This was our second trip to Ambiance Villas (the first in 2005), and it will likely not be our last. We really enjoy the laid back atmosphere, the beach, and the location.
Ambiance Villas is different from the big all inclusives, the chains, and the other high-rise properties. Your room is one of 3-4 buildings, four stories tall (with no elevator). We reserved a standard room, which was spacious, and nicely furnished. On our first trip, we were upgraded to a 1 BR suite, so I was a little bummed that the standard room doesn't include a mini-fridge, but we worked around it. We could not check in until 3 pm, but they held our luggage and we changed into swimsuits and hit the beach.
Most of the rooms include daily breakfast, which is pretty good - fruits, cereals, pastries, a few steam trays of hot food, and a made to order omelet station. It wasn't extravagant, but there was always something good. The main restaurant only appeared to be open for breakfast. Lunch and dinner are available at the beach restaurant. We had one very good lunch and one below average lunch at their restaurant. For our other lunches, we ate in a small strip of shops and a market across the street and to the right (west). There were several good (and cheap) options available. We never ate onsite for dinner (too many good options in the hotel zone). You're about a 10-15 minute walk from the convention center, or there is a bus stop in front of the hotel.
The best feature of the property is the beach. The sand is soft and powdery - about the consistency of sugar. There is a lot of space between the grounds and the water line, and the hotel has a lot of chairs, palyapas, and palm trees to provide shade. The best part: you don't have to get up a 7 am to reserve a spot - there were always good spots available. The water is crystal clear and you'd see more waves stepping into a bath tub. They have a section of water roped off, and at the far rope line the water was no more than chest deep on me (I'm 6'0"). If you've seen or read about the beaches (post-hurricane) on the other side of the"7", you'll know what a gem this beach is. There is also a nice, but smaller swimming pool and a small children's pool, but we spent all of our time on the beach. There is no "activities DJ" playing music and games, which we are very happy about.
Complaints? Few and fairly minor. At check-in, we asked if they offered the ability to upgrade to all inclusive and we told no. On our last day, I noticed their check-in paperwork mentioned that AI was available. It would have been nice to go AI for a day or two, but the drinks were pretty reasonable and there is a supermarket about 5 minutes away. Also, there is a bar near the lobby that was never open (it was on our first trip). It would have been nice to have a nightcap and enjoy the evening. Finally, to get ice, you need to take your ice bucket down to the bar at the beach restaurant. While it was somewhat inconvenient, it wasn't so bad that I bought a bag of ice.
In conclusion, I almost hate to post this review because I'd like to keep this little gem a secret for as long as possible. While it's not for everyone (those who want 5 star accommodations, activities, several dining options, elevators, or a great AI need not apply) it is ideal for people wanting quiet relaxation, a great (and kid friendly) beach experience, and multi-person rooms for extended families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites Cancun, is proud to present the best and most conforting experience in an enviroment specialy designed to bring peace and relaxation at the best natural beach in Cancun. In the heart of the hotel zone, guards the blue ocean and white soft sand of our hotel, also the biggest suites with a special design with one, two and three bedrooms give us an original an unique concept to present. Beachscape Kin Ha offers special moments that with a friendly treatment, you will wish they last for ever. Make your moments unforgettable memories, let us belong in those memories and allow us to offer you our beach, our pride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachscape Kin Ha Villas Hotel Cancun
- Beachscape Kin Ha Villas And Suites
- Ambience Villas
- Ambiance Cancun
- Ambience Villa Cancun