As I am writing this, I'm staring at the ocean and clear sands from my balcony.
Day 3 of the trip and I had to write a review and give back to all those I've read from before. (Note the free wi-fi, nice!). Thomas More picked us up from the airport, make sure you have your travel arranged before you land because if you don't, you'll get bombarded by everyone at the airport who is trying to help you (which means they want to get you transportation and sell you on a timeshare). Upon landing, our luggage was wisked away and we were escorted to our room. We received a call from our personal concierge making sure everything was to our liking. No complaints. In fact, we have 9 adults and 2 infants with us and before we arrived we had rooms in two different buildings. We requested rooms next to each other, which they could not guarantee. Upon arriving, they worked it out and we had two rooms, with great views of the pool and the ocean. We also requested high chairs in the room and when we walked in they were already there.
What else can I say? The staff at the poolside bar are great. Everyone is incredibly friendly, the kind of friendly you always imagined when you take a nice vacation. We went to dinner at Hacienda Sisal. Amazing service from Carlos and amazing food and drinks. We will definitely be going back.
As far as improvements? Well, it's December and today was a bit chilly. Not the resort's fault, more ours. We've been cooking breakfast and lunch and sometimes dinner, so we haven't been to all the restaurants. We did venture out to the sister property (Royal Islander) to eat at Paco's Tacos. AVOID at all cost. At least 3 people in our group are now sick (in less than 12 hours). I can tell you that we'll probably stick to the Hacienda Sisal.
It's right next to the mall, so that was a nice way to kill time when the weather was kinda crummy. Today the weather is going to be a little better, so we plan on spending the morning at the heated pools until the sun fights through the clouds.
Overall, it's been a great vacation, despite the weather. Thanks Royal Sands. Now just make sure you fix the food at the Royal Islander. That really was a bummer (and now we're paying for it).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a breathtaking beach location, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for a week of Royal relaxation.The Royal Sands® sits at the center of Cancun’s spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun