“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 73 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Best vacation EVER!! What positive things can I say that haven't already been said? My man took me here for my 30th birthday and it was the best present I have ever received. The food is great, the service is exceptional and the drinks are constantly flowing. I brought way to much with me and will have a much smaller suitcase the next time we come. The only extras will be suncreen instead of oil... I burned my face off the second day and I won't bother with curling irons or hair dryers. The tsa at the cancun airport confiscated my hair straightner so don't put that in your carry on! Also make sure you bring an extra t-shirt to put on your chair by the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

just returned from temptations after my 2nd visit there so thought i would share my thoughts.

Arrived at hotel after a 7 hour flight delay thanks to Thomas Cook "cowboys" checked in and was given a room viewing car park which i was not happy with but just like last time agreed to move me the following morning ..Happy Days :-)
had a walk round the resort and all seemed the same as last time hotel clean tidy pleasant enough.
next morning after a bit of haggling got moved to an ocean view room right on the beach room 5513 which was awesome could not of picked a much nicer one.everything works fine good shower and comfortable beds..AC very loud and fridge sounded like artuditu at times.
Daytime activities
all pretty much the same as before loud and fun with some getting naked if you wished to join in the fun the entertainment staff Sarah 69, Nathan, Amy and newbie Paloma who is rather tasty work very hard to keep everyone entertained which is not easy as everybody is normally drunk and hungover.
One rather major complaint though is the sexy pool is very dirty with all kinds of nasty stuff floating in it some people would not even go in it.
also the sun beds situation is silly if you don't grab chairs by 7am forget it.
Bar Staff
these guys are absolutely amazing work super fast funny and always happy and you don't have to tip them every time to get good service you be nice to them they look after you.
I was happy with food last time and no change still just as good i had dinner at the Italian, Asian,Tex Mex and Sea food and buffet and can say the food is not to bad at all I've stayed at more expensive resorts in Cancun and there food is not as good as temptations. .
Evening Entertainment.
pretty much still the same as last time something different every night some nights a DJ others live music and they added a foam party while i was there for the first time which is rather fun even though they had a few issues with lack of foam.
one of the biggest changes i noticed though is with the people going there due to the hotels reputation it does seem to be attracting large groups of horny men who all get stupidly drunk loud and become well rather irritating to be honest some people really cannot handle there alcohol and kinda spoils it for others around them.
the hotel really was at max capacity while there as many had arranged to go at same time from the cancuncare.com forums.
Overall
still a decent hotel excellent value for money fun and the place to party but due the the lager lout groups of guys all thinking there gonna shag there way around the pool if not careful many might decide to go elsewhere in the future including myself.

Room Tip: don't be afraid to complain if you don't like your room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Me and the other half visited temptations from April 6th till 17th. First of we are both from Ireland and were the only two Irish in the resort for all but 2days this was not a problem though as everyone was so welcoming and easy going ! So easy to make friends and have a laugh ! So as for the review ill break it down :
Rooms: very clean ,not modern in the world but fine with comfy beds mini bar flat screen tv electric safe coffee machine and large walk in show ( for 2 ) also large balcony with table and chairs ! Sexy light made evenings more interesting ;-)
Bars: quiet pool was exactly that no noise and swim up bar as well but only one waiter so patience required ! Sexy/mad pool was awesome spent 90% time here great crack ,naughty antics ,funny adult pool games were to win u must go nude basically lol music all day at this one
Sports pool was just a pool with a water polo ball and net in it no bar ! Drinks can be made with cheap stuff unless u ask for Smirnoff/barcardi/jim beam etc
Restaurants : buffet has awesome breakfast selection but lunch dinner mediocre but u can walk into tex mex (margaritas during day) or fish restaurant (beside Italian ) with no reservation both them were pretty good ! Italian and Asian required booking in advance which u can do from room at 9am ish to get same day ! Both restaurants were awesome standard highly recommend !
Evening entertainment : paty o bar has nightly Dj/live band playing and does theme nights and has now started foam party's :) also have food till like 6am with best burgers ever ! ( and I'm not exaggerating)
Nice shoes bar has theme nights everynight try lingerie casino night is great crack ( put in a bit of effort ) lol
Sports bar has pool tables etc and live sport more American sport orientated!
Location: bit out of the way of main strip but buses run every 3to 5 mins all day and night and cost max 20 pesos for 2 one way about £1 or $1.6 US
Staff : work their hands raw whether it be cleaning maintenance or bar staff and they don't ever pressure for tips ( unlike Jamaicans ) but I tipped anyways plenty of dollar bills or 20 peso for Brits came in handy maid left u fantastic animals made from towels more coffee and water bottles etc bar staff literally never let ur cup go dry ! Entertainment staff were funny and hard working ! BIG shout out to miss sexy Amy and paloma who were awesome people !
Swingers: yes there are swingers here but not many and they generally keep to themselves most other people are just couples out for an awesome time and who knows what might happen attitude !
;-)
Last thing of like to say is ill be back to temptations very soon and to anyone who reads this and was there during those dates big thanks from rick (whitey from Ireland ) awesome people who
made mine and Mels holiday !
Cya next time !

• Stayed April 2013
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I knew I wanted to book this resort the first time I heard about it a few years ago. However, I didn't get a chance until this year. I'll start by saying that before the week was over, I was already booking my next trip. Seriously, if you have an open mind, love to dance all night, dress up, take some risks (or not, and no-one will care) and surround yourself with other fun loving, friendly, respectful and AWESOME people, book now! I celebrated my 30th birthday with a large group of friends at TTR and it was a blast. I had met a large number of ppl from an online community of sun-lovers, which was a definite plus. I won't let the secret out (you may or may not already know), but if you want the excitement of planning and counting down to the trip to be just as awesome, search it out. You will find everyone to be SO friendly and the theme night planning is SO MUCH FUN! Every single person I met online became instant friends. Let me tell you, this was one of the most fun trips I have ever had.

All day long, you can find the group at the sexy pool, on teh raft, doing shots, laughing, being silly and having a great time. If you are looking for something extra, check out a boobs cruise and do some snorkeling. Or, jump on the local bus and head to the Plaza, take a ferry to Isle M and find some daily fun outside the resort... cuz you might to give your liver a rest. Every night is a different theme, and if you are a part of the group, this makes for an even better evening. I participated in jello wrestling, mardi gras night, tight n bright, white night, school girls, lingerie night... the list goes on.As I said, I stay away from places like this usually... But this is the exception.

The food is ok, (tomato, chili basil pizza was amazing at TEx Mex - Lunch), everything else is typical resort fare. It isn't 5*, but who cares! Four different restaurants to choose from, but you better get your reservations in early! The bartenders take care of you if you take care of them. I was known to order 20 "wet........" at a time and it got to the point that all I'd have to do is give them a nod one night and I had a stack.

Yes, we all know this place is known as a place for those pesky lifestylers. If you aren't interested, decline. You won't be hounded, you won't be asked twice, maybe not even once. I met a couple on my last day that was there for 2 weeks and they had no idea that people were into that "type of thing". I'm a single, I wasn't approached much at all. There are sexy games going on, you can observe, participate or just sit back and lay in the sun on the quiet side. You are likely to see numerous topless women, from 21year olds to 80 year olds. You might even see some people in their birthday suits on occasion. I seen a big 200lb, 50 y.o gramma walking around topless and she OWNED it! Nobody knows you and nobody gives a $#!|.

My housekeeper was named Marie and she was amazing. I tipped her at the beginning of my stay and again before I left. She made sure I had everything I needed and more. Just because this is an all inclusive people, do not forget to tip your servers, housekeepers, bartenders etc. They deserve every single dollar. The showers were soooooo nice in the morning after a long evening/morning of partying.

Make sure to get a big stack of US 1$ before you head down for tips. The bank machine in the hotel is ridiculous for extra charges. So is the one across the street. There is a scotia bank at the Plaza, get your money there. That, in my opinion is the only reason to go to the Plaza, unless you are wanting to head to one of the clubs... which you should try out for sure!

The beach is a beach. It is between 2 docks, but park your butt and get used to it. The sand is white and the water is blue and warm. You can walk out a ways and just float in the beauty of Cancun. Make sure to get up prior to 8am to get a towel on a chair or you might be looking for awhile. I found it restful to take time and read on the beach for awhile. Loved the papsun chairs on the quiet side, as long as you bring your towel.

Easy access to all the great tourist spots, if that is your thing. If you do your research, you can manage all the attractions without joining a huge group. Catch the R2 to Walmart if your forgot your sunblock (27$ Canadian at the gift shop if you dare pay it), wait to the left (this side) of walking out the resort.

Tips: Bring a bubba mug.
Disappointments - Sambuca is unavailable here. They have some sort of licorice concoction, but t is TERRIBLE!!!! Bring your own!
Some of the menu items are for premium members only. Easy fix, just purchase it.
Some people get day-passes and seem to think this place is free for all. NOT true, stay away your subscribe to this idea.

Room Tip: 5000 block is quiet, but a bit of a walk. I'd recommend it, cuz the party does't stop! Some...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at Temptations April 9-16. This was our 6th trip to Cancun and our 1st to Temptations, but not our last. We normally stay at Palace resorts but for half the price decided to give Temptations a try.

Overall this property is well cared for, safe and clean. The reservation restaurants, Italian and Asian were very good and the Sea Food restaurant was also good. The buffet was a typical buffet and was fine for when you were in a hurry to get back out and enjoy the resort. The drinks are very good just remember to name what you want to drink, example rum and coke will be made with cheap rum and coke, Bacardi and coke is make with Bacardi. So you get what you ask for.

Our room was 1367 an ocean front room on the quiet pool side of the resort. The view was great but the bathroom had two things odd about it. One the bathroom would at times have a bad smell coming from the tub drain, ez fix was close the drain. Second was the tub had no faucet, you had to use the shower head to fill the tub and when you took a shower you flooded the bathroom. The shower was offset to one side of the tub and the water would hit your body and run off the side of the tub and onto the bathroom floor. Even with this we enjoyed our room we just built a towel dam around tub so the wife could use the mirror without standing in a pond.

Crazy/Sexy pool we did not spend much time here as it was very crowded, it is were you will find all the sexy people, aka topless and g stings, and lots of fun games. We enjoyed going over there and sitting in the pool watching the activities for an hour or so each day then return to our quite spot on the beach. We would liked to have been able to sit up on the deck that over looks the pool but that was a members only area THAT NO ONE was sitting in. The bar here was very busy and they could have used another bartender or two, people were always standing in line for drinks.

Sports pool we only saw volleyball played there and it was not scheduled anywhere I could fine.

Quite Pool this is the area we spent most of our time down on the beach under the shade of one of the trees. The Bikini bar was always busy and they only had one bartender working so you got no service on the swim up side of the bar. Also there were few chairs around pool and like everyone says if you want a chair you had better get it saved early.

Overall this is a fine resort is it five star no but its a great place to go for not allot of money and have a great time and not have to worry about kids running around.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be up all night ask for room away from Patty O.
Middlesex County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at the Temptation Resort for 7days with my boyfriend. We are both 30 yrs old. I must say we had a great time and will be returning. The entire staff was great food was great. The entertainment was great. If you are looking to have fun with your mate and enjoy a great time this is the place. I must also inform you that this is a topless optional resort. They also play games at the Sexy pool which will require you to be nude. So if you don't want to be nude do not play any of the games. It was some married people there that were swingers just keep your ears and eyes open. The guest were all nationalities but we're all very friendly. We actually saw ppl making out on the beach or even at the room in the hot tub on the balconies. Needless to say we will be returning.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had a great time with my friend over the week I was there at the resort.
Food was very good, entertainment people where FUNNY and very open to talk about anything and answer any question.
This is a very open environment which I did appreciate quite a bit.
Need to wake up before 9am or the chairs at the Party pool or the beach will already been taken.
Overall, I had a great time and I will be back to this resort again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Temptation Resort Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!