“Fun Day out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark

You added All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark to your Saves list
All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 1.5 Carretera a Punta Juarez-Punta Sam, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark)   |
Ranked #65 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fun Day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

1st time ever swimming with dolphins, and was absolutely amazing. Staff were very informative, and helpful. had a great day here and even got a deal on our photo package which was great, would we go back Hell Yes :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just returned a couple days ago from this wonderful family resort. This is rated as a 3 star resort, and the facilities may be that but you can see rooms under renovation and general upgrades. It is very clean and has 5 star staff and 4 star food. Here's the low down;

Room: We had a junior suite, I understand that all junior suites face the ocean so you can't go wrong. We are a family of 5 with kids 3,6 & 9 years old so we had a cot in the room and still had lots of space. Our room did not have the sunken living area as shown in the photos but we did have a fridge and were happy with that. Beds were super comfy, my son complained that the cot was springy but was so exhausted at the end of the day that it didn't really make a difference. We didn't plan on spending a lot of time in the room anyway. Yes there was a little mold in the bathroom but nothing that concerned us. We had a plumbing issue once and it was taken care of right away. Our housekeeper Rosa was amazing and got us the extra towels that we needed when asked.

Food: I am a vegetarian and loved the food. Don't miss the side table that has all the salsa, sour cream, watery quacamole, etc....great additions to the pastas and rice! The snack bar was great for the rest of my family when the restaurants were closed. Hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, nachos and cheese and more. Someone had commented that the chairs in the restaurant were filthy and yes they were stained, no different than my own chairs here at home! We did see them once during the week take all furniture out of the dinning room to clean it and we saw someone scrubbing the chairs. So they may be stained but they are fairly clean if this happens weekly. I was surprised that there was no ice cream bar and my kids were disappointed in that but we learned late in the week that you can ask for ice cream, it may take awhile to get to you as I'm sure they are busy in the kitchen but it is there.

Waterpark: What can I say? A load of fun for the kids! My oldest hurt his leg one day when he fell and they were right on top of looking at it and putting on some cream and ice. I can't remember the life guards name but we appreciated his help!

Beach: Yes there is lots of seaweed so if you are looking for a picture perfect beach this is not your place. They do their best raking it up throughout the day, not a job I would want in that heat!! It didn't bother us and it makes a fun addition so sand castles.

Staff: The staff really make this resort. We have been to a 5 star in Mexico for a wedding and the staff only served you if you tipped them otherwise you waited a long time. Not the case here, I never felt that we needed to tip but ended up tipping more so than we normally would, excellent service. A shout out to Armondo the concierge...always there to help if you need anything! Georgio at the front desk is a star! Also there to take care of any of your needs! Ivan with the entertainers was great as they all were! I can't remember his name but the older guy at the lobby bar is super fast and even brought drinks to us one night without us even asking, why can't I remember his name!!! Mario in the restaurant keep my husbands wine glass full without even asking, he was on top things! The grounds keepers were friendly, one even came right away to clean up my daughters throw up on the path - I think she had heat exhaustion, not related to the food. Everyone seemed to be happy there and regardless who they were they picked up garbage and plates and cups as they walked by. The pool bar could use more people or faster service but that is the only complaint there.

My husband and son did the bike trip led by the entertainers to El Meca, the ruins close by. It is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays if I remember correctly. The bike ride is free but over a certain age you need to pay around $4 to get into the ruins. Make sure you have pesos, I think my husband got ripped off with his change.

Now for the things that could improve;
They didn't have many kids life jackets and the ones that they did have had broken straps on them, I wouldn't take my little ones out on the catamaran in those. They should replace those and have a few more than they do. You may want to take your own if this hasn't been fixed.
For a family resort it is not so stroller friendly. 3 steps here, 10 steps there, long way around to avoid lots of steps...my youngest was sick for a few days, she was sick when we left, so she spent more time than she may have otherwise in the stroller. Not a deal breaker for us but just so you know.
Make sure you have all the meds that you may need, the store is super expensive for that. You may also want to bring inflatable pool rings etc. They have two large ones but no small ones and they too are ridiculously expensive at the store, I wish I had bought one at the dollar store before we left.
I am fair and therefore am a shade seeker. If you are like me you may want to get out there early and book you chairs with umbrellas, they could use more umbrellas both by the pool and the waterpark. It generally annoys me when people do that and hardly use their chairs but I need that shade so I was guilty a fews times of that myself.

All in all a great resort and we will definitely consider going back for our next family vacation. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Room Tip: Junior suites face the ocean as far as I know. We were in 116 and it was nice and close to everythi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
VARRIOJA, Guest Services at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are very happy to know that you had a great vacations, we will be working in the things we can improve and hope to see you here again and check them.
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have been going to Sea Adventure for many years, when it was still Blue Bay as a matter of fact. As members we have some added benefits, but mostly everyone that goes there gets about the same amenities. The addition of the water park a few years ago really enhanced the vacation experience for all that go to Sea Adventure, especially those with children. They upgraded this last year and we liked almost everything that was done. The new mattresses in the rooms are still a little firm, but are a definite improvement. Color schemes in the main lobby and Tequilla bar brighten the place up and took a little getting used too, but we decided we liked in the end. They also upgraded the food at the buffet, very good!
We can not say enough about the staff. They all seem to go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and want to return. We have seen many of them, especially the entertainmant staff grow up at Sea Adventure and consider them friends.
Some complain about the RCI, or resort sales part of the deal. Frankly, if you aren't interested, tell them that and they'll leave you alone, even if you do go to the 90 minute (of longer) presentation, they give gifts for your time and you are not obligated to sign up for anything.
All in all, we love Sea Adventure.

Room Tip: Aks for beach side if you want the beach, water park if you want that. If you don't want noise...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Pembroke, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Travelled here with an 8 month old and 2yr old. Water park and room were great. I liked the entertainment for the children. The beach when we went was pretty bad but we stayed at the water park the whole time. Our room was huge, full kitchen, bedroom, living room area. I'd go back. Service was great but like other Mexican resorts no bacon, lol.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mio, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We (and another couple) had a reservation for Ocean Spa Hotel for 2/9/14 to 2/14/14 through Orbitz. When we arrived at Ocean Spa, we were told they were booked up and did not have our reservation. After spending 3 hours on the phone with Orbitz, they booked us here at the Sea Adventure. The beds were hard as a board; we had to write a note to the housekeeper to bring us water and coffee; the food was not the best and on our last two days, we became ill from the food. The pool was disgusting and had not been thoroughly cleaned as you could see scum and hair floating in it at all times. The beach is constantly full of sea weed--even though there are workers that rake it all day long. The trip here from Cancun appears to be the seedier part of town. We will not visit this resort again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We just returned from Cancun(Sea Adventure Resort) and I had the most amazing experience. The hotel exceeded my expectations. I had a nice room with an ocean view that was kept neatly clean. the beach was less than 20 ft. from the porch/ balcony. the beach was kept clean with enough room and accommodations for all the guests the parking was really close from my room and very secure. the water park offered a great experience to my 2 kids and even for me and my husband, I would like to give special thanks to the people that work at these place, specially to the people at the Mexican restaurant who made my son's birthday a very unique experience who went the extra mile with service, creativity and care to even small details. I would rate this resort a 10( from 1-10 scale ) We're going back ASAP :) thanks so much to all the costumer service, food and beverage and entertainment staff.you guys rock<3

Room Tip: Main tower with ocean view priceless
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hillsboro, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Beautiful place but would never go back. While we were there, 3 rooms were broken into (that I know of) and electronics, cash, credit cards, and even stuffed animals were stolen. Our friends left their iPad, earbuds, and camera out on the bed when they went for supper. They locked doors behind them and when they returned their electronics were gone. Hotel did nothing to help out...nothing. No security cameras in the hallways. Too much theft for me to return. Sad too because we had a great time there.

Stayed February 2014

Been to All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark? Share your experiences!