“Beautiful Beachfront” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Marlin

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Villas Marlin
Boulevard Kukulkan, Km. 13.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #55 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Brampton, Canada
“Beautiful Beachfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Alvin and Fernando are excellent hosts. Upon arrival we felt immediately welcome and at home. Villa 439 has nice privacy with one bedroom and bathroom on each level. The Villa furnishings make you feel at home and are classy yet comfortable. WIFI worked perfectly and was handy to have. The Villas Marlin complex is very well maintained, secure and clean. Even the restrooms by the pool are high class. There is plenty of patio space around the different pools. The beach is clean and the sand is powder white. We loved the waves and even my 82 year old mother-in-law enjoyed her ocean dip each day.
We were very happy with the entire rental process. We couldn't have asked for more and will definitely return whenever we are able to.

Room Tip: Villa 439 has a great ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our stay at the Villas Marlin was great !

Great service from Alvin and Fernando. The condo 715 was great with a lot of room space and excellent views from every rooms. TV's in every room, free phone call and internet, etc.

Very close from everything, the beach was great and the pools too (no pool jaccuzi's were working in the hotel). Friendly hotel staff and very safe.

The only minor point was the condition of the small convenience tools (like toaster not working, no towel to dry the dishes, very bad cooking set) but Hey that did stop us to make food and enjoy greatly the place !

Thanks Alvin and Fernando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived in Cancun, Alvin and Fernando were MORE than accommodating and made sure we settled into our ville (615) comfortably. The villa itself was very clean and had THE MOST AMAZING VIEW of the ocean and sunrise! Fernando saw to it that we had a fun time at various clubs and restaurants and recommended other activities that our family could enjoy. We have stayed in other areas of cancun, but you just can't beat the price for what you are getting with Alvin and Fernando! I plan to return next year for another fantastic vacation with these two guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in unit #324 for a month this summer. We had an amazing experience and truly wish that this condo was our home for much longer than a month! This was our 3rd time renting from Yania Rodriguez from Blue Aqua Vacations and everything was wonderful as usual! The condo was beautiful and clean. I would book with Yania without hesitation. She truly makes the experience stress-free and is very attentive!

The 3 bed/2.5 bath condo is split on two floors with gorgeous ocean views from the Master Bedroom, Guest Bedroom, Living Room, Dining, and Kitchen. The only room without a view is the children's bedroom and 2 bathrooms. The Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms are upstairs, downstairs is a large Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, and 1/2 bath. It is an ideal layout when traveling with a family. Especially with our family since we have 2 teenage boys and 2 younger girls (4, 6). The little ones can sleep peacefully upstairs while the adults and older children play games or watch movies downstairs. The complex is located directly on the beach.

The complex is extremely safe and very clean. We saw the maintenance crew cleaning the very nice public bathrooms by the main pool almost hourly. There are many security guards throughout, they are very nice and friendly. They even would come up to our condo and let us know if our children had forgotten some of their beach gear down by the pool many hours before, which was really nice because they knew one of our son's has to swim with a life vest because he has seizures and it would be a bummer if we had lost it. The security guards also made sure that only people staying at Villas Marlin came inside the compound. A couple of times a few "partying" type of groups tried to come and swim in the pools and they stopped them. There are 3 pools (one of them is a children's pool that is maybe 2 feet deep), plenty of open sun chairs, and palapas for shade. It really is beautiful! There is also a little restaurant that is open during the busy season that serves drinks and basic bar food by the pool.

We have been to Cancun in all seasons but we love the summer best when the turtles come on the beach and lay their eggs. Two of the security guards would come and get us around midnight as a turtle was laying their eggs. The life guard also let our children dig out a few eggs and hold them one of the mornings before replanting them in the "egg garden". The move all the eggs to a special area that is fenced off. If you come in the fall they will also let the children help the baby turtles to sea.

The condo is situated perfectly in the Hotel Zone of Cancun. There is only an access street (like an alley) between Villas Marlin and Kukulcan Mall. At the Mall there are pharmacies (think Rite Aid) where you can buy basic things like milk, snacks, sunscreen, etc. There are also many shops for souvenirs, clothes, jewelry, movies, and restaurants. We ate at a nice Italian restaurant, Ruth Chris, Burger King, and Haagan Daz. There are also high end stores like Coach, Louis Vuitton, Kenneth Cole, etc.

Outside of Kukulcan Mall is where you can get a taxi or catch a bus. We prefer to ride the bus. It's 8.5 pesos whereas most Taxi rides within the Hotel Zone are 100 pesos. The buses are pretty clean, especially if you compare it to cities of the same size in the US. Cancun is shaped like a 7, so if you are staying in the hotel zone it is really easy to ride the buses as they all run up and down the 7 constantly, often there are 2 or 3 buses stopping at the stop at the same time. You stand on one side of the road to go north, and the other side of the road to catch it going south. We also took the buses into the main city center to go to church and to do major grocery shopping. You can take the bus to the ferry for Isla Mujeres and on a couple of other snorkeling adventures, or to the main depot to catch a bus to Playa Del Carmen or if you are going to any ruins. Our children love the buses and the teenagers can navigate using them.

There is a mini-mart at the bottom of the complex that has a few necessities. It's also where we buy water and ice but for major grocery shopping we went into the city and shopped at Sam’s Club and Wal-mart. We usually ride the bus in and a taxi back, depending on the amount of groceries we buy, which is very easy to do as they are waiting right outside the entrance of the stores. My parents visited us for 10 days and they went to an actual farmer an hour outside of Cancun to get chicken and lamb, they also met the boats coming in early in the morning and bought fish and lobster. The lobster boats come in the evening but they were able to get her some that they had frozen from an earlier catch. The fish and lobster were amazing! The lobster tail was a foot long, I've never seen one so big. My parents don't speak Spanish and they had no problem going on their adventures.

My shopping adventures aren't really quite as big unless you call shopping at Wal-mart with 4 kids much of an adventure. It really is that safe to ride the transportation that I went into the city center with my 4 children by myself (we are not fluent either). My husband is but he stayed at the condo working. You can buy almost anything at Wal-mart. It really isn't much different then the huge Wal-Marts in Texas. My children loved choosing fresh pastries from the bakery. They have a huge bakery selection compared to the US and each pastry is about 3-8 peso. We also loved the fresh pico de gallo and tortillas, those were about 25 pesos.

We cooked most of our meals in the condo. It is fully equipped with a stove, oven, and microwave. There is a great blender and juicer, plenty of pots and pans. The fridge/freezer is quite large compared to the ones we saw in other condos. Other condos had tiny apartment style fridges. I only wanted to make a grocery run once a week so it was important to me to have a large refrigerator. There are also plenty of cabinets to store all of your food and snacks. Again, very important when you are buy chips, crackers, cookies, and soda by the case from Sam's!

I really want to stress how safe Cancun really is! Many of our friends thought we were crazy to go to Mexico for a month with our children, like "how scary". But in reality Cancun is extremely safe. You will not see a drug war enfolding before your eyes as news reports may have you believe. It's kind of like saying you wouldn't go to New York because there are riots in Los Angeles. The Mexicans we met are truly so kind and warm. I can't believe how many of them apologized to us for not speaking English very well, when our Spanish was really so poor and they were the ones helping us out.

Room Tip: Many of the condos have partial ocean views and are blocked by condos in front of them. Make sure y...
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My brother got married in Cancun in July and I needed two condos for the twelve members of my family that were flying in from the U.S. and Latin America. After emailing with Alvin, we booked villas 439 and 715. My girlfriend and I had spent a few days on Isla Mujeres and Alvin was kind enough to pick us up and take us to Villas Marlin. The Villas are gorgeous! The complex is right on the beach, it has three pools and three jacuzzis, and has a very nice shopping center behind it. It is guarded 24/7 (not that we felt unsafe at any time) and Alvin and Fernando are on the premises and available through an innovative Cloud network. Villa 439 accommodated 6 people, had a great kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and a balcony overlooking the turquoise ocean. Villa 715, the penthouse, accommodated 6 people, had a large living room, a great kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 3 balconies overlooking all of Cancun and the ocean, PLUS a roof deck with patio furniture and a hot tub. My girlfriend and I, and my whole family were very impressed with the our accommodations and the proximity to the rest of Cancun. Fernando knows all about the Cancun night life and what to see and the Cloud network made it easy to communicate with Alvin and Fernando in case we needed anything (extra bedding and towels, 5 gallon jugs of water, etc..). We highly recommend staying here and we look forward to staying here again.
David and Anna
New York, NY

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

At first I didn't want to say anything here because I wanted to keep this a secret all to myself. But then I would not be doing any justice for Villa Marlin.
This is paradise!
Alvin was there the whole time in case I needed anything regarding the stay. The van was there right on time and took us back on time.
Talk to Fernando regarding the activities in town. He knows all the ins and outs about car rentals and the nightlife and is there on call for you anytime.
Everything is close by. Restaurants, shopping and there is public transportation all over. If you are a scuba diver (as I am) I recommend AQUA WORLD which is not even a mile south of the place!
There is 24/7 gated security with guards. They are very vigilant. One even challenged me when I was cleaning my car (Which I appreciated!!!)
Also there is WiFi and it is free!
Please do yourself a favor and book here! You will thank me when you get back!

Robert/ Dallas, TX

Sahuarita, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed in condo #435 owned by Frank John and Jacky. First of all, I did A LOT of research to find nice accomadations for a reasonable price and what we found at Villas Marlin blew everything else away! 2 bedrooms with full functional kitchen (including oven) and breath taking view for only $89/night! Why stay in a stuffy impersonable hotel when you can feel like home in a condo and not have to stick around for meals?

The pool/Beach was very close. The pool was very large and there were three to choose from. I will say the pool was warm more like a hot tub and the hot tubs weren't heated---but maybe they are in the winter?? Surrounding the pool is a posh bathroom and quaint palapas along with many lawn chairs. We had the whole place to ourselves! The beach was the best I've ever been to! Man, once you go to Cancun, no other beach holds a candle! The water was warm but refreshing and the sands were great. The beach just in front had yellow flags but everywhere else red.

The air-conditioner was ice cold--sometimes too cold, but that's a good thing 'cause you can always just turn it off. The floors were marble and the shower very spacious. My only complaints--it would have been nice to have a dish towel, a hand towel, and dish soap/rag. But we bought some, no biggie.

The housekeeper Landy came every other day, changed towels and cleaned IMMACULATELY! I didn't meet her but heard she was very pleasant.

The condo is just steps from the back door of Kulkucan plaza, a great mall. And the bus stop very close just in front of the mall. I can't fathom a better location, so central to everything. The bus system in Cancun is amazing--never had to wait more than 2 minutes and buses were clean and fast! Why would anyone rent a car?!

The icing on the cake was that we had a problem with the safe that was 'our' fault and the owners were super cool about it and had someone come fix it right away at no cost to us!

Villas Marlin was amazing--thank you Frank John and Jacky, we'd come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas Marlin? Share your experiences!