This is my fourth time staying at all-inclussive in Cancun. Big disappointment.
First, short list of pros:
- clean resort, staff always polishing/rubbing/cleaning any surface you can see.
- nice beach with plenty of space for beach volleyball, soccer, and lounging.
- good new year celebration with a live band
Now long list of cons:
-We had booked 2 rooms for me and my husband plus a 3 yo, and one room for my in-laws. Specifically asked the management for rooms on the same floor in advance via e-mail. When arrived all rooms were on different floors, no option to change. Actually in our group of 20 adults all of us had different floors despite of us booking together.
-We came as a part of a large group, 20 adults plus children, unaware that the only option to eat with children was at the buffet, none of the restaurants would allow children under 12.
-4 out of 20 adults got food poisoning the second day( plus one kid got sick as well later on)
-as a result of the above we went out to eat at nice restaurants outside the resort, defeats the purpose of staying in all-inclussive
- no service at the pool or beach, so all of us had to carry our drinks to the beachfront ourselves. When I got 4 drinks and asked for a tray the staff said no, so I ended up making two trips. I have never seen this kind of attitude in a resort of this level.
- limited number of lounge chairs on the beach front, so unless you like getting up at 7 am you will have no place to lay down. Again the beach is huge and they hardly have 30 loounge chairs out on the beach. When we asked if we can take pool lounge chairs to the beach we were told "No". When we asked for additional beach lounge chairs we were told "No".
-No entertainment at night (except new year's eve), no music, bars close at 11 or so.
-At the buffet they would not seat large groups inside only outside. By large group I mean more than 4. When I came down to eat with my inlaws plus my husband and my son, we had to seat at different table as we had a group of 5. My son is only 3, and could not understand why dad and grandad had to seat separately.
- At night for dinner we had to talk to a manager to allow our group seat together outside (20+ people) and it was always a problem. They would split the group in 2 tables, not nice.
- No late check out available, if you want one pay extra.
- 4 bottles of water per room per day
- Not allowed to take food out from the buffet to the pool or your own room
- lack of entertainment for children
This resort is not for anyone who has previously visited RIU or Iberostar. More expensive and not as nice. Will never come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you’ll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun