“Great views, good food and relaxing atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Save Saved
You added Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe to your Saves list
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Rate
Mejor tarifa garantizada!
Ranked #37 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Springfield,Georgia
“Great views, good food and relaxing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our family had a fantastic week together at the Grand Park Royal Hotel. It is a great place for couples or families to vacation. The staff is wonderful, friendly and always willing to help. The hotel is clean, and the food is really good. Eating is a highlight of our family vacations and we were pleased with the food. We can't say enough good things about two of the Chefs who made our eating experiences even more enjoyable. Chef Jose Silva at the buffet prepared special food for us several times. We love Mexican food and he seemed to enjoy pleasing our palets with things like "chicharon" in green and red salsa! Chef Felipe Verde Escobedo at the "Oriental" restaurant made us feel as though we were in his home. He prepared special dishes for our grandchildren and for the adults....things that were not on the menu. The special dessert was over the top! Chef Felipe is a wonderful person with a sweet spirit, always wanting to please his customers. Our waitress, Sonja and waiter, Miguel could not have been more attentive. The hostess, Guadalupe, always greets you with a smile. The Oriental Restaurant is our favorite place to eat at the hotel. We enjoyed the Italian restautant, but never got to know the chef. We would certainly recommend this hotel and will be going back ourselves.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a good view, but our favorite is in building 4100 near the children's play ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

3,300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned. We stayed from April 21-25! The hotel is centrally located and close to everything. All in all we had a great time!!

Pros: great staff, grounds are very clean and well maintained, ocean view is anazing, food is great at the oriental restaurant, italian restaurant is good, dinner buffet is not bad for a buffet, great beach, always chairs at the pool available great ice cream in the cafe (grab some cold cut sandwiches to have for a late night snack or some other sweet treats), bartenders will fill your large mug with liquor.

Cons: no drinks after 1am, no real activities at the hotel at night, no king beds in the premier tower, late night room service menu has 4 items beginning at midnight (ceaser salad, bacon wrapped hotdog, BBQ hamburger, grilled cheese), breakfast buffet needs more variety, getting reservations at the oriental and Italian restaurants can be hard to get, no waiter service while at the pool, no free wifi, gym not free.

• Stayed April 2013
Fairview Heights, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My friend and I just returned from our vacation and I'm already trying to plan a trip back. The hotel has the best views of any resort I have ever stayed at and it's very clean. Two wonderful pools, and great food. But the best part of the hotel is there amazing activities director Miguel Tapia, he will make sure you have a blast around the pool and on the beach. Look forward to seeing him entertain again soon. Thank Miguel!!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, but it doesn't matter here all rooms have a fabulous view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I just came from Grand Park Royal where we went for my birthday. The food is great, you have to make reservations at the restaurants was kind of annoying.
Buffet was good but we found it got repetitive. Would like to see them change things up a bit more.
Pools were nice and weel kept. Large never crowded.
The The staff were fantastic, especially the bar man roberto who was brilliant at the infity pool.
The house keeping was excellent I did leave a tip daily for the room service.
Entertainment staff was good and got people involved, Monique was also our yoga instructor:)
It a really good place to stay just one complain No free internet!!!!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a clean and beautiful resort. Outstanding service, food was delicious, something for everyone. The employees were fantastic, friendly and helpful and not one unhappy face!!
The spa was amazing, we did the couples massage was awesome and a pretty reasonable price.
The food here was fairly good. Book the italian restaurant you gonna love it!!! I´d recommend La Concha as well is a la carte and sea food!
We also went to the lounge bar Equinox, we met people from everywhere a lot of brazilians and americans too. We had really nice time there.
The beach is lovely. We found there were always vacant place.Weather was glorious not too hot, just nice to relax. There are 2 seccions to the hotel the main pool and the quiet one.
We were at the quiet one most of the time. But the main one was fantastic too, with the pool staff, they have everyday beach volleyball and a lot of games, our favourite was Monique, always with a smile and she knew our names from the first time.
Definitely going back we had the time of our lifes!!!

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Recently returned from this hotel with our extended family of five. As we were supposed to stay at a different resort I had booked months ago, we were switched three days prior to our arrival to the Grand Park Royal. Needless to say, I was quite apprehensive, having only the reviews from Tripadvisor to rely on. Turns out, this is a nice place to stay.

We had two rooms in the Royal Tower, which I have to say, were very impressive. We have traveled to Mexico a few times, and this was definitely the nicest room we have stayed in. I am very particular about cleanliness, and this room did not disappoint. The finishes were modern, mini bar stocked daily, and we had no shortage of towels/washcloths. The room also has a Conair blow dryer, which is very difficult to find in any resort. The shower had a rain shower head, as well as 3 other cool jets. My husband described it as a "car wash." The water pressure was more than adequate as well, a problem I have found with other hotels. The bed was just right, not too firm, but not soft either. The jacuzzi in the room was nice, although we didn't use it. The room itself was quite large, with plenty of drawer and closet space for the two of us. The really impressive part of the room was the view. The Royal Tower has 4 floors, and we were on the 3rd. The view directly onto the beach was phenomenal, and so nice to wake up to every morning. Although I didn't get a good look at rooms in the main hotel, if you can swing the Royal Tower, it is worth it.

The area in which I see potential here is the food. The first day we arrived we were starving and thought the pizza place sounded perfect. What I pictured as pizza, and what was actually there were quite different. The pizza's were placed in small circular food warmers outside, and consisted of tiny slices that did not taste fresh. I felt like I was eating elementary school cafeteria food. Unfortunately, I found the buffet food to be similar in quality. I realize that food is a matter of personal preference, so this varies depending on what people are used to. I have never considered myself a foodie, and usually eat just about anything I'm given, so I was surprised at how much I disliked this food. Also, all drinks are served in styrofoam cups. This is cheap, wasteful, and inconvenient at the same time. Due to the fact that it can get quite windy, having styrofoam, that can blow over with a light breeze, was quite annoying. There are also no drink servers around the pool or beach. If you want a drink, you have to go get it yourself. This is fine, but just something to keep in mind when comparing hotels. Room service varied from gross (the desserts) to delicious (breakfast). It usually took about 45 min. on average to be delivered. Cafe Sol was nice, but could be nicer. They had only hot coffees, no iced drinks. This might be nice, especially when the temps. most days were in the high 80's-90's. The gelato was delicious, and they can make milkshakes out of any gelato flavor they have. These were great, but again, served in small styrofoam cups. Also, if staying in the Royal Tower, there is the Royal Tower lounge, which serves breakfast foods, appetizers, and drinks throughout the day. It is nicely air conditioned, has a great view, and is usually empty, making it a nice spot to relax. We went to the Oriental restaurant once, and all had mediocre meals. The service was also very slow.

Although I really did not like the pizza, buffet, or the way the drinks were served, there were two restaurants we did really enjoy: the Italian and the Seafood (lunch only) restaurants. It was such a Jekyll and Hyde food experience here, that when we ate at the Italian restaurant, I thought we were eating in another resort. The food was delicious. Also, I rarely mention specific staff members, but Pedro in the Italian restaurant was wonderful. He was so kind, lighthearted, and really seemed to enjoy people. He was also very thorough and efficient. Additionally, the Seafood restaurant for lunch (La Concha) was also very good, offering fresh ceviche, shrimp, and fish dishes. The only complaint I had was the air conditioning was very weak in that restaurant for some reason, which made eating there at lunch time a little warm for comfort.

Admittedly, we spent the majority of our time at the quiet pool, since that's what we were looking for. We walked by the activities pool a few times, and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. There were Bali beds by the quiet pool only, which could be reserved by anyone, but you had to get up very early to do so. There were plenty of lounge chairs, some in full sun, some under palapas, and some in the water. Both pools were very nice and clean, with spectacular views. There was always someone cleaning and scrubbing every inch of this hotel. I really could not find fault with cleanliness here. The walk down to the beach was very easy from the hotel. The first few days there were a lot of red flags up, but towards the end of the week the winds died down, and the waves were calm and very nice for swimming. The beach in front of this hotel is one of the best on this side of the "seven."

The staff here, for the most part, were quite accommodating. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The bartenders at the swim-up bars were friendly, especially Jesus. I never encountered anyone who seemed to expect a tip, even though we tipped anyways. The people who delivered our room service meals were very nice and friendly, showing us each dish we ordered, which I thought was a nice touch. We took a different approach to the timeshare people, and totally ignored them. We ignored them in the lobby, we ignored phone calls and requests to come to the main desk to give us "information." This seemed to work well, because after two days, no one bothered us any more.

A couple of other things to know as an FYI...the gym is $8 pp/day. We went twice, and while it is a very nice gym with high end equipment, that is a high price to pay. I never saw more than 4 people in there at once, including ourselves. Internet is not free, and although I can't remember the cost, we opted not to buy it, since I had heard it wasn't good anyways. The rooftop lounge/bar area on top of the Italian restaurant is cool and a nice after dinner hang out place. A 10 min. walk out the front doors and to the right will bring you to Senior Frogs, a 24 hr. Pharmacy, and the Surfin' Burrito, a tiny, but yummy 24 hr. burrito place with much better guacamole than what the hotel offers. A 10-15 min. walk to the left will bring you to La Isla Mall. Or, you can pay less than $1/pp one way and take the public bus to the mall.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay. If they improved upon the things I mention, I would definitely return. Otherwise, there are too many other places to check out for me to come back.

Room Tip: Stay in the Royal Tower, you will not regret it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ohio City, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed un the hotel for 4 nights.From the moment we stepped into this hotel, staff has been friendly and helpful.
Real good location, walking distance from La Isla a good mall with lots of places to eat. also is near by the night clubes.
The rooms were extremely comfortable and the view just amazing from our balcony.
Food and cafe sole was the best, ice cream and salands, La concha with sea food and the italian restaurant El Mirador the best one.
Pools were very nice specially the infinuty one, we had some yoga lessons with monique from the pool staff, and also we played bingo at the casino night, we had so much fun.
Would higly recommend this place, would definitely come here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe? Share your experiences!