Traded my Sands week 47 for week 25, 7 amazing days. We brought our friends and their daughters age 12 & 10 along with my wife and daughter age 12 and the stay couldn't have been better. You are always greeted when you arrive with a welcome crew who tells you "welcome home" and that's how we feel at the Sands. As always the hotel and grounds are keep beautifully, the staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We had a beach front villa, which made the stay even more special.The kids joined me for water aerobics with Uzi and Pepe each morning, they played Mexican lottery and bingo for prizes each day, and we learned to Salsa dance with Pepe. The welcome party at the pool on Sunday was fun, (all the beer and rum and cokes you can drink for an hour) At 3pm its happy hour and drinks are half price (get a Leaping Lizard)Unlike some other hotels there is no charge for louges on the beach and plenty of umberlla's. Our maid was amazing, the room sparkled and she would make different figures out of the hand towels and leave them on the table for us each day. We went to the taco party at the VCI to see the renovations and were impressed with the updates to the rooms. We had great meals at the Hacenda Sisal and Paco's Taco's (with prices below what we pay at our Marriott timeshare), and the always resonable Tradewinds. Though the beaches along the coast had been wiped out at some resorts the beach at the Sands was fine.
There was no evidence of swine flu, it seemed to be totally blown out of proportion, and because of that there were no waits at restaurants, deals on things like dolphin swims and other day trips. We never get tired of going to the Sands and look forward to being back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a breathtaking beach location, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for a week of Royal relaxation.The Royal Sands® sits at the center of Cancun’s spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun