“The Kokai is a really nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Plaza Kokai
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Uxmal 26 Sm 2-a, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #111 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Kokai is a really nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

Clean-towels are birds and toilet paper roses--fast room service--reasonable prices for drinks and food in restaurant and room service: Great lounge with live musica--very friendly staff-plan to return

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2006

For those who is using Priceline to book this hotel, you may encounter some problems. I recently went to Cancun with a friend and we had ordered our tickets and hotel through priceline. Everything went well untill the last night of the stay. On the last night of the stay on of the the workers told us that priceline has not paid them and that they have tried to call. I was asked to pay for the hotel first and then when I got back to NY, and contact priceline they will submit a full refund to me. (on top of that they told me that they will wait for at least 10 days before charging my credit card, so I would have the chance to get the situation straight.) But instead they charged my credit card immediately right after my stay and Proceline told me that they where not coorprating with priceline. They were not returning their calls. I have personally called them and the manger told me to email him. So i did and he never respose back, ok maybe he didn't understand english so I translated my email into spanish but yet there is no response. Therefore I don't believe I will ever recieve my refund. I just want travelers to be aware of this hotel. Other than that, the hotel was Ok. It has a weird --- smell. The pool was really small and it was in the shape of a triangle. There is a bus that will bring you to the back of a beach where the nice hotels are. The bus nly make a trip at 10 and 11 am. You will have take the public bus back to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
Witney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night on 30 July 2005. Next door to El Rey Caribe (reviewed in the LP, which would explain why that one was full and this one wasn't!). Welcoming reception area, nice bar and restaurant (although closed on Sundays). Nice large rooms with TV and A/C (no fridge though). Small angular pool but was clean and refreshing. Paid about $55 for the room.

Good location to explore downtown and also very close to the bus station (an easy 5 minute walk - even with suitcases!). Friendly reception staff, let us stay in the room until 2pm.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Hotel Plaza Kokai? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Plaza Kokai

Address: Avenida Uxmal 26 Sm 2-a, Cancun 77500, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Yucatan Peninsula > Quintana Roo > Cancun
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #111 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Plaza Kokai 3*
Hotel Plaza Kokai is located in the city of Cancun, which is often referred to as the Mexican Caribbean. Cancun is in Quintana Roo, on the Yucatan Peninsula. For a good night’s sleep, each room in Hotel Plaza Kokai is air-conditioned, and furnished with a cozy bed, hair dryer, wireless Internet access, luggage rack, and private toilet and bath. Accommodations further have a writing desk and chair. Hotel Plaza Kokai in Cancun warmly welcomes every business and leisure traveler into its safe and amply furnished confines. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Plaza Kokai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Plaza Kokai Hotel

If you own or manage Hotel Plaza Kokai, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.