“Max-Bang 4 Buck!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
California
“Max-Bang 4 Buck!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed 10 days, but this place continued to be awesome day after day. If you stay here, please-please-please include the breakfast for your room! No only was it “Awesome!” but cost-effective….you won’t need to eat lunch or until the late afternoon…It’s just that good. The property is kept very clean and the employees are very friendly, polite and attentive to your needs as a guest. The beach, albeit shallow….is breathtakingly beautiful. The location is just a walk away from “the happening spots” and restaurants. The cheap local bus, if that’s your thing, stops right out front and goes to “Walmart” for supplies or downtown Cancun for a bus connection down to Playa del Carmen, or the $17.00 ferry over to “Isla Mujeres” or anywhere along the strip. If you get a rentacar at the airport when you arrive, the hotel has “free” parking. The hotel is perfect for persons with disabilities {despite what other reviewers think} there are ramps in a few spots all around the first floor. All sidewalks lead to the pool and beach without any steps. If you want any tips feel free to email me at wrightersbloc@yahoo.com

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

My wife , my sister in-law, my friend and I stayed at the Ambiance at one of the two bedroom villas with a kitchen. We rented though a private owner. We stayed in room 4408 and 4409. The resort itself was very peaceful and tranquil. The beach was awesome. It was by far the best beach around. I walked all the way down to the FAGC beach and the dreams and their beach was much smaller, rocky and choppy water. The Ambiance had plenty of beach chairs and palapas. All the rooms have HUGE balconies. It was in no way luxurious but it was very comfortable and inviting. If you want to come to Cancun and relax and not spend a lot of money then the Ambiance is for you. It was located a 5min ride from downtown Cancun and a two minute bus ride or 10min walk to all the clubs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Best Beach for kids...my 11 year old twins could swim unaccompanied since the beach is so calm and peaceful. There was no one there and there were more staff than guests. We prepaid for a one bedroom suite with breakast for the four of us each day for $58 a night. It was too cheap...hard to beleive but true. Combine this with the $79 Airtran tickets and it was too cheap to stay home. The only drawback is that there were no tourists so all the locals were pretty desperate for business and you get lots of come ons. Weather was great too....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Panama & Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Ok, here's the scoop: Fantastic shallow and calm beach great for kids and families, great breakfast (include it in your room rate!), good price (if you're on a budget), central location for nightlife, free wireless internet, even on the beach (with your own laptop)!!!, great for young people as all rooms are two doubles. Not so good; Motel 6 style very basic rooms, WITHOUT fridge (unless you opt for an apartment), no king/queen beds, horrible mattresses, lots of screaming kids, tacky beach entertainment at neighbor hotels, no elevator, noisy street outside. We had to change rooms due to horrible musk smell in room from AC. Would only stay there again for the great beach. And remember, EVERYBODY is friendly in Cancun to the tourists, so no reason to pick this hotel for those comments! In short, budget minded and/or group/family, great place! Romantic or a special occasion/upscale, don't choose this one!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester,Ct.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We have stayed at the ambiance for severals years now, the beach is the best. The staff is always there to help you, especially Manuel at the reception desk. As for the H1n1, there were no signs of it in Cancun.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

We were looking for a cheapish Hotel in a central location. Well were we surprised!! Ambiance Villas was certainly not too expensive and it is ideally located but the bonus is that it was far better than we would have ever expected.

The pool area and beach are simply superb. The rooms are clean, and all equipment AC etc is perfectly adequate and functional. The beach restaurant while not necessarily 5 star served up very acceptable food and drinks. Breakfast again was not perhaps 5 star but it was all you would need.

The big plus we thought were the staff. They simply could not do enough for you. They were friendly, helpful, polite and courteous from the bell hop to the manager.

And the beach, I know I mentioned it already, but I gotta say it must be the best stretch of beach in Cancun and the beach loungers and brollies were all tip top. The beach facilities like jet bikes, yacht trips, fishing trips etc were also great value.

We cant wait to go back and are planning a Christmas trip.

Ooh ... I forgot to mention we also got a free room upgrade.

email me at denis.robinson7@ntlworld if you have a question.

Denis and Christine - Room 2208

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I read the reviews for this hotel and decided to book it. I booked a one bedroom ( 2 bed ) with buffet included and at the last minute my sister decided to join us. They allowed her to stay in the room and brought a cot. There were five of us in this room. I was very pleased; I really didn't want to pay the difference between the one bedroom and two.
I have a 7 year old daughter and didn't want a rough beach. This hotel has truly a wonderful and calm beach. Powder white sands and crystal clear water that is safe for children and is not too deep to tread. Some of the hotels have lost their beach due to the hurricane several years ago. This hotel was protected in a smaller cove and to me was worth every penny.
I'm happy I booked the buffet included. It was nice to wake up to a plentiful buffet with a lot of selections and enjoy the meal next to the pool and ocean. All of the staff was very pleasant to deal with and extremely helpful. You could walk to the middle of " the action " or take a bus to " Mercado 28" downtown. My favorite was to enjoy appetizers, coffee or a meal in their beach side restaurant as you went back and forth from the ocean or pool to join your family at your table; my seven year old daughter particularly liked this benefit. Their prices are very reasonable in comparison to the rest of the area including hotel restaurants.
I did not book a tour from our hotel. I walked on the beach to the tour hut from Fiesta Americana Hotel and booked snorkeling at Aqua World and a private snorkel trip on a small boat the day before we left. I talked them down to $80.00 for five of us and I loved every minute of this trip. I prefer small, non crowded tours just as I prefer more "typical", less commercial ( non-chain) locations.
The hotel was very clean, well kept and not luxurious. My husband loved the shower and our room faced the pool and ocean. This was the only request I asked for when I booked the hotel and I'm glad I did this. My sister used her computer from the open lobby and it worked very well. There is no connection from the third floor. There are no elevators that I saw so be prepared if you have a hard time climbing stairs. However, it has only three floors and 150 rooms so it is not a huge feat.
It has a work out room that overlooks the beach and my husband took advantage of this facility. It has a small hut with a washer and dryer and you can purchase tokens at the front desk. I bought the detergent at the "Oxxo" store and was able to wash our clothes before traveling back. No one was using this facility so it was convenient and fast.
There is a graffiti restaurant in an alley between the the Mexican Outlet and the Hard Rock sculpture that has very good food at reasonable prices! I ordered half a beef fajita dinner ( that was plenty for me ) that cost $5.00 dollars and I know for a fact they used tenderloin ( filet ) meat; unheard of. There is also a small Argentinan restaurant near " Margarita & Marijuana " that has excellent beef at reasonable prices,
I would definitely come back to this hotel. This was the most relaxing vacation I had had in a while; although I love to travel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!