehand and wasnt surprised when i arrived. the resort looked like it was a really nice place back in the '80s. it needs to be painted, and updated badly. i would have gladly paid more money for a better place, but again we booked through a travel agent whose idea is to get a lower rate. when we arrived our rooms were not ready but we were able to go ahead and get lunch. the food was good that day and i figured the reviews may be wrong. i spoke too soon...sadly you can tell that items left from lunch or dinner were recycled into the next meal. the food was bland and it was just enough to keep us nourished. the food on the outside bar consisted of burgers, hot dogs, fries and nachos. the pool bar provided the best drinks and do not expect familiar brands of liquor here. the staff were very nice and tried to help as much as they could. our room had a balcony and an awesome view of the gorgeous beach below. the pool was small, but we had fun and met many people from other countries enjoying the view. sleeping at night was hard only because the air conditioning could not handle the humidity. we opened our patio door but the breeze would not come in...maybe the glass balcony blocked it, but it felt better outside than in our room. we had our air on the coldest it would go but it didnt help. the tiled floors were moist from the humidity and we had to wear flip flops while in the room. we stayed gone most of the time and toured cancun by the bus. it was only $1 us, and 10 pesos to ride the bus to the tourist attractions. we converted to pesos, but staff others outside the resort preferred us dollars. i enjoyed cancun and will stay at another resort with a better selection of restaurants for food. there is also no free wifi and it is $16 a day if you wanted it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Guanajuato, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just came back last week (July 2014) and this place was great! The building is a little bit old as many people comment but you immediately forget it because they have 5 stars service, food and animators!
Don't let the bad comments fool you, the place looks just a little bit old, but it's not dirty or messy at all!
There's always food from 7am to 2am. They animators were great at the pool and they even have themed nights (disco, karaoke, mexican, etc) And I MUST tell you that food is great in this hotel! Everything is buffete-like and there are a lot of options.
The hotel is pretty much designed for families.
Amazing summer vacation! I miss Cancun!

Room Tip: Choose a room that have sea view! Even the bathroom have their own view to the beach, pretty relaxin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Place was an older building but the staff and service was 5 star. Great place for medium budget. Food was 3 stars. Great location to swim on the beach. No Ocean threats. Jelly fish or sharks no where around if your an ocean swimmer.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to BelleVue Beach Paradise? Share your experiences!