- Week long stay in May '12 using a friend's exchanged time share; 2 bedroom villa in Phase II
My stay here was great and I would definitely return. The room was spacious, clean, and the staff was very professional and friendly. The market downstairs was perfect -- it provided almost all of our groceries and drinks.(We did venture to WalMart for a bigger selection--the bus ride there was a little long, though.) We tried the hotel's restaurant (awesome quesadillas & wings) and the Mexican restaurant right in front of the Royal Sands (delicious fajitas). Both of the property's pools are gorgeous and relaxing, and the views of the beach are perfect! The drinks at the pool bar weren't THAT great, so I'd suggest spiking them a little (lol). The location is a little ways from downtown, but this gives it a more secluded feel. The bus stop is right outside of the hotel and takes you to all the shopping areas and clubs for only a couple pesos. We booked various activities through the Royal Sand's Sports Desk and had a great time jet skiing, parasailing, driving speedboats & snorkeling.
Sidenote: Phase II's lobby had a constant aroma circulating throughout the space, and it smelled soo good! It was very therapeutic during check-in, check-out, and account handling.
A Coco Bongo employee comes around the beach/pool area and registers guests for tickets and roundtrip transportation to the club...if you see her, sign up! We got a nice deal, including open bar, and danced the night away at this Cancun hotspot. We also visited Senor Frogs and a few other bars in the downtown area. Definitely a fun time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands(R), All-Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun