“WOW What A Trip!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 76 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Blackwood, New Jersey
“WOW What A Trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here Aug 16 to the 20th and all I can say is WOW what a place! It was a surprise trip for my wife. I was looking for a place her and I could go and have fun and maybe do stuff we would not do at home.

I read all the reviews but not sure how the place would be. Once we arrived I knew it was the right decision. The only negative thing I will see is the time share thing when you get your room should be done away with. I knew about this from the reviews I read and I was short and to the point and they did not pressure me on it I was done in about 5 minutes.

We arrived at 12:00 noon and our room was not ready so we went to get something to eat and right away as soon as we sat down the service was great! Got room about 2 and walking to the room you can see how clean the place was. We had room 1203 2nd floor facing the quite pool which was perfect for us. Short walk to everything and nice at night to get some sleep. The only bad nigh was Sat nigh with the pool part. Our front door faced the sports pool where the party was. But all good that night we went back to our room about 1:30 AM and just hung out in our hallway with our drinks and watched the party.

The sexy pool is great and you can do as much or as little as you like. We have never been to a resort like this and glad we picked it. The games they play are wild and fun to watch. There are plenty of women without tops as well and plenty that had tops on so do not think you have to be topless.

The food is great as well no matter where you go. We did tip each meal and that went a long way. The staff remembers that and each day as soon as we walked in they were at the door waiting to take care of us.

The beach is small but very nice and great place to just chill out if you want to. Plenty of topless women here as well but again plenty that had tops on.

The theme nigh are a MUST DO! Some nights more people take part that others but white night was a huge hit and well attended. It was nice to see my wife dress in outfits she would never dress in at home. The best part is that no one really cares what you do or wear and the more days you are there the more you see that and the more relaxed you become. The anything goes game show was fun to take part in Sunday night. Some crazy stuff going on but all in fun room if you attend best thing is be willing to take part and join the fun.

The bar tenders are great as well again we did tip them and they remembered that as well. They would bring us drinks as soon as our glasses were empty did not even have to get up. The at later the nigh you go the more you see. Again all in fun and with a few drinks in you, you will be surprised what you may do.

We will go back for sure and we are not ones to go back to same resort but we had too much fun the only regret we have now is that we did not do something like this sooner!

Room Tip: Had room 1203 faced quite pool great room could relax short walk to eveything!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Polish first
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a great time at this resort. I traveled with a very large group and we all had a wonderful time. The rooms were "ok", but I didn't care because I wasn't planning on spending a lot of time in it anyway. The grounds were kept very clean. There was always someone cleaning. The sexy pool was fun and the quiet pool was very relaxing. I'm so glad the guest are given options on where to swim. The food was good. I'd preferred the breakfast buffet over the lunch. The other stand alone restaurants were excellent. After a long day of fun/drinking in the sun, those burgers at the patio party definitely hit the spot at 4am! I've been in the hospitality industry for several years now and I must say the customer service here has raised the bar. I will be returning to temptations, just so I can do all the things I didn't get a chance to! BTW!, sleep outside on the beach one night in a hammock. It will change your life! I almost forgot,YOU WILL GET TIRED OF THE TECHNO MUSIC!!!!

Room Tip: If you're room is close to the patio party, move it! The party starts late and ends even later.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited the resort from 30th Aug '12 - 2nd Sept '12. Having read all the reviews on tripadvisor, we we're confident enough that our stay was going to be great.
When we arrived, we were greated with champagne in the lobby, which was a really nice touch. The check in went well, and we requested a room between the quiet and sexy pool, however ended up with a room in the 5000's (closer to sexy pool) which worked out nicely for us.
The room was not as glamorous or well decorated as we expected. The bathroom was extremely small, and the shower was quite enclosed. The airconditioning was very loud, and throughout the stay we found a sewage smell was coming from the vents in the bathroom, which really was not nice. However as we were not in the room so much, we didnt let it bother us.
The hotel is adults only, and a number of guests certainly were taking advantage of this. There was a vast number of topless women, wondering around the pools, bars etc...but you get used to it after a while. The sexy pool was always very busy, full of people, enough so that the water became really warm. A few people were making out in the pools whilst we were there, and alot of 'hanky panky' took place past 12am in the sexy pool.
The hotel was a nice mix between couples, single people, and large groups. Everyone was very sociable, and the only way to have fun was to mingle with the guests, and partake in the daily activities. My boyfriend and I spent alot of time in the sexy pool, drinking and dancing along to music. However I must prefered the quiet and sports pool. The temperature of the water was much cooler, and it was pretty much empty, so I was able to swim from one end to the other.
The best part of the holiday was the food. 5 stars to temptation for the food options. There are 5 restaurants, 2 of which require pre-booking. If you go, you HAVE to try these restaurants, the food was fantastic, and it felt like I was in a top class restaurant. The other 3 restaurants you can go anytime (within their restricted opening hours). Mexicana was great for daytime snacks, and they were happy for you to take food away from the restaurants onto the beach and near the pools.
The beach connected to Temptation was beautiful, white sands and blue sea. They had a number of water sport options to partake in, and a few tour options which you can do outside of the resort. Prices were pretty steep, $45 for 30min jet ski.
We also went to the spa, it was beautiful and the massage was good, I've had better massages though...but atmosphere was lovely.

All in all, brilliant trip, and a great resort to enjoy. Its obviously not a top class hotel, but they do great at particular things.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have to say that the only great thing that we took away from Temptations were the awesome memories of all the people we met!
That would have to be one of the only pros....oh and the boobs cruise (interesting) !!!
The resort is old. The food is ok, nothing special. The rooms were decent.
The employees were nice but we didn't trust any of them.
They were sneaky and we picked up on it because we travel to Mexico atleast twice a year.
Best advice for you if you are choosing this resort...
DO NOT bring a lot of cash. People have broken into the safes.
Tip your servers here and there, they deserve it.

If you are looking for high class, this isn't it.
If you want a really really fun time where nobody cares at all, this is the place for you.

We would recommend to go atleast once, but we won't be returning!

Room Tip: DO NOT stay near Paty O's if you are looking for sleep! People yell till 5 in the morning.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I JUST WANT TO SAY THIS IS A GREAT HOTEL FOR A RELAXING - OR PARTY "ADULT VACAY". The day and night time entertainment was great. Lots of laughs and always kept me interested.
The food was fab and lots of places to go get your fill. I think my husband and I ate shrimp everyday at some point. The grounds and the rooms were kept perfectly clean.
I would also reccomend taking the ferry over to isla mujeres it is a beautiful "real taste" of mexico. Ferry there from gran puerto (which is just a few minutes walk down the street) was 17 round trip, then while there we reanted a golf cart to tour the island, fun day.
I also want you to be aware of the condo sales ppl that hawk you in the lobby, unless you want to loose 3-4hours of your vacay listening to a strong sales pitch, then I strongly suggest avoiding them at all costs.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from patio's bar if you sleep early. They party there till 3,4 in the morning...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mrKiisk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great to go as a couple or group of friends! Rubbish for single Men. Property is bit tired and the entertainment tad cheesy,food ok and drinks watery but if You looking for fun and meeting other same minded people - Temptations in Cancun is perfect choice.

Tips - do tip the workers.If u want to get some sleep - stay away from the rooms next to Paty O's.
I found Cancun's night life as good as Temptations one.

Definently considering to visit this cheap and cheerful resort again!

Room Tip: Rooms next to the quiet pool are generally nicer and quieter!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from our second trip to Temptation Resort. We had so much fun last time that we decided to bring some friends this time so they could experience the fun. We have been to Cancun several times and have never stayed at the same resort more than once except for Temptation. Now that we have experienced it I don't see us staying anywhere else. There are so many daily and evening activities that you really never need to leave the resort. The food in every restaurant was great. We normally ate breakfast in the buffet each morning and had lunch at Margaritas. The dinner options were great and my favorites were the Asian and Italian which you have to make reservations for, but the seafood restaurant was very good too. The people watching is probably the best part as you can spend the whole day at the sexy pool just listening to the DJ and drinking the frozen drinks. I would recommend a purple drink called the s##t or the mango margaritas. We normally would switch to Captain Morgan at night, which was nice to see that they had some better alcohol selections, than just well drinks. The service was great and if you are there for a few days the servers and bartenders remember you, just make sure to take care of them with a tip here and there. There is a different theme each night so check their website, have fun and participate you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to plan our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Temptation Resort Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!