“Worst service possible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bsea Cancun Plaza

You added Bsea Cancun Plaza to your Saves list
Bsea Cancun Plaza
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 20.5 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Cancun Plaza Condo Hotel)   |
Ranked #43 of 81 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
“Worst service possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The management of this condo located in apartment 2106 is rude, ignorant and do not have any kind of costumer service attitude. The room we got, was dirty, old and in poor conditions overall. Please do not stay in this condo you will regretted.

• Stayed December 2012
Bsegroup, Owner at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your review, is important for us to inform that we have new management group cal Bsea Cancun Plaza they are profesional with many years in this business, look for Bsea on your next visit to Cancun.

Look forward to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mentor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just returned on 12 December 2012....improvements have been made since my last visit. All the new flooring looks terrific. They are just finishing up the stairways, and it should be done by the end of December.

I also noticed that the restaurant has improved. We had breakfast there one morning and it was much improved over my last visit. I also noticed that the pool on top of the restaurant is now lit at night with rotating colors which looks really beautiful from rooms 420X, 430X, 440X, 450X, 460X.

The beach was wonderful this week. There is a lot more sand which has increased the size of the beach. As for the pool, it is always sparkling -- thanks to Selin's hard work.

With the bus stop (60 cents USD one way) just steps outside the front gates, we went out to the local restaurants every night. We always felt safe in town and on the bus. My friend (who was on her first visit) insisted we take the bus (instead of a taxi) even though we had lots of shopping bags. Taxi's are also plentiful, too, and very reasonable.

Everything is very clean in the common areas -- as it always is. I love how uncrowded this property feels. Like your own private resort. There are always enough chairs at the pool and beach. The views of the ocean are spectacular from most rooms. The color of the Caribbean Sea is the most wonderful blue. I also noticed this time how clean the Sea was. You could easily see the bottom from my balcony in room 4203. Wow!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for, so don't cheap out by paying bottom price. Rooms starting with 1 or 4...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bsegroup, Manager at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your time in review our property, is great to hear that you came back with us and hope to see your again.

Regards
Manager
Bsea Cancun Plaza
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I spent my summer in cancun and really enjoyed staying in Cancun Plaza. I wasn't going to stay at cancun plaza because of some of the reviews but i decided to go anyway. My room was clean with everything working nicely and the view is breath taking!! I have been going to cancun for years and never have i been so close to the beach! To be honest i was expecting something run down for the price i got but it was the opposite.
I went to cancun to spend time on the beach and pool not to spend time in my room all day. i got more than i expected. We say a few sea turtles laying their eggs at night and it was just amazing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Bsegroup, Manager at Bsea Cancun Plaza, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Nice to hear that you enjoy your stay with us, we are working hard to get better service for all our guest.

Manager
BseaCancunPlaza
Mentor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I've stayed at a Riviera Maya all-inclusive every year for the last 11 years, and then my sister recommended Cancun Plaza. This is the CLOSEST that I have EVER been to the beach in the 11 years we have been coming down here. The views are fantastic! Each unit is individually owned, so you need to be sure to book with a reputable manager. I would recommend Carmen Bianca at www.condosurfers.com to book your room. There are other managers, but Carmen is bi-lingual and knows what standards Americans/Canadians/others are looking for. Also, if you have a choice of price-range, select the best one you can afford (it will still be a bargain!), but your accommodation will probably be more updated. "You get what you pay for" is the rule here. Individual owners have their own ideas of what is acceptable -- just as people do in their own homes.

You will have everything you need here....two convenience stores on property, a restaurant on site as well as plenty nearby, a small intimate hotel with ample pool chaises, an immaculately kept pool, an uncrowded beach, etc. Being right on a bus line allows you to quickly get up to the party zone for less than 80 cents USD or take a cab (also plentiful).

I thought I would miss all the drinks and food that an all-inclusive provides, but I didn't. We were easily able to purchase food and drink at the local Wal-Mart and did it ourselves or went out for meals (or used the on-site restaurant which was reasonably priced). Cooking some easy meals and preparing our own drinks did not diminish our experience, but rather ENHANCED it. Instead of wasting time waiting in lines for some 'mystery' food, we were able to make what WE wanted to eat WHEN we wanted to eat.

This was a totally relaxing vacation. Can't wait to go back this March!

Room Tip: Think about what is important to you....view, appliances, bed size, etc., and then tell Carmen what...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We had booked (on a tight budget) here before I checked any reviews and was not encouraged by the reviews I read at all. I wasn't overly concerned because I think I will only sleep there although I was a little concerned over the three young women I was travelling with us. Ha ha, my partner and her two girls!
Anyway, the condos were nicely appointed, extremely clean and two feet (okay maybe 200ft) from the ocean. The pool was well maintained, the restaurant above average and all the staff and residents extremely helpful. Instant family almost.
All in all way more than I bargained for on a budget! Cancun is touristy and this was a great way to avoid a bit of that and kinda have it both ways!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We walked in from the beach, an oasis among the all-inclusives, folks willing to take our money and provide food and drink! Friendly attentive service.

• Stayed December 2011
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We came into Cancun to catch a connecting flight back to Los Angeles and couldn't get out, so a taxi driver (can we say "kick back"?) suggested the "4 star" Cancun Plaza. He dropped us off and left. We looked at one room. Felt like crying. Said take me back to the airport. The Plaza employee showed us 2 more rooms - we finally gave in. Turned out to have tiny ants, dirty fan, no handle on the cold water spigot in the bathroom, and the AC was fixed so it didn't cool. And it was NOT $40 as suggested in other emails - it was $100!! Needless to say, we ran out of there the next morning (we should have called another taxi and found something else at midnight, if that's what it took). Yes, the pool was beautiful. Yes, the ocean was gorgeous. But inside made my skin crawl ... or maybe it was the ants ...

Room Tip: Do what we did - we called Courtyard by Marriott. Not on the beach, but beautiful, clean, solid, com...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bsea Cancun Plaza? Share your experiences!