“Average but worth what you pay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Cancun to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 16.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Offer
HOT Rates up to50 % Off!
Ranked #89 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Delanson, New York
“Average but worth what you pay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Breakfast - If you are a breakfast eater than you definitely need to upgrade to Sans or Grand ... if you have Oasis Cancun expect to eat breakfast at the same place every day .... it reminds me of a campus dining hall. Line out the door, service is non-existent, linens were dirty and the food was not good.

Dinner - Make reservations every day for the following day otherwise you get average service in an average setting ... dinner reservations give you much better service and meal options.

Rooms - average but relatively clean throughout the resort. We avoided having our room cleaned during our stay because we were nervous about theft.

Grounds - clean and plenty of places to sit in the sun or shade. The central spot and major partying (loud music, young people, games, etc.) can easily be avoided if you want quiet and relaxing. The bars are throughout the property and drinks were good.

Shows - very good and plenty of variety throughout the 5 days we were there. You really don't need to leave the resort.

Worst part - check in process is a complete joke ... waited in line for about an hour to find our room was note ready so they gave us our bracelets and we grabbed something to eat. When we returned to the desk to get our room key we had to wait in the line AGAIN only to have them hand us an envelope with our keys in it. This place need some serious process improvement!

Room Tip: Oceanview is definitely recommended
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

2,188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Polish first
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friends and I recently went to a destination wedding in Cancun at the Le Blanc Resort (fantastic 5 star resort!!). Due to hurricane Sandy our flight was cancelled and we were stuck in Cancun for an additional 3 nights. Eight of us switched resorts because although Le Blanc Resort is probably the best resort in Cancun, it is pricey at about $600/night. We decided to go to the Grand Oasis in Cancun. It was a huge mistake!!!!

Although the Grand Oasis was less expensive at about $190/couple/night it was one of the WORST experiences we have ever had on any vacation(we travel frequently).

The front desk staff was not only incompetent but also rude and nasty with most of the guests. The check in process took about 1.5 hours. Unacceptable!!!! There were other guests arguing with the staff to the point that the police were called to try to resolve the situation.

The room was disgusting!!! The toilet was leaking. There was a terrible moldy smell in the room. There were 2 large roaches walking on the bathroom floor. The sheets were dirty. The staff was uncooperative and rude when we asked to switch rooms.

The food was also terrible! Would not even serve some of the food they gave us to starving pigs in a trough. It's an absolute disgrace to have a resort like this in such a beautiful coast line like Cancun.

Some of us left the resort. My friend check out after 3 hours.

If you like to stay at resorts that are clean, roach free, have a competent and friendly staff, good food and good service, DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND OASIS. It is guaranteed to ruin your vacation!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

just returned from the best 14 days ever, couldnt fault any single thing,
the whole experience was wonderful, weather great,food second to none.

Found the staff to be more than just helpful & friendly they wereso much more.
perticularly 2 super people i would now consider friends, Sylvia the only female bar tender & her co worker the smiling funny Rhuben,

I miss them already Sylvia mostly as she hurt her finger and waf off sick on our last day

Room Tip: Our room was perfect
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kearny, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Better late then never I always say. Me and a couple of the guys came here the last week of August for 6 nights 7 Days in 2006. Normally they say not to go to Mexico around the end of August and beginning of Sept due to hurricane season but it was dry and humid throughout the time we were there. I'm not sure what the resort is like now but when I was there it was alcohol and food galore. We had over 10 restaurants to choose from - some buffet and others a'la cart. Overrall the experience was a good one and we couldn't beat the price. Back then we paid $680 a person for flight and hotel from Jersey to Cancun with only three guys in each room, not a bad deal. The only complaint I have are the annoying peacocks bothering us at the buffets in the morning.

Room Tip: This hotel is no where near the nightlife in downtown Cancun. You can walk it but it can take about...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Grantsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Grand Oasis. We could hear the ocean from our room, the view was breathtaking. The staff was friendly and always smiled at us. There were always people cleaning so everything looked spotless. I loved the damp aromatherapy washrags to wipe my hands and face when I came in from the beach. I also enjoyed the fresh juice in the lobby.
We were told that included with the all-inclusive package was paddle boats. I can't rememer the name of the place, but we walked there to ride paddle boats in the lagoon and were told they were no longer included. Other than that, our stay was wonderful.
We spent most of our time on the beach. We enjoyed the shows and dinner. Spring Breakers were kept on the opposite side so we could still enjoy the quiet beach.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm going to break this review down.
Hotel- We stayed at the main hotel. Absolutely beautiful from the minute you walk in. It was like walking into a rain forest. The grounds around the hotel are just as beautiful.
Staff- For the most part the staff was great. I had one issue. I wanted to use the computer in the business center. I paid for my time, went down to get on a computer. Couldn't get signed on. I went back to the desk, they sent me over to another desk, that desk sent me to another desk. I finally gave up and went and got my money back.
Food-Lots of restaurants to choose from. Some were good some were bad. The breakfast buffet at Market Place was the best.
Rooms-We had a view of the ocean. It was GREAT! Rooms were very clean. If we needed something we got it right a way.
They do have a few shows, maybe during high season they have more. The one show we did see was in the main lobby and it was AMAZING!!!! It is a must see. We did see the burlesque show, we ended up leaving. It started out good and then got really boring.
We arrived on a Tuesday, we had almost the whole hotel to ourselves, then Thursday came and the place filled up. It almost seemed like it was spring break. Had no problems getting chairs at the pool, but we did have a hard time getting them on the beach once people started arriving.
I really liked this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked the vacation for Rivera Maya, but due to that hotel being under renovation, we were sent to this hotel. We had booked two rooms, but one of our traveling members could not go, when we arrived on site, we asked for a King Suite. The staff was friendly and allowed us to scope out a couple of rooms before we agreed on the suite. We picked a nice suite overlooking the golf course (we could see the ocean) and we were not charged. There were some minor issues, but maintenance crews came up immediately to resolve them. Besides the bathroom having a slight smell similar to sewage, the room was nice and room service friendly and accommodating. We frequented the VIP club for drinks and enjoyed the bartenders Rueben and Sylvia who were exceptionally wonderful. The marketplace was perfect for breakfast as the buffet was different each day. The view was outstanding overlooking the crystal blue ocean. It was a perfect retreat for the money and would go back again. We booked through Cheap Caribbean.

Room Tip: We had the king suite on the 5th floor, overlooking the golf course. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!