“The fresh juice at the lobby was just my thing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Cancun to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 16.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #89 of 175 hotels in Cancun
San Antonio
“The fresh juice at the lobby was just my thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just thought to write a few words about Grand Oasis. Food was just beautiful and staff were great. Our room had an amazing view and the front desk were so kind to provide us with late check out on our last day. we stayed for 7 nights /8 days and we will consider going back. Thanks Grand Oasis for everything.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Grand Cancun 11/09/12 to 11/17/12. This resort is huge. The pool is huge, so if you don't feel like partying you can go on the other side of resort with the same great pool and quietness. Beach front was huge and beautiful with options of beds, or chairs. We stayed in the pyramid, if you want a nice beach front view they Will put you on the other buildings. The room wasn't anything great but everything else made up for it, the pyramid has a jungle type garden which is breath taking as you walk in. Make sure you pay for the highest all inclusive, you Will get the black wrist band and can go to any bar or restaurant. Its worth it, we got to eat at this Italian restaurant but received a Brazilian type steak house option. 10 different meats sliced right in front of you at the table, it was awesome. The hotel provides a lot of entertainment, small funny shows around the pool, the pyramid has a awesome show at 8pm every night. The show takes place right in the middle. Over all the food was great, I love sushi so we loved the sushi restaurant the pool rocked, hotel room needs work the beach was great. 4 Stars for this resort. This was my 3rd time to Cancun and by far best resort I have stayed at so far.

• Stayed November 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just returned from a week long stay at the Grand Oasis in Cancun, Mexico though Sunwing via Calgary, Canada where myself and two close friends had booked the “Sens VIP room package” this was suppose to include: a Gold wristband, newly renovated ocean view double bedroom, ocean view single bedroom, express VIP check in/out, 24hr Room service, Daily stocked mini bar and VIP sens amenities (which essentially ended up being a coupon book for 10% off any service you need to pay for at any Oasis resort and a daily fruit basket… woo awesome…) So we arrived at the hotel around 630pm where we saw 3 lines for check in.. Only one of which was open… so we made our way to a desk just off to the side of the Lobby that read Oasis plus and asked where the “sens VIP express check in was” the guy gave us a weird look and asked another employee which in turn asked another employee who then looked at a sheet of paper and directed us to the back of the only open check in line, we tried to explain to them again showing them our flight/hotel itinerary which clearly said “Sens VIP” but they just shrugged it off and put us back in the line… after an hour of waiting and actually watching an older couple rushed through the line (mind blown) we finally made it to the front checked in, got our wristband and made our way to our room’s… We opened the door and we had a single… sweet… so back down we went asked the front desk to correct our room then after the girl went into the back for 10min came back out and told us there were no double bedrooms left in the sens category (which is pretty hard to believe since its low season but hey whatever) but there would be one available the next morning and to come back at 9am and they’d be happy to switch it for us… long story short we went back 3 mornings in a row to the same response we finally gave up and never got our proper room. Happy to say though after the whole room fiasco the rest of our stay was pretty nice the buffet in Market Place was always really good and the view while you ate breakfast was phenomenal we also hit up Dos Lunas for Italian again awesome and COCOA the seafood lunch restaurant a few time’s yes this was again awesome and the view of the ocean and beach was amazing! On to the pool! The pool was broken up into 4 sections and when I read that it was 1/4mile long I assumed you be able to swim the full length but there are parts where you have to get out walk around and get back in (I don’t understand why they’d do that but it really wasn’t too big of a deal for us) the first section in the pool is a shallow kiddy pool followed by the second section which was the party area where they would have loud music pumping all day, the first of 2 swim up bars, a couple games, pool aerobics, water polo and water volleyball. The third section was a quiet relaxing area with cushioned seats, shaded and non shaded areas and a prime view of the ocean/beach. The forth and final area was a quieter swim up bar where you could bring down your own music relax grabs some drinks and toss the foot ball around (this is where we spent most of our time since I heard enough of the top 40 songs when we went to the disco’s at night). For Nightlife the Grand Oasis has a few on site disco’s that stay open until midnight (for supposedly the ultimate party resort the place is completely shut down by midnight) the two disco’s were Kinky: kind of a burlesque show atmosphere and Coyote Loco: essentially a Coyote Ugly bar both very small but they had a couple cool shows early in the nights before you make your way to the larger bars off site. Now with the larger bars if you go with the resort you’re only going to have the option of: the City, Cabana Beach Club and Mandala on any given night we asked why and found out that the owners of these clubs merged with Oasis Resorts so you no longer have the option of Coco Bongo, Daddy O’s or any other disco unless you go through your travel rep or by yourself this was kind of disappointing but we just swapped between going through Sunwing and going through the Entertainment staff! I think that covers most of it if you want any more info feel free to message me directly.

TLDR:
Check In – worst check in service I’ve ever experienced!
Front Desk – Unhelpful and Not knowledgeable about anything… (the one wasn’t even aware there was an entertainment staff!)
SensVIP package – don’t bother! You don’t get the express VIP check in and that really all we got it for…
Rooms – meh… Clean but rather small even in the top end rooms. (good enough)
Mini Bar – 2 Beers 2 pops 2 waters (nothing special here)
Room Service – Burger or pasta (tasted good but I was drunk and there might be more but I normally ordered around 4am)
Buffet – Market place was always really good the views great in the morning too!
COCOA – seafood lunch restaurant (this was my favorite) you get to each lunch with an outstanding view on the ocean!
Dos Lunas – Great Italian (for mexico)
Pools – 1/4mile long but not continuous 4 area’s Kiddy – Party – Quite – Chill
Nightlife – resort is dead at midnight. Onsite bars are small but fun with little shows. The resort only goes to 3 bars (the City, Mandalla and Cabana beach club) but the entertainment staff were all pretty big beauties and it’s always a good time I mean it is Cancun!
Miscellaneous – Bulldog Café is closed it’s under renovation and will open under a new name for new years. Cabana Beach Club is about to be renovated as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed on Grand Oasis Palm, which I loved, specially the food. Everything was great. Nice employees, clean place, and good food. The only downward of my trip was that one day we got a paper in the room saying that we had a gift to pick up in the reception, once we got there there was a lady on a desk next to the reception and she convinced us to go to a meeting, they say it is not Time Share, but it is something alike. The people from this meeting were very convincing in trying to sell "20,000 points" to use towards reservations on these hotels, saying how cheaper it would be to stay in the hotel, my husband ended up paying over $10,000 for this membership.
Conclusion: I recently decided to go back to Cancun and contacted those people to make a reservation, they stay in a room on Grand oasis Sens, first it was hard to contact them, then the hotel sort of pretend don't really know what the "membership" people are about, when I finally got in touch with them, and I asked how much would cost me one week in the standard room on Grand Oasis Palm, just paying for the food would cost me $940 for two adults one week plus 86 points per night, ( remember, each point cost me about $0.50)so that would be 602 points, which cost me about $300, at the end one week in the hotel for two adults would actually cost me $1,240 ( and that was a “great deal). Now, if anyone goes to the hotel website and makes a reservation, in my case for the same date and number of nights, the total cost was $1,140. Now I am disputing with my credit card to get the money back from this membership, which they want to charge me over $2,000 to cancel.
It makes me sad that the hotel managers and owners give permission to this kind of dishonest people to steal money from their customers. Now I have to deal with trying to get my money back. Be very careful.

Spa is way to expensive, not worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Delanson, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Breakfast - If you are a breakfast eater than you definitely need to upgrade to Sans or Grand ... if you have Oasis Cancun expect to eat breakfast at the same place every day .... it reminds me of a campus dining hall. Line out the door, service is non-existent, linens were dirty and the food was not good.

Dinner - Make reservations every day for the following day otherwise you get average service in an average setting ... dinner reservations give you much better service and meal options.

Rooms - average but relatively clean throughout the resort. We avoided having our room cleaned during our stay because we were nervous about theft.

Grounds - clean and plenty of places to sit in the sun or shade. The central spot and major partying (loud music, young people, games, etc.) can easily be avoided if you want quiet and relaxing. The bars are throughout the property and drinks were good.

Shows - very good and plenty of variety throughout the 5 days we were there. You really don't need to leave the resort.

Worst part - check in process is a complete joke ... waited in line for about an hour to find our room was note ready so they gave us our bracelets and we grabbed something to eat. When we returned to the desk to get our room key we had to wait in the line AGAIN only to have them hand us an envelope with our keys in it. This place need some serious process improvement!

Room Tip: Oceanview is definitely recommended
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friends and I recently went to a destination wedding in Cancun at the Le Blanc Resort (fantastic 5 star resort!!). Due to hurricane Sandy our flight was cancelled and we were stuck in Cancun for an additional 3 nights. Eight of us switched resorts because although Le Blanc Resort is probably the best resort in Cancun, it is pricey at about $600/night. We decided to go to the Grand Oasis in Cancun. It was a huge mistake!!!!

Although the Grand Oasis was less expensive at about $190/couple/night it was one of the WORST experiences we have ever had on any vacation(we travel frequently).

The front desk staff was not only incompetent but also rude and nasty with most of the guests. The check in process took about 1.5 hours. Unacceptable!!!! There were other guests arguing with the staff to the point that the police were called to try to resolve the situation.

The room was disgusting!!! The toilet was leaking. There was a terrible moldy smell in the room. There were 2 large roaches walking on the bathroom floor. The sheets were dirty. The staff was uncooperative and rude when we asked to switch rooms.

The food was also terrible! Would not even serve some of the food they gave us to starving pigs in a trough. It's an absolute disgrace to have a resort like this in such a beautiful coast line like Cancun.

Some of us left the resort. My friend check out after 3 hours.

If you like to stay at resorts that are clean, roach free, have a competent and friendly staff, good food and good service, DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND OASIS. It is guaranteed to ruin your vacation!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

just returned from the best 14 days ever, couldnt fault any single thing,
the whole experience was wonderful, weather great,food second to none.

Found the staff to be more than just helpful & friendly they wereso much more.
perticularly 2 super people i would now consider friends, Sylvia the only female bar tender & her co worker the smiling funny Rhuben,

I miss them already Sylvia mostly as she hurt her finger and waf off sick on our last day

Room Tip: Our room was perfect
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!