“Going great until.......” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

You added Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe to your Saves list
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #37 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
“Going great until.......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited this hotel 2 years ago and gave it a 4. I was going to give it a 4 again until I had my iPad stolen from my room. I left it out to charge then realized it was missing on my last full day there. I reported it to the manager. He then came to my room with the head of security. They searched my room going through all our stuff including the safe (we already tore the room apart looking for it) and found nothing. They downloaded all data from our room lock to see who was in our room. It was my husband & I along with the maid and the person who fills the mini bar. He then told me that all the employees must leave all their belongings outside of the resort and must pass through a metal detector and be searched. They took a report and went on their way. I had family still there until the following Wednesday. I told the front desk and asked to see the manager one more time before I left and he couldn't be found. I then chalked it up that my iPad was gone. When I got off the plane I had a text from my sister In Law she had my iPad. They told her it was in my safe. That's BS. Your telling me myself, my husband, the manager, head of security and also my cousin missed it in my safe? First off the safe is beige and small. My ipad has a silver back and a pink case! I don't believe them one bit. I will never be back to this hotel again and its to bad because its not a bad hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Korean first
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have stayed TWICE at this resort. It is wonderful. I was most impressed by the service. Especially in the buffet restaurant. I met one of the managers, Lily Garcia. I was so impressed by her, I asked her for her name. I got to know her by seeing her every evening when we went down for dinner. She always took great care of me and my husband. I was very impressed by her and the wait staff's very hard work. The food was excellent. We pretty much ate all 3 meals in the buffet restaurant because we loved it so much. You will be treated like royalty if you stay at this hotel. Beautiful ocean, plenty of space at the 2 pools. There was a fabulous bartender at the pool with the cabanas.
Alisa

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Had such a great time at this resort on my second stay there. Highlights include Diego (mother-flower) and Miguel on the entertainment staff. They took us out to clubs and we had a BLAST. Also love the bands at dinner! DEFINITELY plan on returning. Tell Diego that pinky and the brain say hello.

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my second visit to Cancun my husbands first. The hotel was everything you see pictured, we had a room with 2 double beds ( could not get 1 king size)in the tower which had an amazing ocean front view, the room was ok loved the bathroom which had double sinks and a rain shower.The grounds were beautiful and kept immaculate by hotel staff, you always saw someone cleaning. Wonderful staff and sevice no complaints there. The beach was the bomb,beautiful aqua blue waters, soft sand and you can go out far and the water still be waist high, really enjoyed it and I am not a beach person.
We did the the all inclusive package which is great if you like to get your drink on.The food was average at best, we went to all the other restaurants on the premises which included an asian and italian one, you need reservations in advance for both that have to be made same day, both were okay, I'm a New Yorker so I know good italian and asian food when I have it and they were both just ok,We stuck to the buffet at Cocay which was good. I would recommend this hotel had a very relaxing time.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room in the tower, where you will have an amazing ocean front view.
Bemidji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our second visit to the Grand Park Royal. We had an awesome time, just like our first visit. The service is great, the rooms are very clean and we had an awesome view from our balcony. Our only disappointment was we were unable to have a king size room like the last time. When we booked we thought premium ocean view would have king size beds. The food was very good and the staff people at the buffet were wonderful and so friendly. The grounds people do a wonderful job, as the resort is very beautiful. Our favorite was the entertainment staff at the pool. Miguel, Diego, Jorge and Esleben went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and included everyone in the games they played. It was just a fun place to be and a lot of laughs. We hope to return in 2014, and stay for 10 days instead of 7!

Room Tip: Make sure you request ocean view because it is beautiful. The sunrises and sunsets are breath takin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It was wonderful!!!... I dont usually go for a large Resort type holiday but I am glad I dis... The hotel and ground were clean and wel kept, the rooms were clean, the service was terrific, the food was amazing... We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves... The only complaints are no wifi an the gym is not free. Pool staff was the best thanks Monique for cooking lessons!!! Waiters and bartenders were so friendly and nice!! We would go back in a heart beat and likely will at some point..

Frisco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were back for our fourth visit to the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe for an extended family vacation. All families had a fabulous time! We would like to thank Ryan Grover and Lety Martinez from Royal Holiday. Thank you to Angel, Efrain, Xenia, Pedro, and Luis from the El Mirador restaurant (My husband LOVEs dinner here.), the girls at the gym, the room service guys who delivered coffee bright and early 6am every day with a smile, and Guestav at the front desk. A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to Israel from La Concha restaurant who took care of us every morning for breakfast and every afternoon for lunch. Israel is the best server/person on the planet! The hotel is wonderful, clean, comfortable, but the staff is what we come back for! Thank you all! See you next time.

Room Tip: We like the rooms facing the ocean. There is nothing like the sound of the waves lulling you to sle...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe? Share your experiences!