The Positive - No question, this is a beautiful spot! Close to the airport. Very clean resort. The beach is stunning! The food is excellent, with a broad selection. Our favourite was the Italian restaurant, where they served great pasta dishes and brick oven pizza. The 'Birdmen' show in the atrium was like no other show we've ever seen at a resort. The entertainers were incredible. It was like being at a 'mini' cirque du soleil show. We were a group of 14, so we had our own little party all week, which made it 'extra' fun.
The negative - Check in was extremely slow. Several of us were not registered for some reason, therefore it took extra time for the staff to sort out rooms. Our room, (which had 2 very comfortable double beds) was unremarkable. We weren't there to spend time in the room, so we weren't too concerned about the size or dated decor. HOWEVER......We had no hot water for the first 2 days, as well as a toilet that would not flush and ran constantly. Much of the first two days of our vacation was spent trying to rectify the room problems. The staff at the hotel, did not seem overly concerned and basically told us to 'live with it'. Thankfully, the toilet did get kinda fixed, and we had hot water by the third day. We had to turn the water off on the toilet at night time, so we didn't have to listen to the water running all night, but at least it would flush.
There are lineups for 'everything'....food, drinks, bathrooms..etc. but that's what you get at large resorts. Some grumpy staff, but who can blame them? The lack of Beach/poolside chairs is another issue. Thankfully we had an early-riser in our group (6am), that would save some chairs every day, or we would have been SOL.
Overall - If the rooms were updated and in good repair, this resort would have received a better rating from me. We still had a wonderful time and enjoyed the sunshine and the company of our friends. If we were to return, we would definitely upgrade to an Ocean view room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They don't call me The Entertainer for nothing: I'm the Grandmaster of fun, hosting live concerts, festivals and shows, even themed parties - plus everyday surprises like dancers in the lobby, and comedy skits by the longest pool in Cancun. I'm a Little more exlusive than my sister resort, Oasis Cancun, with extra amenities to make you feel special. I throw great parties with my famous friends, and get a Little naughty after-hours with my Late-Night Kinky Burlesque Cabaret. I'm hip, happening and high-class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Oasis Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Cancun
- Cancun Oasis
- Oasis Grand Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Reviews
- Grand Oasis Resort Cancun
- Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel
- Oasis Hotel Cancun Mexico