“Best Kept Secret in "Cancun"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark

You added All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark to your Saves list
All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 1.5 Carretera a Punta Juarez-Punta Sam, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark)   |
Ranked #65 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Townsend, Massachusetts
“Best Kept Secret in "Cancun"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We traveled with my 17 yo son, 16 yo daughter and 7 yo daughter! It is 1/2 away from the "hotel zone" so you are not in Cancun. They started driving us down these side streets and we started to wonder if we were going to the right place! It is on a small road that you need to cross or go under a tunnel to get to the waterpark, and dinner theater. It is a very "safe" resort, we were able to let our teens go out to the lobby games after dinner. The all-inclusive deal is the best with teenagers, just don't forget to leave a few pesos for the wait staff. The enterainment staff is Awsome! They kept activites going all day and then they did the musicals at night! There is a kids club for the children, and they give you the restaurant coasters as a pager. So you don't need your cell phones at all. "Leo, the door man is the best". My family and I have made friends from all over the world and we talk about going back all the time!

Room Tip: Ask for the First floor and you have a walk out on to the beach! Best for little kids!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Migue S, General Manager at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are very happy to hear that you had a good time with us, we expect to see you soon!!

Sea Adventure Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
San Fernando, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spring Break 2013 -- Traveled with my mom, my wife, and our 2 years old daughter. This resort is not in the "hotel zone" CanCun, which, depending on your needs, can be a good thing. It is located on a quiet stretch of beach with plenty of palm trees and umbrella shade for guests.
The resort food is nothing special, and repetitive. There's plenty of it and you won't go hungry. For every three days a guest stays at this resort you are entitled to eat at their "gourmet" restaurant. It's tasty to be sure, but sign up quick because it fills up fast. That menu didn't change even though we went on non-consecutive nights. The soft drinks are from two liter bottles not "fresh" from the fountain if that matters to you.
The dinner shows were fun to watch for us and the kids. It ain't opera or Broadway, but fun. They had a Lion King show, Michael Jackson tribute, and a Pirates of the Caribbean show (the best one). The main guy is also the guy who does the pool activities, night games, etc. One hard working guy.
The water park is great fun. Maybe older kids will get bored of the small size, but we all enjoyed it. It is open to the public and closed on Tuesdays. It can get crowded and hard to get a shaded seat. They should open it for resort guests an hour early before the general public, or dedicate a day of the week for Guests Only.
We didn't get the suite, but the regular room is nothing to write home about unless you get the ocean view. The second floor balcony had a great view, the third floor view was even nicer since the balcony is open-air. Our room also had a jacuzzi in the balcony which was a treat. No elevators, and it can be a bit of a walk to get drinks or snacks from your room, but then you walk off the calories that way.
10 dollars a day for Wi-Fi? How about free Wi-Fi for the lobby at least.
TimeShare presentations are available if you want a free t-shirt or other comps you can get out of them, just know that you'll be talking to multiple sellers for the next one hour to two hours.
Taxis into town or the Hotel Zone are pricey, but public transportation is available and cheap. We had no trouble getting into downtown, shopping, and then taking another bus to Hotel Zone. later in the evening we opted for taxi service, just in case.
Those guys at the front desk, especially Jose (he was working alone a couple of times) was always willing to please and working hard to serve. I didn't find any staff member that was not polite or helpful.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view on any floor with a jacuzzi.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Migue S, Director General at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are very sorry about your experience we understand how you may feel. We think we need to explain some of this issues. Your reservation went thru, after we closed reservations on the extranets. For that reason we didn’t have your reservation on place. Trying to do things the right way, we take one of the units that belong to the condominium owners. Without noticing that the unit did not comply the hotel room standard.
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We will be working in proper policies to avoid this kind of mistakes in the future. We will like to invite you to contact us at: 998-8817900 ext: 7008 or guestservice@seaadventureresort.com attention: Nancy Bermudez, since we would like to have the opportunity to change your opinion in regard to our services.
Warwickshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

WOW, where do I start? I arrived at this hotel to be told they don't have my reservation.. Then they found it 3 hrs later.. Showed me to my room- which had an employees belongings in, after numerous discussions with reception they told me I would be upgraded to a junior suite.. Which also was an employees room(Maria!) what an absolute disgrace this hotel is! DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed April 2013
Carlos L, Manager at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Sir,
We are very sorry about your experience we understand how you may feel. We think we need to explain some of these issues. Your reservation went thru, after we closed reservations on the extranets. For that reason we didn’t have your reservation on place. Trying to do things the right way, we take one of the units that belong to the condominium owners without noticing that the unit did not comply the hotel room standard.
We are a new administration and are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience, much appreciate your comments and here are some immediate changes that are related to your concern,
-Because we are concerned about your comments we are currently evaluating the rooms that are being use from the condominium side to be sure that they meet the hotel standards, that way they can be part of the hotel inventory.
- We will be working in proper policies to avoid this kind of mistakes in the future.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.
Carlos Luengas
tonbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We are as actually at the hotel at present we upgraded to a junior suite via email well.worth it - our patio doors open on to the beach lovely big well air conditioned room.Animation team seem good and rest of staff work extremely hard and always have a smile .Wherever we go we treat the staff as friends and with respect and we always get the same good treatment in return . Just been to the island toured around on our golf buggy found a little bbq shack for lunch - devoured 4 racks of ribs, salads,tortillas 2 comes and a beer $12

• Stayed March 2013

Norton canes uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Has recently had new managment and seem to be having a few problems with room allocations, people with wheelchairs been put on the third floor( no lifts). Paying for sea view and not getting it. however they will do their best to move you as soon as possible. The safety deposit boxes in the rooms are now no longer free and cost about 342 (£20 ish) pesos for two weeks. The rooms are spotlessly clean with fresh towels daily. The TV in the room is a little dated and you have access to about 6 English speaking channels. I had read a few reports about the food before I went but was pleasantly surprised, the Mexicans like their meat, and it is served at every opportunity, you can have the equivalent of a Sunday roast with all the trimmings every day. Breakfasts cover everything from fruit and cereals to individual omelettes and a full cooked breakfast with delicouse Danish pasties and croissant. They put a good variety of dishes on every day, the snack bar outside by the cocktail bar opens at 11.30 most days and serves really tasty burgers with salad and fries. When the main restaurant is closed the restaurant by the waterpark is open, this is larger and used for the evening entertainment for the families. This is quite a dark place, no windows and the food selection is never as good, however, the kids seem to love the shows and are always on the stage. The water park is great for kids, and the pools in the main part of the hotel are ok for them too, however, they lack an adult sized pool for swimming those calories off. The hotel is right on the beach, and yes it does have sea weed washed up sometimes. The gardeners are pretty quick at clearing it up and the sand is lovely and clean. The bird life here is amazing, flocks of pelicans, the occasional sea eagle and gangs of cormorants visit daily. Volleyball is played most afternoons on the beach and anyone can join in. I thought this was a great location, nice and quiet but a short trip on the local buses and you were up town in the hotel zone, ( red bus to terminus 6 pesos then the R1, 8 pesos. £1.67 return). A 15 minute leisurely walk down the road and you are at the Porto Juarez ferry, about £5.00 and 20 mins and you are on the isla mujeres. Fantastic place, highly recommend getting a golf buggy for the day £27 ish). I hadnt got any ID or driving License so they asked for a deposit of 500 pesos. The island is only about 7 miles and is so easy to get around, went to the turtle sanctuary, passed the dolphin show and eat lunch right on the edge of an island over looking the Caribbean sea with the hotel zone way off in the distance with iguana begging for , I was in cancun during spring break and the hotel zone was very busy during the evening, I didnt visit any clubs but the young holiday makers said they were spectacular. They also have excellent shopping malls with all the designer brands you could wish for. The majority of travellers there seemed to be Canadian and We really friendly, however must say that the Mexican people are the most friendliest people, everyone waves or shouts hello. Cancun feels safe during the day, but we were warned to be wary of the police in the evening, don't walk along the street of a night, get a taxi!! The organised trips are ok but tend to have too many 'buying, opportunities so not much time is spent at the main attraction. If you go to chinchin itza. DO NOT buy any souvenirs until you get there, they make a couple of stops before you get there and they are much cheaper at the site. Overall really enjoyed it, would go there again,resort great for families and seriouse clubbers, shoppers and sun worshippers.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

north yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well what can I say about Sea Adventure and Waterpark? This is a truly lovely hotel. Before we traveled I was a little worried, as I have quite high standards especially when it comes to food and there are a few negative reviews. I need not have worried in the slightest. This was our first time to Mexico which is a truly wonderful place to visit and the Sea Adventure was an exceptional hotel. This is also our first time on all inclusive and as a family of four adults (myself and my husband and two daughters aged 23 and 21) the AI option was a god send.
Thomas Cook firstly? Well I wouldn’t recommend them. Other companies are better (although few are exceptional in my experience. Virgin are probably the best of the regular holiday market (so I guess you get what you pay for!). The flight out was on time but service was pretty poor. Trying to get a complimentary soft drink was hard work. The service with the meal was tea or coffee only. When I asked about this, particularly for my daughter who does not drink tea or coffee (but actually I always like to get a water with a tea with my meal, especially on a long flight – which hardly seems unreasonable – and seems to be standard fare on other airlines) the flight attendant barked ‘she can have an orange squash only’. The second service had a jug of water, with a small bottle of juice concentrate to be made up into orange squash if someone asked for a soft drink. Come on TC, pretty standard fare on a ten hour flight to get water and juice on each service. I also felt two services, one meal and one small snack was pretty mean. The attendants were not friendly at all (worried about their jobs no doubt). They were better equipped at bringing round the drinks trolley which you had to pay for drinks and snacks from (they did 3 of these services). The flight back was better in that the attendants did at least make an effort to be friendly. We also had very little info from TC before we flew out including nothing at all about any possible trips. Thomson’s bombard you with this sort of stuff (counting the weeks down to when you go with emails and suggestions for trips). I tend to do my own trips as you can always find them cheaper in the resorts, but if TC don’t even send any info how on earth do they expect to sell the trips? I am not a marketing expert but this is poor show (and will be costing them money). Aren’t they in financial difficulties? Little wonder in my view. Transport from the airport was also very poor (although no fault of the minibus driver who was very friendly). The airport is chaotic and TC eventually sent a minibus with 10 seats for 11 passengers. Not very good at all! In the defence of TC the price we paid was less than we would have paid with another operator and given that we only really used them to get there it probably was on balance ok, but basic stuff like making complimentary soft drinks available on long flights and improving the info. they send out before your holiday would dramatically improve the experience.
On to the holiday itself. It was made by the truly exceptional friendliness of the Mexican people. They do appreciate tips, but it makes no difference to the service which is exceptional regardless. Without exception every person we met both at the hotel and outside of it was very friendly and could not do enough to help you (whatever you wanted). The staff at the hotel are very friendly and always smile. Frankly, they had the patience of saints in my view. We did not encounter a lot of bad behaviour (other than an American lady with small children throwing a glass of wine over the table one evening – nice!) but the staff at the hotel do have to contend with some rather demanding customers (particularly those from America). Standards at the hotel are really high and this is testament to the work of the staff there who are constantly cleaning (and smiling!). Nothing is a trouble for them on any level. My understanding is that the rooms are of variable quality and we did hear of people changing rooms (they seem very happy to move you if you ask) but we had no complaints at all. In fact the opposite. I was really hoping to get an ocean view room and we got two for our party, both on the ground floor. You could trot down to the beach in seconds! Swimming in the ocean at 6am a few steps from your room! I would recommend you ask for an ocean view room if you want one as they are in a lovely position. I agree the rooms are slightly tired in décor, as some others have said, but we had a huge double bed and everything we needed. Maids clean the rooms very day and they are spotless.
Food. You will not go hungry at this hotel. Breakfast is absolutely delicious. Freshly cooked omelettes and freshly cooked pancakes, along with every other food imaginable. Coffee and tea is a good quality which is highly unusual in my experience when you travel abroad. Lunch by the pool or in the waterpark is burgers, hotdogs and nachos with lovely fresh salad. The burgers are cooked freshly in front of you and are absolutely delicious. Waiters serve you drinks and we never had to wait to be served. You can also get lunch inside the dining hall but we loved the burgers outside so never got around to trying that. Dinner is served either in the entertainments theatre hall or in the dining room. Both are very nice and the choice of food is very good. You get two nights dining at the fish restaurant per week which is really excellent (you have to book this and you might be advised to do that soon after you arrive). There is tea and coffee available all day and you can get snacks at the pool snack bar. Water is always from bottles (including ice etc). Each of the bars have water dispensers so you can buy a bottle from the shop and then refill as much as you want over the time you are there (thanks to the TC rep for this info as it saved us money as I am obsessive about drinking lots of water in the heat). Drinks from the bar are very good. Probably not quite as strong as at home, but this is probably a good thing. After all who wants to spend their holiday with a hangover?
Entertainment is plentiful although we tended not to do much of that, so can’t comment but generally it looked very good.
If you want to do trips that is a lady in the hotel who will book for you and gives you lots of info and had been on the trips. I would strongly recommend them. Ask the hotel concierge if you want to know anything. They know everything from the local buses to the best places to eat and shop. They are very friendly too.
The local area. The hotel it set away from the hotel zone. This suited us, but if you want to be in walking distance of the main area then this hotel is not for you. There are some local fish restaurants in the area which you can walk to. These tend to be frequented by local people and we did not get chance to go unfortunately as we were only there a week but I heard that they were very good. There are some local Mayan ruins just down the road (turn right out of the hotel and walk for about 10 minutes). Absolutely brilliant for a few pounds. You will also see loads of iguanas and lizards (although to be fair you see them all over as we soon gathered!) The ruins are great and well worth the few pounds to get in. You can get a local bus from outside the hotel – again to be recommended. Costs 8 pesos and is very friendly. You can go to the ferry terminal (which you can also walk to from the hotel. It is perfectly safe and will take about 20 minutes). Ferry will take you over to the ‘women’s island’ where you can hire a golf buggy (that is how most people travel there) which is worth it to see the island and you can spend time on what must be one of the most lovely beaches ever. As you get to the island and you turn left and come to a beach. Keep walking further down to the other side of the beach as it is pure paradise. It is worth getting a bed as the café owners come and serve you at the bed with drinks/ food/ snacks etc and none are over-priced. I would recommend the trip as it is a lovely day out. We also took a trip to Xel Ha. which we booked at the hotel. If you are interested in water and fish this is the trip for you. It is a truly exceptional place. You get all inclusive and the drinks and food are first class. There is too much to do in one day, but it is truly brilliant. My daughter said it ‘was the best day of her life’! and that was before they swam with the dolphins! My only complaint was the pictures and DVD of the dolphin swim were very expensive. We bought a DVD and 2 pics for just under £100. I expected to pay a lot and for a once in a life time experience this is probably ok, but my biggest disappointment when we got back was the DVD. They only show you half of the session and they cut the bits where you kiss and dance with the dolphins (which is actually the more individual part). I am trying to get in touch to see that they see about this, but it was very upsetting and marred what was otherwise an exceptional visit to a truly special place. Recommend this with 10*s if you like water!
We took an evening trip to the hotel zone. You can get a bus outside the hotel to the downtown (which is worth looking around – lots of shops, less commercialised than the hotel zone). You can then get a bigger bus to the hotel zone. The hotel give you a map and tell you were to get off the bus. It is very built up and we were glad we stayed away from there, but worth a look for future reference.
For a first visit to Mexico we thought the whole holiday was amazing. We can't wait to go back and we will definitely think about staying at the Sea Adventure. It is a truly lovely place and thanks to all the staff who make it so great!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view

Osoyoos, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The room situation really is a crap-shoot. There are good and bad rooms. This is our second visit to Sea Adventure and it feels like home to us. The people who run the hotel are absolutely the best staff in the world!

The staff works so hard to make it fun for the kids and grownups.

Kids Club: We love Orfy, Wendy, Ali, Andrea - you are all so extraordinary and sweet.
Bartender: Miguel (we love you).

So many good waiters I can't even name them but they all do their best.

Front desk staff is totally willing to work with you if you have an issue.

Shows are sweet and they do their best to entertain and they are a treat and appreciative.

Bad Things: Hotel store absolutely userous prices and need some basics (crayons and paper). Sunscreen is an absolute crime price-wise.

Over-all we love Sea Adventure and plan to come back for our third visit next year.

Sea Adventure Management Team

Been to All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark? Share your experiences!