My husband and I, and another couple, just returned from a 4-night stay at the Grand Park Royal, January 17-21. We were given frozen drinks upon check in and lead to our room by the bell boy. Our rooms were on the first floor (up one from the ground level) in the main building and they were just fine. Plenty of space with an oversized king bed, very clean, nice view of the pool and ocean. The only downfall with the room was the lack of sound proofing, as we could hear everyone in the hallways at all hours. And though the shower was nice and clean, it constantly changed temperatures while using it.
The food was pretty good, breakfast was best at the buffet, lunch and dinner were fairly unimpressive, but not terrible. We ate at La Concha for lunch one day and it was very delicious! We had the Italian restaurant one night and the Asian restaurant on our last night. The atmosphere at the Asian restaurant is incredible, very cool setting. I did like the food at the Italian restaurant more, but only slightly more. Also, don't waste your time at the Pizza Corner, but if you are looking for an afternoon snack, burgers or nachos at El Jardin were both great! Also, the Cafe Sole serves espresso drinks and amazing gelato. :)
The grounds were immaculate, you always see staff cleaning. Both of the pools were great, but not heated, so on the cooler days and evenings, it was far too chilly to swim and they only have one, very crowded, jacuzzi. Our favorite location was the beach though. We got huts on the beach several times during our stay and the sea water was so warm, so that was where we swam.
Oh, and about the time share people. They are very persistant, but don't feel bad just saying "no" or ignoring them. We never got roped into the presentation or the "Free Gifts" or anyting like that. We just walked by without saying much to them and it was not that big of an issue.
Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to stay in Cancun, because for the price, it is a wonderful value and I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you’ll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun