“Becoming Dissatisfied” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Tucancun Beach

You added Barcelo Tucancun Beach to your Saves list
Barcelo Tucancun Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 13.5 | Lote 24, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #43 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Hampden Me
“Becoming Dissatisfied”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Made reservation in Sept.12. for deluxe ocean view room. When we arrived in Mar. 13. no deluxe ocean views available. This has happened 3 of the 4 times we have stayed there. I do like the property but I have become tired of not getting the room that I reserved months in advance. Also no internet access as they advertise. Becoming dissatisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mpgiesemann, marketing Office at Barcelo Tucancun Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Costumer

Customer’s feedback is very important to us. I have reviewed this claim regarding your recent trip to our hotel and I am deeply sorry that you encountered issues during your stay. Could you please help up with more information about your stay with us like stay dates, under what name the reservation was, also if you remember the room number.

Once again, I reiterate our apology on this matter and hope to have an opportunity to change this bad impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The barcelo tucancun is fine. You won't have a terrible stay, the food won't make you sick, but it was very lackluster for the price and being four star.

The rooms are outdated and worn and my room was dirty upon arriving. It was clear they had cleaned as quickly as possible and there was long brown hair all over the floors in the room and bathroom. The dresser drawers were broken and the window did not fully close.

I went with a group of six, two rooms, which we booked under the same reservation and paid all under the same card and months before arrival. We were told we could not get rooms near or next to eachother even though this had been requested when we booked, but we would be in the same tower. Well that was a lie because we had to use two separate elevators to get to our rooms from other sides of the resort. The next day when i asked to switch they told me it would cost $150 fee.

Elevators were broken all the time. They directed us to use the service elevator which was smelly and dirty.

The food was just okay. The main buffet was fine, but they don't alter the options too much day to day so this grows old. Water is like a scarce commodity and you have to flag down the staff to get some poured at your table. The one reservation restaurant is quite good and staff there was exceptional. The other buffets are just so so. I don't expect much at an all inclusive resort, but other resorts in cancun where i have stayed have had MUCH better food than this. They also claimed to have food available 24 hours but that was never once the case.

Drinks were made with very very low quality alcohol and you can only get sugary drinks or beer.

The pool areas were very nice and beautiful and the hotel is right on the beach which was well maintained and clean. There is no hot tub.

Some of the staff was very nice and others quite rude.

Overall I would recommend you stay elsewhere, you can get better value for your money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Barcelo Tucancun Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I went to Barcelo Tucancun last March. Great layout directly on the beach. Large rooms complete with minibar and fridge, iron and ironing board, room safe(payable) .
The hotel has several bars and restaurants all of which serve great food. The staff are friendly and helpful and as we were there during spring break they were infinitely patient with American and Canadian students). We enjoyed the holiday so much we are booked there again this year

Room Tip: Do take the bus to Cancun centre, Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Barceló Tucancún It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,
We hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you happen to visit Cancun in the future

Brantford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good: Animation/Entertainment staff. clean grounds, small size of the hotel made it easy to get around. Good layout. Beautiful Beach

Terrible: Service at front desk, food, restaurants, drink service, no music at Swim up bar, no wifi provided. Had to pay for room safe

Positives: Great location on the Cancun strip. Beautiful Beach. Close to airport, downtown and shopping mall.

13 years ago, I stayed at Barcelo Maya Beach resort for my honeymoon and LOVED it, so when my friends and I planned a girls getaway to Cancun, I was comfortable endorsing the Barcelo Tucancun, based on my previous experience. What a mistake!!! We were on a budget, and this hotel fit within that budget. Yes - you do get what you pay for, but SERVICE should be part of the deal no matter what you pay! Front desk service was rude and basically dishonest. I can't count how many times I heard "I so sorry but" to any request we made. Many times they flat out lied to us.It seems to be acceptable protocol with this hotel: "tell them no and to come to check back later". Who wants to spend their entire vacation trudging up to the front desk only to be told "no, I so sorry". One of our requests was to upgrade to a balcony room - we were willing to pay for that, but no, they so sorry, that was not possible, check tomorrow. ANYWAY - We certainly are not high demand customers - and we are all well-traveled. The food choices and restaurants were very bad. Fried burgers, steaks and seafood (not grilled), and hot trays full of saucy mishmash. Not a slice of bacon the whole time. Only good thing was the Mexican restaurant - chips and salsa, fajitas were good. The Animation/entertainment staff were the only staff that I saw smile, laugh or actually care whether we were having a good time. They work very hard and help make our trip better. The beach was beautiful - BUT NO DRINK SERVICE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel is graded 3.5 star and it far exceeded my expectations. My room had an ocean view and it was lovely, the minibar in the room was a nice touch and re-filled daily with beer, soft drinks, chocolate and peanuts. The hotel has a main pool where all the entertainment takes place but there are other pools you can escape to for peace and quiet. I loved the adult only pool with the swim up bar. There's a good shopping centre opposite the hotel (Kukulcan Plaza) and the La Isla shopping centre is about 5-10 mins walk away. It's really easy to get buses up to the main nightlife, they're really frequent and it's only about 45p. Taxis were quite reasonable too. For those that want to party one of the bars is open until about 6am and serves nachos until the early hours. The hotel has a main restaurant and also has other restaurants you can dine in that you need to make a reservation for, the seafood one is nice. I found the food to be really good for a 3.5 star. I was really impressed with this hotel and found it great value for money. It was far better than I expected it to be.

Room Tip: Definitely try and get a high floor sea view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Costumer
Greetings, thanks for choosing Barceló Tucancun It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,

It would be a pleasure to have you on a longer break soon.
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our room was directly above the ventilation equipment on the main street.,when we booked an ocean view. The front desk would not help and finally management was going to move us to the room we paid for the night before leaving. NOT....; instead they gave us 4 40oz bottles of liquor. Like that was going to help.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Barcelo in Febuary and have a wonderful time. It was our first all-inclusive so didn't really have any expectations. The food was great, the weather great and the beach and views were awesome!! The hotel rooms were clean and the the staff did a great job of keeping fridge in room stocked and the place clean. The staff were were all very very friendly!! They went out of their way to make you happy! The city bus came within a block of the hotel and that was easy to ride and get places. I would recommend reserving dinner at one of the restaurants for evening for something different. The shows every night were also fun to go to. Will for sure go back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,

Marc Giesemann

Been to Barcelo Tucancun Beach? Share your experiences!