“im deff goin aquamrina agen next year! LOVED IT!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aquamarina Beach Hotel

You added Aquamarina Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Aquamarina Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 4.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #87 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
england
“im deff goin aquamrina agen next year! LOVED IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

i just returned from cancun where i stayed at the "Aquamrina beach hotel" it was great everything i expected was of great satisfaction rooms were allways cleaned every morning, people were very friendly the entertainment people were great always got u to join in with the activities and the nightlife downtown is great neva seen nutin liek it speically "CO CO BONGO" neway if u fancy a holiday were u want a laff with friends or relaxin in the day and clubin at nite this is the hotel to go to im deffinatley goin nxt year!!!!!

• Liked — activities in the day and the beach/pool
  • Disliked — very clean and people very friendly
  • Tips/Secrets — dnt get taxis get the bus its very cheap! and easy
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2006

The hotel is definitely 3 star or less. It s a great place to hang out at the pool, eat, drink and party on a budget (can't say anything about the pool because it's a crime to sit in the fake water when you have the ocean right next to you). Staff is friendly, food is decent. Though there is a good playground on premises, it's not a family place. The music is loud by the pool all day and all rooms with the nice view face the pool area. The rooms is ok, weird smell in the bathroom because of standing water in the shower (yuck). But the worst is that the beach is not good for swimming at all. The water is muddy and dirty, a lot of weed, rocks, etc. The sand is clean for playing, that's just about the only good thing on the beach. Walking to the next beaches isn't much of a help either, because they are the same.

On the plus size , cheap, great working A/C and room service, everyone tries to make you feel welcome and it's a good place for budget young singles.

If you are looking for a good ocean beach in Cancun to swim and relax, I would recommend spending the extra 20-40 bucks a day and staying at the hotel on the Carribean sea side (where the main hotels like Hilton and Marriott are). If you don't care and just want to come party, this may be a good place.

• Liked — A/C
  • Disliked — loud music, dirty water in the ocean
  • Tips/Secrets — stay on the Carribean side, not Gulf of Mexico side for best ocean water
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bakersfield, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a week in Cancun. Our hotel, which was rated 4-star, was 1 1/2 at best. The food was terrible. We went all-inclusive thinking it would save us money. But that was not the end result. We pretty much ate the same thing everyday, only because that's what was the safest thing to eat. In Mexico, you expect to eat beans, rice, tortillas, tacos, etc. We did get beans...with every meal. The rice was white with peas & carrots in it-not the red Mexican rice we're used to. No tortillas, no tacos, no enchiladas. Mostly fish in some kind of cream sauce.

The staff was very friendly-especially the bartenders. Jose Luis became a friendly sight. Our room was pleasant enough and clean.

My biggest gripe was that it felt like you were getting ripped off every time you turned around. From the taxi drivers to the car rental to the tours, every minute was spent trying to decifer if we were getting the shaft. We went to Xcaret one day, which was totally not worth the $250 we spent. We were told our ticket didn't include food or snorkel gear, so we paid an extra $25 each. The guide told us a hamburger in there would easily cost us $12! When we got in there, a burger was only $6. Then our snorkel trip got cancelled because the boat wouldn't start. They didn't tell us that we could wait for the next boat-that came in after we got out of line 5 minutes later. It was such a hassle trying to get our money back.

All in all, our trip was ok, though I would never again go back to Mexico. If I want something tropical, in the future, we will go to Hawaii. At least they speak English and use the same monetary system that we do.

england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

terrible holday,2 of us contracted food posioing, my partner a severe ear infection and my daughter suffered a 3rd degree burn to her leg because of a unprotected light,also served under age children with alchol,, we are utterly disgusted with the place,

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — dont go there
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
warrington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

4 of us travelled here on a lads holiday. The hotel rooms where kept very tidy have read a few reviews complaining about noise levels. but the entertainment staff always arranged for nights out leaving at 10.30 so the lobby was normally fairly quiet from then on. We normally stayed in every couple of nights and relaxed and got to bed early without any problems remember you are on holiday. Special mention about the staff they where so friendly and helpful from bar tenders to receptionists to entertainment team. Tha activities that where provided kept you from getting bored during the day floor shows at night where a bit tacky but funny. Whilst in cancun please go to coco bongos at least once even if your old or young you will enjoy the show it is amazing. We met so many nice and friendly people at the hotel that we had so many good nights and made our holiday a pleasure and would come back in a jiffy. From the 3 jocks keith alec and derek and token englishman big mark happy holidays folks.

• Liked — cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — not enough food options
  • Tips/Secrets — bring plenty of tipping money
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
albany, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

I would not willingly return to this Hotel again. 2 main reasons for this.

One; Literally within 5 seconds of checking in at the front desk I was approached by a lady trying to sell time share. She acted as though she was part of the hotel staff and that she was going to give me some orientation. I ended up having to sit down at a desk and once again fight off yet another Mexican trying to sell me time share or get me to go to a time share presentation. This was the last straw after making it through the airport dodging the time share trap there.

Two; I was there for 6 nights and had 6nights of awful sleep. The room was ok for what you pay. The maid service was good. The air-conditioner was the best feature of the hotel. The mattress was ok but what a shame I could not sleep due to the relentless noise!!!! There was tremendous, loud noise from I think the lobby of the hotel or maybe the bar every night. Yelling, shouting, screaming, whistles, laughing was a nightly routine that would usually start around 9pm and last until midnight and onward. I never felt so tired in all my life. By the end of my so called “vacation” I was dizzy, nauseated and irritable from the lack of sleep. My job requires me to work 24-36 hour shifts at times with no sleep. The fatigue one has at the end of a 24-36 hour shift with no sleep is comparable to how I felt on check out day. I don’t know why the hotel could not enforce some type of quit time or keep people quit in the evenings?? There was also noise from the rooms above, below and to either side of me. I would have sworn there was someone in the room above me that did nothing but move furniture and stomp on the ground all day and night.

The rest of the hotel;

The 2 restaurants were ok. Meals ranged from below average to above average on a few occasions. If the 2 main restaurants didn’t have anything good there was always the little pool grill that had your staple of fries, burgers and hot dogs. It’s a shame the beach restaurant is so close to the pool. It wasn’t uncommon for me to have dirty pool water splashed onto my lunch table or plate of food. The occasional volleyball would also come crashing in at times.

The bars are below average to average. Bring your own large cups or mugs as the plastic cups they give you there I think are maybe 3 oz cups?? So I would usually have to get 6 cups to feel quenched. The mixed drinks were rarely blended properly. Large chunks of ice and an uneven mixture of blended ice, slush and liquid was how most of my mixed drinks ended up.

The pool needs to be shut down for health risks. They really should build one pool for adults that want to relax and one pool for the children and activities. The one main pool there usually had 2-10 kids in it from 8 am till 8 pm. Mixed in with the kids where the water activities which made it very hard to relax. The pool water also seemed to always have what looked like boogers floating in it, loose dead skin, hair and other unidentified organic objects. I can’t imagine what the urea level was. The icing on the cake after not being able to sleep all night was those huge black club speakers’ positioned all throughout the pool and beach area. From these speakers blasted a variety of activities/games from the pool girl or headache inducing music all morning and afternoon.

The beach in front of the hotel is ok to lie on if you don’t mind the noise from the speakers. The water is muddy felling on your feet and full of seaweed and you have to walk up or down the beach to find a better spot.

• Liked — airconditionar
  • Disliked — noise and the time share ladies
  • Tips/Secrets — hahahahahahahahah
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

Stayed there from July 18th-22nd, 2006. There's nothing good to say about this place. I couldn't get my $100 deposit back and the hotel staff said it had nothing to do with them. Someone else on this site had the same problem. I think the sheets and towels might have been originals from when the hotel first opened up; however many years ago that was. Most of the staff were nice, but this place needs a major overahaul even for the low prices they are charging.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Not getting back my $100 deposit
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay there
Stayed July 2006

Been to Aquamarina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!