“Great vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Save Saved
You added Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe to your Saves list
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #39 of 175 hotels in Cancun
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Great vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just came home today from a great vacation. The Grand Park Royal Caribe was absolutely fabulous. The rooms were always spotless. Everyone there was very helpful, kind and courtesy. Would stay there again. We ate at the buffet a lot as each night was a different theme. The best waiter by far was Apon! Truly entertaining. Would highly recommend staying here. We were there for 6 nights. The Royal Holiday representatives couldn't have been anymore helpful. They helped coordinate our activities. Thank you David and James Fox. We couldn't have done it without your help. 5******

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

3,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Korean first
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wife and I stayed there with two other couples this past week. Check-in was a bit lengthy, but we found the front desk to be very pleasant. They actually upgraded all three of our rooms, at no additional cost. We had reserved deluxe ocean-view, and were upgraded to the newly remodeled villas. Very nice accommodations; sparkling clean, beautiful views, and steps from one of the hotel zone's best beaches.

We've stayed at several other resorts in the Cancun area, all of which happened to be more expensive, and we found the GPRCC to hold its own very well. The ambiance at El Oriental is beyond description; and I would rank the quality of our dinner at El Mirador as one of the best we've had, with service that I have found unmatched at other resorts(Thanks Antonio!!).

If I had to find a shortcoming, it would probably be in the buffets. The food itself was very good, with quality service to match. What it did lack was the variety that we've enjoyed at other resorts. If you're accustomed to much larger facilities with expansive buffets, you may find the choices here somewhat limited. I certainly wouldn't let that keep me from returning; but on any subsequent visits, I would definitely mix in a few more a la carte meals, to add to the variety.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay, at a very reasonable price!!

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe for three nights in April 2014. We had a wonderful experience overall and after reading some of the tips and reviews we were prepared for some things that are not fantastic at the hotel. Specifically, we thought their system for reservations at the fine-dining restaurant is a little bizarre. We arrived at the hotel at 11 am and check-in immediately (our room was not available until 3 pm thought as expected). We got bracelets and towel cards so that we could enjoy drinks and lunch while our luggage was put away and so tags we could change and enjoy the pool and the beach. We found the desk where you can make reservation for the restaurants and after waiting for about 20 minutes, we were told that nothing is available for the first evening, but we made reservation for the other two. We were very surprised when we realized following days that the fine dining restaurants were half empty. The food and drinks and service were great though and we enjoyed both the Oriental restaurant and El Mirador where the brought a piece of cake with a candle and sang happy birthday for me since it was that evening. We visited La Concha for lunch one day and it was very good as well. The breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet at the main buffet restaurant were tasty as well except for slightly colder pasta dishes during the Italian-themed evening. They also had Mariaches one night. The room was nice and spacious except for a tiny bathroom which did not bier us too much and the view from the decent-sized balcony was breathtaking. Both the main and the infinity pool were very clean with plenty of chairs around. they were booked quickly each morning and so were the Bali beds but if you out towels on them early, they were yours for the day, The staff was very friendly and spoke co decent English and drinks at the bar were strong and delicious. We did not pay much attention to the hourly activities at the pool but there was always something to do there. We highly recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Cancun, especially if you can get a discounted rate thorough Orbitz or another website like we did.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent 7 nights and could not believe some previous negative reviews I had read! This place was awsome...Service, staff, food, clean as I never seen in a hotel in Mexico...Could not be more pleased as this was the first time we did a "all inclusive" vacation. The 3 specialty restaurants are all 5 star and would be a costly tab in any US city!!!
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone (and have done so!!)
Just be aware of the Royal Destination Membership "sharks". (They don't bite..just say No)

Room Tip: May want to upgrade as we chose to do and was worth every dollar/peso!! (Even negotiated the upgrade...
manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just got back from a 7 night stay. Hotel was really very nice moved rooms from the bottom floor to a higher view point as requested and got a great room with a cool walk in shower room, spent a lot of time in the shower much to my fellas annoyance! All inclusive mini bar in room which had 4 bottles of water 2 cans of carona beer 2 of diet coke 2 coke and 2 sprite these were replaced every day room service available at no extra charge cool! Branded spirits all inclusive too so I enjoyed a nice Tanqeray (not sure of spelling particularly after a few of those) and tonic. Food was good I would have liked the hot food to be really hot though. The salads were gorgeous I dont normally eat salad abroad but Grand Park Royals salads were real tastey.
The lobby bar staff were fantastic and always looked after me when I was escaping from the sun.
The pool area was always maintained and cleaned by helpful staff. Public areas always clean I think that is important.
A few weddings were going on over the week i was there so that was nice to have a nosey at.
Minus points im affraid go to the gym which you have to pay $8 per visit! But good machines weights and bumbelss no kettlebells though!
Also wifi is not free it is $16 per day! CRAZY! They should at least have free wifi in the public areas
I would stay again definately especially if I can get my fella to marry me there!

Reception girls should smile more I think!
Waiting on staff were lovley attentive chaps especially Jose and Arron
Every night for dinner the 3 amigos played music happy friendly men I liked them!
The outdoor entertainment was fun Miguel was a cool guy who always had time and a smile for you made you feel happy to be there.
Alex was realy sweet and friendly lovely lad and Sebastian was a great spanish teacher and cool to talk too.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level. Shower room and dont forget to ask NOT to be in a room with an ajoining door...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel offers a beautiful ocean view from your balcony while looking down at the pool. This is our second time here at this hotel. We will come again because the staff here go out of there way, from the second you walk in you are greeted with a drink. Our room was spotless the grounds were clean. Also they have activities in the pool and on the beach and different theme nights. The activities personal do make an effort, especially Miguel to get to know people and invite you to the casino night or magic show or to go to the local clubs. The food was good in the restaurants all the staff were all so nice .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My friend and I recently returned from an eight night stay at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe (April 2-10) and all I can say is WOW! From the resort being immaculate to the impeccable service provided throughout the hotel. The entertainment staff was fantastic (big thank you to Miguel for the great nights out at the local clubs). As two women traveling outside the US, it's nice to see that we weren't just left at the front door and made to fend for ourselves. Miguel made sure the entire group from the resort was adequately taken care from the start. It was also great to not be woken at 8am by maid service. Did I mention that everything was super clean... even the pool bathrooms (cleanliness is a make or break issue with me). Speedier Wi-Fi during the day, especially since it's not free, is the only (minor) issue which should be addressed. Thanks for the much needed respite! This was our second stay here and definitely not the last.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe? Share your experiences!