“Absolutely Fabulous!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aquamarina Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Aquamarina Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Aquamarina Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 4.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #91 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

IF YOU WANT A RELAXED QUIET HOLIDAY (WITH OPTIONS TO GO PARTYING ELSEWHERE) IN A CLEAN, FRIENDLY PLACE, THIS IS FOR YOU

Having read many of the reviews already posted I have to say I'm shocked. The hotel is not very new, this is true but it is spotlessly clean, family orientated and an absolute pleasure to stay at. The staff were unbelievably helpful and friendly - they decorated our table with balloons, streamers etc and provided wonderful drinks on my friend's birthday night. The rooms are not particularly modern but all have a flat screen TV, 2 double beds an ensuite and a beautiful sea view, and our room was massive. I can't really see why you would need more as personally I don't go on holiday to spend time in my room!

The resort caters for a lot of domestic (I mean Mexican) tourism and is popular with people from across the Americas, which for me was a bonus, I can stay at home and speak to Europeans for nothing.... the food caters for all tastes but there is an excellent selection of some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten, they even gave us our favourite recipe when we left. Big thanks to Francisco - El Capitan - for the catering side of the hotel, a wonderful man, as are all the staff and yes, Jhobani is a very funny young man, made us laugh every day.

Also fantastic were the entertainments staff Thadeo, Williams, Betza & Jose, again nothing was too much trouble and we formed a great friendship which has continued now I'm home. I loved yoga/stretch on the beach and aquaerobics in one of the 3 hotel pools, plus volleyball (I was rubbish....) and the live band on Saturday nights is world class!

The beach is fairly small but beautiful and yes, there is some sea grass in the water but you know what? Its not just a holiday destination folks that complained about it, it is actually first and foremost a natural environment and guess what? Sometimes plants grow! Sea grass is in fact a very important part of marine nature so perhaps be glad you got to see some.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my friend stayed in this hotel for 11 nights in this hotel. We are a a lad and lass in our 20s. We couldn't not have been happier.
We were looking for a cheap holiday and this was the cheapest hotel we could find for the dates we wanted, and were expecting dingy unclean hotel. We were surprised by the size of our room. Huge, with 2 double beds. I don't know how the lady 2 reviews down can say the rooms were small, she must stay in palaces, or she's a snob. We had a beautiful sea view. Spacious shower. The maid cleaned the rooms every day and was very good. A fridge would have been nice, but it didnt matter that there wasnt one. The bar staff very friendly, as we're the restaurant staff, jhaboni made me laugh at breakfast and lunch. Food was also fab, not a huge choice but what was there was very nice.
The entertainment staff were superb, stuff to do all day, we didn't join in everything but really enjoyed volleyball on the beach. If you want to go out and party (like we did) the entertainment staff 'Los amigos', betza, willie, Jose and tadao tell you where the best party is each night. Coco bongo, señor frogs, sweet, dadyos, mandala, the city etc. and they will provide you with wrist bands for queue jump and open bar and reserved tables for a small fee, they also accompany you there with free transport, you do have to make your own way back, but buses are so cheap.
After reading the negative reviews below, I don't know what their problem is. Complaining about stupid things. Yes the beach is small, but the sand in it is lovely. There is some seaweed... But it IS a sea, it's to be expected. Small rooms? Get a life!

Basically if you like clean, friendly service and a good time I can't fault this place. We will definitely return, well done Aquamarina x

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

just got back from aquamarina i looked on here before i went dont go on a lot of negative reveiws. yes the hotel does need to get fridges and tea/coffee facilities in rooms but the food ,friendly staff and entertainment team betsa and willie especially make up for this .the hotel is spotlessly clean .we are a couple in our late 50's and will be returning to this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vidalia, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The room was very small, the bed was hard, the air conditioner didn't cool the room. There was no microwave, refridgerator or coffee pot in the room. There was not even any coffee in the lobby, and had to wait till 7 for the resturant to open. When I asked how I could get coffee earlier, I was told to walk across the street!!! We booked this for our honeymoon through a company called Special-T-Travel. This was an all-inclusive stay, but the food was greasy and old tasting. There weren't any activities to do, but lay by the pool and listen to way too loud techno music. We checked out the next day! I hope I get my money back, but this place is terrible!!!! The only thing I can say is the girl that checked us out was courteous. AS for the value, I wouldn't stay here again IF THEY PAID ME!!!!

Room Tip: Find out how old the building is. Find out if the place you are staying is in the old hotel zone.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to Aquamarina Beach Hotel from 13/10/12 to 23/10/12 and It was truly the best holiday ever! The hotel was very nice and we were greeted the minute we got out of our transfer bus from the airport. We were shown to our rooms very quickly by the very good bell man. The room was big with a fantastic view. Everything worked well and there were lots of hand lotions, soaps and matches etc. We went down for dinner an we were once again greeted and shown to seats. It was a buffet style restaurant with a wide range of choice. There was a salad bar and then a selection of meat, rice, pasta etc. There was always someone on a grill cooking another type of meat or fish. The staff were always very nice to us and couldn't do enough for you. We then went to bed and watched some TV. Even though we couldn't understand it, it was still nice to have especially for my son as there was ALWAYS something on to do with football! We had a good sleep (the beds were very comfy). Breakfast the next morning was good and was probably the best meal of the day. Once again there was a salad bar and there was a selection of cereals and pastries. It was a buffet style again with some meat. hash browns and pancakes etc. Once again there was someone on the grill cooking fresh omelettes. We spent that entire day in the hotel. There was three pools, one was tiny for smaller children and babies, another was the calm pool for older people and for people who just wanted to swim rather then play in the pool and in the last pool (that also had the swim up bar next to it) there was water polo goals and basketball nets. There were two jacuzzis open from 10am till 10pm an a quieter sun bathing/relaxing area. You could borrow beach towels and then bring them back at the end of the day as well. The beach wasn't massive but it did have a beach football pitch and a beach volleyball court. The entertainment team were brilliant! There was always an activity on between 11am to 6pm. All of the activities were very good and you were always told the rules etc before playing. There was also a mini golf course and table tennis. For lunch there was a snack bar with burgers, hot dogs, chips etc. And there was another restaurant pool side which was a buffet type restaurant again with pretty much all the same food as dinner. There was also a "Mr Whippy" type ice cream machine. The swim up bar had alcohol (beers, cocktails etc) and soft drinks. Our first full day at the hotel was excellent and when we got back to the room and seen how hard that the maid had worked it made the day complete. The maid worked so hard and definitely earned her tip at the end! Dinner was pretty much the same although it all tasted wonderful again! Pudding was again pretty much the same.

There was a shop in the hotel with internet and a shop opposite which was a bit like the "Co-operative" of Mexico. There were lots of drink, crisps, sweets etc in there. "Wal-mart" was around 10 mins away on the bus and there was a bus stop just outside the hotel. An R1 bus or an R2 bus would take you to "Wal-mart", the football stadium and the center of Cancun and also La Isla (the shopping center with Cancun Aquarium in it where you can swim with dolphins). If you want to book any trips in Cancun I would recommend booking with the agency just outside the hotel (they are cheaper than all of the airlines). We went to Xel-Ha and it was brilliant and an amazing day out! We also went to Isla Mujeres for the day and it was once again a fantastic day out! I would suggest that you take the opportunity of getting the golf cart for the day (you will get bamboozled the minute you get off the ferry to try and hire one for the day) if is worth it and you get too see MUCH more of the island than without it. There are always sellers on the beach trying to sell you stuff for ridiculous prices! So don't fall for it as you can get most of the stuff in shops every where for half the price! There is also a flea market where you can get a load of crap and be verbally abused by most people so I wouldn't recommend that! I would however recommend taking a note of the exchange rate and how much 1 peso is in pounds and pence and then how how much 50 pesos is and the 100 etc.

The hotel was amazing and truly the best we've stayed at! The staff work night and day to make the hotel the best it can be for you! I would recommend this hotel to everyone reading this. If you are thinking about going here the go! You wont be disappointed! The staff alone in the Aquamrina Beach Hotel made this the best holiday ever!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with one if my friends for 2 weeks. When we arrived we were greeted and welcomed which was wry warm the rooms were spacious with air con a safety deposit box and very clean. The view was lovely overlooking the pools and beach. The hotels entertainment was great nite and afternoon was lots to do. The al inclusive food was great a wide variety and very tasty , and you could have drink any time which was good. The hotel wasn't right on the nightlife but all you had to do us catch a bus which was a 5 minute ride for when you wanted to party and if you wanted a relaxing night the hotel catered to that:) would definitely go back again!!!!!!! Love Mexico cancun altho 11 hour flight is hard as direct flight but goes quickly lol hope this helps.

Stayed September 2012
Brasilia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

It is best to be direct: the beach is one of the worst ones in Cancun; the hotel is 30 years old, not renovated; There isn't internet in the room. There is a karaoke until 11pm in face of the rooms, loud and not fun. Food is not bad, but nothing especial. Since you can pay the same or a few dollars more to stay in dozens of excellents hotels in town, you will stay here just if you act as I did, without look any review.

Room Tip: Hotel Acquamarina, Cancun
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aquamarina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!