We became "owners" of a time share here about 20 years ago and to their credit, the place is fairly well kept with rooms that are acceptable for what you pay. We just came back from it last week and the experience was good.
Even though we bought the all inclusive package, we like to give a little tip to recognize good service ($5 or $10 dollars per day) and judging the waiters reaction to it, I'm sure we are some of the few that do this. Now, you may ask, why should I do it? Well, this little extra will buy you an unbelievable level of attention. They will remember your name and beverage preferences to the point of guessing when you want your next drink. Service in Mexico is normally well above average... well, this will make it beyond your dreams.
The place is small and more of a relaxing environment. Go to the Pizza place, where Ileana and Sevideo will not only give you incredible fresh, wood oven made Pizzas, but and amazing service. The view is calm and prone for a playing cards or just chatting.
Sergio and Christian are great servers at the restaurant and Pool bar and at night Amadeo will fix you great drinks at the bar.
This is not the huge thousand-room resort you normally find in Cancun and there is its magic.
1. Some rooms at the far end are noisy because of its closeness to the streets
2. The company insists on continue selling their time shares so, some days you see the restaurant swarming with sales people doing the typical tricks...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Lagoon Resort Hotel And Marina
- Sunset Lagoon Hotel Marina
- Sunset Lagoon Cancun
- Cancun Sunset Lagoon