“Great location, wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

You added Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites to your Saves list
Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km.8.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #76 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Great location, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

5 of us were attending an event at the Cancun Convention Center earlier this month. Rather than staying at one of the hotels that was offering a conference rate, we booked a 3 bedroom suite at the Kin Ha Villas & Suites and we could not have been happier with our choice. The rate for this suite was considerably less than for three hotel rooms at one of the impersonal hotels up the road -- and some of those hotels received less than positive reviews from our jealous colleagues who stayed there. The suite was spacious, clean, and quiet. The staff was polite, efficient, and professional without ever being obtrusive. It was an easy 10 minute walk to the convention center -- or we could cross the street and catch one of the frequent busses and be there in less than two minutes. Our rate included the breakfast buffet. We would highly recommend it to others -- plenty of appetizing and delicious food, including fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, bread, hot entrees, and eggs and quesadillas cooked to order. The hotel has a large, clean pool and is located on an attractive beach. If you have a suite with a refrigerator, there's a supermarket to stock it, right across the street. If you're looking for a less "hotelly" experience in a relaxed, comfortable, and friendly environment, we highly recommend it.

Note: The only thing that kept the hotel from being the perfect "business" hotel is that wireless internet, although free, does not reach the rooms; it's only available in the lobby and near the pool.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I stayed at the Kin-ha for a week while attending a conference in one of the 4/5 star hotels further up the road in the hotel zone. Boy was i pleased i had booked there...The Cancun hotel zone can be described as 'Las Vegas on sea': full of modern, luxurious, lavish and enormous 4 star hotels that could be anywhere unless you happen to look outside and see the gorgeous sea and pool complexes. The Kin-ha is on a much more 'human' scale...It is a smallish complex of three-storey buildings that are mostly built around the pool, with the communal lounge and breakfast area in the main building with open sides giving on the pool and gardens. You could be on your balcony one minute and in the sea the next so very much feel like you are staying in a holiday hotel...I would thoroughly recommend spending the few extra pounds/dollars to book a 1 bedroom apartment with ocean view, even if you are not intending to cook. The 1 bed apartments are really spacious with a large lounge, dining area, kitchen as well as two large balconies and a large bedroom. The best ocean views are probably from blocks 2 and 5; it would be galling to come to such a beautiful coast and to have a balcony giving on the road or neighboring hotel. The rooms were very clean and much more modern than i expected. The breakfasts (complimentary on many of the hotel's internet deals) were delicious and the staff very helpful. We also ate very well one evening in the hotel restaurant which is right on the beach. Overall, I was much happier there than i would have been at the 5 star hotel up the road, which is saying something (although if you like luxury and high rises, this is probably not for you...i don't...). It was very hard to leave...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Merida, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Be careful at the restaurante. There are 2 waiters at the buffet morning breakfast. The breakfast is included with the hotel price. But the waiters told us to move because there were people waiting. YOU CANT BE FOR MORE THAN 30 MINUTES !!!!
We wrote a letter to the manager telling about this incident. I hope he will write it and do something about these people.
The restaurante for dinning might have more to choose (sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, quesadillas, etc)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I booked this hotel online and was not dissappointed. It was a great hotel with awesome views and the best beach in cancun. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very simple but you won't be spending much time there. There is so much to do in Cancun. I can't say enough good things about the hotel dinner restaurant. The bus stops in front of the hotel for 8.50 pesos, taxis are 100-150.00 pesos. I will definitely stay here again. No elevators here so try to get a first floor room if you have difficulty climbing steps. I highly recommend the day trip to Isla Mujeris through Albatros. The staff will entertain you like no other. The snorkeling was awesome. Don't even bother going to the Flamingo Mall or the Flea Market, they sell cheap crap made in China and are very aggressive. I pretended I was on my cell phone so they would shut up (I heard a lot of people complaining about them). You can find the exact same thing at the local Wal Mart . The Forum Mall has the best night club, a Hard Rock Cafe, Starbucks, Harley Davidson store, and of course more souvenier shops. They have a luxury mall with Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and other high end shops with high end prices, no deals here. You can find Chanel, Gucci, Boss, Izod, Guess, Ralph Lauren, etc. at the airport with really good prices. Be prepared for a cattle call experience at the airport when you leave. Have fun.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel (Condos) are located withing walking distance to almost everything and the beach in my opinion is the best beach in the area. The staff it's cordial and helpful. The breakfast would keep us going pass lunch time :) . Right across the street there is a small supermarket where you can buy almost everything and take it back to your room and prepare it in the kitchen. I am already planning my vacation to go back to this place. I would definitely will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a good time without spending too much.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
oxnard, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

The Good: Location, Price, Pool, Beach (well, the beach just "ok", you can't go as far as I'd have liked to...I think the pool was deeper), and the breakfast- we chose the breakfast package- good made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, buffet style options.

The Bad: They have 4 floors and no elevators, there is only one laundry room with one washing and one drying machine, if you want ice, you have to walk out to the restaurant at the beach to ask the waiter for ice; the hotel needs some upgrading.

The Ugly: My husband and I booked a standard room and upon our arrival, the front desk person told us they ran out of standard's and so they set us up in a studio, which included a refrigerator, sink and table. As soon as we got there, the room smelled very damp and moldy and there was a huge puddle of water on the ground which was leaking from a toilet pipe. They said they'd fix it, so a maintenance guy came.Thankfully, we were there with friends and were able to shower in their room while our room was getting fixed.

We went out to town, had dinner and when we came back to our room, another puddle of water had appeared. By this time, about 10:30 pm we were tired and wanted to sleep. We called the front desk and said the problem was still present with the toilet and asked for a new room. They said there weren't any available. So they sent a maintenance man and we told him that we really wanted a new room so that they could take as much time as they needed.

FINALLY, an hour later, we got a new room, a STANDARD ROOM, and we hauled our luggage up four floors (no elevators). The standard room was nicer than the studio- I kid you not. The damp smell wasn't really there and the bathroom was bigger and nicer. No rooms available??? Whatever.

We couldn't believe that we, as customers, were lied to and made to wait and put up with a leaky bathroom until they decided that there was another room available for us. We'd rather spend a little more money for better service.

Based on this experience, I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I was skeptical about this hotel, I booked thru Internet and the price was really awesome. When I arrived I was marvelled about this place, it's right on the best beach of cancún, with a nice pool and nice rooms. I arrived three hours before the check in time and they allowed me to use a room to change into my beach clothes and took care of my luggage until my room was ready, the same happened at the checkout, I was due to the airport two hours after the check out, and they let me use the pool and beach facilities, and use an extra room to take a shower and change before going to the airport.

On the third day I had a problem in my room (some strange smell) and they changed me to a better room. The only thing this hotel is missing is WiFi on the rooms (they have WiFi on the lobby, pool and beach area) and some snack bar.

All the personell was really nice and tried to care for all my needs.

If you are not looking for an all-inclusive or luxury hotel to stay, this may be one of the best choices.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo