“Would no recommend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Save Saved
You added Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe to your Saves list
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Rate
Mejor tarifa garantizada!
Ranked #37 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Sacramento, California, United States
“Would no recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my fourth time staying at all-inclussive in Cancun. Big disappointment.

First, short list of pros:
- clean resort, staff always polishing/rubbing/cleaning any surface you can see.
- nice beach with plenty of space for beach volleyball, soccer, and lounging.
- good new year celebration with a live band

Now long list of cons:
-We had booked 2 rooms for me and my husband plus a 3 yo, and one room for my in-laws. Specifically asked the management for rooms on the same floor in advance via e-mail. When arrived all rooms were on different floors, no option to change. Actually in our group of 20 adults all of us had different floors despite of us booking together.

-We came as a part of a large group, 20 adults plus children, unaware that the only option to eat with children was at the buffet, none of the restaurants would allow children under 12.

-4 out of 20 adults got food poisoning the second day( plus one kid got sick as well later on)
-as a result of the above we went out to eat at nice restaurants outside the resort, defeats the purpose of staying in all-inclussive

- no service at the pool or beach, so all of us had to carry our drinks to the beachfront ourselves. When I got 4 drinks and asked for a tray the staff said no, so I ended up making two trips. I have never seen this kind of attitude in a resort of this level.

- limited number of lounge chairs on the beach front, so unless you like getting up at 7 am you will have no place to lay down. Again the beach is huge and they hardly have 30 loounge chairs out on the beach. When we asked if we can take pool lounge chairs to the beach we were told "No". When we asked for additional beach lounge chairs we were told "No".

-No entertainment at night (except new year's eve), no music, bars close at 11 or so.

-At the buffet they would not seat large groups inside only outside. By large group I mean more than 4. When I came down to eat with my inlaws plus my husband and my son, we had to seat at different table as we had a group of 5. My son is only 3, and could not understand why dad and grandad had to seat separately.

- At night for dinner we had to talk to a manager to allow our group seat together outside (20+ people) and it was always a problem. They would split the group in 2 tables, not nice.

- No late check out available, if you want one pay extra.

- 4 bottles of water per room per day

- Not allowed to take food out from the buffet to the pool or your own room

- lack of entertainment for children

This resort is not for anyone who has previously visited RIU or Iberostar. More expensive and not as nice. Will never come back.

Room Tip: Premier tower only has 2 queen beds per room, none of the rooms have a king bed. King beds are only...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

3,300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Korean first
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I must start off by saying this was my first time in Cancun with my 2 girlfriends!
ALL INCLUSIVE BABY!!!!

Took forever to find a hotel that we actually thought was decent after reading about all this on trip, We finally decided on Grand Park and i must say we definitely picked a good one.
The food wasn't so bad.. we didn't really eat much so didn't matter. THE STAFF WAS INCREDIBLE.. between monique, estaban, carlos (i miss him), and diego they really made the pool exciting and fun with there activities. the annoying part was that they were too busy doing their activities and didn't make time to put music on for the guests to enjoy themselves.
The Wait Staff and Service were incredible - i must say they really made you feel very comfortable, made you wanna come back!! - they love the tourists!

The front desk staff were really annoying.. try not to lose anything at the pool you'll never get it back!!
The location was absolutely fantastic it was literally 2 min away by bus from all the clubs
(dont be scared to hop on buses its totally chilled)
and if you wanna walk its like 7-10 min!

We met tons of great people- we got lucky picked a good week to go!
ALL IN ALL I MUST SAY WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN BEING DRUNK FOR ONE WEEK WITH YOUR 2 BEST FRIENDS????? (and def go to senior frogs and daddyo's)

Room Tip: OCEAN VIEW FORSURE (gorgeous to wake up to that)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Overall the resorts was great in all aspects. Service was the best, by far made our stay that much better. I want to thank Monique from the pool staff and Roberto for making our experience at the resort the best ... You guys are great!!!
It felt like a very safe place to stay !! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First time in Cancun, first time in all inclusive resort. We couldn't ask for a better experience. Restaurants were amazing, especially the Italian restaurant.
The beach was the best, we spent most of our time there. We had Yoga at the gym with Monique from the pool staff!!!!
Would definitely come back and soon I hope!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First off this resort does have most of the regular things you would expect from a resort but there were a few negatives.

First the pros:
-Food was good.
-Bartenders and waitstaff were excellent.
-Rooms were clean and typical of any resort.
-Resort itself was nice and clean.

The cons:
-The hotel front staff were very unhelpful with any questions or problems. They almost seemed to take pleasure in not helping with anything.
-I found entertainment staff to be annoying at best during the day and rude (if you weren't a female) at night during the bar excursions.
-Restaurant reservations are hard to get, they will tell you the restaurant is full that night, had to speak to the manager to get a reservation and the restaurant was only half full, all other tables empty. Also you must book between 12-3, if you are on an excursion the front staff will tell you there is no possible way for you to make a reservation which I though was ridiculous.
-Water, you got 4 bottles per day and could not get anymore bottles without purchasing, you could only get cups of water.

All in all I did enjoy myself but would never come back to this resort again.

Room Tip: I would suggest an upgrade to the Royal Tower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The soft white sand, the tropical warm sea...what a beautiful place! My wife and I just returned from a great trip. We upgraded to the Villas - $ well spent. Unobstructed view of the sea. We spend 6 days and I could not get over the beauty. We watched the sun rise every morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reading, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Perfect trip for spring break, arrived at the hotel to check in and we thought we'd chance asking for an upgrade after a bit of haggling and back and forth negations we settled on a price of £500 for the week to upgrade to the one bedroom grand master suite, best decision ever! The room was immaculate with a Jacuzzi, double bed and sofa bed. The hotel has a lot of restaurants but the majority of them were the same the exception being the a la carte and main restaurant which normally had themed nights.The hotel it's self is about a ten min drive to the clubs and cabs are outside night and day. one tip it's certainly worth taking a few one dollar bills as the speed and strength of the drinks you get served improves. I would recommend the hotel to anyone as the entertainment was good the staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The presidential suites have jacuzzi's which face onto the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe? Share your experiences!