“Ocean Club Very Disappointing!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Club Suites Cancun

Ocean Club Suites Cancun
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Ocean Club Suites Cancun
Save Saved
You added Ocean Club Suites Cancun to your Saves list
Paseo Pok-Ta-Pok 80 | Quintana Roo, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #149 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
LOS ANGELES, CA
“Ocean Club Very Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

YourCancunVacation.Com said this was a 4-5 star Resort, but it's more like a 2-3 star! The service and the food was very good, but there are no elevators, no bath tub in the room only a shower, no iron & board, no microwave, and no mini refrigerator. The air conditioner worked but was very old, loud, and worn out. The lighting was poor. Obviously, the view and closeness to the beach was a plus, but that's about it. Overall, don't book through YourCancunVacation.Com, and find a nicer hotel for the same price!

• Liked — The Service, The Closeness To The Beach.
  • Disliked — The Room.
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

Alright.... well there were only 2 different guys that worked the front desk the whole time we were there and neither spoke English. The pool wasn't more than 4 ft deep in any spot...and the pool bar? Well there was the existence of one but it had not been used in a long time (so we had to get our own alcohol together and make one). This was quite awhile after the Hurricane (yeah, over a year) and the meeting rooms in the office building were still not fixed, as well as part of the ceiling. There is a little store in the hotel but not a very good selection at all, mainly junk food and water. I think I spent more money on bus and taxi fare to and from the beach/the strip than I did on anything else. The building near the beach and "wet bar" looked like it was about to collapse and thatch was still all over, obviously had fallen off the roofs. Our rooms were ok...A/C worked good but people from other rooms had to move because theirs' was broken. We did have hot water but we couldn't adjust the shower head and the pressure felt like needles on us. Keep food in storage, lots of lil red ants all over the rooms, as well as a lizard on our deck and found a cockroach in a towel and one in a suitcase. No elevator whatsoever, anywhere! Every single one of the lawn chairs by the pool (which closes every night at 11 and the guy at the front desk will come out and pour powdered chlorine in the pool if you try to swim after hours) was broken and if they werent broken, they were cracked and would break when sat on. Anyway, the only reason this hotel was somewhat fun was because there were a lot of other spring breakers there, otherwise it would have been horrible! Beware!...

• Stayed March 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

After reading these reviews, I can't believe they were actually written about the same hotel where I stayed. It looks like all of these reviews are fairly old, so maybe the hotel has had some management changes since then? Five of my friends and I stayed at the Ocean Club for a week during spring break last month and we couldn't have been happier with the place. We were understandably nervous about staying here after reading all of these reviews about cockroaches and no hot water, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was perfectly clean and comfortable. We had an enormous suite with more than enough room, not to mention a beautiful view of the golf course, hot water that lasted through six showers every day and a full working kitchen. There were issues with the toilet flushing, but that's the case in all of Cancun; it wasn't just a problem at the hotel. The staff was friendly and accomodating and willing to supply us with extra towels daily. The pool was great and always clean. There wasn't any restaurant or bar open when we were there, but you go into town for all that anyway. I don't understand the complaints about walking-- I guess people are just lazy. It's about a 5 minute walk to the taxi stops or a 10 minute walk to the main road. You can hop on a city bus from there (they come by literally every minute or so) and go basically anywhere for 65 cents. In short, it was a great place for what we paid. I wouldn't recommend it for families or honeymooners or people who have to be on the beach 24/7, but for the typical college student on spring break, it's a great choice!

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2005

We were wondering what the hotel was going to look like after the shuttle from the airport passed all the nice ones, the scenery wasn't appealing, and we turned down a road on the other side of the beach. It was not good. There was no food or restaurant there. One plus is that if you were drunk it'd be hard to drown since the most of the pool was only 2 foot deep with leaves and tree limbs all in the bottom. We had to carry our own bags up 4 flights of steps while the man with the key led the way and then expected a tip for just showing us where our room was. We did have a balcony with a beautiful view of a gigantic sand trap on a golf course. There wasn't any hot water.. And they had no fears of people wanting to take their towels, because they were so tattered, stained, and ratty to even want to use.
We decided to walk into town for breakfast and were warn out by the time we hit the main road. There was no way I was going to walk 15 minutes to see the beach.. This was supposed to be a luxurious vacation., I wanted the beach to be right next to my room. The people weren't friendly. We were supposed to stay a week, no way. We had reservations to a real hotel by the next morning. And since no one was at the desk for 30 minutes, we left the key on the counter and took off. But we might not have appreciated our stay at the new hotel as much if we weren't dumped in this crapper first. When we arrived I kept repeating to myself, "This can't be right, this can't be our hotel. There's a mistake, we're in the wrong place." Don't delibrately plan to vacation here.

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2005

if you were on spirng break you would love this place, just because you'd probably be drunk the whole time. we booked a vacation and ended up on a hell journey. we only stayed one night because it was already to late to not stay at all. only one shower was taken and since i was hung over i didn't mind the cold water. we only saw one other guest at the hotel and yet we were still put on the fourth floor w/ no elevator. all the furniture is concrete or looks like it was rescued from the last hurricane. we slept on the couch since the coushion was thicker than the mattress. at check-out there was noone in the office so after a few minutes i just threw the key on the counter and left. take my advice and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

I'm not sure if all of these people are writing about the same hotel. Me and four of my friends went down there for Spring Break and had an awesome time. The hotel staff, expecially at the pool bar were really nice and friendly.(they like to have the party at the bar, all day) We had more then enough hot water for 5 people and there were No cockroaches. There were a few ants on the counter between the kitchen and the living room, but that is the only spot and they did no harm. (you could barely even see them.) This is deffinetly the hotel to stay at for Spring Break, but not for honeymoons and anniversarys, etc (it's no Hilton). The hotel even has a security guy out front for most of the day and night, to make sure nothing happens. You have to flush the toilet like 4-7 times before everything will go down but they do work. And thats everywhere you go, infact most of the restuarants/ clubs, had a sign saying to put your paper waste in the garbage not the toilet, point is (it's the whole country thing, not the hotel itself.) Really the only bad thing was the 1/2 mile walk to get to the main road to get on the bus. But it helps keep you in shape after drinking all that beer. =:) Great Time in Cancun, Hotel was Fine, and Spring Break is a must. I would go back to this hotel again for spring break!

• Stayed March 2005
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2005

I will start this off by saying this was our first trip to Cancun and it WILL not be our last. Although we had a very bad experience staying at the Ocean Club, that did not take away from our having a great time. I can not say one good thing about The Ocean Club. Its 4 stories no elevators, toilets wouldnt flush, food was terrible, beds/pillows should be burned for firewood. Stoves didnt work in each of the THREE units we were assigned to, Sewer Gas in two of the rooms .I could go on but I am sure you get the picture. We went so many places in 5 days I cant begin to remember them all. The Mexican Food we ate was outstanding. I like to eat with the locals so I tried everything I could find that I couldnt get in the states. I did keep one or two rules about water and fruit, there were four of us and no one got the Hersey Squirts. I am quite impressed with the friendly people. I know they want our peso's, but these people were really nice to be around. My one advise to myself when we return in March is get some better walking shoes. My dogs barked at by the end of the day... All in All I would say That this was one of the best vacations we have ever taken.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Ocean Club Suites Cancun? Share your experiences!