“Private and Pleasant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel

You added Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 13.5 | Zona Hotelera Cancun, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #23 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Private and Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is gorgeous. Several signs refer to it as Muse'o Turquesas (Museum)--every wall and open area has a painting, statue, or other artwork. Our room was large, quiet, comfortable and well-appointed. We selected the place over others of similar price because the ad said "small Jacuzzi room". Actually, the room was spacious, and the smallish Jacuzzi was just outside on the balcony--really a courtyard or garden. The hotel sits on a wonderful section of beach, clean and great for swimming or sunning or just walking. There are several nice restaurants nearby--try La Distelleria for good food and fun! The staff was super. There were no hidden charges (like almost everything else in Cancun); the WiFi costs $20 US a day if you wish to connect. We had one meal in the restaurant at the hotel, and it was tasty and not too pricey; the service was superb.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at Casa Turquesa and I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and I will pass on your comments regarding the service from our team. We hope to welcome you back to Casa Turquesa again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Chester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I spent 9 days at Casa Turquesca & had a fabulous experience. We tend to vacation at small hotels & this did not disappoint. We love the intimacy of the estate-like hotel with beautiful landscaping set with bronzes & sculptures around the pool & garden area. Especially love the cat at the pool edge. The beaches are beautiful .... and you can walk for miles.

The staff was exceptional. We felt like we had our own butler/waiter. They were not a minute away from any of your needs.

I few things I think might be helpful....address the entrance to the hotel....needs a little more curb appeal. The hot tub was not necessary for us....never used it. It might be nicer to have more balcony space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our sculptures – the cat is a favourite of mine too! Our personalized service is very important to us and I am glad to hear that you were well looked after by our staff.

We hope to welcome you back to Casa Turquesa again in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I and another couple just spent 5 great days at Casa Turquesa. The experience was liking having a private estate on the most beautiful beach imaginable. The staff was pleasant and extremely attentive - even learning everyones names and favorite drinks and snacks by the third day. It was like having a personal staff! The ambience is elegant and peaceful - a wonderful contrast to the buzz of much of the rest of Cancun. And the art is a treat all its own! I definitely look forward to a return trip. Thank you Casa Turquesa!

Room Tip: higher floor on the ocean side - the view is definitely worth the extra!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review - feedback from our guests is very important to us to see what we are doing right and where we can improve. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Casa Turquesa again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wanting to avoid the massive resort hotels of Cancun proper, I booked a couple of nights here as the starting point of a two week trip around the Yucatan. It's a nice, low key place to stay for a few nights - the main highlight is the gorgeous and relatively quiet stretch of beach it sits on. Being here in early November meant a lot of out of season repairs were going on, which made it slightly less scenic but not noisy. A few coats of paint were definitely needed but slightly less polish was worth it for a quieter and more relaxing experience than most of Cancun's other options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Casa Turquesa. Our priority is to provide a quiet relaxing place to stay with highly personalized service which sets up apart from the other hotels in Cancun. Our staff are always working hard to maintain the hotel and I am happy to hear that this did not impact upon your vacation with us. I hope that we welcome you back to Casa Turquesa again in the near future.
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After high expectations, overall I have to say my wife and I were disappointed with the hotel.
We booked the honeymoon suite, which is on 3 levels, the bedroom being at the top with an outside jacuzzi.
Our main gripes were twofold: 1) the shower was very poor and lacked any decent pressure - this was highlighted to the staff on virtually a daily basis and it was only with two days left that maintenance tried to resolve the issue, but without luck. 2) there were extensive building works occurring during our stay (Mid-November to Dec 1st), for which we were not warned about: these included work being carried out from early morning (7am) until late in the evening on a new outside restaurant and installation of new outdoor jacuzzis in a number of the rooms overlooking the pool. Dust was everywhere and indeed the pool was closed for 1 day due to the hotel having to clean it out (once again, no notification was given that this was happening).
I raised the issues with both the hotel staff and the senior management and to me they were not satisfactorily resolved: the shower continued to be next to useless and the renovations continued unabated. Our travel company did offer us another hotel, but this was an hour away and we really wanted to stay in the vicinity, due to the excellent location to restaurants, beach, etc. As a compromise, the senior manageress offered us a free 3 course dinner in the restaurant, which was very average.
As previous guests have advised, the water in the outside jacuzzi can vary from brown to not so brown.
It was a real shame, as most of the staff are lovely, especially the three amigos at breakfast!
The front desk staff do though still have an issue with the language barrier as their English overall is still quite poor.
The other frustrating issue was with the wi-fi access, which was intermittent at best.
The loaction as I said was great - lovely beach and within walking distance of the mall and other restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't book the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our Maintenance staff aim to respond to issues in a timely matter and unfortunately were unable to resolve the issue with your shower.
At the time of your visit routine maintenance work was taking place together with construction of a palapa near the pool area. We aimed to keep the disruption to a minimum with a restriction in working hours in different locations in the hotel at different times, however I understand that the work taking place impacted upon the enjoyment of your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this.
We now have new Reception staff at the hotel who have a high level of English in order to be able to better communicate with our guests.
Unfortunately at the time of your visit we had recently changed our internet provider and experienced connectivity issues which were out of our control. This has now been resolved.
I hope that you allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to customer service again sometime in the future by returning to Casa Turquesa.
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I'll start by saying my wife and I loved our stay at the Casa Turquesa this past week for our honeymoon. The place was beautiful, the staff was extremely friendly and the view of the ocean was amazing! We didn't want to lave yesterday! Our last night, we were discussing how much we would love to be able to buy the place and what we would do with it.

That being said, I have seen some negative things posted and I partially agree with them, which is why I gave it a rating of "very good" instead of "excellent."
The internet. It went very slow and kept disconnecting and cost $18-20/night. Very expensive for good internet, extremely expensive for the quality the internet is. I paid for one night. I went to purchase internet a different night but the gentleman working the desk would not sell it to me as they were having exceptionally bad connection issues with the internet. He could have easily sold it to me and it been my problem. Instead he offered to let me use the desk computer, which is on a different connection, if I needed to check something. We also met some people on a cruise that we were going to meet up with who were in a big expensive hotel on the opposite side of the city. Their internet was down for a couple of days during that same time and they were still charged for it as they paid for the week.

Complaints about the front desk. It is NOT your typical hotel reception. You walk in the door and there is a desk on both sides of the door and some chairs at them. It was fine to me as there was always someone there and they always greeted us with smiles when we passed the desk. I actually kind of preferred it to a typical hotel. It felt more relaxed and comfortable. Instead of walking into a business and dealing with business people, you walk into an environment where you can forget everything and relax and deal with people who seem to be genuinely happy to see you. Instead of a big reception area, you walk in and see a large room with couches and large windows looking out over the ocean. There are a bunch of LARGE hotels right near by with tons of rooms available and a much less personal experience. At those places, you're just a customer, at the Casa Turquesa, you're a person.

There were some comments about cleanliness. The place is older and it has it's wear. The Jacuzzi on the balcony wasn't shiny white like a brand new tub, but it was clean and did what it i intended for. We don't like people cleaning up after us, so we left the do not disturb sign on the door the majority of the stay. We left it off one day in the middle of our stay. That one day, we came back and found the rose my wife had been given by the driver that took us to the hotel from the airport had been put in water in the room. Bottles of water had been replaced, there were fresh towels and bath robes, bed was made and everything was clean.

I've read complaints about the wet bar not being manned. It looks like it has been shut down for a while. Maybe used for spring break time? I'm not sure. It doesn't matter to us. We didn't spend time in the pool. That beautiful turquoise water and white sand beach was just a few steps further than the pool.

I read that the place needs a major renovation. I do agree with this. My wife and I discussed all of the renovations we would do if we could own it. That being said, none of the things I would change made me not enjoy the place. We loved our stay and would go back again. If we could afford to have just stayed and not come home, we would have.

We had breakfast at the hotel twice and dinner once. The food is good, but there is a limited selection. It is a small hotel and so it makes sense to not have too many things on a menu or you will either have it go bad or be out of things on the menu. There are plenty of places around to get food anyway. They also offered to take the food to the room when we walked in if we didn't want to dine in. (Additional note: the staff in the restaurants were extremely friendly and seemed very happy. A staff that seems happy where they are makes me feel happier being there.)

Location... it's far enough away from the city that you can relax and have your own little part of the beach, but close enough that my wife and I walked down to the city from the hotel. If you don't want to walk, the bus runs often and is quite cheap.

Calling reception. I'm not sure how it worked. I tried a few times but it wouldn't work. Not a big deal. You walk into reception and your room is either 1 floor down or 1 or 2 floors up and there is an elevator if you don't like walking stairs.

Room Tip: We paid the extra money for the ocean view room and I'd do it again. We woke up every morning to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with Casa Turquesa. Your feedback is greatly appreciated to help us improve our services.

I am veryy happy to hear that you loved your stay with us overall. We are in the process of updating some of our amenities and hope that you can visit us again in the future in order to see the improvements. Perhaps for your wedding anniversary?!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

it is a pretty small hotel, the lobby and hallways are decorated with nice paintings and sculptures, very good tastes with the selection of art pieces. the hotel is small and quiet and relaxing. i've been to the hardrock hotel at cancun and their pool area and beach are very crowded, i wouldn't want to stay there, but at casa turquesa, its pool area and beach are like a private beach, i enjoyed my stay there and even extended my stay there. the hotel staff are very friendly. the only downside is the jacuzzi looks old and not clean, and some wood pieces are broken, also the pool had smoked cigarettes in it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed Casa Turquesa and extended your stay with us.

You will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of repainting our Jacuzzis and replacing the wooden surround with a more sustainable product. I am sorry to hear that you saw cigarette ends in the pool - we have cleaning staff constantly working around the hotel to keep up our standards of cleanliness.

We hope to welcome you back to Casa Turquesa again in the future.

Been to Casa Turquesa Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!