Spent a week and was not disappointed. It was early February, so the wind was significant and the pools were cold. But the beach here is pristine enough to compensate well, and the ocean was warm!
Grounds: What you read is absolutely true: This place is always being cleaned and maintained. You are always seeing resort employees tidying this place up!
Beach: Absolutely beautiful stretch on this property. Could use more palapas, however, and no bar down there. Bars were close enough for a short jaunt to collect beverages. Just enough waves to satisfy!
Pools: Adequate, but similar to the beach in that there just seems to be not enough shady spots. Always seemed to be fighting for these.... and when we went, the resort was not even super-busy!
Bars: Adequate, although the swim-up was cold this time of year. The main pool bar was a little crowded most of the time. Neither had wait staff to bring you drinks, if that is what you require.
Room: Had the Premier, fourth floor. AMAZING view. Worth the price for that alone. Double sink was good for us. Room a little small, but who wants to stay in there anyhow? Would be nice if a queen was an option in this building, but no. And the beds could have been more comfy.
Staff: Very, very polite and friendly. Only issue was the constant time-share selling going on around you. It was a little irritating when you go for breakfast and the restaurant is crowded... and tables are being used to deliver sales pitches. Grrr....
Food: Italian a la carte was absolutely lovely. I may be sheltered, but I have not been treated better at a restaurant. Did not try the Asian. The main buffet had more than enough to please us for a week... less choices, but fresher and higher quality. Outside the main pool was a yummy burger and nacho stand... and this place ALWAYS had fresh, tasty pico de gallo for the chips. The room service was convenient, but the only time we tried it, took a while to get cold food.
Entertainment: The only thing keeping us from making this place our permanent spot. Down in the Riviera, good entertainment was provided on site due to the distance to town. Here, no entertainment to keep you around at night for good times. The staff will take you out for nightclub tours, but if this is not your scene, you will be disappointed. We tried Coco Bongo and hated it. Couldn't get a drink because you were sooooo compressed, a human sardine packing plant. You pay for an open bar, then can only manage to get one drink an hour. We truly wished we could have had a great time at our resort like we did down the Riviera. This resort gets a little too quiet at night.
One really, really fun option was Capitain Hook. We will definitely do that again- an entertaining party boat!!
We did not use the spa or the gym.
I suppose I may sound disappointed... but we loved it here. The main reason is that the quality of this resort is high for the price you pay for it. A fantastic value for the dollar. We are limited to this price range and this place just about gets it all right for that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you'll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun