“Beach with NO palapas or umbrellas” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Tucancun Beach

You added Barcelo Tucancun Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Tucancun Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 13.5 | Lote 24, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #43 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
“Beach with NO palapas or umbrellas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Property is in a great location just in the back of Kukulcan Plaza, you can get the bus and be at Plaza la Isla in 5 minutes and in Punta Cancun (where the Clubs are) in 10 minutes for just $8.50 pesos (less than $1 dll.), those buses work until late hours so is not hard to find them.
Well, about the SERVICE at the hotel the check in and out are a Chaos; it look like the staff is not well trained and they take so long to give you a room, so the line can be long.(it was not full, so I don't want to imagine when it is), the worst of all is when you go and make check-out (which is neccessary) you have to make line together with the check-in, so imagine the wasting of time =S... make this with time, so you can get calm to the airport.
The BEACH is beautiful, BUT you can't enjoy it the whole day, at least you want to be burned. You have to go at 7:00 am till 10 or until 5:30 m when the sun is less harmfull. There are no umbrellas, or palapas where you can hide a while of the sun; you only have your beach chairs and anything else, NOT SERVICE AT THE BEACH also. So is an All-Inclusive with no service at the beach?.. no good.
FOOD: is not good at all, every day is the same menu in lunch and dinner... breakfast is the most rescatable meal of the day... they are very used to return people to put more clothes so they can enter restaurants... but they don't offer a snack menu to the pool area so people can saty in bathing suit.
ROOMS: very clean, beds are a little firm but comfortables; not very cold AC; the minibar needs to be filled with cold drinks, because they put them hot, and at the moment you want to enjoy it it are not cool enough.
I will not stay again at this hotel, beacuase the Service, and most of all because you cant be at the beach enjoying of all inclusive service and a good shadow in the middle of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean view, is beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mpgiesemann, Manager at Barcelo Tucancun Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Pamela

Receive a warm salute from Barceló Tucancún Beach
I hope this message finds you well. Customer’s feedback is very important to us. I have reviewed this claim regarding your recent trip to our hotel and I am deeply sorry that you encountered some issues during your stay, because customer satisfaction is our top priority and it seems that you didn´t have an entirely pleasing holiday . Although we work really hard in order to guarantee a worry free vacation.

We have strong commitment with customer satisfaction and high quality in our products, we work hard to maintain our property in optimal condition. In a few weeks 40 palapas would be installed along the beach.
We are working really hard enforcing our service areas to maintain the service quality through out the hotel

I assure you that all departments involved on this claim where well informed about it, corrective measures and evaluation will be taken.

Once again, I reiterate our apology on this matter and hope to have an opportunity to change this bad impression and regain your confidence on a future vacation.

Please don´t hesitate to contact me for any further comments.

Ricardo Reyna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Clermont, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We traveled to Barcelo Tucancun July 19th- 26th. The grounds were nice and the staff were very friendly. We liked that there was plenty of space at the pools and on the beach. The entertainment staff at the activity pool were great (Ulysses and Enrique especially). The beach was stunning and clean as was the Barcelo property.Our room was ok, it was a little warm as others have stated. The only real downside is the food. This is my 7th all-inclusive in Cancun and I wasn't expecting 5 star cuisine but this was by far the worst of them all. The grounds, staff and the location I liked a lot but would not return here because of the food. Our bed was also very "firm" and not real comfortable but not that big of a deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Barcelo Tucancun Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear johnstew

Customer’s feedback is very important to us. I have reviewed this claim regarding your recent trip to our hotel and I am deeply sorry that you encountered issues during your stay.
We have been implementing new menus to improve the variety of our food, we´re working very hard to give you the best service.

Quincy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been to Cancun many times. I do read reviews for reference only! I go with expectation, not with the attitude that I have it all coming to me. With that said we felt very blessed with our stay. Room 6008 was the very best! Breathtaking view and a corner room with TWO balconies!!
Food was not bad, and the servers were the best. To sum up this trip we were quite satisfied and will go back. Thank you Tucancun!!!

Room Tip: Go with superior ocean view. It is well worth the money. Sixth floor has a view you will remember fo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Barcelo Tucancun Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear willjmccall
Greetings, thanks for choosing Barcelo Tucancun It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,

It would be a pleasure to have you with your family on a longer break soon.
With best regards,
Lampasas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my first time to stay at a tropical all inclusive resort in over 12 years! I thouroughly enjoyed it! This hotel is amazing! The views are breath taking. The pools are ample and spacious....no overcrowding! The beach is a short walk away and the water is lovely! The staff is friendly and eager to help. The bartenders in the lobby bar are exceptionally fun and good mixology artists! It's a place to go if you just want to chill and take in the good life! I see tons of food complaints on here, but honestly, I'm not going there to eat! I didn't starve, enjoyed each meal, and gained 7 pounds in days!! Pretty sure the food was fine! I will definitely go back. LOVED IT!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kim L

Thank you for choosing Barceló Tucancún during your trip to Cancun. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

We are very happy to know you had an amazing time with us, we would feel very honored to welcome you again so please let us know about your next trip, to make it even better

Alburtis, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in Cancun..and it was fabulous. From the moment we landed we were treated amazing. The transportation was set up prior to us traveling down..when we landed they had all of our info and started our venture. The resort was absolutely amazing. Clean, organized activities by the pool and a beautiful view of the beach. If u stay here make sure you get an ocean view balcony room. It is def worth the upgrade...all of the wait staff were super friendly..especially cindy and alberto...constantly working hard and doing their best to accomadate! The guys who work the pool are great too. Theres water aerobics and bingo everyday as well as basketball and kids activities. Every night we were there they had a different show in the theatre room..we only went to two but they were great. They have three fabulous pools..the main pool where the activities were..the infinity pool and then the adult only swim up bar pool. They were kept very clean and the lounge/ bar area of every pool was usually kept quite spotless..there were left over cups here and there but nothing that interrupted our great time!

The only suggestions i would have for this resort would be...switching up the buffet options..have bacon at breakfast..have the maid refill the mini bar in the rooms ( it was included in our package however we had to constantly remind them to fill it and they never did)...the main pool temperature needs to be cooler..was waaaay too warm but the other pools were great!

Overall i was very pleasantly surprised and when i return to cancun this will be the place i stay at! Thank you staff for making us feel at home!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this resort for 10 days. Cancun is amazing i'd definitely return, however, not to this hotel again. The hotel has good and bad points:

GOOD - The entertainment team are amazing!! Ulises, Enrique and Elena. Always have games etc in the pool everyday such as bingo and water polo which are good for all ages. They take you out on a night to the clubs in Cancun (on a free coach) and make sure you're well looked after with a big supply of drinks all night. They can't do enough for you and are 100% the best thing about this hotel.

Hotel staff - All the staff are very friendly, although the more you tip, the more they will do for you. The only negative comment I can say about the staff is that the check-in process was extremely slow (and after a 10 hour flight it's the worst thing ever!) and the man on the front reception did not apologise for our wait.

Cleanliness - The hotel and rooms are always so clean, cleaners come round everyday and fill the fridge up (free of charge). Cleaners are probably the best people to tip as I could imagine they'd be on a shocking wage!

Location - The hotel is situated on the beach and in walking distance of a big shopping centre with a pharmacy and a Burger King in ;). There's a bus stop and taxis right outside.

Night time entertainment - We only went to see the magician who was amazing!

Beach/pool towels are provided

A lot of people on the reviews complained about the air conditioning not being cold enough. In our case the room was sometimes too cold which is a good thing in the Mexican heat!

BAD points -

Food - We were not expecting the food to be amazing as it's an all inclusive but the food here is very repetitive and below average. Breakfast is strange as they were serving a lot of fried food, lunch is basically pizza, chips and burgers everyday. Dinner is horrible. The whole holiday I ate: Bread, cheese and croissants. One night they had Chinese food on. I wish they would have informed us of this as i cannot stand Chinese food, so i had to eat bread. I would say the food in this hotel is rubbish for a picky eater (like me) or children. Do not visit the Mexican restaurant it is disgusting!

Wi-fi - Is very expensive. My friend got free wifi for three days as the swimming pool dyed her hair green at the ends. It has rubbish signal and i would definitely not pay for it.

Pools - Do not take expensive bikinis or swimming costumes. The chlorine turned our bikinis a green/yellow colour which does not wash out.

Overall the only thing that would bring me back to this hotel is the location and the entertainment team. Avoid if you enjoy food!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel since before it was owned by Barcelo. I have always had a pleasant experience here. It may not be the fanciest, with the most posh rooms or exquisite restaurants... but honesrly, you shouldn't be coming to Mexico if you're looking to spend it all indoors, anyways.

The staff is very friendly and always, I mean ALWAYS, willing to help you. Doesn't matter what time of the day or night. The hotel is very clean, with a good varying choice of food at the 3 restaurants. The menu's change daily, so there really is something for everyone. (Again its not 5 star dining. If you need 5 star food, go to the Ritz down the road). If there is an issue with your room, which is NOT common, maintenance is prompt and efficient.

I go to Cancun to have an enjoyable experience in a hotel that is clean, friendly, comfortable, and not overwhelming in size... that also has access to the beach. Barcelo Tucancun delivers every single year. I will be back next spring for another week.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book to request an ocean view. The Lagoon is nice, but nothing beats the ocean fi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Barcelo Tucancun Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Jody

It was a pleasure to have you with us, We are very happy to know you had an amazing time , we would feel very honored to welcome you again so please let us know about your next trip, to make it even better

Marc Giesemann

Been to Barcelo Tucancun Beach? Share your experiences!