We were looking for an all inclusive vacation for under $1500 per person for one week airfare included. We looked at Mexico, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic. We found a week at the Grand Park Royal for $1200 per person with non stop flights. We were a little leery of such a good price, but the reviews looked good.
I'm happy to report that we had a very nice vacation. The hotel is clean and well located. It is oceanfront, with every room ( except maybe some of the first floor rooms ) having an ocean view. My wife likes it cool and the air conditioner worked so well that we had to turn up the thermostat.
There is a very wide sand beach in front of the hotel. There are two sand volleyball courts, an area for soccer, and a turtle hatching area.
It takes about ten minutes to walk North up the street to a shopping and entertainment area. There are numerous buses and taxis available if you would rather not walk.
There is a main activity pool and an adult pool with swim up bar. We spent part of each day at the adult pool. There were plenty of loungers available and we never had to get up early to reserve one. There are about ten poolside sun beds that were always taken by 10 AM, but we were able to enjoy lounging and napping in one of them on several occasions.
Below the adult pool area was a quiet area of beach with about a dozen palapas and plenty of loungers. We enjoyed having a swim in the ocean and sunbathing in this area. On the way down to the beach we stopped at the bar at the adult pool to have our insulated cups filled with an ice cold beverage.
The food was good. I always found something good to eat at the buffet. I had the chance to sample some foods that were new to me such as the pumpkin soup with pepitas. Yummy. Make sure to try the lunch at La Concha near the activity pool. Very flavorful food. One of the highlights of my stay.
The service was very good, all the servers were doing their best to make sure that you were enjoying yourself.
The specialty restaurants were indeed special. Very attractive decor, good food selections and great service. (A similar experience near my hometown would cost over $150 per couple.) We enjoyed the Italian restaurant so much that we went twice.
In conclusion, we were happy with our decision to vacation at the Grand Park Royal. We enjoyed our week swimming, relaxing, and reading with plenty of good food and drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you’ll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun