“Sad to leave!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

You added Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe to your Saves list
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #39 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sad to leave!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Really enjoyable stay! Excellent weather, food, service, staff, fellow guests - everything was amazing. Massive thank you to the entertainment team, especially CESAR (like the salad!), MIGUEL, BETO and JOHNNY - they are all a real credit to the hotel. They really make an effort with all of the guests, getting them involved in activities and looking after them in the evenings on nights out.

Would also like to mention restaurant manager MOISES, he was fantastic and personally invited us to an exclusive invite only farewell dinner which consisted of a beautiful 5 course luxury seafood dinner with 9 other couples from the hotel. Amazing service, great wine and lovely atmosphere.

We stayed from 9th Nov - 23rd Nov and experienced heavy prolonged rain storms for first 2 - 3 days but weather after that was beautiful. Nothing to do with the hotel but useful for planning your trip.

The music around the adult pool definitely needs alternating (same playlist for the whole 2 weeks!) Hotel would benefit from free WiFi for all guests and free gym access.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS AN UNFORGETTABLE HOLIDAY.

Room Tip: If staying in the main building a high floor is essential as trees block the amazing views of Pool...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with future travelers. I am very pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your vacation with us so much. I will make sure the people you have mentioned get the acknowledgement they deserve. Thank you for choosing the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, we would love to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Korean first
Franklin, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day stay at this property and have been raving about it to our family and friends! The property is located on a wide stretch of beach - gorgeous! We upgraded our room to the Royal Tower and it was well worth it! The room had an ocean front view, a large Jacuzzi in the room, ample closet space, a multi-jet shower and double sink. The location by the adult pool and option to use the private lounge for wifi, grab a quick bite, etc... made the cost well worth it! The food was fabulous!!! We have been to other all-inclusives and been disappointing so I was a bit wary when we first walked in the main dining room. But there were so many fabulous options each day! Really delicious! The staff is courteous and helpful! The gym is large and very modern. We had massages at the spa and they were fabulous! Thank you for a wonderful vacation! We would return without a doubt!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the upgrade!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your experience with future travelers. It is reviews like yours that make me believe that we are on the right path to achieve excellence. I feel very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that we were able to help make your vacation a great one. We would love to welcome you once more here at the GPRCC..
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe for our honeymoon. It was an excellent time! The staff (espically Johnny, an event coordinator) was amazing!!! We stayed in a Jr. Suite ocean view room. The room was a bit outdated with a box TV. Overall, the room was nice and the view, even from the second floor, was great. I did not like the fact that there was no wait staff available to serve drinks by the pool and beach; to get a drink you had to go to physically go to the bar, which was a little ways away from the beach. I also did not like how the hotel tried to pressure you to go to a 90 minute time share meeting. We had to say no several times before they stopped trying to get us to go. I recommend this hotel to people who are new to all inclusives and to Cancun. We plan to go back to Cancun next summer, but will be upgrading the resort we stay at.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here at the Grand Park Royal; I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and suggestions on this site, we are always looking for ways to improve and our guests' comments are very helpful. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope we get to see you again some time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The view from our balcony was absolutely breathtaking, though I wish the gentleman that stocks the minibar wouldn't come by at 9am.

The food in the buffet and restaurants on site were wonderful, though I would recommend they switch up breakfast options a bit more.

The drinks are definitely light, so I would recommend being very specific when you order. For example, "A piña colada with double alcohol".

Lastly, the entertainment staff was very personable. They took an their time to show us a good time. Johnny was great. Not only did he help me get pumped for the sporting events (I hate sports), but he also helped me navigate my way around the area and needed to go shopping off the premises. He helped me get a good deal and even played songs I told him I liked. He was the best!!

• Stayed November 2013
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion on this site, I feel very good knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you left with such a good impression of the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. We would love to be your hosts again on your next trip to Cancun
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from Nov 13- Nov 20, and had an amazing time! The hotel is impeccably clean (there are always cleaning staff around, making sure everything and anything are spotless), the staff are so friendly, and the hotel grounds and beach are beautiful. We walked along the beach in both directions from our hotel, and found that we had one of the best beach fronts (the beach at the hotel is very spacious and not crowded). The pools are great, especially the adults only pool with the swim up bar. Francisco (at the swim up bar) was so great, making sure our drinks were never empty. The view from our room was better than we could have expected. Nothing but sand and ocean from our balcony! Our room had 2 queen beds, though we felt they were a bit smaller than the standard queen beds back home. A king bed would have been a bit more comfortable. We loved the 'smaller' size of this hotel (311 rooms, as opposed to 1000+ rooms at a location we stayed at before in Dominican), as we never had a problem getting a beach cabana, or seats at the pool. The smaller size also allowed us to see familiar faces every day with some people we met along the way. There are 2 a la carte restaurants (El Oriental, and El Mirador), and we must say that we found the food (both at the a la carte's and at the buffet) to be delicious! Each night at the buffet was themed something different, which gave great variety. There is always a live mariachi band playing in the seating area at the buffet which is a nice touch. We ate at El Mirador (the Italian a la carte) 3 nights in a row it was so delicious. Each night we had Josue as our server, and we couldn't have had a better experience. He was so attentive, kind, and personable, and he recognized that we were trying to pick up on some Spanish while there, so each night he taught us more words and phrases! The entertainment staff during the day at the beach and at the pools were great. We got to know one of the entertainment staff, Miguel, while playing beach soccer on our first day there, and every day after that we saw his familiar face and chatted with him quite a bit! Johnny was another staff member who we did a couple activities with. I even ended up winning poker during casino night (he was running our poker table). There are 2 lounges at the hotel, the lobby lounge has some events throughout the week (casino night, magic show one night etc), but it could use a bit more seating. Ekinox Lounge is a very cool rooftop lounge with amazing views of cancun, and we really enjoyed it. There were a couple nights of karaoke held up at that lounge which was pretty fun to watch. The only things we found the hotel was lacking, was night time entertainment, and a relaxing/sitting area where we could maybe play a card game or something. Since it is a smaller hotel, there is no stage-type area for shows or entertainment (unlike some larger all-inclusive I've stayed at). And since there was not much nightly entertainment, we wanted to sit down and play some cards or read a book in the evening, but there wasn't really anywhere to do that (like a common sitting area), aside from your room. Also, free wi-fi would have been nice, though definitely not necessary since we were on vacation, and it was sort of nice to be forced to turn off your phones for a week. The clubs and night life in Cancun are about a 15 min walk from the hotel (or 5 min taxi), and we felt very safe walking there in the evening. We absolutely loved our experience at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Cancun!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a king bed as opposed to 2 queens, as the queen bed seemed smaller than a usu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. I feel very happy knowing that you enjoyed our hotel so much and that you had a good time on your vacation. I will make sure that the people you mentioned get the ackowledgement they deserve so they can keep up their good work and future guests leave as happy as you did. We would be delighted to host you again on a future trip to Cancun.
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a 5 star hotel- by far. The service is top notch and the grounds are impeccable. There is always someone cleaning and the staff will go out of their way to meet all of your needs. We upgraded to the Royal Tower upon arrival and our room was gorgeous! I love that this is a smaller hotel as it didn't require a lot of walking to get from one point to another. The food and drinks are delicious and the bar tenders will make you anything you want. Edgar that works in the Royal Lounge is very sweet and accommodating. Francisco was our bar tender at the adults only pool and he was a lot of fun. Room service at this hotel is also very good- our food was delivered to our room in 20 minutes! We had a great time at CPRCC as this was my first time in Cancun and I didn't know what to expect, but I know a 5 star hotel when I see one and this definitely is 5 stars. The only negative thing i can say about this place is that there isn't much night life within their facilities. However, I still give it 5 stars as they never claim to be a "party" hotel. This is a great place to relax, eat, drink and make new friends. If your looking for nightlife- the clubs and bars are about a 15 minutes taxi ride away.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Tower- which was beautiful. The Premier towers are great too.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your first time in Cancun so much and that we were able to meet your expectations; we try very hard to provide the best possible customer service and to read reviews like yours makes me believe we are on the right track. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on this site. We hope to see you again soon.
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the GPRCC from Nov 07th to the 15th. We highly recommend upgrading to the Premier Tower as we enjoyed the privacy and seclusion and the unobstructed views of the beautiful beach. And there is also direct access onto the beach from the tower. We had a great stay. Enjoyed the food and the warm friendly service from the staff who are really the ones that made our stay amazing! We recommend this property and would without a doubt return. The only complaint we have is the costly wi-fi charge for an all inclusive property. It's about $80 per week per device. WHY?? Internet should be an amenity in rooms like towels!

Special thanks to: Juan Carlos, Maximillian, Francisco, Edgar, Enrique, Antonio and the Hostesses @ Cocay.

A very special thank you to the live band @ the Cocay cenas for their impromptu performance of "Golpes En El Corazon" at our request!

Special thanks to Ricardo @ Cafe Sole for our triple espressos every morning and to our Room Attendant for special surprises everyday!

Muchas gracias. See you next year!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Premier Tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to read that we were able to meet your expectations and that overall you had a good time while staying with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with future travelers. We look forward to welcoming you again next year here at the GPRCC.

Been to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe? Share your experiences!