“Excellent Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Save Saved
You added Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe to your Saves list
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 10.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Rate
MXN2,857 (MXN)
Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Connecticut, United States
“Excellent Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Grand Park Royal was a wonderful place to stay. The establishment is clean, modern, and the perfect amount of serene. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a mango drink. Check is was easy and the staff was great. During our stay, my group spent a lot of time by both of the pools. Theres a "quiet pool" with a swim up bar and a "loud pool" which is where the activities the resort plans take place. Both pools were equally as great and the views of the beach were amazing from both the pools and our rooms. i have to say that the activities staff was AMAZING.

The resort, at our time of vacation, was filled with a mixture of people. There were families, honeymooners, and young people. I liked this because it gave me the opportunity to meet many different people from all walks of life. But, like I said before, the activities staff was great and probably my favorite part of the whole trip. They took us out at night to Coco Bongo, Senior Frogs, and every night they had a different place to go.

All in all, I would 100% recommend the Grand Park Royal!

Room Tip: Ocean View is beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in November and absolutely loved it. Food, service and escpecially the entertainment staff we're fantastic and always willing to go out of the way to help. The Italian restaurant was superb. The resort presents great value for money, particularly for the Aussie traveler with a trip to this resort being almost a quarter of the cost for an equivalent Aussie Whitsunday All-inclusive resort. 100% recommended!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After extensive research on all-inclusive Cancun resorts my husband and I chose to stay here for 8 days in November. All of the reviews we read on here about the Grand Park Royal were so helpful and we found all of them to be accurate. Our room on the 6th floor in the Premier Tower was beautiful. We were on the end and had a gorgeous view and our bathroom shower was to die for! Our room had two double beds which are a little stiff, but the pillows were comfortable and the room was immaculately cleaned every day. The entire resort is spotless. My husband and I kept commenting on how hard everyone worked. If someone was at the towel counter and the worker was doing something at the pool, he would jog back to the counter so the person didn't have to wait. There are workers always cleaning and everyone is helpful and friendly. How anyone can complain about the food selection here is beyond us. We found the Cocay buffet to offer a HUGE array of food at every meal. I was pleasantly surprised at the healthy options. Fruit and vegetables were available at every meal. For breakfast there is in omelet bar, a large selection of other warm dishes (eggs, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, sausage, Chef's selection, soup), a cereal assortment, yogurt, juices, fruit, cottage cheese....the list goes on. At lunch there is a pasta bar where you pick your pasta, sauce and ingredients and the chef cooks it right there. You simply will not leave the buffet hungry, EVER! Most dinners we chose to eat at the Italian restaurant, El Mirador, because it was amazing and we prefer Italian over the Oriental food offered at El Oriental restaurant. The food (we both loved the tomato and broccoli soup, the lasagna, braised beef, pizzas), the ambience, the service (thank you, Jesus), the salad bar, the dessert bar - all were top notch at Mirador! On a couple occasions we ordered room service and found it to be quick and the food to be excellent. The food was always beautifully presented (and this happened no matter where we ate), hot and fresh. Our vacation was meant for relaxation only and we literally spent every day at the infinity pool from sun up to sun down. If you want to secure a Bali bed by the Infinity pool then you must get down there early. The towel counter opens at 7 am and usually the beds are all taken well before that - people will put towels from the previous day or personal belongings on the beds and then go back to their rooms. Most people don't give up their Bali bed for the entire day either, so if you do want one, I recommend being down by the pool by 6:30 am. The beach and the ocean water here were impressive. The water was bright blue, the beach was clean and one can easily find magnificent shells in the ocean not far off the beach. As all other reviews say, beware of the Royal Park (easy to confuse with the hotel staff) timeshare people. Right after you check in the front desk will have you sit down with a Royal Park person who will welcome you at his/her desk. The person will give you some magnets, a mini dictionary and then try to sign you up for a free breakfast the following morning under the guise that someone will take an hour and a half of your time to eat with you and show you around the hotel. This all sounds great if you have no idea what is going on! But the free breakfast is at the buffet which is already free and this is where they will do their timeshare spiel and take up your entire morning. We saw so many unaware guests being lead around the resort. After we checked in and sat down with the Royal Park timeshare lady we listened to her and then politely told her we were going to pass on breakfast for tomorrow but that we'd let her know if we changed our mind. After that, we didn't have much trouble with timeshare people at the hotel even though they were there and were looking for new customers. If you aren't a Royal Park timeshare owner, your bracelet will be green and that's how the Royal Park workers know to hound you. If you avoid the hotel lobby, you won't be bothered at all. Overall, we knew what to expect and therefore didn't have a problem.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Premier Tower or Royal Tower - the higher floor, the better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff:
I chose this resort based on other reviews from this website and it did not disappoint! The service was amazing, the staff goes completely out of their way to make your experience the most enjoyable. They also offer beach volleyball, aqua-aerobics, karaoke, trivia and other activities while you are lounging around the pools. Some of the staff are quite hilarious and will take you to local nightclubs if you want to go out. The only thing to be aware is they offer you a visitor's gift upon your arrival. I knew that they have time share offers and I was able to completely avoid being harassed by not responding to the notes they leave under your door. As long as you do not agree to meet with them, you will be fine!
I also want to mention that you should tip them. I noticed a lot of people don't but they are very gracious when you do. A good tip is around 20-50 pesos which is 1.50 - 4.50. It is very cheap to be treated like kings! Not that they won't treat you well nonetheless but they are very hard workers and you should keep in mind that it is a third world country that can really benefit from a couple of dollars!
Amazing Location:
One of the many things I liked about this resort was the location. It was very central and you can walk to a lot of the attractions Cancun has to offer. It is close to various bars (CoCo Bongo, Senor Frogs and all of the other night clubs), two malls (one of which has amazing shopping!) and it was only a short bus ride away from the ferry to Isla Mujeres.
Rooms:
Our room was on the 5th floor of the central building and the view was absolutely stunning. The A/C works very well which is nice after being in the heat all day long. The beds were okay. The room was also very clean and they offer you a safe in your room to keep your valuables. The mini bar is stocked with water, pop and 2 Coronas per day. My boyfriend put 50 pesos with a note for them to leave more Coronas and they put 6 in instead.
Food:
The Mexican buffet was very good and switched it up almost everyday. The pasta bar is amazing. The Italian restaurant had amazing food but you need to book right at 12pm if you want a reservation because it fills up fast! However, I was not a fan of the asian restaurant but I am a tough critic when it comes to asian cuisine. Café Sole has very good ice cream and coffee if you want a snack. The rooftop patio has an amazing view but it wasn't very busy when we were there. I would recommend the pizza stand which they make fresh every day. Also the burgers were very good if you want a quick bite. My favourite place to go for breakfast was the seafood restaurant. It has an amazing view and good food. I never ate there for lunch but other guests raved about the fish.
Overall this resort was excellent! One thing I liked was that it wasn't too loud when you are trying to relax and if you have had a long day (going to Chichen Itza, etc.) it is possible to have a good night's sleep. I liked that if you want to keep the party going they offer a lot of nightlife packages for cheap. Coco Bongo was really neat!
I would also recommend the Expedia expert in the hotel because they have a lot of good deals. We booked 3 tours at once and they gave us a discount on one, which was a bonus!
This resort is a great choice and very affordable!

Room Tip: The main building has nice rooms with great views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just got Back on Nov. 9th had the best week at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful if we needed anything and the hotel and grounds and rooms were immaculate.

The Oriental and Italian restaurants were very good as was the buffet and snack bars and the bars also.

There was always something going on at the pool and on the beach the staff there kept things hopping all day and also had some time of a show or activity in evenings if your not into the town disco clubbing scene it was perfect.

The people to thank for this mainly were Monique , Sexy Carlos what we referred to him as and Diego my main man lol ............ there were a few others Benjamin and Tony I believe and few more not sure of their names .................... THEY all made the day special with their friendliness and activity schedules. They made the day fun.

My second trip to Cancun my first at this Hotel would recommend it to anyone and we will be back on future trips.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on floors from the 4th and up so you can have a clear view of the beach and ocean...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a good experience from speedy check in to departure. Let me get the negative out of the way first. After the nice check in we were almost hijacked by the "hospitality desk". He was very insistent that we "learn about the resort". After 20 years of Mexico travel we know the timeshare drill but he took me by the arm and tried to direct me to a seat. I pleaded fatigue after a 16 hour travel day but when we would not agree to a breakfast meeting the man became rude and said it would be our fault when we did not know the resort details and if we asked questions later he would get in trouble for not doing "my job". There, the only bad event is now reviewed and forgotten.
Our room was in the Villa section directly on the beach. I mean only the width of a patio from sand! There were sea turtle nests a few yards from the patio. Beautiful and very quiet location. The room was attractive, clean and well appointed with a great multi directional shower. Mini fridge was restocked daily. The ac was good and there is a fan. Beds were fine. There was a communicating door to the next door room that allowed noise transfer from that family, but they were early to bed types so not a real annoyance.
The food was better than most all inclusives. We always found something good at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. The reservation restaurants were good, we went 2 times to the oriental and once to Italian. The Italian is very romantic with live music and lovely ambience.
Don't miss ice cream at Cafe Sole. We also took sandwiches ( mediocre ) for the flight home from Cafe Sole. Did not eat at snack bar or Seafood restaurant. Other guests said room service was good and timely.
The grounds are beautiful and very clean. The bali beds are cleaned and freshly made up every day. We had no problem securing one at 7am and there were always enough lounges on the beach and around the pool. Maybe because it was low season.
A bus stop is directly in front of the hotel for a 9 peso 15 minute trip into town if desired. They are frequent, modern and the driver accepts a dollar ( and gives change). Good location to walk to nearby mall or use bus.
The bartenders are fun and have excellent memories if you pass them an occasional dollar.
Once you order a premium liquor it will be in all your drinks- but you should request by name.
Finally, the activities staff, excellent. They are enthusiastic and will make every effort to get you in the games. Go ahead, it's fun. We are in med 60's and usually just watch but Monique, Carlos, Benjamin and 2 others I can't name convinced these old folks to join in. Fun from trivia,
cooking lessons, cocktail mixing, beach olympics, water aerobics, bingo and more. When you are tired of playing or laughing at those who do, move to the infinity pool where it is quieter and there is a swim up bar. Bring your own insulated beverage container and you will have more to drink and less styrofoam to deal with. They will fill it up.
In conclusion, we spent a great week wishing our friends and family could be there to help us enjoy this very nice resort. I hope you get a chance to do so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went on a family trip with the parents to this resort and I must say I was surprised at how different it was from other all inclusive that I have stayed at before. To start with the hotel facilities is large but not so big that u get lost or annoyed with lots of pointless walking. Food here is excellent no matter which restaurant you try ( I do recommend the sea food one during lunch time since it over looks the ocean) but all of them have their own unique vibe that just must be experienced. The rooms were extremely comfortable and had amazing view of the ocean (except for my poor friend on the ground floor with the palm trees but hey your in paradise right?)

However there was something else that made this trip even more unique than any i have been to before, and that was the entertainment staff. Now this trip was taken during an off season so there weren't a whole bunch of people just willing to jump in and meet people but thanks to the charismatic and upbeat personalities of Carlos, Benjamin, Monique and Diego of the entertainment staff, they actually got almost every one poolside to participate in some kind of activity. To boot the activities they chose weren't lame bead bracelet making or crafts. No in fact it varied from different sports, to beach Olympics to even cooking lessons ( I made home made salsa right on the spot). To go even further than that, the staff has a pick of different local clubs that they attend with the guest and it really makes you feel safe in a foreign country, but it also allowed something to occur that never has happened to me before. I actually became friends with the staff so now I have a memory that makes me smile every time I think of it and makes me want to return to the Grand Park Royal and see how much more fun it would be during a busy season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe? Share your experiences!