We just returned from a week at the royal sands in Cancun. Overall, we had a fantastic week, great weather, great location and generally positive about the royal sands hotel.
Great staff, Gerardo at the char hut pool bar (phase II) is a legend... Really looked after us!
The pool waiters serve you drinks and even bring you your lunch to your lounger which is really cool...
Everyone staying there was really friendly with us...lots of American couples who own the timeshare units... Lovely people..
It's really good that the all inclusive restaurants are spread out, the main one on site buffet style as normal, but then 3 offsite, captains cove which is fantastic, hacienda sisal which is pretty good and el conquistador which we didn't get to try but we heard good things about it.
Great location with free shuttle service between the other royal hotels (and all incl restaurants)
Great food throughout
Good amenities on site
Lovely pool area / pool bars
Great beach, see can be a bit rough though
We found the rooms themselves to be more 4* standard, the overall hotel is a good 5* standard otherwise. Clean and totally fine with nice sea views, just quite basic decor though and not in keeping with rest of the resort.
The all inclusive setup is still quite new we understood and as yet I would say they havent found the right way of managing it.. The resort is primarily timeshare for Americans, so we were only one of a few people with all inclusive. Even though you have a wristband, you still have to give in your card and sign a printed bill for every single thing you have...
Probably the main con for us was that you seem to get disturbed a lot whilst in your room... We had the personal concierge call on us the 1st evening asking to go to the welcome meeting, fine no issue...but then started trying to get us to go on a boat trip, then attend a timeshare presentation (albeit under the guise of something else). Then at 7.30am the next morning, she called our room asking if we had decided if we wanted go on the boat trip... once we asked reception to stop disturbing it it was ok.
In general, the royals sands is a great place to stay, we would go again just for the people experience alone (staff and other guests). Hopefully they will get the all inclusive thing sorted soon, otherwise definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a breathtaking beach location, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for a week of Royal relaxation.The Royal Sands® sits at the center of Cancun’s spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun