“My anniversary trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 73 Specialty lodging in Cancun
los angeles,ca
“My anniversary trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

MY husband and I celebrate our anniversary for the 2nd time this year, we had a lot of fun, we like the food, drinks all day and night, the staff were attentive and try to make the stay enjoyable and fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

3,354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

At least 70% of the rooms are extremely noisy!
- Either the music is extremely loud,
- Either the room is too close to the street and the traffic is heavy all the night long!
So, good look with your room (I was not happy).
For that, I’m not recommending this hotel.
---
Other thoughts – a little pricy. Initially I was thinking this price shall be justified with better services, but I was wrong.
However, the Italian and the Asian restaurants are great!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to get reservations for Italian and Asian restaurants!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was a great hotel. The beach was lovely, there was a wide variety of places to eat and the food was good every night. The first night we were right by the party area and I couldn't sleep very well so we asked if we could change rooms and they changed our room straight away. We were there to have a relaxing holiday so didn't really get involved in the party aspects of the hotel so we spent most of the time on the beach or by the quiet pool which was lovely. The staff were always very friendly and we went on some amazing excursions thanks to the rep. Overall, I can't really fault the hotel at all, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: If you aren't there to party most nights get a room away from the party bar.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Most of the bad reviews I see on here are unwarranted from people with very bad attitudes.

I am a married younger person looking for a cheap getaway. We had some hesitation booking but we went with 3 other couples (none of whom are swingers) None of us were hit on in an inappropriate way. If you wanted to be with that crowd I am sure you would find them. The nudity was fine no one thought twice about it. Many people were European and it was not awkward.

The people who work here are wonderful. Most people say check-in is painful, ours was fine. If you are firm you don't have to take the tour, or just lie and say you've been there before. When I hear of people griping and complaining they need to get a grip and grow a pair.

Everything is clean. People say the rooms are dated...that may be but I didnt notice, I've stayed in 4 star Hiltons in the USA that are much worse than this place. The bedding is all nice and clean. The room service is excellent. The showers are immaculate. All grout was white and everything around the resort is sparkling clean.

I am not a fussy eater. I thought all the food was fresh and delicious. They carry name brand liquors, and they DO NOT water down the drinks. On serveral occasions I saw them open new bottles and free pour. Trust me you feel it if you're drinking quickly. There is bottled water in the room and you can get extra without any hesitation.

The people are outstanding. Most notably Sarah and Amy running the shows at the pool. Pedro and Tiger (with devil horns) at the main pool bar. My room cleaner Voyana was spectacular. All of the people waiting and serving in the restaurants do everything they can to make you comfortable.

I have a few tips for those of you who want to travel
1. Be firm, do not go on the tour. You can manage your way around the resort and ask other people to help you...it's not the size of a country, it's 5 buildings and everything happens in the middle.
2. Bring an extra towel if you dont want to trade yours each day at the towel bar
3. Bring a thermos cup (this was the best advice I received from another review)
4. The villas in the 1000, 2000, 5000 blocks are all quiet. There are some rooms I could see that may be loud in the main patio area. I was in the 5000, I couldn't hear a thing ever once I closed my door. My friends were on the Paty O lounge part and they didn't have one complaint so I guess it depends on how fussy you are.
5. Bring american money if you want to tip. No need to change in pesos. We brought $100 ones so we could tip whenever we thought it was appropriate.
6. See Boris for SCUBA diving...it's a lot of fun. Our guide was wonderful, it can be an experience but it's worth it:) Martine held my hand the whole time during our tour underwater. It can be nerve wrecking!
7. Do the boat sailing at the resort - it's free someone will take you for a lesson.
8. Check out the kayaks (free at the resort). We saw some horseshoe crabs, puffer fish, and some a large starfish.
9. If you like pina coladas as for some extra bacardi on top...dangerous:)
10. Meet people and have an open mind. We met familes (with older kids), groups of guys/girls, couples etc etc. Don't think that everyone at this resort is a certain type of person, it's really just a bunch of people who want to have fun.

Please dont be scared of this resort based on what people say. I had a great time. If you need peace and quiet, go to the beach or the quiet pool. The shows are fun and interactive. There is always someone having fun at the sexy pool.

We would go back! We met many nice people from all over the world. A few people we met on excursions didn't have that much fun at their resort. There was a lot of music and games to keep everyone entertained.

Room Tip: If available ask for something in the 1000 or 5000 block. Very quiet:)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Well i chose this place due to my friends telling me all good stories about it, and i was not disappointed! Asked for a room in the 4000s as i had read it was quieter there! I'm a party animal but also need my beauty sleep so these rooms were the best for me. I had the biggest room, was so spacious and clean with the cleaner leaving me cool little animals made from towels! I tried the food in all the restaurants, my favourite easily being the Asian one, went there twice, the food was lovely! I did not book, i just turned up and asked if there was any tables free which there was. No dramas if there was not any room as you can always go to one of the others without booking! All the staff were very friendly even the ones on reception as i had read they were rude, well they weren't to me, you probably antagonised them!! The entertainment guys and girls work soo hard to get everyone to interact and have fun and were also lovely. The whole hotel was well maintained, clean and tidy, one bad thing was that you had to be up really early or go to bed late to get a towel down to get a bed by the pool! However i was by myself so nearly always managed to get a space as people leave spaces between each other haha! The entertainment was good at night also, always something to do or dress up. I went on a few of the bar/club nights that people come to take you on, definitely worth going out and seeing the nightlife that Cancun has to offer. Everyone was so friendly, especially as i was by myself and i had lots of people to talk to by the end of the first day! If you are up for fun and a laugh, this is a great place to go, i'm definitely going to go again, i also felt really safe being a single female there too.

Room Tip: i chose the 4000s as it was quieter and away from the party places!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

After booking the resort and reading the reviews on trip advisor, we arrived in some degree of trepidation. All in all we had a great holiday and as with any hotel there are good and bad points. I shall try to summarise...

Good Points
-Good choice of food and a number of speciality restaurants (asian, italian, tex-mex, surf n turf), resort is maintained well and kept clean and tidy, clean, white sandy (yet small) stretch of beach, regularly cleared of sea-weed, bars serve good quality drinks (with branded spirits if you ask), waiting and bar staff all incredibly friendly and polite, plenty of sun loungers. Rooms always cleaned to a high standard.

Less good points
-Reception is disorganised, slow and some members of staff were quite unhelpful, particularly on our arrival. We wanted a quiet room with either a pool or sea view and had requested this prior to arrival. On arrival, we were told there was nothing that could be done unless we upgraded. To do this, the receptionist seemed to choose a figure, at random for us to pay in order to upgrade. In the end we did decide to go for a room by the quiet pool which was great (although we had to wait until the following day to get this organised). I did get the impression however that the resort deliberately placed some people into the less attractive rooms, in order to secure the upgrade. Also, the attitude of one member of staff on the day of our arrival was quite abrupt. Joey however, who helped us out on the second day was excellent.

The swinging action tended to involve the more mature guests and was generally quite funny to spot - certainly not too in your face. The sexy pool was quite amusing but we tended to stay by the quiet pool or beach so the lewd games can easily be avoided.

Overall we had a really fun, enjoyable holiday and if 3.5 stars were an option, I'd have gone for that.

Note - if interested in SCUBA, check out Boris by the sports pool, went on 2 trips which were thoroughly enjoyable.

Room Tip: Upgrade to room by quiet pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

In my experience, the success of any resort anywhere in the world is determined by its staff. If this holds true, then Temptation will enjoy many years of success and prosperity. The staff was/is absolutely outstanding! This hard working group of people far exceeded my expectations and frankly outperformed as a whole many crews from other "higher end" resorts I've experienced. From the hosts, performers and front-of-house employees to security and housekeeping/property care, the service was four-star. Special mention goes to the seemingly tireless bar staff at the "Sexy Pool" bar. Their great service and remarkable tolerance was above and beyond the call. Accolades too to the entertainment staff-- Manuel, Nathan, Paloma and Amy. Seen in the limelight of activities from early morning until at least midnight, these folks offered options to make any guest feel welcome and included in the Temptation experience. In my 10-day stay, this group never failed to appear fresh and enthusiastic.

As with many experiences, Temptation is what you make of it. This is a resort filled with playfulness, suggestiveness and fun. But I saw no overt or vulgar behavior. It was a place to meet new friends and, for some, to explore a bit more. Temptation offers its namesake to each guest. How you are tempted by good food, bountiful drink and a playful adult atmosphere is really up to you. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Select your room for your lifestyle. Check the daily activities and resort map. Decide accordingly
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Temptation Resort Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!