“Best holiday ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Cancun

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Cancun to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 16.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #89 of 172 hotels in Cancun
United Kingdom
“Best holiday ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

just returned from the best 14 days ever, couldnt fault any single thing,
the whole experience was wonderful, weather great,food second to none.

Found the staff to be more than just helpful & friendly they wereso much more.
perticularly 2 super people i would now consider friends, Sylvia the only female bar tender & her co worker the smiling funny Rhuben,

I miss them already Sylvia mostly as she hurt her finger and waf off sick on our last day

Room Tip: Our room was perfect
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

2,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Polish first
Kearny, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Better late then never I always say. Me and a couple of the guys came here the last week of August for 6 nights 7 Days in 2006. Normally they say not to go to Mexico around the end of August and beginning of Sept due to hurricane season but it was dry and humid throughout the time we were there. I'm not sure what the resort is like now but when I was there it was alcohol and food galore. We had over 10 restaurants to choose from - some buffet and others a'la cart. Overrall the experience was a good one and we couldn't beat the price. Back then we paid $680 a person for flight and hotel from Jersey to Cancun with only three guys in each room, not a bad deal. The only complaint I have are the annoying peacocks bothering us at the buffets in the morning.

Room Tip: This hotel is no where near the nightlife in downtown Cancun. You can walk it but it can take about...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Grantsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Grand Oasis. We could hear the ocean from our room, the view was breathtaking. The staff was friendly and always smiled at us. There were always people cleaning so everything looked spotless. I loved the damp aromatherapy washrags to wipe my hands and face when I came in from the beach. I also enjoyed the fresh juice in the lobby.
We were told that included with the all-inclusive package was paddle boats. I can't rememer the name of the place, but we walked there to ride paddle boats in the lagoon and were told they were no longer included. Other than that, our stay was wonderful.
We spent most of our time on the beach. We enjoyed the shows and dinner. Spring Breakers were kept on the opposite side so we could still enjoy the quiet beach.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm going to break this review down.
Hotel- We stayed at the main hotel. Absolutely beautiful from the minute you walk in. It was like walking into a rain forest. The grounds around the hotel are just as beautiful.
Staff- For the most part the staff was great. I had one issue. I wanted to use the computer in the business center. I paid for my time, went down to get on a computer. Couldn't get signed on. I went back to the desk, they sent me over to another desk, that desk sent me to another desk. I finally gave up and went and got my money back.
Food-Lots of restaurants to choose from. Some were good some were bad. The breakfast buffet at Market Place was the best.
Rooms-We had a view of the ocean. It was GREAT! Rooms were very clean. If we needed something we got it right a way.
They do have a few shows, maybe during high season they have more. The one show we did see was in the main lobby and it was AMAZING!!!! It is a must see. We did see the burlesque show, we ended up leaving. It started out good and then got really boring.
We arrived on a Tuesday, we had almost the whole hotel to ourselves, then Thursday came and the place filled up. It almost seemed like it was spring break. Had no problems getting chairs at the pool, but we did have a hard time getting them on the beach once people started arriving.
I really liked this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked the vacation for Rivera Maya, but due to that hotel being under renovation, we were sent to this hotel. We had booked two rooms, but one of our traveling members could not go, when we arrived on site, we asked for a King Suite. The staff was friendly and allowed us to scope out a couple of rooms before we agreed on the suite. We picked a nice suite overlooking the golf course (we could see the ocean) and we were not charged. There were some minor issues, but maintenance crews came up immediately to resolve them. Besides the bathroom having a slight smell similar to sewage, the room was nice and room service friendly and accommodating. We frequented the VIP club for drinks and enjoyed the bartenders Rueben and Sylvia who were exceptionally wonderful. The marketplace was perfect for breakfast as the buffet was different each day. The view was outstanding overlooking the crystal blue ocean. It was a perfect retreat for the money and would go back again. We booked through Cheap Caribbean.

Room Tip: We had the king suite on the 5th floor, overlooking the golf course. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Rooms flood when it rains. It happened to me and the attendance was poor. It took over three hours to provide relief. I had to beg for help and I lost a day of tour. During checkout I registered complaint but got no answer. I've sent four emails but the hotel did not answer any. If you don't want to dive into your own room, don't to the oasis cancun.

Room Tip: there is no tip, the tip is to find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Grand Oasis Cancun in Mexico. Unfortunately, our stay was miles short of an ‘oasis’.

When we checked into our room, we immediately noticed that our toilet was not flushing correctly. It looked as though it was clogged and the water would rise and then slowly drain down, but not brining anything down with it. I called down to the front desk to let them know there was an issue, asking for a plunger or for someone to come up and fix it while we were out to dinner.
That evening we arrived back to our room and realized no one had come to fix our toilet. The next morning, I called down to the front desk letting them know that our toilet was clogged and asked for someone to come fix it. Throughout the day we stopped up to our room a few times and, in total, ended up calling down to the front desk 3 times that day. No one seemed to see the urgency of the issue. The next evening before dinner, we became furious that we could not use our own bathroom and that we had to walk all the way down to the first floor lobby to use the restroom. So, I personally spoke with someone at the front desk regarding the issue. The man at the front desk filled out a request right in front of us, so we hoped the issue would finally be resolved.

Late that evening, we returned to our guest room. What we came back to was not only a nightmare, but indescribably the worst experience I have ever had in my 27 years of traveling. Our whole entire room was flooded with water. The toilet had started running on its own and overflowed. The water was all over the bathroom, in the closet, under the bed, and all the way to the balcony. We frantically grabbed all of our soaked shoes, swim suits, clothes and luggage that were all drenched in disgusting feces and urine filled sewage.

As you can imagine, we were beyond livid. It is not only that the problem could have been resolved right away when we arrived, but it was not until the entire room flooded, and all of our belongings were ruined, that anyone paid any attention to this issue. Unfortunately, the complete lack of competency of Grand Oasis Cancun’s staff did not end there.
We received the most disrespectful customer service we have ever experienced. We received no apology for the matter and were told that the manager was too busy to talk to us (it was 1:00am by this time) and to come back tomorrow after we had gotten some sleep and eaten breakfast. We complied, as we were given no choice.

I spoke with a manager in the early afternoon and she proceeded to tell me that it was my fault for putting too much toilet paper in the toilet. Clearly, that wasn’t the issue since we never were able to use the toilet! I felt so disrespected at this time. All we wanted was a little understanding and respect and we weren’t given the time of day. It was a terrible customer service experience yet again.
We hoped that the hotel management would apologize and do something to make the situation right. But no, they had absolutely no desire for us to walk away pleased.
The day of our departure, we asked for a manager once again to get this problem resolved once and for all. At this point, we demanded our money back for our stay and in return were handed an email address to file a formal complaint.

Once we were back in the states I proceeded to go back in forth for FOUR months with Janice Brockmeyer, Director of Group Sales - TravAmerica representing Oasis Hotels & Resorts, Cancun. She, also did absolutely nothing to resolve this issue!

Our night was wasted switching rooms, our vacation was wasted dealing with rude and incompetent hotel staff and packing up our sewage-soaked belongings. Our stay was wasted trying to deal with this ‘simple’ issue. Hundreds of dollars worth of luggage, clothes and shoes were wasted and ruined. In addition to the tangible losses, we wasted our priceless vacation time and we are very happy that we did not get sick from cleaning up feces and urine soaked items.

And on top of that ... the food was disgusting, I don't think we received one meal that we were satisfied with. And we really don't have high expectations! I have never experienced such a terrible hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!