“Wouldnt stay here even if it was free” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Suites Brisas Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Suites Brisas Beach Resort to your Saves list
Suites Brisas Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 19.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #165 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Wouldnt stay here even if it was free”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stay away from this mess. It’s a total waste of time and money. I think you can make or get a deal here but your health and safety should be more important. Rentals are cheap but very run down so its attracting some very bad people. I didn’t feel very safe here at all …tattoos and thugs. I got the stare down from one at the pool and was so scared I left .. no refund of course as the owner could care less. Lots of cockroaches and the door had a 2 inch gap so they were always crawling in and the pool was so filthy you couldn’t see the bottom.

Room Tip: none.... just avoid
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Savage, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is a joke and so are the owners running it. I booked a trip in January for 8 nights 9 days. I checked in a week before my trip Mrs. Zlatko Delic asked if I would send him another deposit of 250 after I had already send him 250.00 in January. In the meantime if you look at the reviews of this place it's not to good.I didn't feel safe after the rental mafia review so I went to a different hotel. I sent Mrs. Delic a email saying I was not going to stay there and that my 10yr old and 8 yr old daughter didn't feel safe. She never responded so I put a claim in to paypal only for the second 250.00 I told her she could keep the first deposit for her troubles still no response. After a couple of weeks I put in a claim to paypal and was denied. So the long and the short of it is these places are trashed look like garbage your not safe and you get screwed out of 500.00 please use the money to fix the place up. AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We rented in building. E very run down, dirty, faces the ocean but has buildings in front so you have to stand up to see it. The windows were so dirty on the outside you couldn't see anything anyway . In the morning the thread bare sheers that pass as window coverings let in so much sun we couldn't sleep. I know its the tropics but there were cockroaches....a lot of them. The buildings are very old and in a sad state of repair. The appt. needs updating or at least maintenance!! The unit had a nice terrace but the AC units are there spewing hot air and rust and incredible noise. Couldn't last for more than a couple minutes . Were told it had a flat screen tv . Well it did ......nice 14 inch lol. Pool was dirty, buildings falling apart looks like it was nice once but now looks like a eastern european ghetto. Worst part it is now a hangout for some bad people there are about half a dozen units owned by a Cartel family from Columbia not a very nice place to be . They just hang around the halls and pool intimidating people ! Must be 30 of them ! Tattooed and very tough looking. When they stand in front of you at the pool you best jump up and give them the lounge chair! We spent as much time as possible away from brisas or stayed in our shabby depressing room, so happy to leave will NEVER come back. Oh its not a resort ! Nothing here !

Room Tip: No a resort all rooms poorly maintained
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not at all what was promised pictures of the rooms taken 20 years ago run down damp musty filthy ... dirty. Rented from a guy named john he seems to control what rooms you get all of them unacceptable ! AND a no refund policy so we couldnt stay in the filth and lost all or money. HE said well just sue me the laughed and laughed he runs some phony bbb mexico thing which you can search and see for yourself very fishy . Cancun is a beautiful place just avoid the brisas whatever you do ! Was an expensive lesson !

• Stayed December 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent 22 nights in Gerry and Mary's condo. We had a great time. The property is well maintained the beach and pool were always clean. Most of the staff were amazing. There is a small store there so you can pick up a few things. You can get food and drinks during the day around the pool or brought down to you at the beach if you don't feel like making your own. Our kids had a great time here and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We spent 10 days in Anna Shriftman's penthouse at Brisas Condominios (Unit 5204). We were quite pleased with our entire experience. Renting from Anna was very easy; she was very responsive throughout the entire process.
The terrace is very private and needless to say that the view of the Carribean is absolutely fantastic. Both bedrooms and the kitchen have everything to make your stay comfortable and cook your own food. The property is clean and there is a nice pool. We found Brisas to be very quiet and safe. We would definitely consider Anna’s penthouse for our next stay.
Tip for future guests. If the weather is windy don't be discouraged. As you get down to the beach go to its rightmost corner (20 minutes) near Club Med hotel. The sea is usually calmer there and there are no crowds.
Try Swedish massage at the hotel next door to the left.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

This place we rented at Brisas was beautiful and nice however there were several disadvantages that nearly ruined our vacation. We were treated very poorly by management/security during our stay. When we arrived they were reluctant to open the gate and let us in even though we had the key to the place and had reserved it for that week. There was a sign in/out sheet that was consistently annoying, maybe understandable for a college student living in a dorm but a terrible concept for professional adults on vacation. We were told we could not reserve any chairs at the beach or pool, even while we went back in to eat lunch or go to the bathroom, no I'm not kidding. However it didn't take long to figure out they catered to the regulars or owners that lived there because they could reserve anything for any amount of time. If you left a towel on a chair the guard would simply take it off and move it out of the way. We couldn't use the bathroom by the pool, also reserved for the regulars. There is a serious management problem at this resort, and they take it out on the tourist. Our condo was furnished very nicely and had a great view but beware, many of them have serious damage. They only show the pictures online at the website they want you to see. I finally got tired of being badgered and followed around daily by the guard so I threatened to write a nice little review when I returned. My wife and I travel four or more times a year and this is the most poorly managed place we have ever stayed. I'm not sure what kind of internal problems they have but the management could certainly use their time more wisely than harassing guests.

Room Tip: Be sure you see the exact room you are renting!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Suites Brisas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!